Create Account

S57 SMJHL Offseason Time-Waster

So you've now been drafted or signed off free agency, and are beginning in to settle into your new SMJHL home. As the time to finally hit the ice approaches, what is your player most looking forward to about their new city and/or team?

Written option: Talk about what is most exciting to you about the new location you are moving to, whether it's hockey-related or regarding the area itself (25+ words).

Reward
1 TPE for doing the thing.

Only S57 SMJHL Rookies (S58 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday, November 29th at 11:59 PM Eastern

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:15 PM by MrRuihu.)

Kelowna is a freaking beautiful place, I've never been yet but boy am I excited to be out there and play some hockey, check out all the sweet spots to hang and especially eat and drink.
plus it's a lot like eastern canada, which I've been to a few times, so easy to say it's absolutely gorgeous.

Super stoked to be going to Newfoundland. I've never been to the East Coast at all but it looks beautiful, and would love to check out the sights around.

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

I have never been to Carolina, but I heard there are even two of it. If something would be bad, you would not make two of it, so that alone sounds pretty amazing already. Other than that I am excited to learn about the team and seeing that we have an awesome logo and great color scheme. Overall a very exciting process! Also I know from the reliable source called @inverted that Carolina BBQ is best.

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:20 PM by supertardis101.)

Newfoundland fucking rocks. Not only do we get brewskies at any hour of the night, but there are also Subways that are open all night. The other night I got a meatball sub a 3:30 AM. Like what the hell. That is insane. Newfoundland best.

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

While I was only one draft pick away from possibly going back home to Quebec City and the Citadelles, I'm so excited that I get to go to St. Louis, join the Scarecrows and experience a new team for my rookie season.

Code:
42 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

Kelowna is a fantastic city. I've been before and it's always a treat to come back. I'm looking into getting a place out here for the upcoming season! I'm also really excited to start the season. We have an amazing group of guys here. Reading about Newfoundland having Subways open all night, and the prospect of getting a meatball sub at 3:30am in the morning has me a little jealous, if I'm honest.

As an avid surfer, Jonny Tsunami was thrilled to find out he was going to Maine. He knows nothing about the state of Maine, except that it borders the Atlantic Ocean, and therefore should have some decent surf spots. Jonny Tsunami looks to find these beaches in Maine and surf them on his off days.

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

Anchorage is a small town compared to Leipzig, but it's a beautiful place, surrounded by the Chugach Mountains. The snowy weather is amazing as well, never lacking any ice to practice on.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Player | Update | Twitter

Colorado is a great destination, both geographically and as a team. With a huge amount of picks in this draft, including the 6th and 8th overall, they were able to stack-up this year on talent to grow over the next few seasons. It will be exciting to grow with this team in such a stunning location.

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]

As the birthplace of the world's first four-way traffic light, Yan Golff is excited to explore Detroit's stops, go's and all those questionable maybe's in-between.

[Image: dolffs58_gold.png]

Falcons Detroit Falcons: S57 - S59

I have to say, the history that is in a city like Quebec is what is drawing me in. Of course, playing in a hockey hungry city like QC is always a plus. But there is so much history in Quebec that I could spend my off days visiting a museum a day and still not see it all.

Anchorage is a nice little town for the first stop in Bean’s career. It’s definitely not like Toronto, a lot less things going on and 200% more polar bears.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Roboute is stoked to be in Kelowna! And what he's most excited for is going out and trying the food because he will eat just about anything. So first thing he is doing is finding the best burger joint in town.

Ah, the wonderful city of St. Louis! Hunter Sharpe is most excited to step out onto the ice with the friends and family watching at home. It's been a dream of Hunter's since he first began skating at 4 years old to finally end up in the SMJHL! He's hoping to make the family proud!

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows