Create Account

S57 Carolina Kraken Interested Prospects Thread

1) What is your player's name and position?
C Dogwood Maple

2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused?
Pass-first playmaking center

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player?
Yes - new create, but I'm active in both PBE and ISFL

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)
I don't think so! I was on the Timber for the playoff run this year and they were very helpful.

5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord?
Yes.  I'm very active on discord across various sim leagues. dogwoodmaple#1747

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord?
I'd say a 10 for sure

7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?
Being part of a close-knit group that has a good time together.  If you don't have a good time with your teammates, you're gonna have a bad time.  Winning is obviously important, but you gotta have a good locker room.

8) Do you have any experience with FHM6?
No

9) Is a hot dog a sandwich?
Of course not. It's an entirely different entity separate from the sandwich category.

10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews?
I could not be more neutral on the two Terries.

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Code:

Gerry Atrick - LW

2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused?

2-way forward, shoot first, mix of offense and defence.

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player?

No, 1 season.

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)

Nah

Yes, Ruihu#7327

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord?

7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?

Why not both? but destroying the falcons would make me happy.

Personally? no, But I know a guy.

No.

Who the fuck is Terry Bradshaw. Terry Crews is an icon and that's the truth, with some cheese on it.

1) What is your player's name and position? Roboute Guilliman - Center 
2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused? Leaning more offensive focused but I am open to shifting things around. (Currently have all my earned tpe banked) I want to be a player that helps fill whatever roll the team needs. 
3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? its been a hot second since I had an active player. last was S53. 
4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) im pretty comfortable on the site. 
5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? Hazack [Luke]#3752 Im on discord daily as its my main communication to many of my friends. 
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? My plan is to try to be close to a 7/8 Definitely active enough to keep my player going strong but I don't know how overly social I can be on discord as im also in grad school 
7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? Close-knit group because a close group often helps lead towards a championship or at least having a good time playing together. 
8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? nope I stopped my last player right at the change to the new Sim. 
9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? or is it a bread wrap? 
10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? im naming my first child Terry.

mew two rw
shoot first offense only
first timer
I've sim leagued before
yes
porque no los dos?
no
taco

the roast of bradshaw was funny, crews is great in B99 although seems weird IRL

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Jonny Tsunami LW
I don't remember, but I'm shoot first, shoot second, shoot third. Offensive Focused
First Timer!
I have experience in Sim Leagues, so it was not that hard to navigate.
Yes, I have discord
Probably a 7
Mind says Winning a championship, heart says close-knit group
None
Nope
Terry Bradshaw that guy on the football show who used to be good
Terry Crews... HILARIOUS!

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

1) What is your player's name and position? Bean Beanman, RD
2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused? Two-way Defender
3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? First time participating but am in a football sim.
4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) - Been meaning to ask if there is rookie tasks or anything I should know about.
5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? SeymourSnatches#8493
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? 10 - I work from home so I am always around.
7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? Can't win a championship without a close-knit group of players.
8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? Negative.
9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? It is a sandwich - the meat is between 2 pieces of bread making it a sandwich.
10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? Terry Crews singing Thousand Miles lives in my head rent free.

Gregory Goode- RD

Definite pass first defenseman. Probably slightly offensively focused, but still strong defensively, but lacking in physicality at the moment.

No, this will be my 4th player. It's probably been a good 20 seasons since I last tried my hand at a player, lasted about 3 seasons until I fell out. This time, with the new engine and everything, seems like I'll be sticking around!

I don't think so, but I won't be shy to ask!

I do on and off. Not as much as many people here, but I'm no stranger to it either.

Site: 8/10- I plan on doing all PTs, ACs, and weekly trainings. Similarly I'm usually fairly active in media (I think I've done 3 articles since creating a month ago), but outside of those areas I don't post much, despite being online multiple times daily.

Discord: 5/10- I'm active when there's conversation, but if I'm dropping in and there isn't anything going on at that moment, I'm more likely to close it out and try later than wait around.

Both are important. In all honesty, probably winning a championship, at least right now. This'll be my 4th player and I've never won a championship in juny's, so I'd really like to do that. Of course a great group of people is super important too, in my experience one certainly feeds into the other, you need both to be successful.

I do not.

I'm not qualified to answer that, nor should I. Some things are best left unknown.

Both could probably kick my ass. Also Terry Crews is a grandfather. That always throws me.

1) What is your player's name and position? Brian Davenport, RW
2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused? Offensive focused, shoot first, a sniper.
3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? 3....days?
4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) Nah im good.
5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? Yes.
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? 9
7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? Both, luckily I got drafted by Buffalo in S47.
8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? No
9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? ITS A TACO
10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? Their both bald and funny.

Fredrik Stefansson - LW

Centered around up and down winging, definitely more on the shoot then pass side; offensive orientated.

First time!

I've been alright as of far, much better then other interfaces I've seen.

I use Discord daily (The Professor#8839)

Championships are cool, but making friends and being around people where I can enjoy myself and they can enjoy my company is definitely more important to me!

Yes, actively in both singeplayer campaigns and online leagues

No, it's a disgrace to call a hot dog a sandwich.

As a semi-fan of the Steelers, it's hard not to like Bradshaw. Pretty cool guy to be surrounded by in Pittsburgh. As for Terry Crews, believe it or not I've actually met him in person at my highschool in Calgary, AB, and it was awesome! Great character, great person in real life, and love the content he's been featured in (personal favorites include Everybody Hates Chris and White Chicks)!

[Image: wimftXZ.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 10:39 AM by DApolloS.)

1) What is your player's name and position? Leon Schweingruber, Center
2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused? Pass first, defensive minded
3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? yes
4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)I'll let you know when I figure out what I'm having trouble with.
5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? I do, DApolloS#5191
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? 6 to 8 depending on IRL things
7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? Why not both. I feel you need a close knit group to be able to have that chemistry needed to win a championship.
8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? I do with FHM 4, But i don't have time to do simming for my team
9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? no
10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? Bradshaw, meh, Crews, Um the best

1) What is your player's name and position? Narboza Manyarms - D

2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused? All good space folks shoot first, though when it comes to the sport of ice hockey I will do either one depending on the way the solar winds blow.

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? Yes.

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) I just don't know what I am doing. I am sure that will change.

5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? I have Discord but don't regularly use it. I could I suppose.

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? Pi

7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? Both of these pale in comparison to the joy I will feel once reunited with my fellow Shardangians.

8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? Do you mean the globular cluster? If so then I have only had interactions with that race once before, and that was before they evolved out of their frozen state, so I do not know what they are like now.

9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? I have yet to experience these foods named sandwiches on your planet yet, so I do not know.

10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? I do not know these politicians. I assume they are being of great note on your planet. I hope to meet them one day.

max müller, lw
i want to get points.
last time i was fully active was about christmas
not new
yes
close-knit group
no
hotdog is a user on the site
i dont know who they are

Nikolaj Boyle LW

Speed is king, breaking foward and making big plays

first

im in ISFL so i understand just ping me if i forget something cause i do be dumb

i do hmu

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discor1d?
8-9

Good times

no im dum

YES IF U DISAGREE DO NOT DRAFT ME. IF SUBWAY SERVES SANDWICHES THEN A HOTDOG IS A SANDWICH

Crews > Bradshaw

1. Jesse Trudeau LW

2. Trudeau is mostly offensively focused with great speed and hands who can still make it back to his own zone to cover any attacker.

3. It's my first time in the shl

4. It is a little rough but think i'm figuring it out.

5. I do use discord it is Outofthetoaster#3915

6. I'll do my best to be on in my free time, 7/10

7. We're gonna have a good time when we win that cup Baby!

8. Nope

9. Why have a hotdog when you can have a burger Wink

10. Making my way downtown..Walking fast, faces pass and  i'm homebound... DUH DHUH DHUH

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]

1) What is your player's name and position? Golden Face - RW
2) What is your player's archetype? Pass first or shoot first and defensive or offensive focused? My player is a Sniper, offensive focused
3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? This is my first SHL player
4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) Site navigation isnt terrible since im familiar with sim leagues
5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? i'm on discord Dewalt27#0979
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in Discord? 7. If theres conversation I'll be around.
7) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? Locker room keeps people around and i love a good LR
8) Do you have any experience with FHM6? no i do not, I probably wont learn either.
9) Is a hot dog a sandwich? Yes.
10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw and Terry Crews? Terry Crews is great. Bradshaw was over rated but he won big games and thats what people care about.