Create Account

Get rid of Interested Prospects threads
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 04:42 PM by JURT.)

I don't mean get rid of the idea entirely, but the way IP threads are done right now is

1. Redundant and tiresome for new players
  2. Pretty much useless because teams will reach out to the players anyways
Some teams will keep it short to lessen the burden on the new players but then ask questions in further scouting tasks. But in any case, prospects have to answer to the same questions 12 times over.

What I think would be a good alternative is one single IP task, directly in the SMJHL progression subforum. Make a list of every redundant question (if it's in over 6/12 threads this season, it's redundant), or ask every team to submit one/two questions for it, something like that. Then the prospects only have to list their name and Discord, rate their activity, describe their player and whatnot once and teams can ask their other questions on Discord or PM, whatever they feel like.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Ilike

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

11-23-2020, 05:03 PMJNH Wrote: Ilike
Yeahthat

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

please at least make them suck a little less. watching first gens answer four different questions about whether a hot dog is a sandwich or having to participate in "gabe sucks" discourse with two hours on the site is fucking banal

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 05:21 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Hey, so we have some good news! This is something SMJHL HO is currently working on and we hope to implement for next season. We're looking at doing something extremely similar to what you've suggested. We'll be condensing everything to a single thread, and have a combination of the general questions along with 1-2 specific question each GM wants for prospects to answer. Once GM tasks are done and the season is underway we'll start polling GMs about what questions they want to include. We hadn't announced anything yet as we didn't want to add another thing to the GMs' tasks list, but we for sure should be able to get this going for next season!

Edit: And also the TPE will still be given for completion, just in case anyone was worried

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I am open to any good alternative suggestions that people might have for it, but I would like anything that replaces it to be relatively the same effort to complete, only less repetitive and boring to do. Maybe just one single task like you said but a bunch more questions than the average IP thread so its still a decent bit of effort to do, but not repeating yourself a bunch across 12 different threads.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

cleerly you hav not see Andrei's S55 Intterested Prospecs Thred

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

11-23-2020, 05:30 PMClean Andrei Kostitsyn Wrote: cleerly you hav not see Andrei's S55 Intterested Prospecs Thred

I vote for a sponsored Andrei thread every season.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]