Create Account

juniors ass

11-19-2020, 10:37 PMGooney Wrote:
11-19-2020, 10:33 PMLime Wrote: YOU'RE JUST A SPOILED LITTLE BRAT. I CANT BELIEVE I CHANTED YOUR NAME DURING A DRAFT.
IM NOT SPOILED
YOU'VE LONG PASSED YOUR EXPIRATION DATE BUB

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

[Image: Wally.png]

[Image: image0.png?width=562&height=677]

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

I would suggest trying some of the closest Norwegian. It's delightful.

11-19-2020, 08:51 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: So, what specifically do you dislike about the J? Could you be more specific with your suggestions, how do you want to see it improved? As it stands, usually the amount of time a member spends in the J depends on how badly their SHL team needs them.

What ACC is saying Gooney is

Why, why, why? What? Why exactly? What, why? Be more constructive with your feedback, please

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Speaking as a Junior GM, I can see where a long Junior career would seem repetitive. However, having 3-4 season careers does a couple of things for the site.

1) Longer J careers mean that as a J GM, I don't have to draft more than 50% of my team each season. For what you're proposing, 2nd season players and some 1st season players are leaving every season. That's more likely to be a larger percentage of my team. That means A) it's more of a crapshoot to do well in the J, B) it's harder to get people invested in what I'm spending time on with building a team and locker room.

2) The J fields rosters of 20 players. Assuming 50% loss in a season, for round numbers, you'd need a field of 120 draftees. We regularly get 70-90 total, and that's not removing the people that create a player and go IA before the draft. Sure, you might be able to pad that out with recreates who've been forced out of the Majors for contract or regression, but I question the actual numbers.

3) For some GMs at the SHL level, it's easier to plan on the roster with a longer pipeline. It gives players more time to think through retirement and Free Agency when there's 2 or 3 seasons from the draft instead of 1 season at most, which also gives their GMs more time to figure out what they'll need. Planning cap is also affected by longer prospect times.

4) Okay, let's just say we went to a 3 season max in the J. Unless the SHL balloons, having a 15-20 season career becomes nearly impossible due to call-up pressure. It just means that there's a constant cycle of replacement of players. If you're replacing 120 players in the J, that means you have to have 120 player spots open in the SHL. The SHL, whose rosters are 17 players. That's about 40% of the league every season. And that's not even considering the cap hell that we'd be looking at. This could be changed by increasing the SHL to 4 lines, or by shrinking the J to 3 lines. However, that's still a lot of player spots to open up.

Ultimately, what's being proposed is great for people who want to create every 3 or 4 seasons anyway. For retention in the league at large, it's a terrible idea. There's no investment in the J, and much like the days of the SHL when J careers were 1-2 seasons, there would be more turnover at the SHL level as well.

If you're like @Gooney and you want a shorter J career, I'd highly recommend talking to your SHL GM and seeing if they'll call you or try to find a team with cap and roster space who can call you up after 2 seasons. It may be a tough sell due to cap issues in the SHL, but it's a more viable solution.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

11-19-2020, 08:45 PMGooney Wrote: juniors is so boring. im so bored. why must i suffer on a junior team for 10 irl months. this is so boring i hate this. boring boring boring.  make it faster to get good. should be much faster. i feel like im bashing my head into a wall. juniors sucks so much shit. its so bad. f

It'll be over soon dude. Most minor leagues suck balls.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

smjhl poopchamp

11-20-2020, 03:22 AMefiug Wrote: smjhl poopchamp

wholesome shl chungus 100

I'm torn on this idea. On one hand it'd be cool to cycle through players and be with your SHL team faster. But then again you're not as connected to a player.

I think there is a lull after your first juniors season but it happens after your first SHL season though too. The problem is that if everyone updates more quickly, being a max earner and someone extremely active becomes less rewarding. I understand that in itself is a problem for casual and semi-active people, because it relegates them to a 3rd line duty in the SHL. But I do like that there has to be put in some effort over an extended amount of time to be good.

Speaking as someone who has flunked out many times on multiple players. I think the longer time it takes to get to the SHL can be rewarding in the end. But it definitely can be pretty stagnant for users not in that sweet spot.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

yes juniors itself is fine I just want to get out of it faster. I tried talking to hallsy but he is an ass

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 09:25 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

11-20-2020, 08:55 AMGooney Wrote: yes juniors itself is fine I just want to get out of it faster. I tried talking to hallsy but he is an ass

Truer words has never been Said Cool

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

For me the only part about 4 junior seasons I didn't enjoy was being 425 capped for two seasons. Spending 9 months in the J, in my opinion, isn't as big of a deal if you're getting better every go 'round.

The last 4 months of those 9 start to drag because you can't make any meaningful changes to your player. I'm nowhere near smart enough to understand all the implications of this stuff-- but maybe something like a 500 cap in your 4th season would help? Then your player would feel stronger every season and you're always getting at least a little bit better.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

11-20-2020, 09:30 AMleviadan Wrote: For me the only part about 4 junior seasons I didn't enjoy was being 425 capped for two seasons. Spending 9 months in the J, in my opinion, isn't as big of a deal if you're getting better every go 'round.

The last 4 months of those 9 start to drag because you can't make any meaningful changes to your player. I'm nowhere near smart enough to understand all the implications of this stuff-- but maybe something like a 500 cap in your 4th season would help? Then your player would feel stronger every season and you're always getting at least a little bit better.
yeah if I was at least improving every season it would be much more enjoyable

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

FOURTH

LINES

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]