Create Account

S57 PT #5 - 2022
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 01:33 AM by hotdog.)

Welcome 2021 and Happy New Year everybody!!! For this PT, I want you to zoom ahead one more year - when the calendar turns again in 365-ish days, who will be at the top of the SHL? Which teams will be among the best, contending for the cup at the end of 2021? (this should be in the S63-S64 range)
(I would like you to write about an SHL team since no one can predict what the J teams will look like in 6 seasons but I won't limit you officially; if you want to write about an SMJHL team that's fine but just know that it's made up bs.)
Written task: 150 words min.
Graphic task: Create an S63 Challenge Cup banner or championship ring for the team that you think will be the best at this time next year.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Deadline: Sunday, January 3rd, 2021 at 11:59PM ET

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 12:14 PM by hockeyiscool.)

The teams that will be sitting a top the league at the end of 2021 will be the Tampa Bay Barracuda, the San Diego Sand lions and the Baltimore Platoon. The Platoon will rise to glory with their aggressive hard hitting, fight obliterating style. The Platoon will have the leagues best penalty kill in combination with Luca Del Vecchio will make Baltimore sitting toward the top of the SHL throne. The Tampa Bay Barracuda will be hitting peak performance in a year from now. With the plethora of picks from S54-56 causing a core to hit their stride together right at this time, It would be disappointing if they weren't to win a cup or three....The real contender and league champion a year from now will the San Diego Sand lions. After the S62 expansion team favored rules, the Sand Lions will have a melting pot of the league's best players and will be instant champions in the SHL.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 10:09 PM by Zomp.)

As many people know, Ethan Price can see into the future. With that said, there's absolutely zero doubt in his mind that the New England Wolf Pack will be the top team in the league at the end of the year. The team is packed to the brim with rookies who're earning at nearly a max rate. We have multiple first round picks in the upcoming draft that'll further bolster the lineup. Behind the FHM expertise of Kenvald and Zema, we'll be able to not only outplay out enemies but beat them at the strategy game as well. They have a rising star in Ethan Price who already is sitting at 62 points his sophomore season. This was nearly a forty point jump over last season, which puts me on track for 100 points next season. It's only a matter of time until the New England Wolf Pack hockey team will evolve into a dynasty. You're able to quote me on that one.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 11:09 PM by yosh.)

I strongly believe that within the end of 2021, the Seattle Argonauts will be a dominant contender for the Season 63 and Season 64 challenge cup.

As of right now, the Argonauts have some very talented prospects playing within their pipeline, or at least in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League since there really isn’t a minor league farm system in place. The Argos can expect big things from their prospects, such as Zdenko Beranek, the current point leader in the SMJHL as a member of the Quebec City Citadelles, Vaseline Podcalzone, a power forward winger on the Newfoundland Berserkers that eclipsed the 40 point mark this season, and Dee Centerman IV, a great two way centre.

By the time Season 63 rolls around, these prospects will likely be leading the charge for the Seattle Argonauts. That, on top of some of their older players, will provide the Argos with the needed depth to make deep playoff pushes in this two season period.

WC: 163

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 07:26 PM by Dextaria.)

I think without a doubt that in S63, the Toronto North Stars will be in full force, cementing themselves as a dominate force in the entire league. All of their current players will still be on the team and their oldest player in Harry Carpet would still be around the 1300-1500 TPE range. Even their 3rd liners would be 1300+ TPE with the majority of the team being above 1600 TPE. This why the North Stars will be among the best in the league and would certainly be contending for cups in this timeframe.

In addition to the Toronto North Stars, I believe the Tampa Bay Barracuda have also laid themselves a solid foundation for the coming season as they exit out of a rebuild. Their current prospects are plentiful and all earning at an excellent rate. This is not even mentioning how most of their players were drafted close together between S53 to S56 therefore they will all become one unified super team if they can keep it up.

Lastly, I can't discount the expansion teams of the Atlanta Inferno and the Seattle Argonauts. Both expansion teams joined just recently and with that they were able to gather a plethora of picks and prospects to start. This is laying a solid foundation for both team to be competitive starting around S63. Between the two, the Seattle Argonauts look really promising with all of their S56-S57 picks with a number of picks to come in this season as well.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

FIRST OF ALL "hot dog" it's December 27, 2020 not 2021

Second, the San Francisco Pride will be the best team in the SHL in Season 63. I know it seems surprising, SFP has had a tortured history, but SFP has an absolutely killer prospect base, and by the time S63/64 runs around, the team will have their players in their primes killing the league with vigor. The team is incredibly tightly knit, and has such young players. There are players currently making an impact in the SHL already such as Henrik Lekberg Osterman, Alex Petrenko, or Sven Svensson. But then there are also some incredible players incubating in the minors currently champing at the bit to get into the SHL. There are S55s ready to go in the next year like Rikard Bjerg, Walton Stromberg, Nathan Thomas, and Nicolae Antonescu. Then there are countless Season 56 to 57ers who are nearing ready to go and will be easily killing it by S63. The team will continue to draft strongly and I see no reason why this team won't be one of the tops in the league

Also Hamilton Steelhawks will meet them in the finals I guess at this rate fuck it

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I have a hard time seeing a world where the Buffalo Stampede aren't still on top. Most of the team is young, with there only being four players from the S40s on the team right now. The core of the team being the S50-S54 players means that one year from now, all of these players will be either at their peak TPE or a season or two into regression. It probably looks alot like the S55 Buffalo team that won the cup, with an absolutely stacked roster at it's peak with a couple of young stars mixed in. And with the drafting expertise that WannabeFinn and Tomen have shown in the past, I am certain they will do a great job of adding some nice young pieces to supplement the already strong team they have built right now. If you thought the Stampede were going to go away anytime soon and enter one of those dreaded rebuilds, think again.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

12-28-2020, 01:28 AMJumpierPegasus Wrote: FIRST OF ALL "hot dog" it's December 27, 2020 not 2021

Second, the San Francisco Pride will be the best team in the SHL in Season 63. I know it seems surprising, SFP has had a tortured history, but SFP has an absolutely killer prospect base, and by the time S63/64 runs around, the team will have their players in their primes killing the league with vigor. The team is incredibly tightly knit, and has such young players. There are players currently making an impact in the SHL already such as Henrik Lekberg Osterman, Alex Petrenko,  or Sven Svensson. But then there are also some incredible players incubating in the minors currently champing at the bit to get into the SHL. There are S55s ready to go in the next year like Rikard Bjerg, Walton Stromberg, Nathan Thomas, and Nicolae Antonescu. Then there are countless Season 56 to 57ers who are nearing ready to go and will be easily killing it by S63. The team will continue to draft strongly and I see no reason why this team won't be one of the tops in the league

Also Hamilton Steelhawks will meet them in the finals I guess at this rate fuck it

i can't believe you would do this PT early just to make me look like a damn fool

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

PT pass

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Can I get away with not hitting word count if I say the atlanta inferno

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Code:
Who will be at the top of the SHL? Which teams will be among the best, contending for the cup at the end of 2021? (this should be in the S63-S64 range)

Teams that I believe will be among the best around S63 - S64 would be the Edmonton  Blizzard as they have had a long playoff history and consistency of competing for top spot in the Western conference each season and being one of the favourites from the West to compete for a Challenge Cup. 

I believe that the Hamilton  Steelhawks will continue to be a dominant team and one of the favourites to capture the cup as well as they have shown they are willing to spend to get top tier talent on their roster and have good prospects in their system coming up in the next few seasons.

I hope to see the Tampa Bay  Barracuda be a contender as well because they have hit the lowest of lows by having a 0 win season and they have nowhere to go but up and by stockpiling picks and prospects, they better hope that in the next year they are one of the contending teams to win the Challenge Cup.

(169 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 10:33 PM by ProjectSaint.)

Future Insight into S63-S64

SHL: In the grand scheme of things, I think that the Challenger's Cup will be fought between an old guard who will be fighting within the next two seasons in the Renegades and a up and comer who will be fighting with a fresh squad ready for a long window in the Wolfpack.

SMJHL: The only way I can gauge who will be competing in the highly fluctuating SMJHL is by gauging who is their current/potential GMs and who I believe will stay. By that meter, I will take bias pill and go with the Raptors facing theCitadelles.

IIHF: Finally, because I am a sucker for the international game, I believe that obvious choices in Canada and Usa will be among the top 3 contenders. The question will be if :gb: keeps thier momentum by that long. Oddly enough, I think that it will be a fight between them and Finland for that spot as the third contender.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 02:04 AM by jeffie43.)

I think the Buffalo Stampede are a great team that is really well managed by who I view as the best GM duo across maybe all of the sim leagues that are similar to ours (SHL/ISFL/PBE) this kinda sucks because I'm a GM over in ISFL but Tomen and WannabeFinn are an incredible duo and there's a reason why Buffalo has a reputation for being a great team on ice and an even better one off the ice. It seems as though every season the duo manages to rob a team of a lottery pick and put together a roster capable of winning it all on a consistent basis. I think this repeated success from the duo will help maintain the team's success and keep them strong for many seasons. I think if they added some more players that fit their core, they will almost certainly have a ring by the end of the calendar year

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

should the dynamic general manager duo of dmills and hallsy continue, i have full reason to believe that the hamilton steelhawks will continue to be the greatest team ever. Jeffie may have said right above me that the buffalo stampede has a better managing duo, but he's wrong. He tends to be wrong about most things, but that's ok.

the hamilton steelhawks have what i believe to be the greatest locker room in the league. this is due to pillars of reputable players that regularly contribute. These players arent even always a part of the team, as they may be alumni. It goes to show you when people contribute to your locker room when they arent on the team, you've built a good locker room. Also, Tokkulu Lakkamaa will be in the shl by then and he is a very good player Smile. So to TLDR: Good locker room -> more active players, -> better league position

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Zooming ahead one more year when the calendar turns again in just over three hundred and sixty five days, I am still hopeful that the Calgary Dragons will be the best team in the western conference and one of the top contenders for the Challenge Cup in all of the SHL at the end of 2021. The season I think the Dragons will still be a top team during the season sixty three, season sixty four range is because they got a lot of great prospects who will be in their prime during that time period. Between the likes of forwards Joseph Weston, Mats Marner, Mack Daddy, Logan Wong, Thomas Rose, Luukas Lilja who are all young up and coming prospects or young promising forwards will all be in their prime come this time and I expected quite a few of these guys to be extremely high earners with large tpe totals. In net by this time I expected the prodigy Cale Amundsen to be the best goalie in the league along with some solid franchise defensemen with A-Raye, Chris Goodname, and Sachimo Zoidberg III leading the way on the back end.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars