S57 SMJHL PT #4 - OT6

I would pick
Center – Ric Charlesworth
Center- Dogwood Maple
RW/Center – Igor Petrov
LW – David S. Pumpkin
Defender Rovolio Clocksberg Jr.
Right Wing – Golden Face (ME)
This may be a great example of why they would never let me build a team. But I’m not going to play your standard hockey. We are pulling the goalie 100% of time and going almost full offense. If you want to win games you have to score points and by me putting this excellent team together there will be no shortage of points. I’m not worried about on the ice chemistry between players or how we’ll get along because we all know that winning is the driving motivation and if you’re winning it will solve a ton of your problems. My assumption is that by the end of the season this line up would have a +200 plus/minus and have still given up less than 100 total goals on the season. Rovolio might be enough to carry the D single handedly.

Center - Noel Blanchet
Left Wing - 'Long' John Donair
Right Wing - Mew Two
Left Defense - Mikhael Petrov
Right Defense - Rikard Bjerg
Goalie - Jon St. Ark

I tried to go with folks from different teams, but I think overall this is a pretty solid unit. Blanchet being a pass first center has a shooter on each flank. Long John Donair being last seasons top goal scorer with a pretty darn cool name to boot. Mew Two is a super powerful pokemon and turns out isn't too bad at hockey either. On Defense we have the Russian Mikhael Petrov who Blanchet would love to play with as their families are close friends. Bjerg would be the defensive rock the squad needs and is known to be an all around great guy. Backstopping the team is championship winning goaltender Jon St. Ark who took his Vancouver Whalers to a championship in just his first season, so it's an easy choice to have him on the squad.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Alright, first would be Eoin Byrne. I know the scrub from the VHL so we'd get along well, plus he's a center so he can feed me the puck. Let me snipe all day long. 

Second would be Robert Ales from Detroit. Homeboy is shooting 45% and has 5 goals, so obviously I want this dude on the lineup. Sends lasers across the ice and we'd dominate.

Third would be Liam Slate because we used to be teammates, and then Juke fucked up and sent him away. If I was playing with him again, we'd be so much better. So the chemistry is already there, and we'd just be vibing on the ice.

Fourth would be Johnny Shuffleboard on Vancouver for the sole reason that he's such a defensive liability, we can blame every goal scored on us on him. Because he has the worst +/- in the league and is unfortunately, the easiest scapegoat for a goal against.

Last would be Leon Schweingruber simply because we need another Leon on the squad. I have no clue who is he or what he's like, but he's a Leon so that should be enough.

Overall, this group will probably suck ass since we already do on our own lol. Nothing crazy is going to change, but at least we'll have some fun doing it.

LW Gerry Atrick
C Ako Zile
RW Devin Basher
LD A-Rye Izzy
RD Luc Blouin
G Kit Kirkstone

Honestly I've pulled most of this team out of my backside, I tried to find players around the smjhl where I get along well with them and would want to play with them, there are a lot on Detroit but it was tricky to find some from other teams. Grapehead (Kirkstone) was one of the GMs when I first joined the league and we talked a fair bit. Izzy was part of my first draft class then again is part of this draft class with me. Han (basher) has been a great friend and someone I bounce graphic ideas off of all the time, so he'd have to be there. Of course I have myself playing right D and I had to put Izzy on left D, his off side.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid404096 ISFL affiliate

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora

My All-Rookie lineup would consist of the following players:

LW: Tomas Lind Kraken
C: Noel Blanchet Raptors - A rookie playmaker from the Raptors
RW: Pavel Jeziak Falcons - A winger with a scoring touch
LD: Bjørn Jakobsen Citadelles - Voted into the All-Star team as a rookie, scoring 11 goals during the first 49 games.
RD: Jean-Locke Zidane Scarecrows - Another rookie who has gotten off to a great start, being one of the top hitters in the league.
G: Kit Kirkstone Scarecrows - A rookie that already has shown he is meant to play at this level, ranking in the top 10 in GR and posting a 0.910 save percentage in 13 games played.

Because advanced stats are cool, I'm going to play with the Corsi all-star team. Unfortunately, with myself at LD, I'll have to remove the top Corsi-er in the league currently: Teylora Petrov of the Quebec City Citadelles:

LW - Lemo Pihl - Anchorage - CF% 64.5
C - Vladmir Petrov - Anchorage - CF% 63.9
RW - Tokkulu Lakkamaa - Anchorage - CF% 64.8
LD - Shion Okamoto - Newfoundland - CF% 40.0
RD - Jasper Maximov - Quebec City - CF% 65.2

This lineup would dominate in puck possession every night. Anchorage has great puck possession forwards, while Quebec City seems to dominate puck possession with their defensemen. However, I'd suggest never passing to myself due to my absolutely horrible puck possession stats. I would probably be the kind of player I would yell at while watching a game due to my huge amount of giveaways. It's clear to see Anchorage and Quebec City's strength in this department and it's something that I would like to improve on and emulate.

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

LW- Ruedi Huber
C- Walton Stromberg
RW- KnockedOut ByOvechkin
LD- Michael Withecheck
RD- Jesper Maximov
G- Chimkin Tendy

The goal here was simple, surround myself with the best playmakers possible at all the respective positions so I can score as many goals as possible. With this line-up, we have a combined 126 assists while only having scored 34 goals (not including Huber's stats), meaning I'll be set up to pot as many goals as possible. That means 79% of the other four skaters in this line-ups points have come from assists. I've registered 8 goals with just 4 assists this season (sorry Raptors teammates.) With this squad, I have no doubt I'm scoring at least 30. Chimkin Tendy is there to give us the best goaltending possible, hopefully that can help inflate our +/- as well and help us stand a better chance of winning games.

151 words

I know I'd want to play with the best group of prospects around, Seattle Argonauts prospects!

@grok and I play the same position so he's cut.

Wing: @ztevans - Zdenko Beranek - a supremely skilled wizard with the puck, Beranek can shoot and dish the puck like few others in the J.
Wing: @bdu754 - Vaseline Podcalzone - another skill r winger, Podcalzone has some bite in his game that would mesh nicely with my style of play and is great at getting pucks at the net where I'll be waiting.
Other wing: if the goalie is pulled, you better believe we're gonna have @Salming (William Salming) out there as well. He owns the puck possession wise with incredible two way play and facilitates good puck movement with excellent passing.
Defense: RESO @ProjectSaint is on deck. A toolsy dman with a lot of upside, he covers our asses while getting us the puck.

Goalie: @Demolish - Yanno Rosejac is an absolute stud in net and we'd be able to operate knowing we were safe to trade chances offensively with him behind us

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 09:25 PM by Vandy.)

So the fantasy lineup I went with, including myself is the following:

C - Me
LW - David S Pumpkins (ANC)
RW - Juni Panda (COL)
LD - Matty David (STL)
RD - Jean-Locke Zidane (STL)

Now I know what you're thinking, boy that is one eclectic group. Well of course it is. We all have one thing in common. All of our names have the letter D in them. We are quite literally the D squad. We've got one of the leading scorers in Panda who plays for the Raptors, cool team with a cool name that I hope we beat in the playoffs. We've got Pumpkins, whose last name happens to be the same as my favorite fall treat in both pie and spice form. We've got a pair of top quality St. Louis Defenders in Davis and Zidane who are adept at scoring and assisting though not being on the ice for a good thing (Zidane's +/- oof) but still...this is one great group that I wouldn't mind playing with and I think we'd get along really well.

You could name us team BDE or something like that.

The following is my fantasy lineup that includes me on it!

C - Dogwood Maple (MET)
LW - Hunter Sharpe (STL)
RW - Mew Two (QCC)
LD - Ole Olson (CAR)
RD - Luc Blouin (DET)
G - Jon St. Ark (VAN)

Here's the lineup! Although this may not be the strongest lineup of skaters out there, there's a commonality between all of them. They are all, aside from Jon, S57 SMJHL rookies. All of them are out there on the ice for their very first season in the SMJHL! Although they are still developing their games and skills, they most certainly do have the motivation and determination to give it their all whether it's on the ice or off the ice. My reasoning behind the goaltender is that he can certainly be a role model for his linemates. Being the defending cup winner, he's seen pretty much all there is to see in terms of the levels of stress and the overall challenge of the playoffs that the rookies haven't gotten the chance to experience quite yet. He'll certainly be able to rub off on them in a positive way and hopefully can turn them into the next superstars that the SHL will eventually be graced with. This line of players has the utmost potential as they all prepare for their successful careers ahead of them.

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows 

C - David S Pumpkins
LW - Friedenreich Hundertwasser
RW - Mew Two
LD -  Zayne Rotzbua 
RD - Finn Von Murphenstein
G - Tyler Ward
This is a group of guys who grew up playing youth hockey together so I have no doubt we would dominate the Juniors league together. Actually Mew Two and Tyler Ward never played on the same team as the rest of us but I have no doubt they would mesh as well on the ice as they do off it. The two of them played in many of the same youth tournaments as us and often joined us in shenanigans in the few moments none of us had practice or any games. The last odd man out would be David S Pumpkins, he played on our nearly all Austrian youth team but was never allowed to gain citizenship even though he so desperately wanted to. Supposedly he killed someone back in whatever his home country is and I believe it. The dude has a screw loose.

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]