Create Account

S57 Interested Prospect Thread

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind and how long?  (Every sport matters) Never been in one before, first timer here.. Be gentle Wink

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? We build a close team by winning cups 

3. How active would you be in terms of activity in updating or locker room? (1-10) 7

4. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Alex Formenton speed with Stutzle skill

5. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 2-3 seasons

6. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I'm not good with photoshop 

7. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? More Ws

8. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! I'm a sens fan. we've had nothing to celebrate yet. 

9. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Gaming and hockey card collection as well as cars.

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Nope

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind. You do you I wont judge

12. Where were you when Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed for the last time (hopefully)? I'm not worried about the game

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind and how long?  (Every sport matters)
I'm entering my third season of the PBE. I am on the Sim team there and love broadcasting the games.
2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Gib friends

3. How active would you be in terms of activity in updating or locker room? (1-10)
like an 8 in updating and a 4 in the LR

4. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)
A defensive minded forward with a lot of speed and agility

5. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
Prolly 3 or 4

6. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?
I'm gonna be pretty casual with my media over here. Might try to find a podcast squad

7. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?
Well at first probably a ton of questions, but hopefully with time I can be a helpful member of the team and start answering some of those questions for the newer users!

8. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!
[Image: 1200px-Alex_Ovechkin_2018-05-21.jpg]

9. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
I like gaming, playing AC Valhalla right now. I also like baseball. Amoung us anyone?

10. Anything else you would like us to know?
I plan on keeping the PBE as my primary league so while I don't see updating being a problem I'm not going to stress too hard about money.

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind.
I prefer peperoni but im not gonna tell you how to live your life

12. Where were you when Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed for the last time (hopefully)?
 It's impossible to know where I will be in 52 years.

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020, 08:27 PM by Dewalt27.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind and how long?  (Every sport matters) ISFL for about 1 year (8 or 9 ish seasons)

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Locker room keeps people around, so locker room easily.

3. How active would you be in terms of activity in updating or locker room? (1-10) I'll try to be around when available so a 7 or 8.

4. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) I just want to contribute, but my favorite NHL player was Shane Doan

5. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) However long i am needed. no strong preference

6. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I cant say this will be big right away. But if im having fun i will start to go the extra mile.

7. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? I like to think im a fun person. If theres good conversation ill be around to hang out.

8. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! Here ya go [Image: OIP.6i6AfVfhsFjAyceG8ZIPKwHaEL?w=278&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]

9. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). I enjoy lots of sports mostly Ultimate frisbee and football. I play PC games like EU4 and rocket league. Music i'm all over the map, Country, Punk, Ska, Tswift of course.

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Nothing i can think of, but I'll come back if i think of something. 

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind. Never. Pineapple on pizza is the best.

12. Where were you when Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed for the last time (hopefully)? On discord in ISFL chats

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind and how long? ISFL, PBE, SCFSL, HCL (cricket league)

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Fun times before winning. 

3. How active would you be in terms of activity in updating or locker room? 8 or so. I am that way in all my other LRs anyway. 

4. What sort of player are you aiming to build? I don't know any NHL players. Someone who scores a lot.

5. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? Happy to stay max years.

6. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Probably not a whole heap. I'll do enough to do everything weekly except equipment or whatever the equivalent is here.

7. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Laughter and fun times.

8. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! I know literally zero about hockey except who Wayne Gretzky is.

9. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? Not hockey, but I like a few other sports. Play a bit of DnD also.

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Not really. I won't let a team down. I'll be around, active on discord and get my updates in.

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind. Hawiian with BBQ sauce is my go to.

12. Where were you when Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed for the last time (hopefully)? Don't think I'll even buy this.

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind and how long?  (Every sport matters)
I have not been in any sim leagues before. Yesterday was the first time I had even heard of one.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Close-knit locker room. Winning is fun, but it's a sim league, here for the good times.

3. How active would you be in terms of activity in updating or locker room? (1-10)
I'd probably say a 7. This being so new to me it's hard to say for certain, 7 seems like a good guess though.

Sebastian Aho was the first player that came to mind. A playmaker at heart with severe offensive threat, but lately he's been really improving his defensive game and evolving into a two way forward.

5. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
Not 100% certain yet, but probably would elect for longer around 4 seasons. Want to make sure I can make as much of an impact as possible in the SHL when I move up.

Doing media certainly interests me, graphics as well but less so (very artistically handicapped). Hard for me to commit on saying how many Media posts I could do every week, but definitely want to do some.

Hoping to be a cool dude to chat and chill with, as well as make an impact in the sims.

[Image: cut.png]

9. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
I'm really big into gaming and homebrewing beer. Lately all my freetime has gone to Hades and AC Valhalla, hoping to brew a new batch in the next few weeks.

Nothing coming to mind right now

If you like pineapple on pizza, I'm not sure your mind is capable of the ability of being changed.

12. Where were you when Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed for the last time (hopefully)?
Working. The delays don't bother me too much since I would prefer to play on a PS5, and seeing as how I likely won't be getting one of those anytime soon...
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 02:38 PM by filipscoresberg.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind and how long?  (Every sport matters) I was in Eastside Hockey Manager leagues for 8 years.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Both are important to me. Creating good relationships with teammates is paramount to overcoming obstacles and getting the best out of everyone, however winning a championship is the main goal.

3. How active would you be in terms of activity in updating or locker room? (1-10) 9, I have a lot of free time

4. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) I'd like to be similar to Shane Doan. A guy that plays hard, sticks up for teammates and is responsible on both ends of the rink, with some solid scoring touch mixed in.

5. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 3-4 seasons seems like a good time frame for me. Being newer, I'd like to take the time and enjoy my experience in the SMJHL as well as learn the intricacies of the league and build relationships 

6. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Literally have zero graphic ability, however writing media pieces is something I've always loved in past EHM leagues, especially power ranking type articles.

7. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? I'd like to help keep things light and hopefully be able to provide some leadership to newer players down the road.

8. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! Chara in a bunny costume, I can't post it for some reason but here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/tall/comments/g...up_as_the/

9. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). I enjoy working out and competing in powerlifting. Also ya know hanging out with friends and I play NHL, F1 and Cod.

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Never stick tinfoil in the microwave (a lesson for 9 year old me)

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind. I can't, I'm in the same boat. Hawaiian is a top 3 pizza.

12. Where were you when Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed for the last time (hopefully)? Probably drunk

11-12-2020, 03:05 AMKatth Wrote: Knights  Knights  Knights

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind and how long?  (Every sport matters) Mostly years of simming EAnhl and other titles. Some mobile sims aswell

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Both but being on a good team is higher.

3. How active would you be in terms of activity in updating or locker room? (1-10) 9-10 depending on how much there is to do. Still learning

4. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) a responsible twd that transitions the puck well. 

5. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) along as management thinks I need. I'll move up when they say so.

6. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I'm not much of a creator but I've been doing my written tasks.

7. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? I'm not certain yet but I'm a pretty relaxed and easy going.

Rock and metal, sports games on xbox

You wont regret drafting Rovolio Clocksberg Jr. 

You're a monster

12. Where were you when Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed for the last time (hopefully)? Nobody knows the answer to that question yet.

Knights  Knights  Knights

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind and how long? (Every sport matters)
This one. Long long time.
close knit LR, no doubt.
7?
pass first playmaker. think krecji
Doesn't matter to me. I'll let the SHL team determine that
I'll probably have to do some media when the bank roll gets low.
I try to bridge the gap between old timer and fresh faces
Just think, patrice bergeron overtime celly against toronto game 7 2013.
Fantasy football is pretty fun? I like to hang with my dog & run. And I'll game a fair amount.
Nah, you know me.
You're correct. Pineapple on pizza (especially with pulled pork, for a hawaii flavor is phenomenal)
probably in my house because you know, lockdown.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

I am new to sim leagues
I believe that championships don't come to teams without a close-knit locker room.
I can be extremely active in the locker room, and I will be able to spend at least an hour a day on my player most days.
My player would be extremely offensively minded, and he will be a good passer and shooter, similar to Panarin. His height and weight are equal to that of his namesake Travis Konecny, but my player is less aggressive.
I don't know how my player will develop as I am new to sim leagues. I would expect at least 2 seasons though.
I plan to spend a good amount of time working on media and graphics. I have already made a hockey card of my player and a signature since I joined so I think I am on top of it there, although I am not the best graphic designer lol
I can be a presence in the locker room and I look forward to becoming friends with the members of whichever team I am drafted to.
[Image: gritty-mascot.jpg]
I enjoy gaming, I play the drums, and I like playing any sports with my friends.
That is everything I think.
I like pineapple on pizza

I was in Disbelief

[Image: pub?w=620&h=349]
[Image: pub?w=1816&h=100]
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 02:45 PM by Kierkan.)

This is my first sim league!

Making lasting relationships with the people in the locker room.

A playmaking defensemen who is good in his own zone. (Drew Doughtyish)

As long as I can while I learn and develop my player.

I'm interested in doing media once I start learning more about the league.

A chill, funny dude who is willing to put in the work to develop his player.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

PC gaming, NHL 21 on the xbox and I love the Dragonlance books!

I live pretty close to Kelowna!

Me too bud, me too.

On reddit, laughing

No, none at all.

The latter, having fun while playing is more important than winning.

Probably around 7-8, I'm usually at the computer most of the day (working from home)

Tomas Holmström, don't know how this will sim in the engine though, but the RP was too good to pass up.

I think I will spend a couple of seasons down in the juniors to develop my player to fit the harsher climate of the top league.

I intend to be somewhat active writing some media posts. Analyzing statistics is always fun!

I can be an active part of a room and will try to bring a positive presence to the team. 

[Image: l4U9PIuOzBEwSd_l1uGXqbkF9_8WTCY1AiQ9pAUM...5b3be5a869]

Well, all of the above basically. Statistician by trade so that takes up most of my time as well.

Nothing I can think of.

Nah, you do you. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Don't remember.

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind and how long? (Every sport matters)
Yep, I am over in the ISFL, and in other leagues like SBA for around a year
If you have a close-knit locker room you can win championships
offensive defenseman
3 seasons
I will do both as often as possible
Activity, on discord a lot
soccer favorite sport
no
I do too
probably at home

ISFL, and Super Casual

LR > Winning

6-7

Something like Pavel Bure (I was a bit young but I always loved him on breakaways)

3-4 seasons is fine

Media a bit but probably not graphics

Pretty discord active guy who is always down to goof around and chat

Ove holding the cup

Gaming, NFL

Why would i do that

In my bedroom crying

I've been in ISFL since July. I'm also a GM in the Uno Champions League (shameless plug)

LR > Sim

4ish

I don't know much about hockey, but let's go with Alex Ovechkin. I sure hope he and I play the same position

However long my management thinks I should

At the moment, not much of one. After the holidays, I hope to get going on either/both.

That David S. Pumpkins SNL skit

<insert photo of capitals hoisting the stanley cup here>

I play some instruments, love football, live a mostly boring life 

Why would I want to do that? Pineapple on pizza fuckin slaps

It all started in the year 2076..

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora