Create Account

(Graded) Deep Dive #1 - Motorcity On The Rise
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 08:56 AM by Leppish.)

Last season was not a good one for the Detroit Falcons, they actually managed to finish the season with less points than in S55 where they had only managed 15 wins. In S56 they finished with 13 wins, the worst in the league, but you know what they say about being at the bottom? There's only one direction you can go. Detroit made a number of moves this offseason acquiring the 3rd and 4th overall selections in the S57 entry draft. Having lost the lottery their own pick moved from 1st to 2nd overall. These 3 selections ended up being Luc Blouin, Pavel Jeziak, and Kermit Murphy, three very sought after players. All 3 players are developing well and should come out as three of the best players of this draft class. When you add three quality players to a lineup that already includes some really strong players in Wen Baters, Evangelos Giannopoulos, Yngve Simonsson, Anton Mihailov, Daedalus James, Mikhail Borisnoff, and Jonathan Granstrom, you are bound to see some success. By my prediction I would expect to see a raise in the number of wins Detroit has to finish the season this year. They may not lead the league but they should be somewhere around the middle of the pack. After a couple years of disappointment I think the fan base is ready to be excited for a new year and some new faces. In pre-season Detroit started out decently, beating Anaheim and Nevada, but they ended pre-season with 3 losses where the team was only able to manage a single goal. Anton Mihailov and Yngve Simonsson managed 4 points in the preseason, in Simonsson's case all 4 were goals. I'm sure he was looking around at his teammates in some of those low scoring games hoping someone else would be able to contribute. The team is still developing and may not look like much early on, but I strongly believe that they will be a solid group come playoff time.

Let's break down the new draftees joining the falcons:
Luc Blouin, selected 2nd overall, 229 TPE, build is a bit of an all-around D man with some strong passing, he will likely play on the 1st pairing with Giannopoulos or Baters who both primarily play the left side.

Pavel Jeziak, selected 3rd overall, 214 TPE, build is primarily offensive so far with a focus on getting open and puck handling. Jeziak will start lower in the lineup but could work his way into a bigger role through the season.

Kermit Murphy, selected 4th overall, 214 TPE, build is really spread out right now, it's hard to say what sort of player Kermit will develop into, but for the time being he is suited to a two way forward type role in the bottom 6.

Neal Turner, selected 49th overall, 181 TPE, he is really just getting started on developing his player, unfortunately he pushed heavy into puckhandling bumping it all the way up to 15, which is going to hurt him if he doesn't redistribute. That being said for a late pick he could turn out to be a real stud.

Approved! +5 TPE @DrunkenTeddy

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]