Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 - Who Goes First Overall?
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 02:19 PM by leafs1997.)

Quote:526 words

Who goes first overall in the S58 SHL Draft?

While it’s still very early and we are a fair way out from the draft, I thought it might be fun to look at some early frontrunners who may find themselves taken first off the board in the upcoming draft. It’s worth noting that there are three major players who are un-eligible to be taken first and they will not be included: Jean-Locke Zidane, Kermit Murphy, and #A-Rye Izzy.

Luc Blouin - D
If someone held a gun to my head and asked who would go first overall, I would probably answer Blouin nine times out of ten. Blouin is a can’t miss prospect, earning at the top of his class so far, and Teddy is a fantastic guy with tons of experience and knowledge about both the site and FHM. Not to mention there is a shortage of d-men in the big leagues.

Dogwood Maple - C
I have not had the pleasure of speaking to Dogwood too much, but from what I have seen in the S58 discord and around the site he seems like a top-notch guy. He has been earning great, pumping out lots of media, and seems very enthusiastic about his player overall. If a team at the top needs a center, Maple could be their guy.

Kit Kirkstone – G
Grapehead is a well-known commodity around the site and brings tons of experience being the long-time former GM of San Francisco, as well as building a fantastic former goalie in Jeff Kirkstone. He would be a great grab for any team, but with SHL goalie stocks overflowing, would a team be daring enough to use the first overall on a goalie when they may not carry as much value?

Ole Olson – D
I’ve never personally spoken to Amidships, but I believe he is a GM in the NSFL (correct me if I’m wrong here) and is seemingly well respected. He is near the top of the class in earning, active on the forums, and like Blouin is a defenseman which are in high demand these days. If not first, look for Olson to go early.

Finn von Murphenstein – D
A first gen and another defenseman, von Murphenstein has done a great job of putting his name out there. He’s active on the forums, near the top of the class in TPE, and has done well to get his bank account started. If a team really likes him and he continues to earn well, I could see him going in the top spot.

Pavel Jeziak – W
While Leppish’s last player was not one of the top earners, he still reached the 1400-1500 mark and had a great career. While it remains to be seen whether Jeziak will be a higher earner than Moore, what teams know they will get from drafting Jeziak is a fantastic locker room presence. He may not be the cornerstone piece to build your team around, but he would be a fantastic pick for a team looking to put it all together or enhance their locker room culture.

HM’s: Gerry Atrick, Jonny Tsunami, Zayne Rotzbua, Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Basil Sivart

Approved, +5 TPE @JT3

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria