Create Account

S57 PT #1 - Attributes Off The Ice
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 08:21 PM by Noah Johns.)

-

Mental toughness is the thing that's getting Alex (and everyone else) through all this pandemic crap, right? I guess all of this fake hockey really takes place in the future but people seem to ignore that and have it be present day. So that means all of our fake hockey players are having to deal with Covid just like the rest of us. So then you have the constant fear and worry knowing that just one errant encounter can mean that you're sick as hell and that you might make other people really sick, too. It's just so much to have to deal with, so having high mental toughness is the thing you want in 2020 for sure. Can you imagine having to have all of that mental toughness to totally kill it on the ice and then also have to power through all of this day to day stuff? Sorry, this is probably a little more real than you were expecting from an SHL PT but with the post-Thanksgiving spike in cases looming, it's been on my mind a lot lately. (182 words.)

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 08:29 PM by Jorec.)

After a long day at the gym or on the ice, a guy needs to decompress and get away from anything related to hockey. A healthy work to life ratio requires it. For Adrik Baranov, that bit of mental health maintenance is video games. Specifically, shooters. Counter Strike, Call of Duty, Doom and Halo to name a few but really he’s played all of the big ones. Sure, his shooting accuracy helps and his stamina lets him game for hours on end but truly the attribute that helps him the most in these games is his offensive read. His ability to predict what his opponent will do in game and get the kill puts him a step ahead of most of the folks he is playing with online. Often he seems to know what the opponent will do before they know themselves, leading to him being accused of being a hacker more often then not but it’s all just from his hard earned attributes he got from playing hockey for most of his life.

174 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

ISFL PT

Studies show that 79% of citizens in the United states of America can be on the hook for an average cost of $450 for a ground ambulance.

Lakkamaa says SCREW that. Save that 450 and buy a PS5!

With 11 speed, 12 strength and 12 stamina, let LAKKAMAA be your ambulance, your taxi OR your uber!

With lakkamaa being a recent, unproven, draftee, his wallet is a bit light, meaning he's available for a cheap reliable service to get YOU to the hospital QUICK. Let these HUGE, BULKING arms and his ABSOLUTE ROCK HARD legs get you where you need to go quick. A getting open score of 13? He can bob and wave through traffic while sprinting full speed, leaving onlooking commuters in AWE. Much like how he leaves opposing skaters in AWE when they get destroyed by this Finnish taxi man. His muscles may be made out of rock, but his hands are soft and his heart is made of gold.

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Humble man that Daniel Laforest is, he will never admit to this but I will, his best on ice attribute that can relate to real life work is definitely his offensive read (16). Why you ask? Well being the business man he is, he deals with constant obstacles and challenges each day brought to him by various contractors wanting to defy business transactions. With this attribute he gets excellent reads on the tasks at hand and can manage them enough to satisfy himself and his new found client.

Another attribute he utilizes in real life matters is his getting open (16), working hard and playing hard each day has a toll on any human being. making them grow an extra layer of skin and become "hard people". But he counters this with his great openness and welcomes anyone who dares get close to him. Open and loving he has gotten married and has a wonderful family to show for. Staying closed and withdrawn is never a great option and I therefore recommend this attribute to all my friends and foes alike!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

We've seen instances of many of the attributes being useful off the ice, one that comes to mind is bravery being shown in the former Ottawa Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki stopping a robbery in Vancouver. For Quebec City Citadelles goalie and Chicago Syndicate prospect Mat Smith though, he takes great pride in his reflexes. A wine glass starts to fall? Smith is there to catch it. The ketchup bottle gets knocked off the table? It's in Smith's hands before it hits the floor. Someone takes a shot on him in Rocket League? What a save! Weirdly though Smith is way better at catching stuff with his glove hand than his blocker hand. Someone throws a ball at his blocker side and instead of catching it, Smith's immediate reaction is to backhand it away as hard as he can. This has resulted in many hand injuries over the years for Smith, and as a result he uses an extra padded blocker.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Off the ice, Sven uses his skills in Screening, Offensive Read, Hitting, and Bravery to be San Francisco’s premier dating app slut boys. Sven uses his Screening skills to expertly assess the profiles of the San Francisco singles and weed out those with sexual repressive attitudes. From there, Sven uses his Hitting skills to deftly type sweet nothings and other pseudo-intellectual pleasantries to his match. Importantly, Sven relies on his Offensive Read skill to read whether his often-racy messages have gone too far and are offensive. The combination of Sven’s Screening and Offensive Read skills here really go hand in hand, and it is easy to see why the synergy of these two skills makes Sven one of the dirtiest dogs in the Bay Area. Sven’s high ratings in the aforementioned skills almost always leave him in a position to go to a strange part of town for an even stranger encounter – not for the faint of heart. Sven’s Bravery pulls it all together and allows him to ignore that pesky little voice in his head.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 12:15 AM by Kyamprac.)

Sarah Burke has pumped a decent amount of TPE into several physical ratings that could come in handy both on and off ice. With points in speed and acceleration, she could not only power-walk but jog or even run past uncomfortable situations like anti-masking protests or something. On a less exciting note, she could probably even catch a bus on time or run in a charity race or marathon for fun. It seems possible her checking skills would come in handy in situations like Black Friday in Vancouver when she's trying to get some sweet deals. A little hip check or nudge could be the difference maker in whether she gets her hands on a new big screen TV or something. Her skills in passing means she also probably has better hand-eye coordination off the ice too, meaning she can play practically any sport that involves passing pretty effectively or throw things pretty accurately at people for reasons.

Code:
158 words

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

Poke check. That's right, poke check as the attribute. I don't have a ton of points in it currently, but enough to probably be superhuman when it comes to my ability to poke things out of people's possession. Here's how this ability and skill would impact me in daily life. Something in your hand that I want to take? Poke, its free for the taking. Self defense and someone threatens me with a knife? Poke, on the ground and now I have a chance to escape. But its not just people that this impacts, it also would apply to anything being held. Grapes on a vine? Poke, poke, poke, all loose and ready for eating. There really isn't anything that can be held that someone with a high enough poke check can't free. So while other people might be picking something like speed, or agility, or strength, I'm picking poke check and you better hope you don't come after me with something in your possession or its getting loose. 

Code:
Word count: 169

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Well I think my offensive read and puck handling and shooting accuracy skills obviously help me out when I'm on the prowl for some girls at the bar. I can read the situation and then maneuver carefully to make my way to the goal. The offensive read gives me a great sense of the social situation going on and my puck handling skills make sure I don't mess up the play. Naturally I surround myself with some solid wingmen who can help get the job done. We wheel in, start talking about how we play for some little hockey team. Slowly over the course of the night the ladies realize it's for a pro team and it piques their interest. After that, there's nothing left to do but to snipe and celly, let's go boys. There's a high success rate with this strategy simply because I can see the play unfold before it happens and I've got the mind and hands to finish it through.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Jonas' highest attribute currently is his stamina and it definitely comes in handy off of the ice. I think that it is an attribute that can be used and has been used in a various number of different situations. It came in handy for Jonas when his car was broken into overnight and he had to run across the city to the first day of training, while carrying his hockey equipment, on the morning of fitness training, and still managed to lead the Berserkers in the beep test. It helped Jonas when he had to swim 17 pool lengths out and back to rescue a childs beach toy that floated off to sea. And most importantly, it always comes in handy when on the evenings Jonas gets lucky and brings a gorgeous newfoundland lady home after a night out hahaha Jonas you sly dog, goddamn. Stamina is definitely a very valuable attribute to excel in off the ice as well as on.

WC: 162

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2020, 01:09 PM by charlieconway.)

Offensive Read: 20
I take offensive read to mean the ability to see what's going to happen in the offensive zone. Keeping track of all players on the ice and knowing the most likely course of action for the person with the puck. So Adam's 20 Offensive Read will be very useful when trying to navigate a busy street on his way to work. Two men holding a glass pane crossing the sidewalk? Adam knows they're coming, and maneuvers past them just before they become a problem. He times the crosswalk perfectly because he was noting the previous timing while dodging those glass-transporters. Someone spills something on the sidewalk, and it would splash onto Adam, but it doesn't, because he saw the lack of attention being paid by the person holding the cup out of the corner of his eye.
And then just when he’s about to step on the bus, someone cuts in front of him rudely. What does he do? Nothing. Because his Aggression is 5, and he’s a pussywillow.

(169 words)

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno