Create Account

S57 mPT #1 - Offseason Moves

Shoring up the defense by bringing up Axel Foley and signing Eric Vandenberg was a pretty great move by the Edmonton GMs. They clearly know what they are doing and have shored up the blue line for at least this season.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020, 04:01 PM by charlieconway.)

Not to toot my own horn, but the Toronto acquisition of... me... was a pretty good one. I really think that was a great trade, actually, for both sides: Toronto got a top pairing D (albeit overpaying for him) and Winnipeg got a lot of assets that would more align with their young and upcoming stars.

I think the players they picked up in the draft will work out, too. A lot to look forward to for both teams.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Off-season didn't have a lot of surprises. I would say it was decent, but it didn't have a lot of signings, trades or anything else. Stampede signed with Aumy Jr. - that was cool!

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

The Toronto North Stars move to pick up big time defensive star Adam Barron was an outstanding move. An overpayment? Yes. But one that fits this team and core quite well, whilst also getting out of a draft where they weren't super high on anybody.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

The Manhattan Rage made an awesome roster move in calling up [Name Redacted] to their SHL squad this season. While not quite a tandem, the Rage do not have to worry about backup games as they will have 2 1k+ goalies on the squad to handle starts. No off days for the Rage this year.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

No team made a better addition than Atlanta did by drafting Pablo Salvatici at 11 overall.  Pablo is a gifted player who will be a big part of Atlanta's future.  Plus I heard his sister is a camgirl.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

THE CALL UP OR BORK (CHAD) LAZAR WILL MAKE THE DIFFERNECE THIS SEASON FOR HAMILTON. EXPECT THEM TO COMPETE FOR ANOTEHR TITLE ANDA FIHGITNG CHAPMIONSHIP ON TOP OF THAT
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 12:39 AM by bluesfan55.)

New England decided to trade up to first overall in an admittedly weak S57 draft, giving away their S58 1st in the process (personally, I would've kept this pick as S58 looks to be a much stronger class). While it's admirable that they kept the 3 other first rounders they owned in the draft with that trade, giving up a 1st (plus another 1st and a second) for 1oa is a steep price to pay for one player, especially if the Wolfpack miss the playoffs. Yes, Jonathan Granstrom is a good player and max earner, but he's also a center, and with the team boasting 3 top line caliber centers in McShotty, Bruchevski, and van der Heijden, it's hard to see him cracking the roster until one of them is jettisoned or falls hard to regression. The team needed wing help and the Wolfpack did address this by drafting Bas O'Bigbers and Brennan Huff, but the trade up for Granstrom looms large over the Wolfpack, who will need to make big decisions in the future over their center core. New England also took potential steal of the draft Kaapo Kampainen (a center) in a pick similar to that of Leonids Balzams, who will make his SHL debut this season as a steal of a second rounder.

It's also worth noting that the haul of picks Tampa got is similar to the trade value of a 1.7 or 1.8k defenseman by itself. Fantastic asset management by Tampa in this case as the Wolfpack overpaid for their guy in Granstrom, who is indeed a promising prospect (maybe even a top one) but has to live up to the price tag of 1st overall plus was acquired for a buttload of picks. Overall while I thought my team had a good draft the TBB/NEW trade looms large, and if this fails to work out and TBB snags good players with their picks, this'll maybe be a trade NEW regrets. I sure hope that isn't the case but it could happen.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

How about the draft had by the Pride? A team that's been struggling due to the mistakes of the previous regime, they got some great young players who could really help turn the franchise around. Might not make an impact for a few seasons, but they are shaping up to contend when they make the bigs!!

The New England Wolfpack gambled during the S57 draft by trading for the first overall pick to select Jonathan Granstrom, while keeping their two additional first round picks. With the three early selections, the Wolfpack drafted a complete line, two wingers and a centerman and all of them could become top liners in the SHL, which is a good thing for any SHL team if you ask me.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

This off-season, the move that most stands out for me is Toronto acquiring S50 defenseman Adam Barron. This was a quiet blockbuster around the league and the North Stars had to pay up to bring in a 1400 defenseman that fits with their competitive window. It cost the Stars two 1sts, a 2nd, Daniel Kustter, Sarah Burke, and James Kimanje but the chance to shore up a position of need was one that Toronto couldn't afford to pass up.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

The Seattle Argonauts had a sneaky effective offseason. It won't show on the ice this coming season as much, but tig made some smart moves to ensure the future of the team. He retained some of their most important free agents in Bo Kane and captain Cassius Darrow, got a solid (albeit strange) return of a 2nd rounder for the retiring Tig Murphy, and then drafted two high value players out of Colorado in G Yanno Rosejac and D Ren-Ekelmchi Shimizu-Okoli. The Argonauts' prospect pool is shallow at both positions, so both can jump into solid roles a few seasons down the road complementing their new young starter, Thor Odinson, and the veteran blueline of Darrow, Zigzagooney, Skinner, and Kanoff.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

After thinking about it long and hard, I've decided to talk about my own team. Trella and Dwight killed it with all the moves they made during the draft this year. I think they got great value for the first overall pick. Not only were they able to turn one pick into two future first round picks, but one of them is for next season, which is looking to be a great class. From a budget standpoint, they didn't want to take any new prospects in this draft. They were able to trade as many other picks in the draft as possible until they had to pass. A true masterclass in SHL drafting  Barracuda

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

This off-season I personally think that the stlouis scarecrows had the best draft they really did the homework and now you see why they are dominate. They drafted so many good rookies that will have huge Shl careers

I will go and run with the Atlanta Inferno for their signing of free agent defenceman Kirkby. Established veteran who is capable of putting up big numbers offensively while still being able to hold his own in the defensive coverage. This was a great signing for both parties.

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]