Create Account

S57 PT #1 - Attributes Off The Ice

for ambacas cuddles, defenseman for the up and coming tampa bay barracuda, the most important attribute in his day to day life is, of course, stamina. now, why stamina, you may ask? well, you see, the answer is quite simple. ambacas cuddles has sex with many many attractive individuals, so having a high stamina stat is very important in these instances. if ambacas cuddles is having intercourse with such fine individuals such as @nour and @Gooney then he must have some extremely high stamina! if ambacas cuddles did not have the very high stamina that he does in fact have, then the intercourse he is having would be quite subpar and unfulfilling, and we surely would not want that! so not only can the big, burly, ambacas cuddles spend a lot of time on the ice, logging a ton of minutes for his tampa bay barracuda, but he can also log a ton of minutes in bed! go ambacas go!

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I pick the goalie attribute „Mental Toughness“ here. While it helps a goalie to move on from a bad game and go straight to the next one without thinking too much about it or being frustrated, it can be very useful skill to have in most workplaces as well. If you‘re having a bad day or are in a difficult situation, being mentally tough can help you get through it or at least make it easier. Life can be very stressful at times and most people end up in situations where they have to work under pressure sooner or later. It's a good attribute to have in order to be successful, not only in sport. Additionally Mental Toughness will help everyone and anyone to deal with all the stupitidy that's going on in the outside world a.k.a. "off the ice" every day. Finland they took Mental Toughness to another level and call it sisu.
(154 words)

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

There are a ton of attributes that would be good to have for off ice situations, but I think in today’s day and age of cancel culture and insane sensitivity, I think one of the most important attributes would be Offensive Read. You could use this attribute to be able to figure out if what you’re about to say is offensive to someone (hint: it probably is since everyone is offended by everything), you could even use this to read if someone is an offensive person, and probably best of all, being able to read if what someone is about to say is going to be offensive so you can stop them from saying it.

I think there are a lot of transferrable skills in reading offensive things and being able to stop it before it happens, or reprimand someone for letting it happen. Obviously in a world of super sensitivity, you’re going to have your work cut out for you, but it’ll probably make you feel like a better person and you could tweet about it to let everyone know how good of a person you are!

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

The correct and only answer to the question of which attribute is the best to have off the ice, is balance. Think about how far you can go with good balance in a variety of situations. Balancing your work life and your home life is great for your mental health and wellness. Balancing your emotions helps you not get too high and not get too low which allows you to manage situations better and more efficiently. On a financial side, balancing you finances is huge. Having money set aside for retirement and what not is a great thing to have as well as many people struggle with this aspect of life. Finally, having actual good balance is great as it allows you to do more activities and things of that nature without the fear of falling and injuring yourself which may ruin your career. Balance is the key to life and the key to having a long and good career in the SHL.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Jimmy Nutcluster uses his Balance wisely off the ice.

For balancing on his longboard and skateboard while he's out flipping tricks and cruising! Jimmy has always been a fan of skating, whether it be on the ice, or with wheels, skating holds its place nicely in Jimmy's heart. He began really taking interest in high school, buying his first switchblade longboard right when school ended. He used that free period of time to get used to the board, standing on it, pushing, cruising, even dabbled in a bit of dancing. It became clear that Jimmy had awoken a new passion. After practicing balancing some time on the switchblade, Jimmy bought a trick board. Boy was that different than a longboard. Sharper turns, smaller wheels, lighter feel, Jimmy needed to learn a whole new wave of balancing to tame this board. Practicing on this board opened up a whole new world to jimmy: tricks. Jimmy was going left and right practicing ollies, nollies, kickflips, shuvits, heelflips, all requiring different angles and attention of balance. Jimmy knew this is a passion that was going to stay with him, and balance is right in the center of learning this amazing sport.

200 words

[Image: Zr5MBcp.png]

As a goalie I will be focusing on specific goalie attributes that Cillian Kavanagh utilizes on the ice as well as off the ice in order to get daily tasks done with ease.

Glove: Cillian Kavanagh's glove hands comes in handy all of the time. While young Cillian does not have children, he plays football and baseball with his cousins at family gatherings. His glove hand is always utilized in these sports. Also there is nobody you should want to go shopping with more than Cillian. Throwing house hold food and items at him to be tossed in the carriage as they make their way around the store. I've once seen Cillian catch 2 dozen eggs at the same time with only his glove hand.

Recovery: Cillian loves shopping at expensive stores. Picking out the perfect jewelry for his women is where this skill comes into play the most. At Swarovski when picking out an expensive glass goose for his mother, Cillian began to drop the goose that was handed to him by the store employee but quickly reacted and saved the $20,000 goose from fall on the ground and breaking. Talk about a close call!

Mental Toughness: Every goalie needs to be cool, calm and collected at all times during the game between the pipes. This is no different when spending times with fans! Cillian ensures all fans that come out to signings have the ability to take pictures with him and have him sign all their gear and pictures. Cillian stays during thousands of screaming spectators wanting a picture with the young star and never breaks a smile. He is always the last one there making sure everyone who came to see him had their turn.

Word Count: 288

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

During the off-season Young Logo had to apply his Teps so that he can get better as a player and lead his team to a cup. Some attributes that can help is strength because without strength how else are you supposed to carry all the 30 packs of beer and the liquor inside. It’s a common rule that two trips are for b*tches so one trip will have to do. Also stamina and agility will help a lot on the ice but also off the ice so when your watching the game and have to pee you can make it there and back in a fast time so you won’t have to miss a lot of the game. Screening also helps in real life as it does in hockey for example when your cheating on your girl and she tries going through your phone you need yo react fast and get in front of it so she can’t see your messages between the side pieces.

Well since I am a goalie I am going to choose one of those attributes. I really debated that decision initially because there are so many good options on that list, but have to keep it in house for now. For me, the one attribute I feel I would really benefit from in an off-ice situation is reflexes. I think of real-life events that can cause real harm to someone, and even death, but if you had fantastic reflexes you could narrowly avoid the worst of those events. I like to watch Youtube as much as anyone else does and one of the series of videos that I watch a lot of is near-death, partly because it's exciting and shocking but also because no one dies in it. In a lot of those videos, people live through near-death experiences because they have such fantastic reflexes. I like to think my reflexes are okay but I would benefit greatly from having a higher level of them.

170 words

[Image: p82ugau.png]

With his great speed and stamina, Robert Feltersnatch doesn't have any problem when he is doing half marathon during the summer for his training. He even tried pushing for a full marathon(15 fitness) in the next 2 years but his coach advised him against it. He was bummed out but he understood that the risk of injuries is way greater than the benefit on doing a marathon. Beside, why would 15 fitness be helpful on a team that has many defenseman capable of eating big minutes. Let's give the minutes for the big guys that deserves it for now and wait for our turn in then next seasons. So after he decided to not push for 15 fitness, Robert tried to go for a more defensive and offensive reading abilities. This has looked to be helping him very much in the different parts of his life, from speaking to people and understanding their behavior to knowing what he wants with more confidence.
161 words

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

It has been long documented that Jimmy Slothface is deathly afraid of scary movies, so the FHM stat of bravery would definitely help out old Jimmy off the ice. Especially since his significant other is very into movies, especially horror films, so the bravery would allow Jimmy to watch scary movies without having to stay awake for the next three days due to being too scared to go to sleep. This would probably bleed over to other areas of Jimmy's life as well since life isn't just all about scary movies. He would probably be more confident in taking risks or trying new hobbies away from the hockey rink. Maybe the bravery would even just push Jimmy to do little things like be a little more adventurous cooking in the kitchen too or something. The kid really just does not take risks in his every day life! So a little off ice bravery would go a long way for Jimmy Slothface.

161 words

When it comes to off-ice situations, I really think there a few FHM attributes that would be really great to have. I think that speed would be awesome because who does not like to go fast? Everyone likes to go fast, be fast, drive fast, and obviously a lot of other things that would help in terms of being fast. I think next, shooting accuracy. When you go to the shooting range, who wants to be shooting horribly and not accurate? I think that it will be important to have accuracy in case someone gets into your house, you need to be able to protect yourself and your family, so that is also where fighting comes in. I think fighting will be really fun to be really good at in terms of off the ice since on the ice, I am not really fighting much. It would absolutely be worth it to have all of those attributes as high as possible on and off the ice, of course.

Words: 169

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

I have a number of high-TPE attributes at 16 TPE. With my latest build, these include Getting Open, Passing, Puckhandling, Checking, Balance, and Strength. Some of these are absolutely key in off-ice situations. Getting Open is a necessary attribute when it comes to living in a COVID-19 world. Edward Williams finds himself stuck in the middle of a crowd of people? Getting Open allows him to find the space and make a key decision in staying 6 feet away from anyone else. Getting Open can also be used at the grocery store in finding lanes with no one else in them! I am also a clumsy guy, always dropping things and being an overall klutz. But, with the high balance attribute, I never find myself tripping -- I can always stay on my feet with terrific balance. But I do still make plenty of messes. You would think my puckhandling would improve my dexterity but unfortunately it does not.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 03:11 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Passing: An obvious one, but if you're ever handing things to someone or passing them something from across the room, having a high passing attribute is going to make those attempts much more accurate.

Positioning: Do you ever feel like you're always in the way or in the wrong place at the wrong time? Get that positioning up and you'll find yourself avoiding those situations. Never get in the way again and never be an accident waiting to happen.

Agility: Running late? Need to make it through a crowded room? Agility will help you navigate through with ease. If you find yourself running to make it in time, having the ability to weave through crowds is crucial to being successful in making in on time.

Stamina: This will literally help in almost every situation in life. If you're doing house-work, yard-work, going for a walk, having moments with your partner, playing with your kids, stamina is going to let you keep up. If you find yourself getting tired too fast, work on that stamina and watch how long you can last.

(181 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Anders really likes to do a lot of outdoor activities, mostly hiking and kayaking. A lot of the skills he earned from playing hockey can translate to those activities. The first one would obviously be stamina. This allows Anders to have more endurance in everything he does, which means he can do it for a longer time. He can go on really long hikes or ride a kayak for a long time before he starts to get tired, because of his 15 in stamina. When he goes kayaking, Anders use a lot of arm strength to go as fast as he can. His 16 in strength skill allows him to sign up for race in his hometown where he usually ends in a good position. Some other skills that Anders use quite often are agility and balance, because when hiking is not enough, Anders like to run on trails and since the ground his uneven and changing every step, those skills allow him to move fast without too many problems.

170 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Strength and Stamina are the biggest helpers for Nick on a day-to-day basis. Nick has had to work very hard to maintain his upper and lower body strength, as he begins to exit his physical prime and head down the thorny road of time decline. Nick plays some rugby in the off-season at times as well, to keep in shape, and Strength and Stamina are fundamental parts of a rough n' tough sport like that.

Nick also somehow finds himself running various errands for people at times, like helping his parents move house when his mother Jolene Brain got re-assigned to a different city's branch by her employer. Nick also graciously handles deliveries and transportation of Commander Shepard's excellent and possibly illegal Andromedan coffee, which is delivered in 100 pound burlap sacks. Much Strength and a little bit of Stamina is required to lift that nonsense on a regular basis.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332