Create Account

S57 SHL Graphics Tournament: Pro/Am

A Sig of Carp and Cow
[Image: Graphics_s57_1a.png]

It's been a while since the last time we held this type of contest - so it's only fair that the Pro/Am Tournament made its comeback!

If you missed it last time, here is a quick explanation:
This tournament will combine the skills of amateur and professional submitters in a never, okay, once before seen way. Competitors will announce their entry by filling out this google form and posting their verification word as a reply to this thread. In case we will have to move someone into a different group, because of there are either too many pros or too many amateurs, we will contact the respective people individually. If you don't hear anything from us, you are in the group you signed up for.

The theme for the tournament is “Rivalries”.
Each team will put together a signature to submit for judgement, but the signatures’ creation process has some stipulations:

Content
Each sig needs to include two renders of rivaling teams. This can be either SHL or SMJHL teams. If you don't know a team’s biggest rival, just pick one.
The final sig must not exceed 500 pixels in any direction. Everything else about the signature is up to you, be creative Wink.

Creation Process
Step 1: After sign-ups have closed, the amateur will make a partial signature. That includes at least 2 renders (any size, the Pro can resize the file for you later). The amateur can also add a short description message that will be passed on to the Pro, this is optional.
Step 2: The amateur will privately share their file and a short message (optional) with @Ruggsy (Ruggsy#7042 on discord). The file must be a JPG or a PNG. No PSD files from the amateurs!
Step 3: Each professional will be randomly matched with an amateur and receives the file from us to work with.
Step 4: The professional does what he or she sees fit to complete the signature and get the piece tournament-ready.
Step 5: The professionals submit their team’s signature (again, share it with @Ruggsy).
Step 6: Voting commences.

Tournament
A bracket-style tournament will be voted upon by your peers. The voting will occur in the forum. 
Here you can see the bracket from S53.

Prize
The winning team will split $15,000,000 SHL dollars (Pro: $7,500,000, Am: $7,500,000). 
The second place team will split $10,000,000 SHL dollars (Pro: $5,000,000, Am: $5,000,000).
The third place team will split $5,000,000 SHL dollars (Pro: $2,500,000, Am: $2,500,000).

Submissions that do not win prize money are eligible to be submitted for grading and will receive 2x pay (must be marked in the post). If the pay is to be split (amongst professional and amateur) please note that in writing in the post.

FAQ
Am I an amateur or a professional?
You are deemed an amateur if none of your previous signature submissions have been graded as a 4/5 (or 8/10) or if you have a lifetime graphics earnings lower than $10M. Because of the fluid nature of this tournament, there is a possibility that some higher-skilled amateurs are asked to compete as professionals or lower-earning professionals compete as amateurs. The goal is to have equal parts amateur and professional, so some fudging of the numbers may occur early on. We will talk to some people if it's necessary to switch groups.

How can I upload my submission?
There are many popular image hosting services on the internet. Imgur.com is a popular one. You can also message Ruggsy#7042 on discord, and drag your file into the discussion area.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to @Julio Tokolosh, @Ruggsy or @Carpy48 either here or on discord (and join us in the graphics discord if you haven't done so yet).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

havent i been embarrassed enough

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Doorhinge

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

boogers

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

I'm so sorry

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

funfun

[Image: sulov.gif]

notreallyaprofbutihavea4

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

imbigpro

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

verification: hasnt lime been embarrassed enough?

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

I am so sorry for whoever is paired with me

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

GOL

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Verification word:Better be good at swaps bc I'm picky

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER