Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #2 - Player Personality

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

ISFL PT

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

NpSE: we're today with Rookie Colorado Raptors centerman Leon Schweingruber. Leon, how has your first season gone so far?

LS: It is good. I play hard for my team. I not score any points yet, but that not matter as long as team is winning games. We are winning, so no points is ok.

NpSE: Wow. Most players would be upset if they haven't scored yet. Don't you think if you were able to score more, it would give your team a better chance of winning?

LS: I play for my teammates. If other players score lots, then it means I can concentrate on defense first. If rest of team is struggling to score, then I will encourage them and will try to score until they can find net again.

NpSE: What do you enjoy doing the most at the gym while you train?

LS: I like to do leg workouts, but I workout a lot outside of team gym, so I try to help teammates who need motivation when they struggle.

NpSE: Well it sounds like you are quite the selfless teammate. The kind of player teams and players want to have on their teams. Thank you so much for your time today. Good luck with the rest of the season!

[Image: BTHxZUB.png]

Richard LaFleur exited the Montana's on Banks Road in Kelowna. He was immediately set upon by Ray Porter and his trusty cameraman, Cam Ramen. The tattered reporter ran up, drenched in sweat and waving his arms frantically.

Ray: "LaFleur! Montana's eh? How do you like your steak?!"

LaFleur: (visibly annoyed) ......medium rare. I thought I told you guys to stay away from me after the incident in the hardware store.

Ray: Just a moment of your time, please, Richard! Your fans are curious to know more about the player off the ice, and I was wondering if you could take a quick personality quiz!

LaFleur: (sighs) Fine, but be quick.

Cam gives a big thumbs up and flips his phone open.

Ray: Alright Richard. If you could use any weapon in the world, which would it be?

LaFleur: .....magic, so I could make you disappear.

Ray: Fantastic. When you were in Montana's, what did you eat?

LaFleur: I had steak and a couple beers.

Ray: <jots notes down, but it seems to just be illegible scribbles> Mhm. Mhm. How are you around the ladies LaFleur?

LaFleur: Hockey is my main focus right now, not women. <smirks slightly>

Ray: Not interested...in...women. Got it! If you're out with your teammates and a fight breaks out with strangers, how do you react?

LaFleur: I'd get involved and protect them.

Ray: Not opposed to assaulting...civilians, check! Alright Richard. Picture the scene. You're in the grocery store, and there's lots of people around. How do you feel?

LaFleur: I'm not really paying too much attention to other people to be honest, I'm just doing my own thing. Probably buying bacon.

Ray: Anti-social bacon lover, very interesting. OH NO RICHARD, YOUR BEST FRIEND AND TEAMMATE HAS SUDDENLY DIED! WHAT DO YOU DO!?

LaFleur: ..........I'm very sad.

Ray: Mhm, fantastic. What would you do if someone you didn't know very well gave you a piece of very expensive jewelry?

LaFleur: I wouldn't take an expensive gift like that.

Ray: Yup, okay, right. Mhm. A strange rumor has taken hold, and the city of Kelowna has unknown evils lurking beyond! What do you do Richard!

LaFleur: <sighs, and is growing impatient> I'm not afraid of your made up nonsense Ray.

Ray: Emotionless. Cold. Stoic. Very peculiar. Couple more questions here Richard. Describe yourself in one word.

LaFleur: Annoyed.

Ray: Please be serious Richard, for the sake of your fans.

LaFleur: ......loyal.

Ray: Great. Someone writes a book about you! What's the title?

LaFleur: Never Give up.

Ray: VERY original Richard. Last question, what is one regret in your life?

LaFleur: I don't have any regrets. Except maybe stopping here to talk to you.

Ray: Alright Richard! The results are in! You are Gandalf!

LaFleur: .........what?

Ray: Thank you for completing the "Which character in Lord of the Rings are you?" quiz! That's all the time we have for tonight!

LaFleur: ..............

Cam gives a big thumbs up in the background.

Associated Press - Portland, Maine

Although practice ended hours ago, it was a long night at the Maine Timber's training facility. After a successful three game stretch that saw the Timber win two out of three games, rookie forwards Dogwood Maple, Jonny Tsunami, and Frederick Stefansson were burning the midnight oil working on their craft. "It's all about doing everything I can do to help us get better," Maple said, "and if that means I'm here late at night with some of my linemates then let's do it!" The trio were working on their cross-ice passing and precision shooting, thanks to a miniature goal they set up. When asked why they should grind so hard after a tough three game stretch, Dogwood said he was simply doing what he'd always done. "When the Timber drafted me, they knew they were getting somebody who was going to go above and beyond to set an example for other players and always work hard. If I all of this extra practice results in one more goal for us or one more win, it'll all be worth it. And just creating a bond with my fellow rookies? That just makes it that much more enjoyable. We want to create a legacy in Maine and you can't achieve greatness without work, work, and more work."

The Timber are currently tied for second place in the division, thanks in large part to some major contributions from their rookie class. As Maple said, they're trying to build a legacy and right now they're certainly on the right track in Maine.

262 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Clover Bottom, MO

In this sleepy farming area, about an hour west of central St Louis, we find one of the SMJHL’s newest players. Daryl Urquhart, the Scarecrows undrafted rookie defenseman, lives here, and we caught up with him to discuss his unconventional choice of location:

Daryl, thank you for joining us. Rookies with multi-million dollar contracts don’t usually end up in farming communities away from the hustle and bustle of the ‘big city’, what made you choose Clover Bottom?

Thanks for having me guys! Well, as has been reported, I’m from the Scottish highlands. I was born in the only ‘city’ in the highlands, Inverness, although it’d be a small town by American standards, but I grew up on a farm to the north. During my early years, I often only had the sheep for company, until I developed my interest in hockey. I used to look forward to it all week, be so excited as my dad drove me into the ‘city’ for practice, or games, and sleeping in the car on the way home. I guess I’m just trying to recreate that feeling, but instead of every week, I get the buzz of travelling into training every day! Although, obviously there is no sleeping on the way home now!! I’m not one for city life, the noise, the traffic, the people. I’m happy living low-key, helps me focus and keeps me hyped to play and give my all every single day! Go Crows!!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Hello, this is Don Grape, reporting for Vancouver News 1 and live from the finish of Whalers practice today, I am going to sit down with rookie winger, Mats Lafleur, for a short interview.

DG: Thanks for joining me Mats.  Lets talk about you personally.  What type of player are you on an off the ice?

ML: No problem, Mr. Grape.  I am a pretty quiet, lead by example type of player through my hard work both on and off the ice.  On the ice, I do my best each and every shift to work hard and make good decisions and on off the ice, I train hard, put time reviewing tapes of both my play and my opponents.

DG: Is there a particular reason why you are so quiet or is that just who you are?

ML:  We would play this one team like 4 or 5 times a season and they just had this kid that would constantly run his mouth on both the ice and the bench.  He was a solid player and a yapper.  So against us one game, he was really running his mouth in a tight game and was going for a puck in the corner, lost an edge, went down and broke his leg thus ending his high school career in his senior season.  I always thought that was karma and from then on, I would just work hard and lead by example.

DG: Tough break for him for sure.  That’s all the time we have for today.  Thank you to Mats Lafleur and best of luck the rest of the season.

ML: Thanks Don.

We had an opportunity sit down with one of the young new players of the Colorado Raptors, the 8th overall pick of the latest SMJHL draft, Basil Sivart.

So Basil, tell us about the man inside the skates.
What is there to say, a prairie kid that enjoyed hockey enough to try pursue it as a career.

So why did you decide to become a defenceman?
Well, it was more out of necessity. I have been a goalie for the majority of my career, but the competition was just too stiff for me to make any inroads, so I made the leap to being a skater.

That must have been difficult.
Absolutely, I rolled my ankle within 30 seconds of being in normal player’s skates.

What do you do in your off time?
When I’m not on the ice or training, I spend lots of time sleeping, playing video games, and quality time with my girlfriend and 5-year-old bulldog mix.

Thank you for your time Basil, and best of luck this season.

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]

After the first game of the season came to a close the entire Whalers team decided to go spend some time together.  It was certainly going to be a long season (if only they had known HOW long) and team bonding was important.

The morning after Game 1, and the Whalers team loaded themselves onto a bus and headed to Speeders Prokarts to burn off some steam and practice their driving skills. As everyone queued up and prepared to enter their vehicles, Narboza drooled at the prospect of finally getting to drive a vehicle of some kind once again.  Since crashing his own ship he had been forced to either walk, or take the team bus, to get everywhere.

Squeezing his large body inside the confines of car #11, Narboza hissed out some taunts to his fellow mating partners.

"I will vaporize you out there!" "You blobs of flesh are going to die"

Despite a few uncomfortable laughs, most of the mating partners took it in stride, knowing that his awkwardness was just part of the entire Manyhands package.

The lights ran down and when it was time to go, Narboza took off like a lion who was scared by a mouse.

Nearly instantly he rammed into a nearby mating partner, using one of his extra four arms to grab Devin Basher's steering wheel and forciung him to careen into the wall.  Basher's car exploded into a burning ball of shrapnel and screaming and a gurgling cackle erupted from Narboza's front orifice as he sped away with two of his extra fists raised into the air.

The team bonding ended as soon as it had begun, with the track staff putting out the fire, cleaning up the mess, and kicking out the team.

In the end it took some time for everyone to explain to Narboza that humans were much more delicate than Sardangians, and that there were rules that he must follow if he wanted to remain a mating partner with other Whales.  Eventually he got it, but he was frustrated that everyone was so cautious on this planet.  How could they ever expect to attain greatness in the solar system if they were so pathetically weak and scared.  He was sure that eventually things would change, but for now he would need to adjust his behaviour if he wished to remain a mating partner.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

Reporters who were setting up equipment outside the away team's locker room ahead of Saturday night's tilt in Detroit were surprised to find a member of the Falcons, Kermit Murphy slinking away from the visitors' area. When pressed for comment, the Falcons rookie initially declined to speak before admitting off the record that he has a long history of sneaking into the visitors' bathroom to relieve himself before the opponents arrive at the rink. Because nothing is truly off the record, we were able to obtain the following from the young phenom:

"It started once in minor hockey when our bathroom was occupied and I really needed to go, so I ran to the next room over and luckily they weren't there yet. But something about it made me feel... powerful. Like I was playing some sort of mind game. Now it's a tradition that I arrive about three hours before home games to go shit in their bathroom."

While this shocking revelation surely won't win him any favours, Murphy admits he will not stop anytime soon.

"Our team nutritionist hates me but I eat beans the morning before a game just so I can take a rank shit and hopefully even just ruin someone's day a tiny bit." Murphy smirked before adding, "I never flush, either."

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

PBE PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

PH

News Article

On October 27th, 2023 the Colorado Raptors faced off against the Nevada Battlehorn! Twenty Twenty had a few assist going into this game but was yet to score his first goal in the SMJHL. However, in the 2nd period Twenty received a beautiful pass from Smith and made no mistake as he roofed it over the shoulder of Weaver! The Raptors went on to out shoot the Battlehorn by a whopping 37-15 and won by a score of 4-2!

Following the game Twenty Twenty had this to say.. “ It feels amazing to get the first one out of the way and let’s hope there’s more to come. I couldn’t ask for more amazing teammates as they have helped me with my transition in the SMJHL and were happy to see me net my first goal”.

After the most recent string of games the Raptors record has improved to a spectacular 10-2-0! Most people didn’t see the Raptors as a cup contender until next season, does this strong start change anything?

171 Words

Twenty Twenty- Proud member of the Colorado Raptors Raptors