Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #3 - Pre-Game Playlist

[Image: catJAM.gif] [Image: catJAM.gif] [Image: catJAM.gif]

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.

Task

Make a list of 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist.

Reward

2 TPE for doing the thing & 2 additional TPE if you either elaborate on your list (explain who picks the song, how the team reacts, etc.), or make a graphic of your choices, for a possible total of 4 TPE.

Only S57 SMJHL Rookies (S58 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for Welfare claims.

Deadline: Sunday December 20th @ 11:59pm Eastern

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Ah, music. I shall do this one quickly since it's a good prompt.

1. Kingslayer - BMTH

There's no better way to start off the playlist than with an absolute banger. Kingslayer gets us bopping, and the tempo gets us hyped up and ready to break through a brick wall.

2. This Is Not Hollywood - Ghostkid

Gotta follow up a banger with a heavier banger. This song has one of my favorite breakdowns in a grunge metal song, and it's a mix of rap and punk metal which appeases all types of music lovers in the LR.

3. Seek & Destroy - Metallica

A classic that epitomizes what we want to do on the ice. Nothing gets you more fired up than this rock favorite. After the first two bangers, this one gets the mind juices flowing once they've been activated by the first two songs.

4. Renegade - Styx

As a Steelers fan, Renegade is one of my favorite songs. It's played whenever the defense needs a huge stop, and it literally feeds the entire stadium energy. It's what we need before a game.

5. Welcome to the Party - Diplo

Gotta start walking out to this party bop. The hype is here, and you gotta peak with a song that's perfect for an intro. For the superhero fans, think of yourself as Deadpool ready to kick some major ass. It's a fucking hype song.

Anyways, that is my playlist that I force the team to use. They hate it, but I enjoy it.

1. Superman - Goldfinger - First up is a great upbeat, energetic song selected by Ole Olson. It has a driving beat to help amp up the energy and get the team moving.
2. Muskler Utav Stål - Luleå Hockey -  After getting the blood pumping, it's time to get the team motivated with a Swedish hockey anthem from Tomas Lind. A great song to sing along to.
3. Drain the Blood - The Distillers Finn von Murphenstein's pick is up next; another driving song to keep the energy going. Murphenstein's also got a thing for the lead singer, maybe.
4. What's New Pussycat? - Tom Jones Golden Face brings us back to the 60s with an oldies classic. It's a passionate song that the entire team gets into it treating it like a team wide karaoke break.
5. Release the Kraken - Neowx Part 1 Part 2 - Last up is an electronic hype song to get the players focused and in the mood for puck drop.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

1. Aerodynamic by Daft Punk – this song is used as the team comes out of the tunnel and it starts off with bells to help build the hype and the song is as aerodynamic as the falcon itself

2. Don’t Hold Back by The Sleeping – true to how the team plays itself, this song is played in the locker room right before the players come out. No one on this team holds back. If they do, right to the bench.

3. Cocaine by FIDLAR – some players used to have a drug problem, so instead of drugs itself, we now just give them this song. Usually played in the bathroom on repeat.

4. Bring Em Out by T.I. – the team uses this song right after we go over the opponents. The team gets so hyped that they want to bash skulls right then, so this keeps everyone at bay for a few minutes at least

5. Fly by Sugar Ray – we wouldn’t be a sky high soaring team without a little Sugar Ray. No matter your music preference, everyone can jive to this song to center themselves before a big game

[Image: dolffs58_gold.png]

Falcons Detroit Falcons: S57 - S59

The QCC pregame playlist (when Mew Two is on aux) is as follows 
Pokemon Theme Song - This was popular at first due to the novelty but everyone groans when it comes on now, Especially the European players who didn't grow up watching pokemon. 

Soviet National Anthem -  This song gets the blood pumping; Mew Two feels ready to skate through a wall after hearing this, and much of QCC feels the same way. Jst Maro especially is motivated by this song

Dreams and Nightmares - Mew Two, as a huge Eagles fan, loves this song! when the beat drops all of QCC knows it's go time. Goalies Mat Smith and Tyler Ward had choreographed a dance to this song as a warm-up. 

Living on a Prayer - Mew Two accidentally hit shuffle one pre-game and this played. The team jams out to this song, highlighted by Bjorn Jakobsson using his stick as a prop for the guitar solo. 

Game of Thrones Theme Song - This song gets everyone ready to fight because they're pissed at how badly the show's ending was. The rage that the collective team feels when hearing this song is the reason they're first place in the SMJHL right now.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2020, 04:13 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

#Killowna has a mega playlist dating back to the S30's when coach's EJ and Jenny would turn on the juke box and throw Harry Belafonte on repeat. But #A-Rye watches video's.. especially ones that ran around the SHL as he was growing up. So this is my contribution to the Knights playlist.

Meek Mill - Monster
Richard LaFleur does the worm every time this song comes up. dudes got talent!

Queen - Dont stop me now
Danny C and Gerry Atrick had a sing off with this one. both have beautiful voices. Heart

DaBaby - Babysitter
This is Anna Pontecorvo's jam!.. she claims to have her babysitting certificate of completion.

Tupac - Ambitionz
As a pre game ritual, Cian McFelter listens to Ambitionz while eating crab cakes.
In full transparency ive tasted them and they are #delicious.

*Bonus track*
Boston - Peace of Mind
This pumps Teddy Park up! i the captain prepares for games with this on. #leadership

https://vimeo.com/480653407

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

NSFL Affiliate Post

[Image: BTHxZUB.png]

It's a couple of hours until gameday, and we all know what that means... In just 30 short minutes, our GM, Gabe Johnson, is going to call us all into the dressing room for some "musical motivation". Another game of Anchorage Armada hockey, another playthrough of this 5 song playlist, curated especially for us. We'll walk in and be greeted by Gabe, standing in the same place, with the same boombox next to him and he'll begin his speech:

"Well boys, another big game today. Back in my day hard work was it's own motivator, but I guess kids these days need something more." We found ourselves being berated for some reason. "But I digress. Let's get some music up to get the spirits pumping!" He screamed to mild applause. "Now I know I'm just an old man, but I can still find time for some humor..." he trailed off as he pressed play and the locker room filled with the sounds of...

1. The Lonely Island- I'm on a Boat
Some more chuckles after hearing the opening few notes. The polite kind of chuckles, mind you, not the actual kind. Maybe once upon a time they were the actual kind, but now with this being our 23rd game, and thus our 23rd time doing this, we've grown accustomed to it. As I looked around my eyes fell upon Matthew Sawful. He looked dead inside. I know Johnson is a new GM, but maybe he learned this from his predecessor? That would explain the look in his eyes, the look of a man who has been through this exact situation upwards of 200 times. I shuddered to myself as the song faded out and into...

2. The Village People- In the Navy
Ha, get it. Armada. Navy. It's funny in the "only if you don't think about it for more than four-tenths of a second" kind of way. By this time it was clear there was a theme to our playlist. But we couldn't deny that it was an interesting way to pump us up.

3. Dropkick Murphys- I'm Shipping Up to Boston
The next song kicks on, and suddenly the locker room seems livelier than it had been. What was just a bit more energy than we had shown quickly devolves into yelling, screaming, and shoving. Shouts can be heard all around the locker room. "This song is about pirates! We're not the Pirates, or even the Corsairs!" "An Armada is a fleet of naval ships!" "No, it's just a fleet of warships, read a fucking book!" "Are pirate ships really warships though?"

4. Senses Fail- Rum is for Drinking, Not for Burning
Another song kicks on and it's another pirate themed song. Fists start flying. The shouting gets even angrier. "We're not pirates! Pirates are the scourge of the seas! If anything an Armada would be sent to deal with pirates!" "First of all, fuck you, secondly, even if that were true, what other song would you want us to use? It's not my fault that pirates are cooler to sing about than seamen!" "We're not semen!"

5. The Beatles- Yellow Submarine
Ringo Starr's jovial vocals pull us out of our melee, and we relax. Until Igor Victory (why it's always Igor, I'll never know) asks an innocent enough question: "Is an Armada just a fleet of ships, or do submarines count as well?". For just a second silence, sans the radio. The next moment, hands are around necks, screams drown out the music "Submarines are not technically part of an armada!" "You think of 5 songs about boats then! And by the way, pirate ships don't count!" "We're back on that again, are we?" The song fades out and we're done. Faces are bloodied. Instead of bringing us together as a team, these last 15 or so minutes have just seen us yelling at each other, and punching one another in the face.

So in a way, congrats Gabe, you got us 100% prepared for a hockey game.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

The Falcons pre-game playlist was made by team members submitting their own songs. I am going to list 5 of the songs from the list and who submitted them:

1. Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Of > Submitted by Luc Blouin, this is a classic pump you up sorta song and Blouin is a big fan of punk style music, so it's right up his alley.

2. Spice Girls - Wannabe > Submitted by Kermit Murphy, originally we all thought that Kermit submitted this song as a joke, but after seeing him dance every time it comes on I can say that this may actually be Murph's favorite song.

3. Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe > Submitted by Jonathan Granström, I had no idea this song was swedish until Jonathan added it to the playlist, now he has to point out every time it plays that the band is from Sweden and they tried to sell themselves on ebay or something? Weird...

4. Doja Cat - Say So > Submitted by Pavel Jeziak, I'm pretty sure Pavel was trying to contribute to "the cause" with this one, nice try but Doja Cat is a liar.

5. Drake - Toosie Slide > Submitted by Čeněk Iqbal, Iqbal is a huge drake fan, to the point of being awkward, the guy can't shut up about Drake, I think he stopped training to be a better hockey player because he secretly wants to follow Drake around as a groupie instead.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2020, 01:37 PM by Jonny Tsunami.)

This is my own personal pre-game playlist. Captain Oscarsson has the official playlist for the pre-game warmups. 

Kolohe Kai - Good Morning Hawaii 
I love taking pre-game naps, and this is the song that wakes me up and the pre-game playlist starts promptly afterwards. As a surfer from Hawaii, Kolohe Kai is one of my groups and I used to surf with the lead singer daily.    

Ice Cube - It was a Good Day
Whenever I hear this song on the radio, I have a good day. Had to put this on the pre-game playlist to get me feeling positive about the day and the game. 

Waka Flocka Flame - Hard in the Paint 
Changing gears. This song is in my rotation 2-3 times in the Pre-Game Playlist. My game is predicated on getting in the paint (near the crease) and causing havoc and scoring goals. This gets me F'in HYPED. 

Pitbull Ft. Ke$ha- Timber
Best goal scoring song in the J. I listen to this right before I head on the ice, because this is what I want to hear multiple times during every home game.   

Triple H - The Game Entrance Music
Before Pregame warmups on ice, I have my headphones on and I skate onto the ice while listening to this song. I circle my team's side of the rink two times, go to the bench, take a swig of water, and raise my arms up, spit it out and yell out just like Triple H does. It's GAME TIME LETS GET THIS DUB.

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

Since arriving in Anchorage - the Bean has taken over the locker-room by storm. Not only is he the first rookie alternate captain but the official locker-room DJ.

SONG #1

Title: Glizzy Glizzy on My Mind
Artist: Unknown
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZzk1OAmzIM

Why: This one doesn't really get the boys fired up but we play this one for Gabe so he will leave us alone. The second the glizzy songs come on Gabe just starts dancing and eating his pocket glizzies. This helps the team focus on their pre-game ritual while now having to deal with Gabe.

SONG #2

Title: Beans the Magical Fruit
Artist: Unknown
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEEuzUGEWws

Why: This one is a personal favourite for Bean when he is getting ready. This one helps Bean become motivated as he wants to be the official Bean of Canada soon. At first the boys in the locker-room didn't like it but eventually they all got on board and sing along. This is probably a new Anchorage tradition. 

SONG #3

Title: 4 DA TRAP
Artist 645AR
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kn0V5mpJe4

Why: This one reminds Bean of his home province of Ontario. 645AR is a local Toronto artist who is still underground and under-appreciated. The boys still don't understand this one but they put up with it. One day, when they understand the lyrics, the will understand.

SONG #4

Title: E-Girls Are Ruining My Life
Artist: Corpse
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5d4SJv2d6M&t=23s

Why: When the boys need to toughen up and score some top shelf rockets - Bean turns this on and it always works. The boys in Anchorage are kind of addicted to Tiktok and the e-girls that are one there. So it gets their blood going and the other team is in trouble.

SONG #5

Title: Baby One More Time
Artist: Britney Spears
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4

Why: This is throwback that some of the zoomers don't really understand but they still get it. When we need one more goal to either win or tie the game this comes on and gets the blood running. Britney Spears is a fashion, music, and hockey icon. This one... always works.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 08:11 PM by Kierkan.)

When LaFleur is in charge of the tunes, he always starts it off with Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley. The boys thought it was funny the first time...luckily LaFleur still thinks it's hilarious.

Following it up with one of the quintessential hockey songs, The Kids Aren't Alright by The Offspring. Just an absolute banger, and LaFleur sings the entire intro riff...much to the chagrin of the entire locker room.

Whenever Izzy gets his hands on the aux on a certain day of the week, he always blasts Friday by Rebecca Black. None of the team really says anything, but I know we all silently resent him for it.

Whenever we're at practice and mucking around, Links 2 3 4 by Rammstein always finds it way onto the speakers in the arena. We're not sure who is actually putting it on, but there's no better song to slapshot to.

Gerry Atrick always slips on Tribute by Tenacious D. He insists it's NOT the greatest song in the world, it's just a tribute. We get it, Gerry.

Pre Game playlists are important in the Kraken locker room. The hype is real before a game and with so much young blood in the team, it's important to bring them into line with the teams' direction. So there is no general team playlist, but the players are responsible for the hype songs before the game and are rotating responsibility to select the songs. So when Finn von Murphenstein does it he usually has the same cornerpieces but rotates through the middle of the playlist to keep it interesting for everyone. This is a look into a general playlist from one of the recent games.

01. Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
While not the "hypiest" of songs, it is important to transport identity. And no matter if you are 8 or 80 years old, when the chorus on Sweet Caroline kicks in I can assure you that your hands are up in the air and you are screaming the lyrics to this song no matter how you feel about it.

02. Falco - Vienna Calling
Finn loves to tell people about his heritage and loves to teach people about the greatness that is Falco, an Austrian pop star from the 80s and the 90s who had a little bit of international success with "Rock me Amadeus" and "The Commissar". Although Finn always thinks it is way more fitting to play "Vienna Calling" since he is from Vienna and gets him hyped immensely.

03. Scooter - How Much Is The Fish?
This is self-explanatory if you listen to it. HP Baxxter - frontman of Scooter - is a hype machine by himself. And if you mix that up with the glorious lyrics, stolen melody and heavy beats of the early 2000s euro-techno-trash you have a hype-anthem that is one of the best you have ever heard.

04. Blur - Song 2
Before we move into the last pre-game song the team needs a banger that everyone can yell and sing along with. There is nothing better for this than the rock 'n roll anthem that has followed sports since it's inception in the late 90s with Blurs' Song 2. At least by the first Wooo-Hooo everyone is on their skates jumping around the locker and screams what they think are the lyrics but is probably some gibberish. Does it matter? No. Are you hyped? Yes.

05. Kaizers Orchestra - Ompa Til Du Dør
The last song in the playlist usually is the most fluid one that changes from game to game to take circumstances like best player in the last game or someone who has to be especially hyped up this game or this weeks' opponent into account. This game from where this playlist is pulled from had the ultimate need to hype up Norwegian teammate Ole Olson (@Amidships) with a song from his home country. With the alt-rock anthem "Ompa Til Du Dør" (Dance til you drop) it hypes up everyone while you don't even need to speak the language.

With this playlist, everyone is hyped and wants to give their best for the upcoming game. Some say Finn von Murphenstein may be the best Hype-DJ in existence, and while he himself would never say something like that you can be sure he is hyped to oblivion.

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

1. Down With The Sickness - Disturbed - It's a Covid impacted season here in the juniors. We got some clowns running the head office in Ham & Juke. They seem to think it was a funny idea to add this to our pre-game playlist to remind us that we're not allowed to contract the virus.

2. Drowning Pool - Bodies - Souppan loves to lay the lumber, and this hardcore classic really gets the team in the mood to go out there and cause some mayhem.

3. Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphy's - I've convinced the boys to let me have a little Boston flavor in the lineup for pre-game. Kickz is a bigtime Boston homer and it gets him ready for the game. Some of our non-North American players don't get the deal with this.

4. Wayne Gretzky - Goldfinger - Well, he'll never be Wayne, but Dwayne Gretzky sure knows where his allegiance lies. We make sure to have this near the end of our playlist to really keep the guys loose and firing on all cylinders.

5. Where I Belong - Simple Plan & State Champs - This one is more of a team effort. As a crew of rookies, we've come together and felt like we can really enjoy the company of our group in Newfoundland. We've found the spot we belong in junies. GM Juke also loves this one

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig