Create Account

Hit the Bench with Reporter R: Kelowna's Quadruplets [x2 Draft Media]

Welcome back to another edition of “Hit the Bench” with Reporter R, and I’m your host Reporter R! We have a real treat for you all today, as we get to sit down with the Kelowna 4, better known as "The Quadruplets"! As you all know, we are just days away from the SHL draft and these 4 are looking to get their names called on draft day! Let's go ahead and bring them on out, shall we?

Reporter R: Gentlemen, good to have you all on the show! Most of you are returning to the show, but this is the first time we get to sit down with Brennan Huff. So welcome to the show, Brennan, and welcome back Cian, Robert, and Vlastislav!

Cian: Thanks for having us on, R!

R: Let's start with Malik. You're speculated to go top 5 in the draft. How important to you is it to be one of the very top picks of this entry draft?

Malik: Good to see you again, R! I'm not too concerned about how high I go to be completely honest, but I do feel I've had a pretty decent rookie season and have grown a lot off the ice as well. I seem to have caught the eye of some scouts here and there, so I do appreciate the interest. I hope my skillset, on and off the ice, will serve any team that takes a chance on me quite well!

R: Well I'm sure that any team would be lucky to have a trigger man such as yourself. Now, Robert, you were drafted by the Raptors with the 44th pick and have turned out to be a great offensive asset to your team. Do you think your offensive game would attract more clubs at the SHL level?

Feltersnatch: First of all, thanks for having me on this interview again, it's very nice to see you, R. I am sorry that I couldn't answer your call for the WJC interview, I was stuck at the airport. To answer your question, I think that some teams may be lacking in offensive defenseman due to the fact that well rounded defenseman are so good. I have asked many experienced GM about the possibility of training myself as a speedy rushing defenseman and quite a lot of them were entertained by the idea. I really do hope I find my place in the SHL if not for my purely offensive talent but my somewhat complete two-way game after I have matured in the junior.

R: It definitely makes you a unique weapon to add to a team’s arsenal. Now on to Brennan. This is your first time on the show, and I have to say that we all are thrilled you could make it! How are you approaching the draft after not getting your name called by a SMJHL team?

Huff: Thanks for having me! I've heard of your infamous reputation as a reporter. It's been a challenge of course this season to work hard and climb the rankings after missing the draft. I think I proved my worth playing with the quadruplets, maybe not in statistics, but the chemistry was instinctive playing with McFelter and Malik, I think that really helped to make a name for myself and get noticed by SHL GMs. In retrospect, I think I worked harder this season to be known in the league and make sure my name will be called in the SHL Draft. I'm very thankful for my teammates who helped put me on the map in the upcoming draft. Draft day will be a special day for sure.

R: It certainly will be! And I’m sure you will be drafted, no doubt in my mind. Over to you, Cian. You were also a free agent add by the Knights. Is it important to you to be drafted this time around?

McFelter: Honestly, no it isn’t. I enjoyed being able to sign with whatever team I wanted, as playing with my friends is the most important thing to me. I love playing with these guys, and they help me enjoy this sport so much more. From Malik complaining every shift about not getting the puck to him, to Brennan insisting on poker night 4 times a week, to Robert swearing at the TV in French because they cancelled yet another one of his soap operas. It’s like a family with these guys, and I can’t say enough how much being able to choose to play with them all has made me enjoy my time with the Knights. Add in how great our captain, Teddy Park, has been from day one and it’s been the perfect situation. I hope that whatever team takes me knows that playing with at least one of these guys in the SHL is my main goal.

R: It definitely sounds like you guys have great chemistry, on and off the ice. Let’s continue with that. There was a lot of work done by Kelowna’s management to get you four to play together, from the Feltersnatch trade to the signing of McFelter and Huff in free agency. Do any of you believe that a team could find a way to get you to play with each other again in the SHL?

Malik: I certainly hope so! It'll be quite interesting to see if any teams attempt to keep some, or all hopefully, of us together by drafting us together this upcoming S57 SHL draft. If not, there's always the possibility of playing out our initial contracts with our respective teams and then joining forces again on a team of our choosing. This isn't to say we hold any hard feelings against teams that break us apart, but you never know what'll happen! Regardless of what happens on draft night, we're quite happy with having had the opportunity to come together and fulfil a childhood dream of ours, playing for the Knights this past season. One way or another, we'll all have the opportunity to be drafted and play for outstanding SHL franchises. And don't forget, we're still playing together next season anyways!

McFelter: I am really excited to see what happens at the draft. I look at the draft order and see a couple of ways that it could work for us to even pair up, at the very least. It's such a joy to play with these lads, and like Malik said, it’s a dream for us all to play in the SHL together at some point. Even if it doesn't happen right away, we still have some time with Kelowna and maybe free agency at some point. To win the cup together, tho, is the real prize.

R: Trades and free agency are always ways to bring you four together, for sure! Robert, you were traded from the Raptors around the deadline to the Knights. What was it like being traded and how did the rest of the team welcome you in the locker room?

Feltersnatch: Being traded from the Raptors was very hard because the team was absolutely great. We had a lot of fun and the immersion was incredible. I must say a big thank you for the Colorado Raptor's management team for trading me and understanding the position that I was in. A big thank you as well to the Knights for accepting to make some room for a player like me to get closer to his HD friends and comrades. Both GM's were very professional and quick and understood that this is a game where the priority is fun and enjoyable experience over anything else. That being said, I had the chance to join another locker room full of great teammates with another great management team and I can't be more thrilled about it.

R: Another perfect example of how wonderful the managers in the SMJHL are when it comes to treatment of its players. They really are top class! Brennan, you actually scored more goals this season than Malik did. Do you think teams will look at that and evaluate the two of you the same, or is there one player that's clearly better than the other?

McFelter: Well obviously Brennan is better, he scored more by complaining less!

Malik: Well, if my C would pass to me more....I've made sure to let all the SHL GMs know that my production will definitely rise once I'm playing with a playmaking C that actually passes!

McFelter: Everyone else seemed to score when I passed to them. Must be that twig you're using, eh?

Malik: No, no. My twig works just fine. You just need some more time with the offensive coach, is all. I think you're spending too much time with Teddy Park...he's known for his defensive abilities, I've told you this before. In all seriousness though, I think Brennan and I both have solid finishing ability, which is only going to get better! Will GMs focus on our rookie season production or our potential? We'll see!

R: Seems like there is a lot of brotherly love between the two of you! But I did ask Brennan the question. Brennan?

Huff: Well obviously teams have different needs and they may judge players on certain stats, but we work as a team and on the ice Malik proved he wasn't selfish and set me up to score some goals. Overall, I think Malik is the better player, and he makes players around him better when he's on the ice for sure.

McFelter: See, Malik, THAT's how you act like a good teammate!

Malik: He said I wasn't selfish :slight_smile:

R: Ok, just a couple more questions for you boys. These last two I will ask and you all can take a turn answering. Starting with Robert, it’s draft day. You are sitting with your family and close friends, when your name gets called and you are officially in the SHL. What’s going through your mind and who are you hugging first?

Feltersnatch: Oh wow, that's a great question. How do I even know how I will feel when I get my name called, that would be the first time! In all seriousness, a million things will be going through my mind and my brain is going to be driving a 100 miles an hour. I just hope I won't make a fool of myself! What ever team says my name, I am sure it will be a great experience and I will give my very best to this organization for believing in me.

Huff: I've actually thought about this moment and who will be by my side. I don't come from a sports family, but I'll be sure to hug my parents when I get drafted, they encouraged me with every passion I've had and that means a lot. The way I think I will react is go into "PR" mode, smile and answer interviews, but I'll be sure to celebrate when the cameras are off.

Malik: Both my parents simultaneously! They've both been instrumental in my journey thus far. From taking me to watch some SHL games early in my childhood, helping me learn how to skate, buying me my first hockey stick! My dad's my life-long coach and my mom's been in my corner every step of the way. It’s been a tough journey, but their sacrifices are finally coming to fruition. They were extremely happy to see me go at #16 to the Knights and encouraged me throughout the season even as we were dropping games. Now, it’s time for them to hear my name called at the SHL draft!

McFelter: I have to tell you, R, it’s going to be an emotional moment for sure. It’s been a long road, working hard at this game from an early age. Waking up early with my parents on the weekends to get to tourneys that are hours away. I think that hugging them first is the only right answer. They’ve given me so much, and never asked for anything in return. I love them so very much, and I wouldn’t be here without their love and support. A wave of emotions are coming, for sure. But it’s going to be one of the best moments of my life.

R: Going to be some very special moments ahead of us, for sure! So nice to see such wonderful kids who appreciate their parents. You are one lucky bunch of lads! Now, once you get drafted you will, of course, head back to Kelowna for some extra seasoning. Do you think you will get to the SHL rather quickly, or are you feeling like you are going to be with Kelowna for the next 3 seasons? Cian, let’s start with you.

McFelter: I think I will be with Kelowna for the duration. I’m really enjoying my time there and I’m hoping to go from the young, starry eyed rookie, to the seasoned vet ready to lead the next group to the promised land and show them the way. Plus, the longer I get to play with these jerks (excluding Huff, he’s actually nice) the better because it really is like a giant, dysfunctional family in that locker room. And I’m addicted to it.

Malik: I think I'll be with Kelowna for 2-3 seasons, depending on where I end up and how I progress meanwhile. This isn't something I'm too concerned about to be quite honest. We've got something special brewing in Kelowna and I'm excited to see it through. That Four Star Cup won't elude us for long!

Huff: I think I still have some years in Kelowna, and I'm looking forward to those years. Of course, that will depend on if I can play with the quadruplets, we're building a legacy in the SMJHL and we'll have many years to play in the SHL, I won't lie I'd really love to win in Kelowna with the great team we have there.

Feltersnatch: I guess it all depends of which team I end up with! I would really be called up when both the teams and I are ready for it. In my case, that would mean a couple years of maturing along with the development of both my defensive and offensive skills. But if the team really need me, I will be ready as soon as possible. After all, that's my childhood dream to be playing in the big league and I will follow what the management think is best. Anyhow, I believe I will be a Knight for at least the last 3 or even 4 seasons.

R: Well it seems like, for the immediate future at the very least, you 4 will be playing, and fighting, together in Kelowna! I’ve just gotten word that the 1st overall pick has been traded, so we will head over to draft central to keep you up to date with the upcoming draft! And be sure to check back with us AFTER the draft has finished, as we hope to catch up with these lads again to talk about how their draft experience went, and what they expect from their new parent clubs! Thanks again for tuning in, I’m Reporter R coming to you live from our super secret studio with another edition of “Hit the Bench”! Be good to each other!

2557 Words
25% share between @Roamus @Titan @Jayrome @leafs1997

[Image: GxHbd5R.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
Thnx @Carpy48 for the sig!

HYPE

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

MEGA HYPE

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]