Create Account

The Official Anime Thread

11-18-2020, 10:02 AMDELIRIVM Wrote:
11-18-2020, 09:04 AMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Hmm, most people recommend to start with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, i think its on netflix too.

Death Note is another one that i think mitt be better to start  out with, it's not over the top with magic and stuff, lol. It also isnt overly long so it isnt too much of a comittment. Also on netflix im p sure.

I myself started out with the original Naruto series, i think it's good because it introduces the magic fairly slowly, but might feel a bit outdated today. First episode is epic end got me hooked from the get-go, given it was like 15 years ago or so lol.

There are a bunch of different genres, so it depends what youre interested in really. As a former wow player i watch a lot of isekais right now, which are series where people gets transported to another world that usually works as a video game.

Also, who knew a Volleyball anime could be so epic? I'm watching Haikyu!! Right now and im loving it, would definitely recommend.

I got hooked via Bleach but that was over 10-12 years ago and that series just keeps on going.

Yeah i watched bleach too, i only watched up to the fullbring stuff tho, i gotta watch that before the anime starts up again Smile

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Major is a decent one if you like sports based ones.

As far as sports anime go,I also really enjoyed Ace of Diamond, but I know not everyone enjoys baseball around here.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 11:59 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

[Image: tenor.gif][Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15502098]

Someone recommend me a show that focuses on adult characters without being something grim and depressing

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

i really enjoyed the manga for assassination classroom

didnt really watch the anime

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Before I go to bed every night, I've been reading Munakata Kyouju Ikouroku. A pretty serious and interesting mystery manga, do recommend.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

11-21-2020, 01:28 PMAllegiant Wrote: Someone recommend me a show that focuses on adult characters without being something grim and depressing

The Great British Baking Show

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

11-24-2020, 04:33 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-21-2020, 01:28 PMAllegiant Wrote: Someone recommend me a show that focuses on adult characters without being something grim and depressing

Or the anime counterpart Food Wars

NSFW tho

11-24-2020, 04:33 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

that's a strange sounding anime

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

I just got to the Chimera Ant arc of hxh... wish me luck? I'm not sure what I'm in for other than (a) people say it's great and (b) it may destroy me

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

12-22-2020, 09:09 PMhhh81 Wrote: I just got to the Chimera Ant arc of hxh... wish me luck? I'm not sure what I'm in for other than (a) people say it's great and (b) it may destroy me

Pretty much you'll either love it or hate it, there doesn't seem to be anything in-between lmao. It is a really good arc though IMO. Smile

11-16-2020, 06:23 PMNhamlet Wrote: I remember when I put time into updating my MAL.

I'm not reading through the whole thread to see if someone pointed this out already but doesnt the "M" in "MAL" stand for "My" any ways? Like isn't it kinda redundant to say My My Anime List? Like what the fuck Nhamlet? Like really? Fucking smh my head bro

[Image: izzy.PNG]

12-22-2020, 10:42 PMdmuda11 Wrote:
11-16-2020, 06:23 PMNhamlet Wrote: I remember when I put time into updating my MAL.

I'm not reading through the whole thread to see if someone pointed this out already but doesnt the "M" in "MAL" stand for "My" any ways? Like isn't it kinda redundant to say My My Anime List? Like what the fuck Nhamlet? Like really? Fucking smh my head bro

i guess technically it should be "My MAL list"

Imma just throw in "The King's Avatar". Aweseome anime about eSports. Yes its made in China, its still damn awesome.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle