Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #1 - Season Goals

After a rough and mediocre season with a first round exit alongside the Detroit Falcons and then a short run in WJC, Fredrick Stefansson has set some goals that he wants to accomplish for this upcoming season with his new team, the Maine Timber.

For starters, he wants to achieve at least 10 goals and 10 assists this season. It should help being on the 2nd/3rd line instead of the 4th line. Playing alongside some of the greatest players in the SMJHL gives Fredrick a huge advantage as well.

Training weekly and continuing finishing tasks each week is also something that must be accomplished by Stefansson, in being able to stay as a useful player who can utilize every opportunity that this league gives him.

Another thing is developing into a player that will be drafted within the top 2 rounds of the SHL draft, in staying around the same level player as with in the SMJHL draft that happened.

My last and own wish is brining a cup to Portland this season! It'd be the first since S26, and would be a honor to be on the team that wins the cup. This is more of a wish however then a realistic goal, but I can see it happening for sure.

Word Count: 214

[Image: wimftXZ.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

Personally, Jakobsen has set some goals before the season starts. First off, Bjorn wants to hit 5 points this season. The goal may sound low, but from what he has been seeing, it is hard to get points as a rookie on the third line, and just wants to achieve a small goal, before the season ends. Note: Through the first few games, Bjorn has hit 4 goals already, so maybe its not the most realistic goal, but raising it up to 10 points this season, especially considering their are 66 games I believe this season, makes sense. Also, a personal goal would be to raise his draft stock. As much as it is fun to be the underdog in the story, it always feels good to be recognized and Bjorn knows that, draft stock is big in determining whether he is recognized. Drafted so late in the SMJHL Draft, Jakobsen is hoping for a Second Round Draft Place, sitting somewhere between 25 and 30 for best prospect available.

Growing up in the capital of Canada Jesse Trudeau has always dreamed of playing in the big leagues. After years and years of hard work I have finally made it and can prove to everyone that I deserve to be here, So far this pre/season I have done alright I suppose as a rookie putting up 2 goals and an assist in pre season and scoring my first goal in 4 games. I have a hard road ahead of me from where I want to be but i'm keeping my head up high and taking every game one at a time. My goals for this season is to find my perfect spot in the lineup where I can be the most useful to me and my team. Stats wise i'm hoping to score 10 goals and 15 assists, I know I might be aiming a little high but to make it in the league you have to have confidence in yourself.

Berserkers

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]

As a new signee with the Newfoundland Berserkers, I want to begin and continue my growth as a player in the SMJHL. My current goal is to get to 200 TPE by the end of the season. While I may not be the most active person, I do my l want to continue to grow at a decent pace and become a good Top center in the league. If I can get 5 goals and 5 assists, I will be quite pleased with my progress in my first season. Also if could maybe cutdown on my PIM per game that would be great lol. Luckily I'm on a decent spot on the 3rd line with Newfoundland, so my growth is well monitored and progress can be made a little easier with additional ice time. I also hope to go in the Top 2 Rounds of the SHL Draft when that day comes.

153 words

Ellis McPickle has had a long line of defeats not just in his life, but in his lineage. Some call it the McPickle curse, or some just bad luck. So Ellis' biggest goals for this year are to shake off those heavy burdens that weigh him down and burst through the McPickle curse. He wants to make his hometown Miami proud, since they are not known for producing many hockey players. As far as on the ice, he wants to make an impact, score at least 4 goals and as many assists. He recorded his first career assist a few days back, and also is putting up a solid +/-. Though he has yet to light the lamp, he is well on his way and will hopefully do so soon. As far as personality goes, Ellis wants to clean up his game a bit, he has been referred to as arrogant and cocky, so he would like to shake that off and prove he's a respectable player. Or, he may want to build a reputation for himself as an unforgiving player.
Timber  (182 words)

[Image: s7gD85j.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 03:13 PM by eagle_brand.)

Jimmy Nutcluster has not been the most spectacular player last season, but gosh darn did he try his hardest. First joining in an awkward time, Jimmy was quickly swept up by a team before he had a chance to really work on his hockey skills. No matter! He was going to do his best anyway. Jimmy would lag behind a little, but the next game he would always pick himself back up again. Jimmy had some good games, and a few more not so good games. But this has not set Jimmy aside, nor has it fueled his engines to quit. Quite the opposite! Jimmy is determined to work even harder than he has to really boost up his skills and work on his muscles, specifically those defense muscles. Jimmy's goals are to participate in as many events as he can without getting burnt out, to really milk every chance he will get to improve himself. 

Go Jimmy! you Cluster of a man.

[Image: Zr5MBcp.png]

For Pavel Jeziak, being a top 3 pick in his draft, his goals are to have an impact for the Detroit Falcons right out of the gate. As the management is giving him the chance to do that in a 2nd line right winger role. He hopes for the team to have a good enough season, even though he knows it's still a season or a few away from them being contenders. Personal goals wise, outside of the obvious chance at the rookie of the year award, he's hoping to be a solid productive forward and hit at least 35 points on the season, good for a tad over 0.5 points per game. Goal production wise Pavel would be happy with 10-15 goals. So far he's looking pretty good on that part with 4 assists and 2 goals for a total of 6 points in 8 games played so far with Detroit, if this production continues he might have a shot at beating his goals and winning ROTY.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Kit's goals for the season are pretty simple, especially after a devastating first start in the SMJHL last season with the Raptors. To put it lightly, Kit just hopes to bring his team some success over  the course of S57, whether that's with a big W in net, or just some great morale support on the bench. It won't be hard to improve on the statistical performance Kit had last season (6.18 GAA and 0.767 SV%), so they're not concerned with that aspect of the upcoming season, and would expect to see a big jump in both categories. Winning is always the main goal though, and the Scarecrows are an excellent organization with a great group of players on the team right now, so it should be a lot of fun this season either way. Hopefully Kit can do enough to draw the eye of SHL scouts as well.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

My goals for my rookie season as an member of the Anchorage Armada are pretty high, maybe unrealistically high but I want to hold myself to a high standard. Only being a rookie it's going to be hard but I definitely want to end the season with a positive plus/minus, in my nine games last season as a Scarecrow DFA I was par with a 0 +/-. While most of my attributes right now skew offensively my goal is to be a two way player so improving on that end of the ice is another goal of mine. I would like to start aiming at 13 for some ratings like checking, positioning, and defensive read. Less tangible goals for this season would be to just have fun with my teammates. Trying to be active in SHL after a failed player I think the last goal is probably the most important, sim success isn't as crucial to me as long as the Armada stick together and have fun its a great season in my books.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Player | Update | Twitter