Create Account

S57 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 08:17 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

1. Create an update page
2. Claim an activity check
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)
4. Complete a PT (Earlybird)
5. Create a graphic
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube

I was able to sit down today and watch most of the SHL entry draft! With the SMJHL entry draft coming on Sunday (that being my first ever draft!), I wanted to get a sense of how the whole process worked. Being relatively new to the scene, I'm way out of touch with who the major players were. Regardless of my absolute ignorance, I strapped myself in and got taken along for the ride. The commentators were engaging and pretty funny, the overall vibe was positive and I enjoyed it. The highlights of the stream for me were definitely when the Minnesota Chiefs made a surprise appearance despite not existing anymore. No one mentioned it for quite some time, and I was pretty confused! Baltimore Platoon fans were probably pretty upset that some city named Baltimorel stole their hockey team and their picks. From what I understood, this isn't a one time occurrence. This aggression will not stand, man.

8. Complete the Rookie Survey

--------------------

Hey @Kierkan, great work! You've completed 7 tasks for 7 mil! Make sure to make a new post with your one remaining task should you finish it! -ACC
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 08:37 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

1. Update Page
2. Activity Check
3. First Training
5. Create a Graphic
7. Watch an SMJHL Stream
I tuned in to watch the SMJHL draft, my first livestream watched for the league and it was great. I loved that there was pre-draft discussion going on beforehand while having a marble stream to keep viewers entertained. First overall was of course Jean-Locke Zidane. Detroit didn't disappoint making their 3 1st round picks in a row Luc Blouin, Pavel Jaziak, and Kermit Murphy. Personally, I was picked 22nd overall going to the Anchorage Armada. The draft is dwindling now as we're getting some passes. I've heard there's an IIHF match coming up after the draft of which I will certainly stay tuned for.

8. Complete the Rookie Survey 

Good work @CaptainCamel! Unfortunately your task #7 was short of the 150 word minimum so I have to deny that claim. However the rest of your completed tasks count, so that's 5 mil for 5 tasks. Make sure to make a new post for any newly completed tasks! -ACC
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 08:36 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

1. Created an Update Page
2. Claimed an activity check
3. Claimed 1st week of training
8. Completed the Rookie Survey 

Others will be added when completed.

Four mil for four tasks completed, well done @filipscoresberg! Make sure to make a new post with any other tasks you complete! -ACC

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 08:55 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

1. Create an update page - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2942257
2. Claim an activity check - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2940908
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players) - https://simulationhockey.com/banktransac...p?id=51486
4. Complete a PT - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=112069
5. Create a graphic - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=112069
8. Complete the Rookie Survey - As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....huck+Goody

Hey @Nike, great work with these claims! Unfortunately your link for Task #5 was broken so I have to deny that claim. The rest still count for 5 mil, make sure to make a new post for any new tasks completed! -ACC

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 09:01 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

TASK #4 - COMPLETE A PT

1-3,5,7-8 already claimed

#6 still pending

Nice job, @bjkman! One more task done, one more mil in the bank! As always make a new post with any more completed tasks! -ACC

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 09:16 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Task 4 - Please confirm if S57 SMJHL Earlybird PT counts. 
Task 7
Today, I watched the SMJHL Rookie draft. According to scouting services media and various other draft related media, Jonny Tsunami was expected to go in the 2nd round, if not earlier. Jonny Tsunami thought he interviewed well, but maybe there were a couple question marks that GMs. Jonny Tsunami watched the stream and a lot of names went off the board in the 1st round, none being Tsunami. Jonny Tsunami expected to get picked in the 2nd round, but got passed up 12 times. When the 3rd round came, the 30th pick of the draft, Jonny Tsunami was selected by the team that gave him a DFA contract, the Maine Timber. Jonny Tsunami is looking to prove all those that passed up on him wrong. 

This was one Jonny Tsunami's first streams, and there were a lot of mention of marbles. I have no idea what they were talking about. I feel the draft went fairly quickly and was well run by the streamer. To be fair, I stopped watching the stream after I was drafted because I was excited and I had no reason to watch further. 

Code:
188 words

Still pending Task 6.

Two more completed tasks for 2 mil, good work @Jonny Tsunami! Make sure you make a new post with Task 6 when completed! -ACC

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 09:23 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Earlybird PT - 1M.

One more task done for one more mil, only one more to go! -ACC
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 09:36 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

4. Complete a PT

5. Create A Graphic

7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube:
I watched both the SHL and the SMJHL Draft streams, as I was doing both drafts in two different ways. I was drafting players in the SHL draft and listening to all the speculation going on about who we pick and why. Sorry the trades slowed everything down. I was being drafted in the SMJHL draft, so I was watching that to see the reactions to me going first overall, which I knew days before the actual draft. I loved how both pre-drafts consisted of marbles. As someone who has never watched them before, but was always curious as to what everyone was talking about, it was cool to see. I did not like the part of the stream was not a certain GM jumping in and claiming “I do not know what my team is doing.” I do not think GMs who are actively drafting should be on the stream talking about picks. Maybe a quick 2 min interview about a recent pick, but being on there for a while was weird.

Still have to do 6.

3 more tasks completed, good work @Nictox!" Almost done! -ACC

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 09:56 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Task 1: Update page
Task 2: Activity Check
Task 3: Weekly Training
Task 4: Mock Draft PT
Task 5: Rookie Task Graphic
Task 6:
Task 7: Today I watched the rookie entry draft. Before the draft and more importantly, I played virtual marbles with other viewers of the stream. I didn't win any unfortunately. I followed the draft and my mock draft and somehow I managed to amass 7 total tpe from the mock draft. My player was drafted 33rd overall by Kelowna which was a surprise to me. Because I am so new to the SMJHL, only creating my account a few days ago, I figured I would go pretty late. I am glad I ended up on Kelowna though because they stuck out to me as one of the friendlier teams during the rookie interview process. My team had 7 picks in the draft including mine, and one other in my round. Detroit had picks 2, 3, and 4 which will probably greatly benefit their team, and the Scarecrows' picked Jean-Locke Zidane who should be a very strong player for them.
Code:
157 words

Task 8: Rookie Survey

Almost done, good work @cahtah haht! Make sure to make a new post with any more completed tasks! -ACC

[Image: pub?w=620&h=349]
[Image: pub?w=1816&h=100]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 10:11 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

#A-Rye Izzy
Knights

1. Create an update page
Update page Link

Activity Check Link

Weekly Training

4. Complete a PT (“Your first PT” and the "Rookie Survey PT" do not count)
PT Claim Link

5. Create a graphic
Rookie Task Graphic

@Mike Izzy = 5 tasks completed

Well done Izzy, 5 tasks for 5 mil! Make sure to make a new post when you complete any more tasks @Mike Izzy! -ACC

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 10:25 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Task 4: Complete a PT

Tasks 6 and 7 left to do.

One mil for one task, two more to go! Almost done @Leppish! -ACC

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 07:39 PM by reid.)

Task 1 - Create an update page
Task 2 - Claim an activity check
Task 3 - Weekly training
Task 8 - Complete the Rookie Survey

Graded! +4M @Flamingo! Make sure to create a new reply to this thread and link to this post next time you are claiming completed tasks! Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 07:43 PM by reid.)

11-13-2020, 03:25 PMJT3 Wrote: Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Task 8

4 million paid out for 4 completed tasks, congrats again on Toner's great career! Make sure to make a new post with any new task completions, @JT3! -ACC
Task 4

Task 5

Task 6: 7
On Sunday I tuned into the SMJHL S57 Draft stream hosted by Halkohol. It's been quite a while since I last tuned into one of the draft streams, most of the time I just keep an eye on who my own team is drafting and check in on the rest of the draft later. I joined in on the pre-draft marbles that have been pretty popular lately. While this was happening Halk had a few GM's on to talk about the draft and the SMJHL. While there was a fair bit of fluff, I thought they provided some interesting insights into what their teams were looking for in the draft and what they thought of this seasons draft overall. Once we got underway things started a little slowly, but my name actually ended up being called sooner than I anticipated, going 6th overall to Colorado. I continued to watch probably about half of the draft, wanting to see where some of the other recreates as well as some of the bigger name first-gens ended up, as well as who else Colorado was going to take. Overall it was pretty well run and I'm looking forward to watching our SHL draft in a couple months time.

Graded! +3M @JT3. Just a heads up, the above task is Task 7, as Task 6 is writing a deep dive! Stay tuned and you will see the thread for that kick off here!

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 07:50 PM by reid.)

- 8 tasks will be available, each worth $1,000,000 each. If a user completes all 8 tasks they will receive a $1,000,000 bonus for a payout of up to $9,000,000 total.

1. Create an update page

5. Rookie task graphic

7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
Had a great time watching the draft hosted by Halkolol. This was my first SHL/SMJHL streaming experience. It was pretty fun to start off with the marbles, since I haven't seen marbles on stream at all. Overall I expected to be picked pretty late and ended up getting picked by the Newfoundland Berserkers at 50th overall. I was surprised to see the depth in this draft. There seemed to also be a strong amount of prominent recreated players. Detroit having the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th overall picks also really shored up their team with some strong recreate players.

8. Complete the Rookie Survey

6/8 tasks complete
4, 6 remaining

Graded! @lmao +6M! When you go to claim your last two tasks, make sure and create a new post in this thread, and link back to this one!

[Image: A12A5Km.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 07:52 PM by reid.)

Task 4
Task 7
I watched the majority of the entry draft whilst cooking up some grub for the upcoming week. In my mind I would be falling to the 3rd or 4th. An incoming rookie who has openly admitted he has never watched a game of hockey in his life? Sacrilege surely in this league. 
I was half listening to the stream, interested to find out where my friends would go and who the Scarecrows would pick up as they'd been dead nice to me as an incoming FA. 
My ears perked up when I heard Amidships player get picked up by the Vancouver Whalers in round one though there were no surprises there due to his sim league pedigree and the chance to join his irl wife. 
Before I know it the scarecrows are back on the board. The announcer says something that really peaks my interest "I have no idea how to say this name" then proceeds to absolutely nail "Friedensreich Hundertwasser".
Elation, second round. Back to where my career started. Couldn't be happier.

Just the deep dive to go

GRADED! +2M! Almost there @Asked Madden

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac