Create Account

Jon St Ark Interview (In character Interview)
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:55 PM by Hordle.)

Good Morning! My name is Tom McHordle and I am representing the Hordle Hockey Network! We’re here to bring you some insight to the lives of a professional athlete. Trying to find out how they live and what they’re teams like. Maybe we’ll pick up some scandals. Maybe we’ll uncover some sick twisted cult like stuff? Or maybe this will just be an article that gets left at your dentist's office table in the waiting room. You know the same six magazines that no one ever really reads? Anyway lets get to it!

Today we’re going to be talking to Jon St. Ark who is playing for the Vancouver Whalers. Last season's cup winners! Jon St. Ark was a huge part of that winning team combination. 

Good morning Jon. I would like to take the time now to thank you for giving us the time to interview you. We know you’ve recently been drafted to the New Orleans Specters and we’re proud as a network to get the chance to dive into a deeper look at your career. First off, is there anything that you would like to say to our audience? Anything you want to get off your chest?

"So first things first, I want to thank the New Orleans Specters organization for taking me with the tenth pick in the draft. They traded up to get me, and I won't forget that as I'm putting their jersey on for the first time. I'd also like to thank the Vancouver Whalers organization and my teammates for helping me get this far. However, I want to say that I consider myself a first overall talent. No offense to the nine people who were taken before me, because they are all great players, but I fell to ten because of my position. This league has a lot of goalie talent, but I would be a great option on all those teams. Fortunately New Orleans sees that in me, and I can't be happier suiting up with them when I start my SHL career."

That’s great, many people were expecting you to be the first goalie drafted. Your confidence is to be expected. After all you were one of the most winningest goalies last season. Do you expect much of the same this season? Do you think there will be a lot of new faces on the team? There have been rumors that a lot of the Whalers will be moving on to the SHL this season. 

"Next season is going to be very different, no doubt about that. We're losing a lot of great players to the top leagues as they get called up, but that's the way it goes in the Juniors. Daniil Nikiforov and Name Redacted are two big personal losses for me, as they did a great job mentoring me when I came into the league. Still though, we have a lot of great players still on the squad so I don't see why we can't try and make another Cup run. It also gives me the chance to play more often, which I'm looking forward to. I set the bar with my play last season, now I have to go and surpass it."

I am sure you’re excited for more playing time. Anyone would be. Hopefully you can make the most of it. We’re excited to see what happens next with the Whalers. Now onto the next question. How do you think you’ll handle the transition when it comes along? Many people expect you to play down at least another season. But Vancouver and New Orleans are very different places. Do you except any trouble or does the team have a plan in place to help their new draftees? 

"The New Orleans Specters have some good talent between the pipes. Aleister Cain is a legend and had a pretty good season. Olli Saarinen Jr is also tremendous, so I'm not expecting to be on the permanent call-up list soon. However, with the expanded season, anything could happen. With Vancouver, I hopefully will be taking over as the primary guy in net, but I'm sure the general managers are working out a plan for our second keeper. I'm not in a race to get to the next level, I know my skills will get me there when I'm ready."

Let’s go back to your previous win with the Whalers. How did that feel? Winning the cup as a rookie is every aspiring player's dream. But of course only one team can win it a season. Did you do anything fun during your time with the trophy? Or was it more of a spend time and relish in the moment? Show it off to your dad and mom? It must have been a really big moment for you. 

"When getting drafted by the Whalers I wasn't really sure what to think. They had an okay season the year before I joined in making it to the second round, but I didn't expect the team around me to be so strong and to come out of the gate like we did. We had some tough games and some tough series in the playoffs, but winning the Cup was such a dream. Yeah it's not the Challenge Cup, but it's still hard as hell to win and I take a lot of pride in it. I did take the Cup back to my home town in Innsbruck in Austria to show my family and friends. It was a surreal moment, one I hope to get to repeat with either Vancouver or New Orleans."

Speaking of repeats, Who would you say is your favorite to win the Four Star Cup this season? A lot of teams are looking to build upon what they had last season and a few have even gone for an entirely new route. Of course you’d like to see Vancouver back there but what about your competition. 

"I mean Carolina is always a threat, though losing Blunt Man and few others on their team will probably create some question marks for them. I do think Anchorage or Nevada could finally put together the rest of the pieces and make a deep run, hopefully if they can avoid each other this time. I also think Kelowna and Quebec City could surprise a lot of folks this season. Both had young rosters last season that should be coming into their own, and they might hit their stride at the right time. It's going to be a real battle all season and I'm not sure if a team is going to be able to just sprint out ahead like we did last season."

We’re hoping it’s a close season here. They’re always more fun to report on with plenty going on. Well Mr. Ark, I would once again like to thank you for your time. Is there anything you’d like to say before we sign off?

"I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me! I want to say hello to my mom, my dad, and my brother and go Whalers and Specters!"

Well folks there you have it. Mr. Ark was one of the most talked about prospects before the SHL draft and it makes sense as to why. A steller rookie season topped off with the cup. But that is unfortunately all we have time for tonight! Tune in next time as we try to take a look into another player's life. This is Tom McHordle signing off. Thank you and goodnight! 

Code:
Words=1254. Please split between Hordle (80%) and Arkz (20%)

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Amazing article from two amazing tendies, but your word count is a little off Laughing

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

11-24-2020, 08:33 PMMatteo Wrote: Amazing article from two amazing tendies, but your word count is a little off Laughing
 LOL I forgot to fix it

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:55 PM by Hordle.)

I'm having a rough day

CitadellesCitadelles