Create Account

More turnover in jobs

11-24-2020, 04:37 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
11-24-2020, 04:35 PMMazatt Wrote: Perhaps with turnover, we could also consider limiting the amount of jobs per user? Like if I'm an updater, I wouldn't be able to apply for HO positions without an agreement I'd quit updating in order to take the HO role

Eeh HO+ another job is fine IMO. Having multiple jobs outside of that shouldnt be a thing tho IMO
Totally fair, I was just using my thought now of if I should apply for HO despite having another job.

And to be honest, I think if you're trying to get into HO it should be under the impression you are committing fully to it, and leaving a role for another user to fill. With the limited amount of jobs available, even within HO, I feel like it's wrong of someone like me, with a big bank and a job, to be allowed to take up two of those spots. Maybe the J Intern role could specifically be for someone without a prior job? Lets younger users get their feet in the door.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 04:53 PM by Carpy48.)

11-24-2020, 03:00 PMtrella Wrote:
11-24-2020, 02:58 PMStamkosFan Wrote: Agreed completely, sorry if I gave the wrong impression!
Okay cool. I def agree if people aren’t doing their jobs they should be fired to make room for someone who will actually do it

I agree too here, but it's sometimes difficult to decide what qualifies as "aren't doing their jobs". I prefer to talk to the people and look for individual solutions instead of just kicking them out. However, I'm all in favor of giving jobs to rookies. In fact I created a totally new position last season and gave it to a rookie. Maybe we can do more of that.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

11-24-2020, 04:18 PMJayWhy Wrote:
11-24-2020, 02:53 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: we need an HR department I can complain to
Hello this is HR. Please take a number. Your assigned number is 1,893,642.

We are now serving number 4.
No, we can't give Jakub number minus 7 on his jersey. He'll just have to play the rest of his career with his current number. Next?

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

11-24-2020, 02:53 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: we need an HR department I can complain to
you might be on to something here

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

11-24-2020, 04:35 PMMazatt Wrote: Perhaps with turnover, we could also consider limiting the amount of jobs per user? Like if I'm an updater, I wouldn't be able to apply for HO positions without an agreement I'd quit updating in order to take the HO role

I think a per-person job limit would be an interesting idea

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

11-24-2020, 02:57 PMStamkosFan Wrote: I just notice nobody seems to get fired and also most of the time new players are at a huge disadvantage getting hired, which I don’t agree with at all!
For what it's worth I've fired two different committee members in recent seasons; I just don't make it a huge public display.

There will be a few more jobs opening up on SMJHL Awards here soon, and I always have prioritized newer users where I can (other than the season everyone who applied were more established and I had to hire @Buster and @Toast. We might never get the smells out of the carpet.)

The points are valid, regardless, but I wanted to correct this statement. I also know what this is directed toward, and it's not SMJHL Awards Committee.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

11-24-2020, 07:51 PMbbjygm Wrote:

I think a per-person job limit would be an interesting idea
It might not be perfect but it can serve the same goal as more turnover as more positions are opened up by proxy of 1 per job rule. I wouldn't even make it a rule, more a guideline in case there are no acceptable apps other than someone who has a job they don't want to lose

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

do i get a pension though for being laid off?

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

I’m always open to creating more jobs. Lmk if you have ideas.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

11-24-2020, 08:44 PMBadWolf Wrote: I’m always open to creating more jobs. Lmk if you have ideas.
I think IIHF Awards Committee and more people on site history stuff like career stats, maybe to manually maintain a bojo box would be cool

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

11-24-2020, 09:41 PMStamkosFan Wrote:
11-24-2020, 08:44 PMBadWolf Wrote: I’m always open to creating more jobs. Lmk if you have ideas.
more people on site history stuff like career stats, maybe to manually maintain a bojo box would be cool

I already do that

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Also maybe someone who reviews job performances independently, gives report cards of sorts

HR basically lol

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

I'd be interested in seeing tracking data of what each department typically sees in terms of number of jobs, average length of time, number of applicants per opening etc etc.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

we need a HR departement to HR the HR department tbh.

Allow teams to create more paid management positions than just (co-)GM.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty