Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #3 - Pre-Game Playlist

The 5 songs picked straight from the Crows locker room.

1. Dragonball Durag by Thundercat - This is my choice in the locker room. The song grooves and gets the blood pumping in all the right ways. Plus Thundercat's bass playing is top shelf. If this song doesn't start to get you moving, than there is something wrong with you. I swear while I'm out there playing this song remains in my head and I am humming along to it.

2. The Saints Are Coming by The Skids - The choice of Daryl Urquhart. At first we all looked at him a little funny, but by the 3rd or 4th day of hearing it, we were all behind it. Hell, we even changed the lyrics in the chorus to "The Crows Are Coming" just for fun. Definitely a song to get us all going before a game. Great add by Urq.

3. Crazy Train by Ozzy - Friedensreich Hundertwasser makes this pick. Honestly, it kind of feels like Hundertwasser is actually on a Crazy Train sometimes. He is frequently found in the corner of the locker room yelling "Choo Choo" while pumping his arm like a madman. You should see his face when someone plays a train whistle sound from their phone, guy goes nuts. Definitely a passenger on the Crazy Train.

4. The Boys Are Back by Dropkick Murphys - Hunter Sharpe chimes in with this selection. Let's be honest here, this song is a great pump up song. It hits the nail right on the head in terms of pumping someone up before a game. With the young St Louis team have not been shying away from fights this season and this song may be to blame, or thank.

5. Jaja Ding Dong - Fire Saga - Nobody knows who added this to the playlist. Private detectives have been hired to track down the culprit but to no success. All I know is the song is catchy as hell and I don't want this person to be found. You will catch a handful of us singing along to it before, during, and after a game. No shame there.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

It's Kit's turn to assemble the pre-game playlist for the Scarecrows, and these are their top 5 choices in no particular order:

- In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins is a classic, and the song itself has an adversarial tone that gets you in the combative mood.
- Ante Up by MOP is a must have in any effort to evoke hype!
- California Love by 2pac was an old staple of mine for feeling loose before a game.
- Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit for obvious reasons
- Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue is another classic that is scientifically proven to pump anyone up immediately.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2020, 03:24 PM by Sivart.)

As a rookie, I typically sit back and let the vets play whatever they want. I trust the big guns to pick the tracks. Once it's my turn I'd like to see these songs get into the rotation:
  • Genesis, Justice - Big fan of Justice, a lot of the their tracks could work as a solid locker room pump up music.
  • Move Bitch, Ludacris - My go to angry driving song, perfect to fuel to channel pent up rage.
  • Bulls on Parade, Rage Against The Machine - A great ode to rallying around your team/family and, well, raging. There can be a quiet a few other songs from them on this list.
  • No One Knows, Queen's of the Stone Age - I had to include something from them, this is not an original choice, but no hockey playlist is complete without at least one qotsa track.
  • On GP, Death Grips - Not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but Death Grips has so much raw energy put into every word that you can't help but your head nodding along.

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]

ISFL Affiliate

---

Here is my song list anyway!

1. I've Seen Enough - Cold War Kids
2. Psycho - Muse
3. Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People
4. Jackie and Wilson - Hozier
5. Pedestrian at Best - Courtney Barnett

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

SONGS THAT MAKE ME WANNA BEAT UP A SMALL CHILD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

1. I Dont Like - Chief Keef

A classic at this point, not as aggressive as the next few songs, but you have to build to that. Its wild that this song is almost 10 years old now. This song would make me fight maybe a 12 year old, but you gotta start somewere

2. Hard - Tay - K

Yo Free Tay-K, whats a couple bodies when you got bars. Also the lines "School was very hard" resonates with me, would also make me beat up a 9 year old

3. Break Shit - Jasiah

Another angry song, this song makes you want to cause some real damage and strait up fight someone in 2nd grade

4. Ultimate - Denzel Curry
Denzel goes hard on this song, and would use this energy to also beat up a 5 year old

5.Take a Step Back - Ski Mask The Slump God

Any song that that much base and pure hatred is good enough for my list, would 100% beat up a toddler after listening to this, and if im willing to beat up a toddler, im ready to fight an adult on the ice with NO MERCY

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

1)     Cotton Eye Joe – Rednex. This one just gets the juices flowing. This song brings flashbacks of myself as a kid watching the pros. Every time that song come on over the loudspeakers, my friends would start dancing. It takes me back to the early days, when life was simple and all I knew was the love of the game.
2)     Welcome to the Jungle – Guns N’ Roses. Pretty self-explanatory. This song is about the jungle and I’m on the Timber. If you are unaware a group of Timbers is known as a Jungle. This is an extremely popular one before home games.
3)     B.O.B. (Bombs Over Baghdad) – Outkast. A more modernized version of Cotton Eye Joe. This one bangs a little harder and is something for the younger generation. Some people prefer a drumline to a banjo, so this one is for them.
4)     Kick in the Door – Notorious BIG. This one’s for all the defenders out there. We only want one thing, do bring pain to those flashy speedsters. This song is all about bringing the pain.
5)     Oregon Ducks Fight Song – Artist Unknown. I’ll be honest. No one else like’s this song to get pumped up, but it’s my favorite. It always got me going when I was a mascot, so why would it be any different as a player?

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Muse - Feeling good
A bit of a settler up first on the Scarecrows playlist, a Nina Simone classic rocked up by English rock band Muse. A slow one to start but it builds into a powerful crescendo. It sets the mood well and allows the team to start getting ready without getting the blood pumping too early.

Metallica - Enter Sandman
Second on the list is one of the biggest songs from one of the largest metal bands on the planet. "Exit light, Enter night!"
Stark contrast from Muse, this one is in here to start the mean streak. You can't get into your game head without a bit of metal.

Rage Against the Machine - Bulls On Parade
This rage against the machine song is here for the base line. The team are now taking some time to themselves, thinking about what they need to do come game time, bobbing their heads and getting into the same rhythm.

Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
This one's a bit different, the full song isn't played. Just the first part: "ALLL ABOOOAAAARRRRD muhahaha" *heavy base line*. This let's the team know its ready to get up and go. Final preparations are made, the blood is pumping the team lines up ready.

Ennio Morricone - Ecstasy Of Gold
This is a bit of a departure from the rest of the playlist but it's used as the walk out music. The calm start to the song allows the team to calm and focus on their defined roles. Then as the music hits its peak the light show starts the skaters go get their warm up skate in hearts pounding and haunting music in their heads.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

When Daryl manages to get in early and jump on the sound system before anyone else arrives, he likes to play these bangers:

The Saints Are Coming - Skids This was covered in Nictox’s Scarecrows list further up, but this is one that builds from a slow start to and intense climax, and has a shout-along chorus, changing the word saints to crows works like a charm!

Guerrilla Radio - RATM Just a red-hot, anthem of blast of aggression, to get resident bad-ass Octive ready to fight, again.

Animal Style - Biffy Clyro  A nod to his Scottish heritage (although the come from Adrian Ayers’ neck of the woods, more than Daryl’s), as well as being another balls-out pumper-upper. Brings out the animal in all the crows.

How Did We Get So Dark? - Royal Blood Continuing a theme of British music (bar RATM obvs), this one just has a great rhythm and groove underneath it, and it’s very loud for being 2 people! 

Song 2 - Blur Come on, this is a song everybody knows and can sing along to! Good for firing the team up before going out, can be played as the players enter the ice to fire the crowd up too. And hey, nobody really knows what Damon Albarn is saying in the chorus, so make your own words up!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

While the consensus around the ANC locker room remains "Fuck Gabe", the GM does have a handle on picking a fire pre-game playlist to hype the boys up.

1. Belle Delphine - I'M BACK
The boys in ANC are simps, big ole simps. I'm not knocking on em and don't judge 'em one bit. We're all welcoming and allow simpers and non-simpers to co-exist as one. Opening the playlist with Belle is a good way to get the juices flowing.

2. Kid Cudi - Show Out
The team (for the most part) is a big fan of Cudi's new album. With this easily being the biggest banger on the new album, it's a good follow up to let out some of that pent up frustration after listening to an e-girl hollering.

3. John Denver - Alaska and Me
Alright, time to get serious. We love having fun and goofing off, but we're here and we're here to represent Alaskan hockey. Not a banger by any means, I don't think John Denver's getting anyone hyped up, but it's a good halfway track in the playlist to remind us of where we are in life and what we play for.

4. The Dreadnoughts - Randy Dandy-Oh
No Armada playlist would be complete without a sea shanty. This is the time to sing along with your brothers and get prepared for game time.

5. Alestorm - Fucked with an Anchor
It's game time!!! The final song to wrap up before we hit the ice is a perfect reminder of what we're planning on doing to the opposition once we get out there.

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

The Raptors usually pass the aux cord around for pre-game music game by game to mix things up. When it's Noel's go he usually likes a mix of EDM and classic rock.

Van Halen - Jump
A rock classic. If the opening riff doesn't get you going then I'm not sure what can. Definitely one of Blanchet's favorite's pre-game.

Metallica - Enter Sandman
Yeah, it's super popular and played all the time, but there's a REASON it's played all the time. It's a pump up classic. Because it's so popular Blanchet tries to play it only once in a while to keep it fresh, and it never fails to disappoint.

Fisher - Losing It
Mixing it up with some EDM, this is one of Blanchet's go to's from the electronic genre. It has a nasty fog horn sound that goes off a few times throughout that always gets the boys bouncin.

Cash Cash ft Bebe Rexha - Take Me Home (Chainsmokers Remix)
Another pick from the EDM genre, this one is just a fast-paced upbeat jam with a good bop. The kinda song that makes you feel like you can move 100mph and smash through anything.

Bon Jovi - It's My Life
Blanchet has a bit of a guilty pleasure for Bon Jovi, and this is one of his favorites. Has a real nice guitar riff to get the boys going.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 04:02 PM by MrRuihu.)

1. Kryptonite - 3 doors down
Gerry plays this song all the time, he is the kryptonite to many teams defense and this pumps him up to make big plays.

2. Supermans Dead - Our Lady Peace
Also a Gerry Atrick pick, this just drives home the fact that he's in fact the defensive teams kryptonite.

3. Feel the Shake - Jetboy
This is yet again, another Gerry Atrick Pick, he's a huge fan of the Philadelphia Flyers and loves this goal song, although DOOP is better in his opinion.

4. CrabRave - Noise Storm
Finally another pick, by Mr. Gerry Atrick. This song just pumps everyone up, it goes hard and the video goes even harder, the bass is heavy and the riffs are plucky, this one makes the whole locker room go wild.

5. My heart will go on - Celine Dion
This is the one after a big loss, when you just gotta hit the lockerroom and cry, hard, but you know you and the boys will be ok, 'cause you can go home to your million dollar mcmansion and bang your supermodel significant other.

1. Sinister Kid - The Black Keys - Nice and chill. It’s good start to listen to something less hype and more chill on the way to the game. Don’t make the mistake of getting hyped too early.

2. Anderson .Paak -Bubblin - Alright so now we gotta start to get the hype going. “Don’t I look like a million? I’m bout to clean out the safe” yeah, let’s get it boysssss!

3. Imagine Dragons- Literally any song - We all know that the only reason this is playing is because Boom and Shuff get access to the playlist however their access is actively being revoked as we speak. This gets the juices flowing. All the boys are just fuming that they have to listen to this shit (except Boom, Shuff, and Ark). Can someone please change it??

4. Dance Gavin Dance - Jesus H Macy - This song rotates from time to time to pretty much any “Swancore” song, but this one’s definitely a banger that is perfect as a pre game hype song.

5. Volbeat - Warriors Call - A song originally created for a UFC fighter, still applies here as we get ready to put it all out on the ice.

Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time   If this doesn't do the job of a pregame warm up song I don't know what will. It gets everybody pumped up and is great for team bonding.
Bobby Brown - My Prerogative    This fits the 80s theme and will also remind us to go all out to beat our opponents. This game will go the way we decide and you can't stop us.
The Gap Band - You dropped on me    It's annoying that this isn't our goal song already. I will convince management to make it our song or I will die trying
Michael Jackson - Smooth criminal     This list would make absolutely zero sense with no MJ. This is the perfect song for our team and describes our play style to the tee.
The Toadies - Possum Kingdom   This in absolutely no way goes with the rest of the songs but it's stuck in my head and is pretty freaking dope. I think we could make it work.

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 06:24 AM by .simo.)

1. Horses | Darryl Braithwaite - We have to start always with a couple of songs that bring the whole team together as we start getting strapped and putting our gear on. We go for two songs straight up that everyone just can't help but join in singing and feels great to all get in doing something together.

2. You're the Voice | John Farnham - Similar reason as stated above. Both of these songs really bring the team together as we start arriving into the locker room for gameday.

3. Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!! | Vengaboys - This one while also being a great sing along isn't so much in the playlist for that reason. We wanted something here to start to get up and moving to and this banger by the Vengaboys does exactly that while transitioning us to the next theme of our last two songs.

4. Remember the Name | Fort Minor - Get pumped, get psyched. That is what we are going for with the last two songs. Everyone who has ever seen a youtube highlights video knows there is a good chance this song is the backing. This is the beginning of our build to game time.

5. Through the Fire and Flames | Dragonforce - This is the last thing we listen to. We put this on 15 minutes before the game starts because the song somehow goes that long. At this point it is shut up and focus time. No chit chat. Just think about your game and zone in while getting pumped the fuck up as it builds to a perfect place to run out and smash people.

[Image: hopoate.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 10:51 AM by DannyC.)

12-14-2020, 02:12 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
#Killowna has a mega playlist dating back to the S30's when coach's EJ and Jenny would turn on the juke box and throw Harry Belafonte on repeat. But #A-Rye watches video's.. especially ones that ran around the SHL as he was growing up. So this is my contribution to the Knights playlist.

Meek Mill - Monster
Richard LaFleur does the worm every time this song comes up. dudes got talent!

Queen - Dont stop me now
Danny C and Gerry Atrick had a sing off with this one. both have beautiful voices. Heart

DaBaby - Babysitter
This is Anna Pontecorvo's jam!.. she claims to have her babysitting certificate of completion.

Tupac - Ambitionz
As a pre game ritual, Cian McFelter listens to Ambitionz while eating crab cakes.
In full transparency ive tasted them and they are #delicious.

*Bonus track*
Boston - Peace of Mind
This pumps Teddy Park up! i the captain prepares for games with this on. #leadership

https://vimeo.com/480653407

PBE Gonna have to agree with #A-Rye though

Adding a bonus bonus track, Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey but only after a win

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]