Create Account

S57 PT #4 - Rivalry Week
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 12:40 AM by Sopath.)

I feel like the biggest rivalry for Newfoundland is Carolina. Both teams function very similarly. Great front offices with incredible scouting departments. Both have some of the most active locker rooms in all of the SHL. I think that it is because they are so similar that a rivalry began to brew. There are also distinct cultural differences that only further flame the fires of the rivalry between the two teams. Whenever we play one another I know that there is tons of excitement in the prospect of beating Carolina. Both have been very good at the same time but this year Newfoundland has fallen off a bit. In time that will all change however. When both teams are good again like they were in S54 and S55, the SMJHL will be once again dominated by these two very similar teams. I look forward to that moment.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Biggest rival for Vancouver is without a doubt the Kelowna Knights. Both teams are basically charter members of the SMJHL, and are tied for first place overall in total championships with 11 each. While the past few seasons have usually featured one team with a lot more points than another or an unbalanced season series (like the time we went 1-6 against them in S55), it's always a tough fight in the division and the games can be really close. The rivalry did get a bit of a twist when Vancouver traded for rental forwards Rotticus Scott and Simon Takshak and then won the Cup with them. Another big rival is the Anchorage Armada. Especially with ex-Whalers advisor (and briefly co-GM) Gabe being their new head and running a divisional rival, sparks can definitely fly between these two teams. There's no love lost between any of the teams in the Northwest Division, and those divisional games always have a little extra to them.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 12:41 AM by Zombiewolf.)

As a member of the Buffalo Stampede, Jaska Seppälä, believes we have many rivals and it’s tough to figure out who is the biggest of those rivals. Within our division we have the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Chicago Syndicate who we’ve battled out for so long for top three of the division. Really the best three teams in the eastern conference. No one really else in the division compares to them and are insignificant. We have faced Hamilton so many times in the playoffs and have won and lost so many times it is kind of sickening which Chicago has developed into a strong team. On the west we have the New Orleans Specters who are probably my biggest rival considering the history between us. We have faced them and beaten them in the playoffs and they have for sure been our toughest opponent. I would say NOLA is our biggest rival

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Over the years there's no question that the Edmonton Blizzard have become the biggest rival of the Calgary Dragons. We've had many regular season division battles and playoff wars over the years. Each organization holds 8 championships which is tied for the most in the league and it's the battle of Alberta so there's a natural rivalry and hatred there. We respect the people in Edmonton, there's some good guys over there but we hate the team and there's nobody else we want to beat more than Edmonton. Anytime we see their name on the schedule we circle it and put a knife next to it because we always aim for at least 1 decapitation per game when we play the blizzard. Honestly we hope their tiny balls freeze on the ice and fall off so we can slap shot them into the boards and they explode into dust. Our fans love to boo them and there's always fights in the stands during home games for each team when we play. It's a great rivalry and I think is the best one in the league for the reasons above and probably some others I'm forgetting. Go Dragons!!

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

It would be a surprise to no one to find out that the stoic left defender Farley Hank cares little of his opponents in front of him, instead focusing on what he himself has to accomplish over the course of game or the season. Though even he would admit that playing against the Quebec City Citadelles is a completely different story. There is simply just something about how they play and their players behind their strategies that gets under Farley Hanks skin. And it can be shown just blatantly from Hank's stats of the season, focusing more towards every game against Quebec. And looking purely statistically there is no denying the trend that Hank hasn't exactly had his best outings against them. In every single one of stats, besides hits ironically, Hank has preformed significant worse against he Canadian team vs all others in the league. Though in preparation of the playoffs, Hank will certainly need to get his act together

Everyone can attest that the Maine Timber's arch rivals are clearly the Carolina Kraken. We have a long and undocumented history of unaired grievances against these dixie-dogs, and their felonious stealing of games. They are a sinister group who clearly hate trees. Rumour has it that in recent weeks they have been seen promoting the unlicensedd logging of protected forests, and salting the earth with their salty tentacles. Environmental concerns aside, for some reason the Timber just can't seem to win in key games against the Kraken, often finding playoff defeat through them. New goalie Bigga Foryu was brought in specifically due to his heritage and knowledge of aquatic hunting, known as one of the finest calamari purveyors in all of Japan. I think I can speak for all of north east states that we sincerely hope S58 to be the downfall of the kraken, and the rise of the tree. Go Maine.

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]