Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #3 - Pre-Game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 11:20 PM by Hazack.)

Hello and welcome back to the Knightly News! We asked Roboute Guilliman, if he had any pre game music that gets him amped up for the game and we wanted to share them with you! These songs definitely came as a surprise. We had no idea what to expect from Guilliman! So here are the songs and why Guilliman picked them.

1. Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor, "Für Elise" - Ludwig Van Beethoven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4_7LMrtUNY
To quote Guilliman "This song is a masterpiece. The genius mind of Beethoven paints such a beautiful work of art with this song that it inspires me to push my skills on the ice to equal beauty and finesse." 

2. You'll Be Back - The Hamilton Musical  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYr_BdXdpaI
This was quite the odd song to have in here but according to Guilliman this is a popular song amongst his family as a bit of an inside joke due to his father having a lot of power and the joke is this is what he sings to those who attempt to leave from under his rule. 

3. Unstoppable - Foxy Shazam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFt3OqmGSbI
Guilliman claims this should be the teams theme song for the season, unstoppable. 

4. Flight of the Valkyries - Wilhelm Richard Wagner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YOYlgvI1uE&t=239s
Every great leader is required to love this song according to Guilliman. It inspires bravery, confidence, and "gusto" all of which are key attributes needed for the glorious game of Hockey. 

5. I Believe In A Thing Called Love - The Darkness  youtube.com/watch?v=tKjZuykKY1I
According to Guilliman this song hits close to home. While he agrees this is a bit of a weird song to put on here it is one that inspires Guilliman to do the best he can for a girl he once loved that is now gone. 

And there we have it! Guillimans top 5 pre-game songs! Enjoy learning a bit more about this guy as you listen to these songs and maybe they might make it into your pre game list!

[Image: 63526_s.gif]
[Image: pxjucze.png]          [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: wW0VNnL.png]         [Image: vjZu62e.png]

Tunes mean alot to the boys and I while warming up, but especially has a impact up in Maine while we're practicing our best game. Up comes our 5 song, handcrafted playlist to listen to while playing on the rink.

Metallica - Seek and Destroy
My pick, and at that a good way of pumping up the blood as we get out there and start doing our thing; Practice starts out fun with this in queue.

Rage Against The Machine - Bulls on Parade
Really gets you going after the first 15 or so minutes, has dogwoodmaple bashing his head back and forth with everyone else looking on in confusion.

Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness (Aoki Remix)
Helps out with the hangover that most of us have to endure through, guys like krazko and I especially included.

Shaggy - Mr Boombastic
Reminds everyone of why we're here; to play Timber hockey! Explosive shots at net from guys like Stromberg, Ball, and Oscarsson is what Mr Boombastic is all about.

Eminem - Kings Never Die
Finishing off warmups, we keep in mind that no matter the falls and losts we may face during the season, we will always re-conquer, re-establish, and move on as kings in the SMJHL, forever and always.

[Image: wimftXZ.png]

As a Latvian player, I will definitely include Latvian songs in this list, which are energetic.

Song #1 - Gacho - Stampā grīdu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRkgR5Ahnug
The first song is usually Latvian songs that can definitely improve your mood in a few minutes. It is not necessary to understand the words about which the song is sung, the main thing is to feel this rhythm, because the rhythm tells what this song is about. In my opinion, after listening to this song, the mood has definitely improved. Personally, when I listen to this song, I forget other things that I have thought about before and this song helps to set the mood for victory.

Song #2 - Jessie J - Price tag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI
I don't know why this song is on my playlist, but this is definitely not about getting paid after playing a game.

Song #3 - Alex Ovechkin - I don't give up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO96-5bfxD8
This is rap music with a very good rhythm of music. Exactly why is this song on my playlist? good question! Definitely because this song has a good song, as well as this is a motivating song not to give up, it is useful to remember it on the ice. 

Song #4 - Queen - We will rock you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk
This song is very popular with many hockey teams, I have also included it in my playlist, because this song gives an extra dose, extra energy. The rhythm of the song is very familiar and after playing the song the rhythm always stays in the mind for a long time, it gives extra energy to the whole game.

Song #5 - Cosmic gate - exploration of space
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2AvbROl5k 
This song is the last one I played on my playlist, just before I went on the ice, because I think this song is very encouraging and gives more fighting spirit.

When Tomas gets to decide the pre-game music, he likes to feel like he's back home with the following mix of blood-pumping and inspiring classics:
1. Muskler utav stål
2. I hear you calling by Gob
3. Heavy by Collective Soul
4. Heroes by David Bowie
5. Double Nature by Mustasch

It is with great human pleasure feelings that I present to you all the Sardangian Whale Song List of 2020.  Rejoice and revel in it flesh blobs!

1)  Hetero-Sexual Man - The Odds

When I was introduced to my mating partners I knew that I needed a song that would encourage mating.  This was the one I chose because it seemed that most of the mates on the team were hetereosexual humans and it made sense.  I do not have many mating partners singing along with me, but I hope that will one day change.

2) Aliens Exist - blink182

When I discovered this song I felt much human pride for the young offspring boy in the song. He was one of the first to discover that indeed, aliens exist!  I use this as a pre-game song to instill a sense of purpose within my life.

3) Hangar18 - Megadeath

On the opposite end of the money coin there is this song.  I find it quaint and funny. It reminds me of the songs we would sing to our own offspring before they would hibernate. It has a very relaxing tone to it.  It is very humorous to think they evidence could be hidden for very long.

4) Delirium Trigger - Coheed and Cambria

This one brings a tear to one of my eyes every time my audio receptors take it in.  The opening verse reminds me so much of how I ended up on this planet and that I hope to one day return home.

5) Limb from Ling - Motorhead

I am not allowed to dismember mating partners from the other teams and so I listen to this before bed so that I can have sweet dreams about doing so, instead of actually doing it.  I tried getting our mating partners to do the same but they did not find it as enjoyable.

Trees - Manchester Orchestra
This one is here for two reasons. First, the name just screams Maine Timber.  We routinely call ourselves the trees so this song fits perfectly on our playlist.  Second, it's got an awesome guitar intro and is a song that'll get us all fired up before we take the ice.  A really nice mix of heavy guitars without being too metal.

B.O.B. - OutKast
While this one doesn't have anything to do with Maine or trees, it takes me back to my Atlanta roots. It's definitely a song that'll get all us us hyped up before a game and let us get burn off some nervous energy with some (likely bad) dance moves.  Thankfully there are no cameras in the locker room.

My Shot - Hamilton soundtrack
If there's one thing we want to do on offense, it's not wasting our precious opportunities to find the back of the net.  It'll also give us the reinforcement that we have been presented with a wonderful opportunity to compete in the minors and that is something we dare not throw away.  Cherish the moment!

Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
What's more fun than an easily quotable rap song about our home turf?  This is one that all of us on the Timber know and will have no trouble rapping and singing along with the lyrics.  It's fun, clean, and will definitely get us excited about going out and winning on the ice, ice baby.

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows - Brand New
We'll wrap up with another alternative rock song to give us that little bit of an edge before we hit the ice.  It's got it all - heavy guitars, harmonies, and fantastic lyrics.  When we're hitting a lull before the game and need that extra juice to make sure we're sharp before the puck drops, this song is absolutely perfect.

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 11:27 AM by Rev.)

Song #1: Dance Macabre by Camille Saint-Saëns, arranged for solo piano by Franz Liszt
Is there anything more important than the pre-game jam session? For us players over here in Anchorage, music is how we get hyped up to play so well on the ice. Well, that and human growth hormones, but that's not what this point task is about so I'll try to stay on topic. First up, we've got music that's meant to portray the devil himself. Edgy stuff, I know. After the song, I lightly shake a few of my teammates back awake (they must've all had really long nights!) and play the next song.

Song #2: George Gershwin's Piano Concerto in F
If my teammates thought that last song was long, wait until their asses fall asleep halfway through this one! Seriously though, Gershwin slaps. At this point in the pre-game jam session, my Anchorage teammates are probably wondering why I've stolen the aux cord only to play multiple very long pieces of music written by people who have been dead for many many decades. To them, I would have to respond, NEXT SONG

Song #3: Ja Ja Ding Dong
At this point during the pre-game jam session, Gabe has (very rudely, might I add) pushed me out of the way to play his favorite song. Although not everyone in the locker room is a fan of this Icelandic smash hit, at least we can all enjoy the fact that it's under two minutes long.

Song #4: Childish Gambino - Sweatpants
Having ousted Gabe from the locker room thanks to a coup executed by my Armada teammates, the aux cord is firmly back in my hands, and I begin to understand that maybe my teammates don't want to listen to 45 minutes of music written by dead guys. And so, bino enters the picture. He definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea, but with great aux cord comes great responsibility, and I feel I am responsible for helping my teammates discover good music.

Song #5: Kendrick Lamar - Feel
The best song from one of the greatest albums ever made, if you disagree there's no need to @ me, I give you permission to just stay mad about it. Everyone in the LR likes this song (after all, if they don't, their opinion doesn't matter anyway) and we end the jam session on a high note. After the jam session, we play the big game we've all been preparing for. The final score? ANC 12 VAN 0

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora

Here's what comes on when Ruedi Huber is in charge of the music:

Eye of the Tiger- Survivor

This ones an absolute classic pump up song that gets everybody fired up and singing along. It just helps put everybody in a good, light mood and help gets everybody fired up in the locker room while they're getting dressed.

Bull son Parade- Rage Against the Machine

One of my fellow rookies, Basil Sivart's favourites is also one of mine. Another classic pump up song that I know the team really enjoys and really helps "rally the family" (if you know what I mean)

Kendrick Lamar- Backstreet Freestyle

An excellent song to get the energy up and the juices flowing. Kendrick is a genius and this is one of his better songs. Overall, this ones really just switch things up for the teammates that aren't necessarily rock/metal fans, which tend to dominate my playlists

Barbie Girl- Aqua

As we get closer to game time, the energy in the room starts to get a little bit tense. It's time to get focused but also we have to remember to let loose and have fun out there. This song is low key kind of a banger and reminds us all just to have a little fun out there and not take everything too too seriously

Painkiller- Judas Priest

Heavy metal at its finest. There's no more time for screwing around, this song intends to put everyone in the right headspace for game time. It brings intensity so that we can bring the pain on the ice.

When you're the rookie, you're just lucky you get to pick a song at all. So I made sure to pick a song that had gravitas as well as beat.

CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beings
This song has beat it has anger it has drive it has everything you'd want in a pump up song and a goal song. This song is my goal song for a reason. I want the team I score on to know that they just got scored on by the best, by someone who is gonna make their lives hell for the next few seasons. I want them to be quite bitter beings at how bad QCC is messing them up.

Luckiest Man Alive - Annakin Slayd
It started out as being a song we listened to ironically as one of the boys found the song on Letterkenny. But its really grown on us. It's our going onto the ice song. This season has been magical for Quebec City and we truly feel like the luckiest men and women alive when we take the ice.

Revolution - Pennywise
Our win song, because this season has been one where we put the rest of the league on notice. To us, it is our revolution. We are here, we are not going anywhere and we will fight for the honor of our teammates and our city.

Gangster - Tuneyards
A great song to listen to after practice. It's got a great beat and sends a message. Don't mess with us, don't come to Quebec because danger is coming up the way.

When Legends Rise - Godsmack
This season has seen many legends rise on QCC, this song is dedicated to them.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid402143

#1 (ACDC) Hells bells- The first song you have to play to play after getting dressed, even better if the arena plays it going onto the ice.

#2 Hall of fame (The script) I listen to this on the drive to the game, gets your head in the right mood to go out and put your all in

#3 Remember the name (Fort Minor) Use to listen to this when I was a kid playing jr hockey, reminds me of where i'v come from and where i'm headed 

#4 Centuries (Fallout boy) Do I even have to explain this one? Think everyone can agree this one song can turn the game around on intermission 

#5 Lose yourself (Eminem) This song just captures how you feel, the nerves you have in your stomach and the explosive energy you are about to release after the puck drops.

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]

The Boys Are Back - Dropkick Murphy's 
There's nothing better than a quick reminder that the boys are back in the locker room and ready for a win. Once everyone's arrived and we're starting to lace up the skates, I love to throw this one on.
Thunderstruck - AC DC
Certainly a head-banger. Really gets the boys hyped up and everybody already knows what's going down when you hear those first few notes.
Counting Stars - OneRepublic
This is a nice cooldown from the heavy-hitting songs before it. EVERYBODY sings along when this one's on. It's one of my personal favorites on the pre-game playlist. 
Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
There's great meaning behind this song for the boys. This means that no one can hold us back and no one is going to hold us back. Go Crows!
We Are The Champions - Queen
Whether it's this season or the next, we will be the champions and that's that. This is usually the song we play right before we step out onto the ice. It puts us in a great mindset.

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows