Create Account

S57 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 05:59 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

1. Update Page

2. Activity Check

3. Training

3 Million for 3 Tasks, good work! Make sure to make a new post for the rest of your tasks, @zaynzk! -ACC
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 06:02 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

task 1
task 2
task 3
4 coming soon
Task 5
6 coming soon
task 7
Okay! Time to watch my first stream, and it will be SMJHL Finals game 6. Right off the bat I'm left wondering why it takes 4 whole minutes until the stream actually starts. Oh well i can fast forward. First look at the sim game screen and I like it. Scoreboard and team logos across the top with  the minutes of the game below them on the left and player stats on the left. I'm liking the depth of player stats that are added in game. Now something popped up that I don't fully understand but I think I really like. The rink pops up on the bottom left with a locater that shows where on the Ice action happening. If I am wrong don't blame me, I don't know anything about hockey. End of the first and Newfoundland is up with only one goal. End of the 2nd  and despite shots on goal being close newfoundland is now up 2-0. 3rd period was a wild one and somehow it ended tied up at 3-3. To finish the game off with a massive comeback The Whalers score in overtime! what a game.
task 8

6 million paid out for 6 completed tasks, nice job! Make sure to make a new post with the rest of your tasks, @inverted! -ACC
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 06:06 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

1. Create an update page
I Created An Update Page!

2. Claim an activity check

I Claimed An Activity Check!

3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)
I Have Bought Training!

8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)
I Completed The Survey.

All invalid per a) Not being an eligible rookie, and b) Being banned. -ACC
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 06:10 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Task 1: Update thread

Task 2: Activity Check

Task 3: Weekly Training

Task 5: Graphic

Task 8: Old player page

5 million for 5 completed tasks, loved the graphic! Make sure to make a new post with any new completed tasks, @Leppish! -ACC

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 06:13 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Task 8

4 million paid out for 4 completed tasks, congrats again on Toner's great career! Make sure to make a new post with any new task completions, @JT3! -ACC

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 06:32 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

1. Update Page
2. Activity Check
3. Weekly Training
4. Complete a PT (“Your first PT” and the "Rookie Survey PT" do not count)
5. Graphic
6. Write a Deep Dive
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube

8. Recreate Rookie Survey

5 million paid out for 5 completed tasks, nice job! Make sure to make a new post with any newly completed tasks, @siddhus! -ACC

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 06:43 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Task 5. Rookie Graphic

Task 7. Watch a stream
S56 IIHF Exhibition Day 2:

Game one took team Switzerland and faced them against team norway.

Team Swiss beat team Norway six - five

Team Japan faced Team Latvia in the second game, with team japan squeaking out the
win, well not really squeaking, they won six - two

Team Sweden face team United States in the third game, team Sweden fought hard but
lost to team USA five - two

the next game was team austria versus team russia, team austria won with a commanding
four - one lead.

Game 6 faced team czechia and team finland, in the end team czechia defeated
finland five - four.

Game 7 was team Canada facing off against team great britain, team britain scored 5 minutes
into the period, scored by nick brain and assisted by rex kirkby. they would then score again
5 minutes later to build on the lead two nothing. the canadians would come back with two
minutes left in the period to score their first of the day, leaving a 1 goal deficit heading
into the second period.

2 million more for 2 more tasks, good work @MrRuihu! Keep it up! -ACC
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 10:45 PM by zeagle1.)

nvm am stoopid pls ignore

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 01:43 PM by reid.)

1. Create an update page: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=111181
2. Claim an activity check: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2938143
3. Buy a week of training: https://simulationhockey.com/banktransac...p?id=51097
4. Complete a PT: NOT COMPLETE. Waiting for claim after draft
5. Create a graphic https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=111782
6. Write a Deep Dive: NOT COMPLETE. Not eligible to do yet.
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube:
I watched my first stream with the team that picked me up as a undrafted free agent, the Kelowna Knights. They were coming off a Cinderella story first series and were staring down the Vancouver Whalers who I gather was a trading partner earlier this season, gaining some big guns from Kelowna. There was even a little bit of smack talk going between the two teams, including a media thread created about it. The link came in on the discord and I had no clue what to expect. First, I am setup on twitch for PBE, but youtube is still on my personal account – so, I decided to look for the twitch version. A little digging later I found myself there for a VERY well produced graphic overlay. Coming from the PBE, there is commentary, allowing me to do other things while the stream is on in the background. With only the sounds of FHM to alert me of what’s going on, I found myself trying to read every line of text flying up the screen. I’ve never played FHM, so it was a new UI for me (even OOTP is different). The rink was a cool feature - to see how some plays developed and their outcome. And the custom goal horns are very neat. The hour flew by and before I knew it, I had zoned into my first stream here. Again, kudos for the very clean looking graphic overlays – even when there might have been a quick-sim problem, the overlay really helped so everything appeared under control.
8. Complete the Rookie Survey: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2928600

6 Tasks complete and graded @Sivart +6M. Please create a new claim post and link this one when claiming the other 2! 

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 01:54 PM by reid.)

Task 4
Complete a PT

Tasks Already Completed
Task 1
Task 2 
Task 3
Task 7
Task 8

@ImYolo please link the claim thread for your PT in order to receive the 1 M for Task 4

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows 
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 01:49 PM by reid.)

1. Update Page
2. Activity Check
3. Buy Week of Training
5. Graphic
7. Since I joined the league late, I was not able to watch any game live, but I watch the most recent stream from November 11th and watch the Stampede play the Steelhawks. This was super interesting to watch as a first-time sim league player, so it was cool to see how it worked and see how players did in a game. My favourite moment was when the Steelhawks scored 2 goals within moments of each other. That is always exciting to see whether in person or watching a simulation. While letting one goal was bad for the Stampede, taking a penalty a moment later only to allow the Steelhawks to score again and take a commanding 2-0 lead in the first 10 minutes of the first period. This seemed to have done the trick for the Steelhawks as the Stampede were not able to do anything since they went down early. Great game and fun to watch for sure! (159 words)
8. Rookie Survey

GRADED! +6M for 6 tasks complete. Please be sure to make an additional claim post and link this post within when claiming the other 2 tasks Smile @"SeymourSnatches"
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 01:55 PM by reid.)

1. Update Thread
2.Activity Check
Weekly Training
4. First Point Task
8. Rookie Survey

Task 4 not complete. Please link the claim thread once this has been graded! Sorry for the confusion.

@supertardis101 Graded, +4M! Please be sure to create a new claim post and link this within.

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 07:35 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

1. Create an update page

5. Create a graphic

7. Watching my first SHL stream! I was at work, but the stream came at a good time to take lunch so I was able to watch. I come from the PBE, so I just kind of assumed the stream would be similar but in hindsight it would be a lot harder to animate a simulated hockey game so it makes sense that it just kinda shows the scores and puts down text lines of the key plays. I played on the third line for my Falcons, and managed a +/- of 0 which seems solid enough for someone with as little TPE as Danny C was rocking. We managed to pull out a win against the Scare Crows, love to start the career with a W! I managed a whole shot on goal, that one didn’t make it and I still have yet to sink a puck in the net myself. I do have 2 assists though, including one that came in the playoffs! Looking forward to the day I make that shot.

8. Pretty sure I did this please let me know if I did not

Hey, @DannyC great work! All of these tasks count except for #8, for that one we'll need you to link your post where you stated completion of the Rookie Survey in a new claim post here. This is still good for six tasks though, good job getting 6 million! -ACC

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 07:42 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

1. Update Page
2. Claim an Activity Check
3. Buy a week of training
4. Complete a PT
7. Best thing about watching the four star cup final was watching someone I recruited to the site win it all. In the short time that Boom has been here he has turned a Vancouver team from a second tier team to a powerhouse J team and a place that I would love to go to should I be drafted. He faced down a tough challenge from Newfoundland only to come back and send it to OT and then win it all with 13 minutes left. Now, he has a chance to be named the GM in Vancouver and it will be a travesty if he doesn't get it. The series itself was a great one though, I suggest going back and watching from the beginning. Vancouver really did put everything into it and it was easily one of the top five series wins in my time here. Of course, I am biased because its boom.
8. Past Player

Great work @Vandy, 6 tasks completed for 6 million! Make sure to make a new post with any newly completed tasks! -ACC

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 07:55 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

11-11-2020, 01:47 PMTheDangaZone Wrote: This is the S57 SMJHL (S58 SHL) Rookie Tasks Claim thread. This task is only available for rookies entering the SMJHL during S57. These tasks will be available for all S57 SMJHL rookies for the duration of S57 and at the following offseason post between S57 and S58 it will close.

For claiming tasks simply make a post in the Rookie Task thread and link each task in said post to be graded. Please keep all claims in the same post and one of the Recruitment Team will come by and grade each task to verify they are done and then award the proper amount.

Once a recruitment member has replied to your post, please create a separate post in the thread with any additional tasks completed. Make sure to link any previous claim posts in subsequent claim posts.

- 8 tasks will be available, each worth $1,000,000 each. If a user completes all 8 tasks they will receive a $1,000,000 bonus for a payout of up to $9,000,000 total.

The 8 rookie tasks are as follows:
1. Create an update page
- Please link to the claim thread of a PT you are submitting for this instead of linking the PT itself. We hope that will make tracking and verification easier on the recruitment team and keep us from being the determining force on what is or is not a PT or counts as a PT.
5. Create a graphic
- Please put that this graphic is a "Rookie Task Graphic" in the title of the thread. Every graphic that is submitted as a rookie task graphic will receive a base payout equivalent to a grade of .5 / 5 on the graphics grading scale for 125k. With the 1M received for doing this task we hope this mitigates that payout and also makes things much easier on the graphics team. By labeling it a "Rookie Task Graphic" as well you will not use your 1st time graphic bonus.
If you do not label the graphic with "Rookie Task Graphic" then you will be submitted to normal grading guidelines and will use up your 1st time graphic bonus.
6. Write a Deep Dive
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
    -To verify, please do one of the following and post it in your rookie tasks claim:
      Write 150 words about the games that happened during the stream
      Create a 2-min podcast about the stream
      Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission)
8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)
    - As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead

Grading will be done when it's best available to the recruitment team member who is assigned that week and will not always be at the same time weekly so please be patient if grading is not done right away.

Thank you and have fun to all the SMJHL rookies.
Create an update page 

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=111870

Activity check   

https://simulationhockey.com/newreply.ph...to=2940273

Buy training

https://simulationhockey.com/banktransac...p?id=51441

Rookie survey
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponseP...RGSkVJTi4u

Complete a PT

+2 TPE - Early bird PT

5 tasks

Hey @BloodPig, good work! Unfortunately your links for Task 2 and Task 8 were broken, we'll need you to fix those in a new post, along with any other new tasks you complete, before we can approve the claim for that. But this post is still good for 3 completed tasks for 3 million. -ACC