Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #1 - Season Goals

Mew Two joined this league with one goal: to score on goalie Jon St. Ark of the Vancouver Whalers. You see, in an alternate dot football based universe, Jon St. Ark played on the same developmental team as Mew Two's football alter ego. There was great camaraderie between them, but Mew Two is very competitive, and what better way to get one up on your friend than by scoring a goal on them. Mew Two plans on scoring this goal by max earning and putting as much TPE into shooting and offensive attributes as his GMs, Evok and Faelex, will allow. Apparently you still have to "play defense" in hockey or some nonsense, so unfortunately some TPE will be wasted there. 
All things considered, Mew Two is currently a fourth liner and has a lot of work to do before he can get a promotion to a higher line, and receive the additional playtime that comes from being a better player. 

Code:
161 words

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

My guy Neal Turner is a playmaker. So far, in 4 games, he's got 1 assist. Which isn't bad? But I mean, it can be better! I really want to improve my shot and passing because according to stats atleast, I've seen to get some good shots off, but they can never find the back of the net. So I would really wanna improve on my shot. And I also would love to improve on my passing so I can get those quick releases. I also wanna improve on my defense so I can take possession of the puck and move across the ice possibly setting up something. I really wanna reach 10 points this season as I've been told thats the average amount of points a rookie gets. I also gotta get some more TPE haha, I'm at 6 TPE, but that will improve, I hope atleast. Anyway, those are my goals.

153 Words

“Only Dunlop has seen more rubber than I have”

-Dominik Hasek

With only a few games under my belt last season with the Whalers I think this season is all about getting my bearings and not looking out of place. If I could finish this season contributing occasionally and not being a liability to the Falcons I would be quite content. My biggest goal is not to hurt my team defensively, that is absolutely the priority right now. I am hopeful that moving forward into next season I will be able to contribute more at both ends, but for this one I just want to hold my own against the competition. Stats wise I'd be happy to walk away from this season with 25 points in 66 games, I don't really have a goal on hits or shot blocks, those are really hard to predict this early on, but I would love to finish the season at least even on plus/minus.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I'm coming into the league as an unheralded rookie. At first, my goal was just not to completely suck. For now, my goal as a defenseman is to be solid on both ends of the ice. I may not be able to provide much input on offense right now, but my goal is definitely to improve in that area over the course of the season. Putting up some goals and assists would definitely be nice. For that, I'd like to improve my stats on getting open, offensive read, and positioning. My goal is also to advance beyond the third pairing and eat some serious minutes for my team. I also want to focus on improving my giveaway to takeaway ratio. Doing all of this will help me achieve one of my main goals, which is to be drafted higher to the SHL than my SMJHL draft position. It's a must goal since I was only drafted 50th and I'm hoping that I can beat that by a fair amount.

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

Finn von Murphenstein sadly didn't see any ice time last season as a DFA with the St Lois Scarecrows. So my main goal for this season is to see a lot of ice time, and get some experience with it. Generally I strive to be second line in my first season, even if I may not be good enough for it at first I want to train and earn well to get my place there by the playoffs at least. Next to that I want to build on what I have started doing so, building a very balanced rushing defenceman who can hold his ground in the defense while taking the puck forward where it makes sense and profit off of breakaways and score some goals. My expectations with my current TPE levels aren't too high. I don't think I will break any records, tear the league apart with what I am doing, but I don't want to be the worst rookie in existence either. I just want to have a great baseline season and help my team where I can. If that means I will only score 5 goals but be meaningful defensive-wise that is totally fine for me if it helps our record and the team to continue on a good path.

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 04:16 PM by CaptainCamel.)

Paul Binder has certainly had a rough preseason. So far throughout the first 5 games of preseason, he's netted a single goal, 0 assists, and sits at a -8 on the +/-. The team overall is 2-3-0 which leaves some definite room for improvement. The lines are certainly speaking to this as the coach did mainly want to put rookies up front to expose them to the game. I think once the regular season starts and we get more solidified lines, things might start to even out a bit. The goals for Paul Binder this season are as follows:

15 goals (at least 10, shooting for 15)
40 points (at least 30, shooting for 40)
+10 on the +/- (anything positive I'll take, negative is unacceptable)

This being his rookie year, it'll be tough and I will be shocked if he can land all three of these, but goals are supposed to be a challenge!

Wordcount: 158

[Image: Screenshot_2024-01-31_214614.png?ex=65ce...y=lossless]

It’s hard to really put together goals having only been in the league for about a week now, but if I had to choose one based on stats, I would really like to get at least 5 goals/assists on the season. It may be a low goal to achieve, but I am a defender in my rookie season on the 3rd line, so I think that would be a meaningful contribution. I’d also like to remain on the positive side of the +/- because as a defender, that’s a very important stat for me to make. Last stat goal would be to maintain an average of 65 on the player rating throughout the year. I was told that 50 was an average game, so I’d like to be slightly above average on my overall performance. As a user goal, I would like to get capped at 350 before the start of next season. I started later than most of the creates this season, so I’m a little behind the 8 ball, but I think it should still be doable if I complete all the TPE tasks.
Code:
186 Words

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Athanasios is coming into the SMJHL with a fresh sheet of ice, figuratively. The speedy sniper looks to tear up the ice in a new league after crossing the pond from Greece to play in [wherever the fuck this league is based in]. While the offensively minded winger has no questions that his offensive game will translate over to the new league, he understands that to succeed, his defensive skills must also improve. While he's confident he can tally up goals in a box score, the wins can only come from sound defensive play as well. For this, he sought the SHL, and the SMJHL to diversify his talents and become an all-around player. Offensively, he hopes to put up at least 30 points, with at least 15 goals. Defensively, he'd like to ensure a positive +/-, despite knowing that +/- is an utterly useless defensive stat but for some reason, is still considered loosely to be some kind of performance measure of defensive ability. Throw in perhaps 0.5 SB per game, and he'd be pleased.
178 Words

FH the exciting rookie right winger coming out of Austria is raring to go this upcoming season and is looking forward to improving on his pitiful free agency showing at the tail end of S56.
What is FH looking to improve on? More goals! What's the chief job of a forward? To score goals! FH scored 0 last season, that benchmark should be fairly easy to beat.
More hits and tackles! FH knows that it isn't all about scoring the goals. It's also about stopping the other team from scoring goals. Primarily through violent acts and relieving them of the puck.
Most importantly this season FH wants to lead the S57 class in assists. FH is a giver rather than a receiver. He wants to break the rookie record for assists helping his scarecrows dominate on the ice.
Finally FH wants to become the newest contestant on his teammate Greg Davies program Taskmaster. He feels he could bring great hilarity to the show and is trying to befriend Greg to make it happen.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

While many of my mating members on the team have told me through their meaty mouth flapping that they feel wiggling sensations in their stomachs when they think of scoring goals, or mating with other members of the team, I am more excited about other things this season.

The first goal I have this season is to begin my work on developing the perfect ice skating hockey player. It appears that humans have not yet learned how to stitch together different organisms to create superorganisms, and this is an area that I have a lot of experience in.  So, beginning now, I will start to study and research all of the players in both the SMJHL, and the SHL, so that I can slowly, but methodically harvest parts of certain individuals to create the league's perfect player.  Already there are several great candidates who have displayed certain attributes that would fuse nicely with other DNA to make a fantastic superplayer. This will be a wonderful time of research!

The second goal I have involves the act of bodychecking.  It has come to my attention from my mating partners that I am not allowed to tear the limbs off of the other slaves in order to defend against them shooting the vulcanized rubber chunk into the netting.  While this is deeply disappointing, I have pivoted towards finding other ways to defend the netting.  I have been doing a great deal of research into how to get up to the optimal destructive speed on the ice to cause the most damage possible to other players.  I began testing out some of my research on my mating partners in Vancouver, but was told by the team trainer that I was causing damage.  I have switched my research to clones that I have developed in the lab on my ship, and have made considerable progress.  I look forward to testing out some of my theories in the upcoming games.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 06:56 PM by JT3.)

Noel Blanchet doesn't really have too many focused goals coming into his first SMJHL season. So far he has been set up fairly well rounded as he wants to be able to contribute at both ends of the ice early on. Over the course of the season one of Noel's major goals will be to develop his offense a bit as Blanchet is already an okay skater, strong physically and decent defensively. As his offensive game develops we will see the points start to come along with it near the end of the season.

Outside of individual goals, another goal of Blanchet is to do what he can to help the Colorado Raptors move forward and build towards an eventual SMJHL Championship. Colorado is coming into this season with a lot of young players on the squad mixed with a few key vets, so Noel feels that it's important to be a strong presence in the locker room, keeping the other rookies focused, engaged, and working hard through the dog days of the season.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Quote:What are some goals you have for yourself or your player in this upcoming season? Must include 150 words and some stats, attributes or even something more personality related.

My player coming into this season has one goal, that is to win it all. Quebec is in a good position to challenge for both the President's Cup and the Four Star Cup and that is of course their top priority. Second but just as important is a good showing for SHL scouts. You only have one chance to make a good first impression and five games into the pre-season, an assist and positive plus/minus is a good way to put your name on the scouts lips. I would also like to win an award of some kind, I would wager best rookie is out unless I somehow become a god amongst the men and women of the J. But, I like to dream big. So yeah, lets add that to the goal list. Also, I want to score 20 goals this season. So add that there too. Also, maybe playoff MVP. Lots of lofty goals, but I think I could get it done.

Roboute Guilliman is looking to really grow and learn from the veteran players this year. He knows he is new blood and wants to grow into a player that can fill the shoes of those who came before him. He didn't start of the pre season with the best stats but also has shown hes not a liability in any means. He has been able to get some shots off and out of the small number of faceoffs he has been able to keep a 50% win percentage. I think Guilliman will definitely want to keep keep working on his faceoffs but also just start working to get all of his stats up as a whole. His goal is to be the most reliable player he can be giving his experience. And as he works on his training and learning from the veteran players this reliability will come with time. So this first season isnt about big flashy plays for Guilliman its about his overall growth as a player.

[Image: 63526_s.gif]
[Image: pxjucze.png]          [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: wW0VNnL.png]         [Image: vjZu62e.png]

My goal is to make a major contribution on both sides of the puck as a rookie. I'm pretty firmly entrenched as the team's 3rd line centre so I likely won't be able to produce rookie of the year level output on the offensive side, but my physical build and willingness to play a defensive role if needed may allow me to be a considerable two way threat as the team develops. I expect to be a leader in hits and will hopefully play a part in the team's penalty kill units, allowing me to use my size and tenacity to contribute even when I'm not scoring goals. I think 15 points is a reasonable goal, 20 is likely a bit of a stretch for my role but would certainly be welcome. I would love to see myself as one of the league leaders in hits and put up a 50% or higher rate in the faceoff circle, providing my team with utility while I develop into the massive powerforward that can explode offensively

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

It's been Hunter's dream since he was 4 years old to finally end up in the SMJHL, and it's become a reality. In his past 5 games that he's played, he's come to realize that the hard work he needs to put in begins now. Hunter, before he stepped foot on the fresh St. Louis ice, had already developed a few loose-leaf goals that he was looking to accomplish in his rookie season. One of those was quite ambitious, and his family practically chuckled when he told them about his high hopes. He's looking to put forward around 20 points this season with most of them consisting of assists - complimenting his playmaker playstyle. He knew that this was ambitious, but he was ready to take on the challenge. Another goal he had for himself was to build chemistry with his linemates and end the season with a positive +-. Although Hunter has been enjoying his time on the ice for the preseason, he now finds himself nervous about the upcoming regular season. With 5 games played, he has only managed to put up an assist on the board, a few face-off wins, and some hits. Beginning his season - most likely - on the fourth line means that he will have to make every single one of his limited shifts count if he's looking to achieve his goals. Will Sharpie live up to his dream agenda? Only time will tell...

246 words

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows