Create Account

S57 PT #3 - Battle Royale
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 07:40 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:I was inspired by recent conversations in the Atlanta LR to think about a Battle Royale type scenario - a massive physical fight where only one will emerge victorious - in an SHL context. For this PT, describe what would happen in a Battle Royale on your team - either among users or among players. Which players/users would be the top contenders on your team to win a physical fight? Who would stand no chance and get ousted immediately? (again, you can focus on either the SHL players or the users behind the players.)

Written task: 150 words min.

Harry Carpet shows up to the ring with anger that's been building since Toronto started turning in single-digit win seasons. Adam Barron has two hands with a cup of coffee in each and gets tossed to the moon by someone that's way more prepared than he is. Bobby Lane finds an opening and seizes it, surprising someone on the rope and knocking them down and out to the safety mat below.
Mika Kandinsky and Rhys Pritchard take turns slapping each other in the face, until Axel Meszaros clotheslines them both and slides them out of the ring, and therefore the competition.
One after another, Toronto’s finest mash and bash each other in a bloody affair that has the fans hooting and hollering, until only two remain.
Ultimately, it’s star goalie vs GM’s player in a dead heated one-on-one battle. Meszaros charges, but Carpet dodges out of the way, and Meszaros goes tumbling out of the ring. Finally, Harry’s seen a shot he doesn’t want to get in the way of.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Luckily we wouldn't have to imagine what would happen if the Berserkers had a battle royale, because it has already happened 3 times in our lockerroom. Many great moments have stemmed from these fests of valour and honor, as well as many moments of dastardliness and dishonour. The time Steve slashed young and pure Jonas down with a sword was a great moment of dishonor that followed him for the rest of the royale. Ultimately he couldn't escape it and ended up offing himself with 3 others later in the tournament. Beeg sad. A great moment was when Sad boi Ty pushed old grumpy bones SD off a cliff during a knife fight. Absolute scenes when that happened, and Ty's valour shone through as he would go on to win the tournament by outlasting his opponent Toast who accidentally detonated a bomb while trying to arm it and blew himself up. Wow. Beeg sadness also when Beeg yoshi was backstabbed by team enforcer BBP. Should have seen it coming but no one did. Anyways ya Holmgang gang

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Wow this is an interesting PT prompt. I will choose to write about if our players fought, because if our irl users decided to have a battle royale then Slowpoke would easily overpower all of us and it wouldn't be very fun to think about, so in order to keep it light I'm going to look at it from the context of our players. I think that my player would have a really good chance at winning. He's one of the biggest, tallest and strongest players on the team and coming from Finland he is used to surviving in tough conditions. I think my main competition would be the scary viking guy Andreas Kvalheim, along with the Russian guy Piotr Horvat who also looks pretty scary to me. On the other hand, I think that Josef Kubinec would get eliminated quickly. He's not the biggest guy and even though we love him we would not hesitate to turn on him quickly. It would not be a nice experience however and as our team is made up of people who are good guys deep down this type of thing would never actually happen.

Code:
192 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quebec City Citadelles has some players who are used to fight all day long and some players who aren't. For example, my fighting rating is only five so I would be out immediately. As would be Sombreros, I. Petrov, T. Petrov, Goodman, Next, Koskinen, Rieley, Jakobsen, Davenport, Two, Maximov, Kevens, Heikkinen, Beranek and Maro. There are only three clear candidates who can win the battle royale of QCC. They are Boris Petrov, Yuuto Kira Cloudera Jr. and Jonas Caspari. Petrov is favourite because his fighting is 15. Cloudera and Caspari are middle class fighters because both of them has skill level of seven. But, they would of course re-unite their forces and together challenge Petrov. And together they could match Petrov's strength, speed and punching power. In the end, two is more than one. Caspari and Cloudera Jr. would together beat Petrov and the final match-up would be then between Caspari and Cloudera Jr. Because they would be too exhausted to fight anymore against each other after beating monster Petrov in a long fight, a coin flip would decide the winner. In this case, flip says that the winner would be mr. Cloudera Jr.

Words: 198

[Image: salming.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Just taking look at the players as their weight and height is easily available on the index. So first of all my player is one of shortest and lightest guys on the team with only Wachter being smaller and even if size isn't all that matters it has huge impact. Scianna, Horvat, Kekkonen and Sulfurgold have highest weight while Kekkonen, Kvalheim, Horvat and Williams are 4 tallest guys of the team, so I would expect that Kekkonen and Horvat have pretty good build for physical fight. Strength is something Björn has but Kvalheim and Kekkonen are not far behind and almost whole team just behind them so even it makes Kekkonen's case stronger. Kubinec, Wachter and Maximus rock some higher agility which comes in handy but I don't think it is enough to push Kekkonen from top spot.

At the end of the day winner of Texas Battle royale would be Kaarlo Kekkonen if people don't tag team to take him out in which case we might see Horvat or Kvalheim on top.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

pt pass
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2020, 12:13 PM by bluesfan55.)

The New England Wolfpack are a bad team, let's face it. With 6 wins in 28 games, this is a team that should be angry as they made the playoffs last season. So they needed to get their anger out some way, and they decided to do it BY HAVING A MASS FIGHT AMONGST THE TEAM UNTIL ONE PLAYER WAS LEFT STANDING. Rumor is that Mitchell van der Heijden was amongst the most pissed at the team's piss poor performances, and while he's never really been a fighter, he's among the favorites solely because he is pissed off which could lead to a testosterone boost. Stan Hanson and (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn, the team's two power forwards, are also favorites because they're physical specimens who know how to fight (Kostsitsyn leads the team in hits). And defenseman Erben Kasius is the only Wolfpack player who actually got in a fight this season, which he won, so he is also a favorite. Players likely to go out early include Ethan Price, Dominic Montgomery, and James LeBlond, who have a combined 4 penalty minutes between them. Is this the best way to get out our team anger? Not really. Would I endorse this? No. But it's happening and I don't know how it'll end. I'll go with Kasius since he's the only Wolfpack player to get in and win a fight this year.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

PBE Affiliate PT +3 TPE

I'm here to tell you a story about a fight in the Battleborn locker room one fateful night. To say we lived up to the Battleborn name would be underselling the carnage we created. Most of the night is still a blur, but some key pieces still remain in the depths of my memory.

The only thing I remember about the start of the night was everyone involved with the team together at the arena in the lounge for a team party. At point I remember having a drink with the guys and then next I remember waking up to absolute chaos. We all woke up with "weapons" and a note that said, "you've been placed at a starting point in the arena, every man for himself".

Outside the door, I could hear screaming and wailing and just utter panic. I grabbed my nerf gun and walked out the door. The sights are burned in my brain. Grown men down in pain from nerf gun bullets. I walked by a few of my "dead' teammates like Weaver and Funk, both men grasping for air. I gave them some water and prayed for their souls.

Apparently I had been out for a while because most players had been out for a while. I entered the main foyer of the building to see the last two remaining, Chad Danger and Bane. Seemed like they formed an alliance to make it this far. They spotted me and gave me some really convincing villainous speech before I saw it. Chad just turned on Bane in cold blood. I saw Bane drop and, and...it was too much. I ran up to Bane and held him in my arms. He told me to tell his family that he loved them and he would be home soon. Danger got me in the back when I was consoling him. He had won.

The next morning, we all awoke in the arena with but a vague memory of the previous night, but for some reason we all had the same feeling towards Chad Danger. He seemed like a changed man, but not in a good way. We had no clue why we felt this way, we just knew it we didn't like it.

(374 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

In the Minnesota Monarchs Battle Royale, we would have a few contenders vying to come out on top. A few players that we could eliminate from the race pretty quickly would be Rocco Berni, Cal Labovitch, and Separa Borro. These players are all relatively new to the team in comparison to some of the more TPE boosted, long-term Monarchs that were around for the Chiefs era of the Minnesota franchise. That would mean that players like Noah Gallagher, Collin Gibbles, and Mathias Seger would be likely to chase that #1 spot. As a dark horse candidate, Mika Mayfield could raise some eyebrows as he's an established player with an occasional mean streak. However, I believe that the winner of our Battle Royale would either be Gibbles or Seger, with the slight advantage going to Seger. It's just kind of a gut feeling, as when I first read the prompt, Seger was the first winner that came to mind.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Can we include players we drafted that aren't on the active roster yet? If so, we should have pretty good chances to win. We have so many goons and wanna-be goons in our Toronto LR that we would easily find enough volunteers to fight for the rest of us so that people like me don't have to get involved. I believe a while ago we were even thinking about changing our name to Toronto North Goons. So who are our best goons and wanna-be goons? Juni Panda is probably our most famous fighter/goon still in the minors, both Danny Marston and Ruslan Zaporozhets have won a fight already this season and our newbie Adam Barron is making a name for himself as well. They can all score too! The rest of us would leave the fun to them and likely just stay in the background, because we probably wouldn't stand a chance since we're all too old for this shit or – looking at our rookie Ryosuke Sato – definitely too small ;-).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

So as of right now the scrappiest kid on the Manhattan block is actually Phineas Gold. He is the only player in the last two seasons of the Rage to go take an early fight for the team to get them on the board. Not a traditional physical team, with top Rage players only hitting about 100 hits per season, every little bit of physicality that goes above and beyond counts for something for this team. As Phineas is finding his role of a grinder and physical pusher for goals, he is also finding himself to be a backbone of the team. This is why that in a battle royal where winner takes all, Phineas Gold himself would be the man at the top of that pyramid. On top of his physical aptitude, he is also the bravest on the Rage team meaning he would take risks that no one else would.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

So, the outcome of this Battle Royale for Gunnar Söderberg personally would definitely depend on the environmental factors. If we're talking a Hunger Games scenario where there's a lot of terrain and stuff, Gunnar might stand a chance. He grew up in the frigid frozen north, and would probably survive pretty well if he could sneak around in the snow and leap out of icy trees to take people out. He also spent some time playing in Florida, so he is okay in humidity and swamplands. And if there were wild animals there amongst the terrain he would probably do pretty well because he is a friend to all creatures and could ask the animals to maul people for him. If it was just an empty arena of weapons and death like in Gladiator, though, Gunnar would probably die pretty quickly because he's been in about five fights in his whole life and it's just not his skill set.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .