Create Account

S57 mPT #2 - the hall of fame where is it

The SHL Hall of Fame should be placed in a town where hockey is not really a big tourist draw, so it becomes a pilgrimage for those who really want to go. I nominate Tampa, Florida for the new location of the SHL Hall of fame.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

the hall of fame, a museum/hall of fame dedicated to the history of the SHL and SMJHl, along with the accomplishments of its players and staff, is located on the earth.

[Image: izzy.PNG]

I would say stick it in Edmonton since they have some of the biggest history and everything but that would be biased. So give it to Montreal since that shitty minor league team ruined them having a team at all. Gives Montreal something to do.

[45 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I think that the SHL hall of fame should be based out of the city that won the first Challenge cup because that would mark a historic moment for the league and it would be cool to go to the city where the very first SHL champions were crowned. Therefore the hall of fame should be in Winnipeg.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

The Hall of Fame for the SHL is arguably one of most important institutes in the SHL community, ifnot the world. it is only fitting for such an institution to be located in one of the most prestigious places in the universe.

First, we considered telling Biden to move his seat of power to Camp David, because we needed the White House for the Hall of Fame. However, we are not sure the President would survive being out in the wild for more than a few day at his age. We then considered moving the statue on Liberty island to one of the other islands, but it turns out Liberty Island was not big enough to hold the entire SHL Hall of Fame. Jokingly, we suggested putting the Hall of Fame in an offshore, either on the Cayman Islands or Panama, but our tax advisors advised against this and suggested a double Irish Dutch sandwich instead. Since we were not willing to split the Hall of Fame over multiple places, let alone move it to Europe, that was off the table as well.

In the end we decided there's only one solution. Only one spot where the Simulation Hockey League Hall of Fame truly gets what it deserves.

We should fire it into the sun.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

After long thought, the Hall of Fame should reside next to the Big Parm in Calgary. Home of the Dragons, one of the most iconic and longest franchises in the leagues history, the city of Calgary provides genuine experience for enthusiasts interested in both SHL history and the Calgary Dragons history

51 words

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

The only appropriate place to put the SHL Hall of Fame is the School of Engineering at the University of Houston. Everyone who suggests anything other than this is not only wrong, but should in fact leave the site.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

I want to say to put it in a weird place but I would find it hard to go somewhere other than Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver. Canada is the home of hockey and as such it wouldn’t really make sense to place one of the sports most storied institutions in any other country

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

The SHL Hall of Fame needs to be in a place which is far from everything. It needs to be a pilgrimage site. That's why I would locate the Hall of Fame gallery to Middle Africa because it is far from North America and Europe (where most players are from). When you go there, you really appreciate the gallery and it will be unforgettable experience for you. Someone would say even once in a lifetime experience.

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 10:46 AM by _Blitz_.)

I'd go with Winnipeg or Los Angeles for the Hall of Fame.

Winnipeg is one of the original teams. They're still using the same branding they were 10 IRL years ago, and they won the first ever Challenge Cup. In my opinion, they're very close to the Detroit Red Wings or the Chicago Blackhawks of the SHL. Loaded with history, plenty of past success, but with a recent slide downhill. A Hockey HoF would also be something to do in Winnipeg, a city regularly busted on for its build up of industry with little tourism.

LA is considerable for some different reasons. With no shortage of glamour and tourism in LA, the HoF wouldn't add anything to the city. However, it does have the closest distance to an SMJHL team (Anaheim), and had one of the longest-tenured GMs in league history. Putting the HoF in a place that already has a lot of SHL activity makes a certain amount of sense.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

in my backyard

pros:
itd be pretty cool to have it in my backyard
i can walk to it easily thats kinda nice

cons:
idk probably none

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

The SHL Hall of Fame should be located in the city with the most cups. I of course don't know who has the most cups in the SHL, that is more of a job for someone with insane trivia skils or just the power to find the information in the forum. So yeah, locate it in the city with the most cup wins.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

Everybody is going to say the hall should be in a city, odds are with a hockey team already located there. They are wrong. The SHL HOF needs to be located a la Oscar myer and be done in a hot dog shaped vehicle that can tour the many areas the shl reaches.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

I think the SHL's Hall of Fame should reside in one of the cities of the early big franchises of the league, which would be Edmonton, Los Angeles, West Kendal or Winnipeg. Of these four West Kendall is out because of course it is whereas the other three all have good cases. LA with the glamour and starpower, Winnipeg with it's consistency and professionalism and Edmonton with its big hockey history in general. Ultimately I think I would decide for Edmonton both because they've probably had the best overall sim-record of the three franchises and because there isn't a whole lot else to do up North there, so I think they would appreciate it a bit more than the others. Plus for the fans, going to the Hockey Hall of Fame will actually mean something instead of just being an item that you scratch of your list while you are in a big popular city like Montreal or Toronto anyway.

One place that could be seen as an ideal location is Philadelphia. A city that had one of the greatest hockey dynasties in the history of simulated hockey is nowadays just a painful reminder of better times. Philadelphia Patriots are no more, but memories and history are with us. Hall of fame being in Philadelphia would make sure that future generations get to learn about the Patriots and more about the history of simulated hockey.