Create Account

S57 PT #1 - Attributes Off The Ice

Since my player is a goalie and he grew up on a farm, I'll be explaining why all the goalie specific stats each have their own benefit for daily life on the farm.

Blocker - A good blocker hand comes in handy (see what I did there) while you are feeding the goats, they can get pretty aggressive and being able to bat them away with your blocker and you can get to and from the feeding trough in one piece.
Glove - A good glove is crucial when you are collecting chicken eggs, sometimes they pop them out so fast you gotta be able to catch them. 
Poke Check - Sheep don't always graze where you want them, but with a good poke check you can herd them wherever you want. 
Rebound - 
Recovery - Sometimes when trying to break a horse they kick you, the better your recovery the quicker you back up breaking that horse. 
Low Shots - Piglets like to run right between your legs when you're trying to catch them, they can't get past you if you are skilled in low shots. 
Reflexes - You need quick reflexes when you're driving the tractor, never know when somethings going to jump out in front of you. 
Skating - Up in the cold white north it can get pretty slick on those fields, sometimes its better to chase cows on skates.
Mental Toughness - The bigger your mental toughness, the longer you can stand in cow shit. 

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Matty Sandeen could benefit off the ice from an increase in mental toughness. While Sandeen has shown he isn't afraid to put the work in to make it to the SHL, getting drafted by Manhattan in with the 13th overall selection in the SHL draft,  Matty's Rage teammates have made it quite clear that they won't make his life easy until he's actually on the team. During a late night hazing event recently, Sandeen was hooded and dragged out of his apartment to endure a night of abuse from his new Manhattan teammates. While the experience wasn't all bad and he even left feeling oddly welcomed, it also taught him to keep his head on the swivel even off the ice. With some important seasons ahead of him and a terrific opportunity to earn a spot on one of the top teams in the SHL Sandeen is in an enviable position. But it's going to take some mental toughness to make the most of that opportunity and be at the top of his game while living with all the distractions that come with living in the Big Apple.

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Well, let's see.  As a centerman I personally think that in my second season, the fundamentals need to be addressed.  Attributes like faceoffs, positioning and skating are definitely on my list of things to train.  As far as defensive contribution, definitely checking, stick checking and defensive read would become the priority afterwards.

Going down to the other end of the rink on offense, this depends all on the archetype.  As someone who likes collecting garbage in front of the net, best educated guess would be getting open.  Even if its in front of the net, getting open for chances is the priority.  I wouldnt need to shoot from far but some shooting range would help in the case of a larger rebound.  Offensive read would surely help with getting open to where I would need to go.  Shot accuracy to bury those chances in the right spot, and maybe some screening to help pucks coming in from point shots could net the team more goals, therefore, more win chances!

[Image: Fsysi9W.png][Image: R6eC8Fu.png]
209 TPE
OTT (S75)
[Image: ApcZMh6.png]
credit: enigmatic
389 TPE
COL (S56-60)

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

I think Jack Klompus reaching 17 in Stamina this off-season means that he would be a very good public speaker. Not like good in the sense that what he says is something that you will remember for the rest of your life but in the sense that he can just keep talking until he meets the quota should the event ever come up. Say a general manager says "Hey Jack, we need you to say 150+ words on what hockey attribute would help you off the ice!" Jack would be the kind of guy that would have no problem doing that in a couple of minutes. 17 Stamina means he could just start saying words without thought and have it kind of work out. It would likely get a laugh out of a couple guys but never be anything too important. The point is though he could go on and on about nothing really to make sure that he's able to keep working on that stamina.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Rude Sniff has a number of strengths that stand out on his player profile. He is as excellent a passer as he is a puck handler. This means he can make a strong first pass or simply opt to carry the puck through the neutral zone himself if that should be his opportunity. While he does have these two strong offensive tools (complimented by his ability to read a play and get open for a pass), he is also strong defensively. His defensive strengths are his ability to position himself intelligently, and read a play from the defensive side very well. He's been likened to Nick Lidstrom but with quicker feet. This brings us to his final strengths. He is a quick player, with strong acceleration, great top speed, and sensational agility. Compliment these with his other excellent physical abilities like his balance, strength, and stamina and he is an all around great player.

Code:
154 words

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

[Image: unknown.png]

Reid really should have spent more time working on his Hitting, Fighting, and Shot Blocking if he had wanted to fight Jake Paul in a boxing match this offseason...

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Johnny Shuffleboard has 14 TPE currently in speed, and it has been there since his creation. This speed helps him off the ice as well from being able to win races as a high schooler, to having to debate between being a hockey player and a sprinter. Speed allows Shuffleboard to be the first to class when he was in school, and more importantly, the first out of class when he was in school. Being able to speed to the bathroom during practice is certainly very important off the ice, and being able to speed while driving, well let's just say Shuffleboard has gotten quite a few handsome tickets. His 13 TPE in getting open however has helped him not get into any crashes so far, hopefully that will continue.
He also has 13 TPE in passing. Shuffleboard is a big helper, he helps everyone he sees. This selflessness translates to the time he spent learning how to pass, a skill meant to help others.
(165 words)

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

I don’t think it’s hard to see how fighting would help me in real life – after all, it never hurts to have a way out of a really tough impasse on a rainy day. I also think that all of the physical attributes – from acceleration to strength – all have obvious roles in day to day life. Need to get to the item of your choice fastest on Black Friday? Speed! Need to lift weights for those gains or to impress someone? Strength’s your attribute. Even though it’s technically a goalie attribute, recovery is widely applicable to just about every field and situation: need to get back up quickly after dodging an attack during a fight? Have you gotten sick and need to go back to work to finish a crucial project? Recovery is just about as valuable as any of the other physical attributes. But I also think Mental Toughness will be the most important attribute of all. If you’re able to weather the worst situations without spiraling downward, you’re doing better than most would. And we could all use some Mental Toughness from the last year.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Whew, lot of options to choose from.  The best of which is shooting rage, but that really isn't applicable in any productive manner off the ice.  So of the inferior and less rage-filled attributes I've gotta go with Park's 14 stamina.  Not only is it his strongest ass et, but it is also one of the more widely applicable.  Park is able to chase down and tire out marathon runners, he can make love for hours without missing a beat, and he's even been filmed doing all of CW in one sitting.  The man's ability to persist and not tire is astounding and on the Kelowna roster is truly second to none, but tied with some.  In the offseason Park likes to job home from practice and doesn't even break a sweat before he finished the 25 mile journey.  Once at a sorority party in college he was able to sleep with every one of the sisters in a single night and STILL made it to morning skate chipper, but admittedly slightly dehydrated.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 07:04 PM by Faelax.)

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

I think it has to be Recovery, off the ice recovery is very important as you always want to be at the top of your game and not feeling fatigued. Not only on the training side, or after hockey games are played. But most importantly after long drinking nights it becomes even more important. Nobody likes a hangover, specially after a bender, or if you have a game the next morning you do not want to be hungover or under the weather. If I could pound a couple of shots, maybe some nutrls, some white claws, which will ultimately lead to having a great night. I would then be able to have a quick 4 hour sleep before waking up and getting ready for game day. Where other players may be hungover or feeling sore I would be able to go out and play at the top of my game, every game. No need for lots of sleep or drink lots of water, because my recovery game will be top notch.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Axel Foley's greatest skills, Checking, Passing, D-read, and Stamina, all contribute to his superhuman like ability to drive in downtown Edmonton, as the downtown areas of many metropolices the team visits as the season drags on. Focusing on Edmonton, that place is a cesspool of the worst drivers you will see. Getting cut off, long waits at traffic lights, it's a whole lot of hell. That's where stamina comes in. To go from North Edmonton to Calgary you have to be able to handle 4+ hours of straight driving, both on the highway for long, uninterrupted periods of bliss, or through the slog of downtown. With 16 stamina, Foley is never tired, and never has to take bathroom breaks. His 2016 Honda CRV with heated steering wheel is able to keep chugging along, this baby gets out of gas before Foley does. It makes those long drives a breeze, even with the intense downtwon driving! Checking and passing are self explanatory. Sitting at 15 each this gives Foley the skills necessary to maneuver around cars and read where they are going to be. He can shoulder check -> pass like it's nothing! While he is lacking in agility and speed, he practically has a 360 degree (Celsius) camera built into his head and is able to zipper merge in the few openings presented in the slog of Edmonton driving. Finally we get to D-read. And fuck if you aren't going downtown with a defensive mind at at least 15, you're fucked. Combined with the ability check, reading the path of the guy on his phone steering with his legs becomes a lot easier. You can even slow down to make room for the gal who devides to merge lanes without signalling, but get this, it's before she starts merging! These skills combined make Axel Foley the best driver Edmonton has ever seen, as well as an ok hockey player.

Code:
327 words

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Cassius Darrow’s off-ice hobbies are no secret: the man loves reading, cooking, and spending time with his family back home in Germany. His on-ice FHM statistics help him with all of these hobbies and more.

Let’s start with the end; when visiting family back in Germany, Darrow’s high Stamina and Positioning equips him well to run run run nonstop with his nephews, Finn and Luca. The little guys are bundles of energy (though the young Luca is only a year and a half old) and Darrow uses his skills at cutting off passing lanes from SHL forwards to control where the little ones run. Darrow is a wonderful uncle, all things considered.

Beyond that, Darrow’s high levels ability reading offensive and defensive situations comes in large part due to his frenetic ability to fly through books. In 2020, Darrow’s goal was to finish 52 books. He’s completed 62 so far with a few weeks to spare! Sometimes it’s almost scary how quickly Cassius can read and how much he retains from those; it’s not uncommon to see Darrow chatting with one of his teammates, an usher, or random person with a love of reading about a book he’s read or reading. Darrow breaks down novels like he breaks down other team’s power play schemes—quickly and efficiently.

As for his cooking interests… I can’t stretch anything far enough to make that work! xD

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]