Create Account

S57 mPT #1 - Offseason Moves

The trade acquisition of defenseman Adam Barron by Toronto was a solid move to help solidify the North Stars defense. Adam has been a solid and consistent player for many seasons. He is excellent both offensively and defensively on the power play. In the past 4 seasons, he has a combined 16 goals and 25 assists on the power play.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Scoochie Stratton getting called up is huge for the North Stars. They're going to be great moving forward, with a great goaltender and an even greater dude in their locker room.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

The offseason move that surprised me was seeing Bloomey get cut from Edmonton's roster. A solid goalie who was leaving Maine to join the SHL was cut right before he could suit up. New England happily picked up the young goalie.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

New England picking up the first overall pick by trading multiple assets was a big move this offseason. It was both aggressive and slightly risky as although it set them up with a strong prospect to match their upcoming competitive window, it also means that if they hit any unexpected bumps in the road, they may have less assets going forward to buy their way out.

NOLA made some great moves at the draft, taking 3 of the 4 Kelowna "Quadruplets" and selecting Jon St. Ark as well, setting the ground work for a core that could bring playoff success for seasons to come.

[Image: GxHbd5R.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
Thnx @Carpy48 for the sig!

The move that stands out to me is a lot of my Whalers teammates getting called up after we won the Four Star Cup! I hope they all have as much success in the SHL as they did in the SMJHL. That is until I come up to play for the Tampa Bay Barracudas and then I will crush all of them!

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

The Inferno's offseason itself was basically the most genius thing you'll ever see in sports, I mean they kept their franchise cornerstone in Carlos Brown, a young grinder who doesn't do much but he looks good so... Also they drafted Pablo Salvatici, future Hall of Famer for sure

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

Tampa Bay shocked a lot of people with trading away their 1st(1st Overall!) and 2nd round picks this season. However, when you look at their roster and prospect pool, it makes sense. They're right on the cusp of becoming a contender, and wouldn't really have room for other high level earners at this moment. So sticking with what they have, and gaining some more picks later on makes all the sense.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

i tink ther was many grate move everywer in the leeg this off seasson but the one best most gratest move that hav appen is englend resigning Andrei.
Thank

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

Calgary called up Cale Admunsen to the big squad. With the switch to 66 games this will be a huge advantage for the Dragons to have a 1B goaltender to handle the backup games since those are going to play a huge role in the standings for the upcoming season.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 12:09 PM by Jobin.)

While there were a decent amount of moves this offseason, there is one clear, major move that stands out from the rest. Of course I'm talking about @Gooney signing up to be pegged. The team has gotten stronger and the locker room weaker, or maybe the other way around. Enjoy your time there buddy.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Buffalo Stampede shocked their division by acquiring Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr through FA signing. Why is this move the best? Well simply put, Zlatan is a menace on the ice. Buffalo is also home to 3 of the top picks in the S51 draft, Elizabeth Doyle, Nicholas Owens, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr, who are all at 1400+ tpe. Watch out for Buffalo being the toughest competition for the reigning champs, Hamilton Steelhawks.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

the best moves of the offseason were the barracuda turning a first and a seconds in a draft where they didnt plan to pick any players for cap reasons into 2 future firsts and 3 future seconds thats called asset management baby

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I think a franchise and league altering move this offseason was the Los Angeles draft. Bringing in 3 different stud defenseman to help be the future of our blue line with 2 more absolute stars we already had there is going to change the team in the future forever. Those 5 will be the beginning of a long line of dominance for LAPs defense.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

There biggest move this off-season was the Wolfpack trading 2 firsts and a 2nd round pick to Tampa for the first pick in this draft. I have never understood trading multiple high value picks for 1 high value pick as your value diminishes immediately. Granstrom may turn out great, but having the ability to build your team with 3 players is always more enticing than 1.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]