Create Account

Opening Statement from the new SHL Commissioner

Hey everyone!

First of all I want to thank all the owners for giving me this chance to lead this current HO group as the Commissioner! I'm beyond excited to be able to make a difference on this site and promise you all to work as hard as I can to make this site a fun and engaging place to be. I've really and truly appreciated the last couple of seasons getting to work alongside so many of you as the Co-Commissioner and I really look forward to getting to work more with you all in this new role! This is gonna be a bit of a state of the union to update you all with my thoughts and goals for this job, as well as giving you guys updates on the state of things!

The New Co-Commissioner

Firstly, I'd like to extend a big thank you and congratulations to my new Co-Commissioner, @"luketd"! When I took the job it was a no brainer to me that my first choice for Co-Commissioner was Luke, he is one of the hardest working dudes on this site and he has a really great understanding of the league and how it works, as well as being full of fresh ideas to bring to the table. Luke is gonna absolutely excel in this role and I couldn't ask for a better partner to run this league with. Welcome to HO Luke, I know this wasn't an easy decision but I am really glad you decided to take me up on the offer!

SHL Merch Store

This was a project that Teddy, Luke and I have been working on for a while, and Corey brought you all in on it 2 weeks ago. I'm happy to say that the store is in it's final stages of being complete, we just wanna get it organized properly and get the logos on there as high-res as possible. We're aiming to have the store up and running for you all for next week, and I'm gonna be working on bringing some contests to the site following it's announcement for t-shirt designs that we can host on the store! I hope you're all as excited for this idea as I am!

General Concerns

This is just a quick update to let you all know that the general concerns and ideas you have brought up are being discussed and we hope to have an answer for you all soon. This includes, but isn't limited to:

- Active backup goalie relief
- The current goalie logjam in both leagues
- Update Scale reworks to fix how long it takes for players to be competitive

Shl

Thank you all so much for reading and once again for giving me this opportunity. I'm excited to get to work here and I can't wait to see what the future of the SHL looks like.

SHL Commissioner
nour

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

FIRE LUKE WE WANT GOONEY

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

congrats @"luketd"! you're gonna kill it man

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

so refreshing to see an open book comish! keep it up nour

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Hire @Gooney

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

#NourOut

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 10:23 PM by XLeafer.)

betrayed

but congrats luke Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]

#lukeout

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

#lukeout#hiregooney

I love you @nour

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

I would like to say thanks to Nour for letting me get this job. This was a very difficult decision to make, as being manhattan co-gm has been one of my favorite experiences on the site. Everything about it was great. But, a new chapter for me is emerging becoming Co-Commish. I step down from Manhattan Co-GM, and I am ready to begin the new chapter in my SHL Experience

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

CONGRATULATIONS @"luketd"

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Quote:Update Scale reworks to fix how long it takes for players to be competitive.

Dunno about this tbh, increasing TPE doesn't change much, if that's the approach you're thinking. it'll be a short-term fix, but in 2 seasons everyones boosted TPE would just level out and what happens?
the exact same thing, except higher numbers.

Interested to see how you tackle this, if anything changes.

[Image: unknown.png]

Not MY commissioner

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

hire gecko

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e