Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #1 - Season Goals

PBE PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

In a rookie season, one of the biggest goals you can have is to contribute. In the SMJHL there are a number of really talented players on every roster and being a first year junior it can be tough to make a name for yourself among those established players. This season, my biggest goal is to contribute to a winning team. Newfoundland has a really great group of veterans and those guys go the extra mile to coach us up and show us how to be professionals.

I want to provide scoring chances for my line mates. It would be really great to notch 20+ assists and carry a face off percentage above 55%. The coaches have asked me to shift from winger to center in order to give the team some more depth down the middle. A goal of mine is to succeed in that role and allow our team to have a better season because of my commitment to doing whatever I can to contribute. I look forward to regular season action coming up very soon.

Words: 178

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

PBE

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]

My goals for myself as user this season is to learn about the simulation engine and build the attributes that I need to make my player better for the next level.  With wanting my player to be a strong two way player that can play and contribute in all situations, I will probably need to work on more attributes than the normal user and I want to make sure I understand them all and how they interact with each other.

As for my player, I figure I will be on the 3rd or 4th line, so I am going to keep my expectations low for this season.  I would like to hit 10 goals on the season and 10 assists for a total of 20 points.  I would like to keep my penalty minutes to 20 and below on the season and be at least a +8 to +10 on the season.  I doubt I will get much power play or penalty killing time, but I would at least like to a have 1-2 game winning goals on the season too.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 12:02 AM by supertardis101.)

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

My goal for the season is for Bean Beanman to have a positive plus/minus rating. It is something simple that can be achieved for a rookie. I think being on Anchorage will make that easily possible even if Gabe is setting the lines for the games.  Through the first few pre-season games I have been able to keep positive which seems like this goal is the perfect first season goal for the Bean. Eventually the goal will be making Bean the Official Bean of Canada and become sponsored by Bean corp. But that is down the line when Bean becomes a superstar, replaces game as GM while still playing games. That is how good Bean will be. The crowds will be chanting THAT IS SOME GOOD BEANS! Then eventually I will get a hattrick and instead of hats being thrown on the ice it will open cans of beans. Some may say this is impossible, but I beg to differ.

160 words

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Going into his first professional season, I will be angling for team performance over personal goals. To me, it's more about developing chemistry with my line partner, Murphenstein, controlling the defensive zone, and strangling opposing chances. To that end, I'd like to compete for most blocked shots and most hits this season. I'd also find it kind of fun to get involved in a few fights (and hopefully win them, too). Ultimately, I want to make sure Carolina wins games, so stats don't mean too much to me. As long as I can perform well enough to keep the Kraken competitive, I'll be happy. The biggest issue we'll run into is our line being pretty new, but given that both of us are quite active and some of the top earners in the class, we should quickly shore up our line and be able to make a solid impact for Carolina. If we can limp through the first part of the season, we will be much better and close out the season with a bang.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora

It is said that the blood of the Dolff family is made not only of dragon blood, but also bits of rubber. This has created generations and generations of elastic and skilled athletes who know no bounds. Yan Dolff is molded the same way. Since birth, Yan has excelled in high altitude winter sports and only recently found his calling on the ice. Even his brothers and sisters marvel at what Yan has been able to accomplish behind closed doors. No one has been able to clearly identify the family origins or much about his athletic past, but it is clear that when Yan steps on the ice, he has an eye for the net. It is said that Yan skates like the breeze and shoots like a torpedo. This season, Yan would love to fire in at least 10 goals and 10 assists, while getting a nod for the all rookie team.

153 words

[Image: dolffs58_gold.png]

Falcons Detroit Falcons: S57 - S59

I’m excited to kick off my SMJHL Career. This preseason I’ve shown my scoring ability and my ability to make plays, but my overall goal is to be more than that. I want to develop into an all around player on the ice. I would like to work on my ability to set up my teammates with more assist and help make sure my line is not a liability on defense. My plan is to continue to increase points in my passing abilities to find open teammates. I’ll try to have at least 1 assist for every 2 goals. On defense the stats may not always show up but I’d like to see an overall positive +/- score when I’m on the ice which will show we that we are allowing the other team to get into games. If I can make these improvements I’ll make my way to the SHL where I will be ready to meet my old enemy Michael Scarn!

Ruedi Huber could not be more excited for his first season in thee SMJHL. After a positive training camp and preseason for not only himself and the team, his goal is to continue to be a reliable player on both sides of the puck. Defensively, Ruedi aims to be a plus player by the end of the season. As a stretch goal, heis ideal statline will read more takeaways than giveaways by season's end, but in such a competitive league, it will be a difficult task until he gets more experience under his belt. 

Offensively, Ruedi Huber is aiming for at least 8 goals and 15 points. He will be more focused on the defensive side of the puck playing with more defensive minded players, but know he can chip in offensively when needed. He also wants to show the league his physicality, aiming to throw close to a hit per game, aiming for around the 40-50 hit mark. Overall, Ruedi is excited for the opportunity and he knows he will make the most of it. 

178 words

Goals? I’ll tell you about goals, pal! Hailing from the other frozen north (Scotland, rather than Canada) makes the idea of playing in the prestigious SHL seem far out of reach. But here I am, eligible for the SMJHL, looking at the possibility of being just a step away from my dream!
Having moved across the Atlantic to pursue my dream, my main goal is to get myself on a roster. My visa took longer than expected to come through, paperwork be damned, which has left me trying to find a free space on a team just as pre season is ending, an unenviable position for a rookie. I have had contact from a couple of teams, hopefully this can turn into an offer and some game time this SMJHL season! After that, the sky is the limit!
Alba gu bràth

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

As this is my first season as a player in any sim league I’d like to focus on feeling out the league and getting to know some of the GMs and other Star players. I definitely plan on making a name for myself so one of the main focuses of course will be to pull in as much TPE as possible. This may prove difficult considering I had a later start than many of the others in my draft class, however I plan on putting in the work and pulling in the points!

Speaking of points, as I am currently on the 3rd line, I think setting myself up for a modest goal of 20 points this season seems realistic but also just challenging enough. I feel like I showed my team that I wasn’t just another pick in the pre season and I plan on continuing to prove that as the season progresses!

After Noah Johns III's Rookie Season..he put up 20 points. He thought he could of done WAY better but sadly did not that year. This year he hopes to put up around 15 goals and 10 assists as he has been working hard all offseason to make it possible. His team may help him out too as Nevada is in his eyes primed to have the best season it's ever had! It would also look good if he could do better than his dad who kind of fell off after his rookie season, aka Noah Johns II. His dad gave him some pointers so maybe that should help him. His teammates are very encouraging too. Well now only time will tell if Noah Johns III is ready for his Sophmore season in the SMJHL as he tries to be the first in the family to get into the SHL..it does look promising.

Tomas doesn't want to let the GM down for giving him the opportunity to play on the second line. It will take some getting used to the new ice surface and the quicker pace of both Tomas's teammates and the opponents, but he is determined to make good of this chance in the SMJHL. Tomas intends to develop his strengths as a distraction to the other team and give his teammates some open spaces, if he could be on the ice for at least 30 goals for this season it would really indicate he is here to stay. Any goals from his own stick is just an added bonus, but it would be great if he could put at least 5 goals behind the opposing goalie. Being able to play some games in Detroit where his childhood idol played is also going to be an experience not to be forgotten, hopefully Tomas will rise to the occasion and bring some more effort to those games.

Code:
Words: 167