Create Account

HIRED: SMJHL Award Committee Members
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 03:22 PM by hhh81.)

Hey all,

Another season done, and as we step into the 66-game era, several more committee veterans have departed! Thank you to @charlieconway @lespoils and @Mutedfaith for their seasons on the team, and congrats on your next steps on your SHL journeys. Charlie was the last standing member of that first squad I hired for this committee, and his work on the GM tracking stats will be missed. Muted has been a good voice in his few seasons, and I wish him well as he continues as Co-GM in Detroit. JURT, you're gonna do great things running the All Star Committee!

This means we have at least 3 positions open for this season! The SMJHL Awards Committee Members are expected to submit a complete and timely awards ballot each season while also actively participating in conversations about awards before and during voting. Pay is $2.5 million per season.

Applications will be open until Tuesday, December 29 at 11:59pm CDT. Please PM me (preferably on Discord) with answers to the following questions!

Code:
1. Why do you want to be on the SMJHL Awards committee?
2. As we enter the new 66-game era, what ideas, if any, do you have regarding improving awards committee moving forward?
3. The awards committee holds a good amount of power in recognizing and awarding outstanding players. How would you go about remaining fair and impartial in completing your awards committee duties?
4. How closely do you follow the SMJHL right now?
5. Review the following two stat lines. Tell me who you think should win the Brandon Holmes (Best Defensive Forward) award and justify your selection.
A: 6 G, 19 A, +3, 2 PIM, 48 hits, 24 Giveaways, 26 Takeaways, 63 SB, 66 GR, 17:36 TOI, 2:35 SHTOI, 98.0 PDO, 2.4 GA/60, SA/60 23.1, 58.2 CF%, 59.3 FF%
B: 2 G, 17 A, +17, 42 PIM, 117 hits, 23 Giveaways, 24 Takeaways, 29 SB, 61 DGR, 16:36 TOI, 2:09 SHTOI, 99.6 PDO, 1.9 GA/60, 20.6 SA/60, 62.7 CF%, 62.5 FF%
6. Anything else you'd like for me to know

Let me know if you have any questions! My Discord is hhh81#1323, and I'm usually on there (even when I shouldn't be). I'm off the entirety of the next two weeks from work and can't travel to see family, so I'll be here constantly to answer questions! Smile

Preference will be given to newer users without a lot of other jobs.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Bump! Still plenty of time

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Hi all! Still accepting applications, please apply!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Today was the planned last day for applications. I haven't gotten a ton of apps yet, and with the holidays I'm going to extend applications another few days.

Please get your applications for SMJHL Award Committee in by 11:59pm on Tuesday, December 29.

xoxo

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Bump, darn you Jepox

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

APPLY ALREADY Smile

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

applied

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Thanks to all who applied. In the end, I've hired @bluesfan55 @BloomeyGB and @JaytheGreat to join the team. Congrats to them!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors