Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #2 - Player Personality

NOTE: PT1 is still open until tomorrow at midnight so do that if you haven't! Link to it here

At this point in the season, everyone has seen what your player has to offer in on-ice skills, but they might not know so much about the person behind the player. Let the fans know who you are!

Player option: In interview format, have your player tell a reporter a story of something displaying their personality, either in a hockey-related instance or something outside of the rink entirely. (150+ words)

News option: Share a story of your player displaying their personality, either in a hockey-related instance or something outside of the rink entirely, in a team news article format. (150+ words)

Graphic option: Create a candid photo of your player displaying their personality traits. Must include a player render and team apparel of some sort.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not two/all.)

Only S57 SMJHL Rookies (S58 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for Welfare claims.

You cannot claim TPE for this PT until a post is made in the global claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday December 13th @ 11:59 PM EST

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Code:
Graphic option: Create a candid photo of your player displaying their personality traits. Must include a player render and team apparel of some sort.

Knights  Knights  Knights  Knights  Knights
[Image: GZ8uvdi.png]
Knights  Knights  Knights  Knights  Knights

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Good morning and welcome to another exciting installment of, "Wasting time with Hockey Players." Today we are featuring an interview with Mr. First Overall himself, Jean-Locke Zidane. Jean-Locke hails from Amiens ,France, where he grew up and learned to play. Jean-Locke is considered one of the best defenders in the S58 class when it comes to his defensive awareness and his ability to play very physical. We sat down with Jean-Locke for a one on one interview with the future SHL star.

Reporter ®: Good morning Jean-Locke, how are you doing today?

JLZ: Very well, thank you.

R: Very good. I'd like to take this time to discuss the man behind the hockey player. We've all seen footage and stat lines and such, but what about your personality? What kind of person are you off the ice?

JLZ: Well, I am not a very shy person. I've always looked at myself as someone who likes to give back to his community. Back in Amiens, I would help teach young kids to skate and play hockey. It is one of the things I am very proud of.

R: So you would call yourself charitable?

JLZ: I guess so, yeah. That is a good way to put it. I also like to point out that on the ice, I am a mean defensive machine. Off the ice I like to think that I am very different. Caring and calm are two words that describe me.

R: I know you are a very busy person, but we are happy that you could give us this brief interview about who you are. Thank you and have a good week!

JLZ: Thank you for having me. Au revoir.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

Reporter: Keeping up with the Juniors, we caught up with one of Anchorage's freshest seamen, Paul Binder, to hear how his personality is going to fit in with the team this year. So Paul, how about it? We've not heard too much from you aside from what you can bring on the ice, but skills aside, how do you see your personality fitting in with the team?

Binder: Well, first things first, I'm all about respect for others on the team. I'm still very new and am learning all the names and faces still, but these are my brothers and mentors, I would lay my body down for them and hope that they would do the same. I'm in a little bit of a pickle though, everyone on the team seems to hate our GM with a passion. I mean when I first walked into the locker room, everyone was saying "fuck Gabe this, fuck Gabe that". I was always taught in peewee to treat all coaches and management with the upmost respect, but I guess they do it differently here in Anchorage.

Reporter: Fuck Gabe you say? Well hopefully our editors are on their toes so we won't be facing a fine, but thank you very much for the words, Paul. Any closing statements?

Binder: Like I said, I would do anything for my team, so fuck Gabe!.....sir.

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Miami Herald
John Tyler

As we all know, the lone hockey player coming out of Miami has made his SHL debut. Ellis McPickle was drafted to the Maine Timber in the 4th round, and currently serves on the 4th line. Ellis though, has been known to be a problem of the ice occasionally, as he was known to be a very cocky player in his high school, and short college stint. His go-to celebration was a crotch grab similar to that of NFL running back Marshawn Lynch. But now in the SMJHL he's already made his presence known... in the emotional aspect of the game, not so much the statistics as he only has 1 point through 6 games. But in his stint in SMJHL he has been in his opponents head, constantly jawing away at them even when his play isn't on par with his talk. He's gotten into the head of many opponents thus far, and is showing he provides more than on-ice contribution with his emotional game.
John Tyler, signing off (175 words)

[Image: s7gD85j.png]

Reporter: We're here today with Newfoundland forward Nike Kickz Jr. Thanks for joining us Nike.

Nike: Great to be here and thanks for having me.

Reporter: So you have settled in among your teammates and you are in the swing of the first week of regular season action, how are you finding it?

Nike: Honestly, the hockey has been as expected. Outside of hockey, I'm really growing to love the Newfoundland area. Being so close to the water, I have found that I have a real knack for sailing. I'm out here cutting jibs and coming about with some great sailors along the shore.

Reporter: Oh, what an interesting tidbit. Had you sailed before coming to Newfoundland?

Nike: Growing up in the New England area there were always quite a few opportunities to get out on the water. When I was a young kid, my father taught me a bit about sailing here and there but it was never really much experience on the water alone. Now, I feel a bit more confident to give it a shot solo and it's been a really great experience.

Reporter: Well, that is all the time we have for today as I'm getting a message in my ear that your riveting discussion on the sailing of your youth is crushing our ratings. Thanks again for joining us and next time please come with something more interesting to talk about. Maybe even some hockey analysis.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

New Kelowna Knight's rookie Danny B made a big splash in the community this week. He surprised the Kelowna High School Varsity team with a surprise coaching session and helped them prepare for their upcoming match against the Vernon Bears. We caught up with the coach and asked how he managed to get Danny to come down and give the kids a few pointers, but he told us it was just as big a surprise to him! We reached out to the Knights and managed to get a couple questions over to Danny.

Interviewer: Danny C, it's great to have you here! We recently heard from the Kelowna High team that you gave them some impromptu coaching. What made you decide to do that?
D: I was just headed to the local rink to get work on my skating a little and saw the team was holding practice. I introduced myself to the coach and asked if he would mind if I talked to the kids for a bit. I tried not to disrupt practice too much but before I knew they had me putting on my gear so we could play in a scrimmage. I hope I was able to give the kids a bit of an edge in their upcoming game, but to be honest I'm not sure they need it! There's some real talent here, I wouldn't be surprised if I were lacing up along side a few of these kids in a couple seasons.

Code:
248 Words

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]

Reporter: Puddles, how did it feel to finally get out on the ice?

Puddles: I’ll be honest, I was nervous at first which may sound weird. I’ve been the focal point of attention in my other career with tens of thousands of fans cheer for me. But this is different. I stepped out of my comfort zone and I don’t really know what I’m doing.
Reporter: That’s, uh…interesting. How have you been able to contribute to the team when you don’t know what you’re doing?

Puddles: I think it just comes down to my personality. I’m always going to be a great bench guy. It’s working out pretty well since I’m only on the 3rd line. It gives me plenty of time to do what I do best. Cheer on my teammates and get the crowd into the game. Hopefully as the season and my abilities progress, I can contribute as much on the ice as I am off the ice.

Report: You’ve seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Where does that come from?

Puddles: My lengthy time as a mascot definitely helped with that. I’ve cheered for good teams and I’ve cheered for bad teams. I learned how to “read the room”, if you will. I can tell who is here to help me and who isn’t. I chose to listen to the former.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

[Image: wqjuBNz.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

[Image: t8yUyiV.png]

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Reporter: I am here today to interview Vancouver Whalers left wing Austin Smith after he pulled his first point in his game today against the Newfoundland Berserkers 

Austin, how does it feel, are you relieved to finally find yourself on the board with a goal?

Austin: Relieved doesn’t even begin to describe it. I’ve been giving it my all out there on the ice day in and day out and it feels good to finally be getting the results we’ve been looking for as a team.

Reporter: How important is it to you that you start pulling in more points as the season goes on?

Austin: Getting points is great. Scoring is great. But this isn’t my team, it’s our team. The most important thing for me is that I’m doing my part. There’s nothing I hate more than feeling like dead weight that the team has to put on their back. My biggest priority is less personal milestones and more about working with the guys on my line to provide the most value to the team as a whole.

Reporter: Would you describe yourself as a leader or more of a follower?

Austin: Again, I’m whatever the team needs me to be. I’ve certainly found myself in more leadership oriented roles on the teams I’ve played with in the past, as well is in my pursuits off the ice. However it’s not important to me that I be the leader of the team unless that’s what is needed. I guess if I had to characterize myself I’d say I’m a really good flex teammate. Put me where you need me and I will make a difference.

Reporter: It’s been great getting to know you better Austin, thank you for your time.

jimmy nutcluster loves to toke!

[Image: Zr5MBcp.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

We are joined today by St Louis Scarecrows second rounder Friedensreich Hundertwasser, an Austrian born winger in his 20s looking like hes closer to 80.

Interviewer: thanks so much for agreeing to the interview today Friedensreich, how are you finding the junior league so far.

Friedensreich Hundertwasser: fun. The St Louis fans have been great so far even though we haven't brought them a win.

INT: you've played a couple of close games though and that's all they can ask for. Let us know about the real Friedensreich, what do you enjoy off the field?

FH: I keep to myself mostly, I meditate and do yoga. I like to paint, I like to be painted.

INT: Oh really? What kind of style do you enjoy?

FH: Life modelling mostly, I was once able to sit in on a session with Danny Devito. He refused to keep any clothes on. That painting has pride of place above my bed.

INT: Okay this got a bit weird, You have a picture of naked Danny Devito above your bed?

FH: Yup.

INT: Probably not the most appropriate thing for us here at teen beat but thanks for letting us know. I think we'll end the interview here, it's been interesting talking to you.

FH: Thanks for having me.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Gregory Goode is currently performing very well for the Anchorage Armada of the SMJHL. Drafted by the team in the second round of the most recent draft, Gregory has quietly been putting up a very strong season so far. But we wanted to see if he was as quiet off the ice as he seems to be on, so being the responsible news organization we are, we had our camera crew follow him around.

6 AM: Wakes up, looks at the clock for 3 minutes and goes back to bed.
9 AM: Wakes up proper. Has Raisin Bran for breakfast, shockingly perfect ratio of milk to cereal.
10 AM: Shower and getting dressed. His clothing blends in with the wall behind him.
11 AM: Unwinds with some television, seems to be watching HD videos of grass growing.
12 PM: Naps
1 PM: A lunch of what we're going to call a "bread sandwich" which consists of a piece of white bread between two slices of wheat bread.
2 PM: Takes his Jetta to the rink.
3 PM: Practice.
7 PM: Returns home. Eats a dinner of plain white rice and oyster crackers.
8 PM: Watches a steam of paint drying.
9 PM: Bedtime. For our reporters, that is.

We believe we may have found the most boring person alive. We ended up falling asleep while watching him, even our camera involuntarily entered sleep mode.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]