Create Account

S57 Carolina Kraken Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020, 08:53 PM by supertardis101.)

1) What is your player's name and position?

Billy Benson - RD

2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused?

Definitely Defense first. I want to be a enforcer defenseman who is always getting big hits and putting myself between the puck and net. 

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player?

I’ve never been IA in this league. This is my second player, but I retired my original player before I got drafted. I didn’t want a team to waste a pick on me when I wasn’t really into it. I have the time to dedicate now and I want to play in the SHL. 

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)

I got it down. I’m in ISFL and the forum is very similar. 

5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord?

I am always on discord. Invite me and I will join. I love discord and I’ll alwa be in there. 

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord?

I am going to be a max earner. I’ll be a 6-7 in discord. 

7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?

Why not both? 

8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? 

No, but I have a lot of experience with ootp and I am planning to get FHM. 

9) Is a hot dog a sandwich?

No

10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews?

I like both of them. No super strong opinions. 

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

Paul Binder - LW two way forward

2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused?
Trying to be as balanced as possible, but for now it's pass first, offensive focused. My primary focus is getting the defensive and physical status up a bit, but once I'm happy with it I will be focusing heavily on the offensive side of things.

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player?
This is my first time.

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)
The video tutorials helped out tons and I think I'm good for now. A little overwhelmed at how in-depth all of this is, but looking forward to it!

I do (CaptianCamel#7799)

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord?
I'd probably say a 7. I do have a fulltime job and a wife, but I'm also on my phone in other Discord servers all the time so there's still plenty of time for me to keep active with everyone.

7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?
Why not both? I definitely am looking for a good team, but let's have fun at the same time  Blush

I have 0 experience with it.

Absolutely not. Just because you can dress it up like a sandwich doesn't make it one.

Legitimately do not have an opinion on Bradshaw, something something football man? Terry Crews seems like a homey though.

1) What is your player's name and position? Ric Charlesworth, Centre
2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused? Offensive focused.
3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? Yes, played other sim leagues.
4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) Nah all good.
5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? Simo#6699
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? 8
7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? Both. But fun times more.
8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? Nope sorry.
9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? No don't be stupid.
10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? Dunno.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 02:00 PM by filipscoresberg.)

1) What is your player's name and position? Ruedi Huber, LW
2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused? Ruedi is a Power Forward that loves to get into the dirty areas and score from in tight. His tendency is to the shoot first, but he is a team player that is looking to round out his two way game. He loves to take the body as well.
3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? It is! loving it so far
4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) I did have some trouble before watching the video, but honestly I'm starting to get the hang of it.
5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? I do, Ruedi Huber#1005
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? 9
7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? They're both important to me. I don't believe you can win a championship without a positive atmosphere amongst teammates however the championship is the end goal.
8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? None sadly
9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? Absolutely not. a hot dog is a wrap, only 1 piece of bread.
10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? Couldn't care less about Bradshaw, Crews is cool though, I do use old spice deodorant and he was solid as Cheese Burger Eddie

Code:
Rovolio Clocksberg Jr. RTWD
Two way with an emphasis on passing and skating.
First time.
Discord has been very helpful
5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? I have it BloodPig#5273
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? 9-10. Depending how much there is to do. Still learning
7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? Both but a good team to play with is probably higher
8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? No
9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? No
10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? I dont know this Bradshaw guy but who doesnt love Terry Cruze.

Thank you for your interest in Rovolio Clocksberg Jr.

Nike Kickz Jr, RW
Pass First Playmaker
Well, I started in like S13? I went inactive in the S40somethings? IDK, I been around since the old old site. Hard to remember but its been a damn long time.
Honestly, no. I need more help with discord than I do with the forums lol
Yeah, I'll use it when I'm on a team.
If I end up on a fun team, 8-10 on both. If my team sucks and everyone else is inactive, I'll probably be quiet and do my player stuff and that's it.
I don't care about winning. I want a good group.
Negative.
I swear to god, if someone asks me this one more time. FOR FUCKS SAKE NO.
Never met a Terry I did like...

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Travis Konecny, LW
My player has high offensive awareness and is offense focused. He will set up teammates when they are open and take the shot when he is open.
This is my first time.
I am getting used to it as I go
Yes
8 but 9 on discord
Being in a close-knit group
No
Is syrup a sauce?
Bradshaw's prediction that the steelers will go undefeated is wrong. I have no beef with Terry Crews.

[Image: pub?w=620&h=349]
[Image: pub?w=1816&h=100]

Richard LaFleur - RD

Playmaking D-man, pass first with a two-way mindset.

This is my first sim league!

I think I've got a decent handle on it right now, but I'm still learning!

Every day!

Gotta be a 10 for sure.

I think one creates the other! Personally, I'm looking for an inviting and friendly group to spend my time with while I learn the ins and outs of the league.

I do not! Definitely an area I'd like to learn more about in order to develop my player.

What even is a sandwich, man?

I had to google who Terry Bradshaw was.... >.> Crews is a literal treasure.

Jörg Fuchs - Right Defense

Two way defenseman

I am a recreate but I went IA really early on my last player so I'm still very new to everything SHL.

I think most help I would need is just knowing what attributes are most important to update, actual site stuff isnt too hard since I've gotten used to ISFL forums.

I use discord, probably too much, Rapideagle#1590

11 on discord, 9 on site

Having a fun and close locker room is always more important to me than actually winning games.

Nada

Only if the bun breaks i

Bradshaw - cool guy, but overrated player being in hall of fame
Crews - sexy man

[Image: giphy.gif]

Player | Update | Twitter

Tomas Lind, LW

An active pylon in front of the oppositions net.

Yes, first time.

Getting there on my own, you previously helped with some relevant links.

Yes, very actively

Forum 7-8, Discord 9

The second, having fun is more important than winning.

No but I have a couple of hours played in FHM5 (and even more in EHM and NHL)

No. Just no. A sandwich requires butter or similar.

They are both named Terry.

Bjørn Jakobsen - LD

Hoping to be an offensive defenseman, believ it’s called quarterback.

Retired and recreated right away so not long

I’m good for now but will ask if I get any questions

Yep!

10 for sure

Both go hand in hand, create a close knit group and you will win a championship

Yep I own the game from doing WJc GMing

Vegetarian smh my head

Whose that?

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 03:31 PM by Rev.)

David S Pumpkins. LW

Power forward. Shoot first, offensive focused, unless you’d like that to change

Yes

I think I’m good right now but I will let you know!

Yes

3 on the site, 5 on discord

LR > Sim results

No

No. It’s a hot dog. A taco if you wanna be creative about it.

Love terry crews. Bradshaw rode the coattails of a historically excellent defense but has a great personality, so it was natural for him to become a giant star. I wouldn’t go so far as to say he doesn’t deserve to be in the HoF, but I think he’s without a doubt one of the weakest QBs in the hall 

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora

1) What is your player's name and position? Daryl Urquhart, LD

2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused? Defensively sound blueliner with a creative streak, likes to make things happen for the forwards.

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? It is my first time 

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) I found the written and video tutorials very helpful, as well as just mooching my way around the site! So I think I’m good, thanks.

5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? I have started a Discord for using for SHL, am quite new to it. urq660#2041

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? 7-8 on site, as much as needed on Discord

7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? I believe that the latter will bring the former. A team working together, with a solid team spirit and ethic is the best way to deliver championships.

8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? I don’t, but have played EHM

9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? Nope, or it would be called a ‘frankfurter sandwich’ or something. Something doesn’t get it’s own name if it already has one!

10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? As a Cardinals fan, I can say Terry Bradshaw is no Kurt Warner..... Terry Crews is pretty damn funny/terrifying 

[Image: A3AlstA.png]