Create Account

S57 PT #5 - 2022

I think the entire Great Lakes will compromise the top 4 teams in the league by the end of 2021, with Hamilton on top. All of these teams are decently young, especially Buffalo, Hamilton, and Toronto. Hamilton has a core of prospects right now in Hammarberg, Scott, Lazer, Giannopolous, Basher, Baters, and Lakkmmaa all active. Scott and Hammarberg have burst onto the scene as two of the best young players in the big leagues, with Scott challenging for the all time rookie points record. This core will comprise Hamilton's front 5, assuming they all keep growing at the rate they do, along with some familiar faces on the back half of their careers on the top 6. I think this means Hamilton is in a good position to keep growing into an elite team with great odds at dominating the league for many years to come. Also if Rotticus Scott keeps doing what he's doing we're looking at a legend in the flesh baby lets go.

[Image: rotti.gif]

When season 63 comes to a close, the San Francisco Pride will be one of the best teams in the league. After fully committing to a rebuild just a few seasons ago, San Francisco started loading up on prospects from the S55 to S57 classes. There is an incredible depth of players coming up from these three seasons and most will be hitting their prime around S63. In addition to the rise of these prospects, the current active core of SFP will most likely not be retired yet. The combination of rising stars looking to play their first big-impact seasons and veterans looking for success before regression hits too hard will be a perfect combination to allow for lots of success for the Pride. Season 63 will most likely be just the start of a strong set of seasons for San Francisco since the team will most likely gain more traction in upcoming drafts as the locker room begins to attract more noteworthy players and a strong prospect pool can be maintained.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

12-28-2020, 01:33 AMhotdog Wrote:
12-28-2020, 01:28 AMJumpierPegasus Wrote: FIRST OF ALL "hot dog" it's December 27, 2020 not 2021

Second, the San Francisco Pride will be the best team in the SHL in Season 63. I know it seems surprising, SFP has had a tortured history, but SFP has an absolutely killer prospect base, and by the time S63/64 runs around, the team will have their players in their primes killing the league with vigor. The team is incredibly tightly knit, and has such young players. There are players currently making an impact in the SHL already such as Henrik Lekberg Osterman, Alex Petrenko,  or Sven Svensson. But then there are also some incredible players incubating in the minors currently champing at the bit to get into the SHL. There are S55s ready to go in the next year like Rikard Bjerg, Walton Stromberg, Nathan Thomas, and Nicolae Antonescu. Then there are countless Season 56 to 57ers who are nearing ready to go and will be easily killing it by S63. The team will continue to draft strongly and I see no reason why this team won't be one of the tops in the league

Also Hamilton Steelhawks will meet them in the finals I guess at this rate fuck it

i can't believe you would do this PT early just to make me look like a damn fool

I'm more shocked you can't believe I would do something petty like that

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

As the end of 2021 comes, we will see the Baltimore Platoon being one of the best young teams in the league. Some might laugh but the depth of high end prospects on the team, along with an established veteran leadership of Nat Emerson, Luca Del Vecchio and Karl Krashwagen, will see the likes of players like Ethan Duncan, Valentin Kalashnikov, Adam Friedland, Simon Takshak, Lord Raiden, Daniil Nikiforov, Patrick Shepherd, Teddy Park, Tanjiro Kamado, Vili Afalava, Rob Wright, and various other young depth pieces taking steps to flush the Platoon into a high end team. The top groups of these teams will be among the deadliest in the league. With a likely top line of 1700+ TPE players in Krashwagen, Duncan, and Nikiforov, flanked by a second line of Lord Raiden, Patrick Shepherd, and one of other talented prospects poised for this position. There is no doubt that the firepower will be there for the Platoon. There will be some pull with the team trending up to land top level free agent talent to fill out any small holes.

The Platoon are ready to strike in the near future despite their disappointing years in the S50s. The pain and suffering will be worth it!

[206 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Tampa Bay and New England will be battling it out for the cup.
Both these teams have a ton of strong prospects in multiple positions that are very soon ready to move up into the league. Tampa are slightly ahead of the curve and are continuously improving every season. In comparison we have New England, who are looking better each season but have one-two more seasons of integrating all their youngsters into their ranks before they are truly ready to compete.

Let's focus in on the Wolfpack a little bit. They have currently top earners in S51 (1), S52 (1), S53 (1), S55 (2), S56 (3) and S57 (3). They are set at the back with franchise goaltender Frans Eller. They have Sven Yxskaft who will be leading the backline for many more years to come. Mitchell van der Heijden, Calvin Hobbes, Alexis Vermette, Gudmundur Kristjansson, Jonathan Granström, Brennan Huff and Bas O'Bigbers are all looking incredible going forward. Sparkle that with some great future back-end talent in Teylora Petrov and Alex Oscarsson, and you've got a winning recipe.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

While I don't believe that many of the top teams now would be among the worst by then, there is one team in particular that could - or should - be much stronger than it is right now. Can you guess? Right, the Toronto North Stars. I can see myself being deep into regression then, being the oldest player on the current roster and probably more of a backup than a starter, but still relatively useful. However, most of our current team should be in their prime then and if we continue to draft well, with rookies coming in. Toronto could easily be the strongest team in the East in 5-6 seasons. Who knows what the divisions will look like by then, but one thing should be certain: the Great Lakes won't be dominated by Hamilton and Buffalo anymore. Chicago might be the worst of the group by then, but likely still better than the rest of the league. I predict that the Cup winner will always be one of the teams from this division for quite a while. With a little sim luck of course.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

When seasons 63 and 64 are here, I don't expect that nothing has changed dramatically. I expect that same top teams will be fighting for championship also then. At the moment best teams seems to be Hamilton Steelhawks, Buffalo Stampede, Chicago Syndicate, Calgary Dragons, Edmonton Blizzard and Texas Renegades. I am pretty sure that at least four or five of those teams will be very good teams also on year 2022 because they are strong franchises with strong players. Maybe one or maximum of two of those teams might collapse in the near future and in that case probably Atlanta or Seattle, one of the expansion teams, will surprise us and be a contender in year 2022 because they are on good path when it comes to roster building. Maybe from bigger markets Toronto or Los Angeles will climb from the middle of the pack to the top of the mountain, who knows. All in all, I don't expect that there will be serious changes on top of the standings.

Words: 172

[Image: salming.png]

Let me preface this by saying how crazy I think it is that a year from now we might already be in Season 64, both from my players personal perspective (who I doubt will still be alive then) and from a league standpoint, as seasons have gotten considerably shorter compared to the past, allowing us to fit many more of them into a calendar year than we used to. Usually I would expect a lot of things to change within a year but sadly, with the recent change to FHM this might not actually be the case anymore the same way than it used to be in the past. Nowadays it always seems to be the same teams on top whereas others are perennialy stuck in a rebuild, with very few movement between those two groups and a midfield that might be able to beat the favorites a few times during the regular season, but ultimately being unable to really challenge for the Championship in the playoffs. So as a result of that, I would expect the top of the league to look rather similar to what it is today. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Pt pass

Ph

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Despite all of the odds, Hamilton has somehow managed to remain a powerhouse for eight more seasons and is still on top of the league, everybody is done with this shit.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 10:17 AM by bluesfan55.)

By S63, the Atlantic Division will no longer be doodoo and likely will be one of the strongest divisions in the league thanks to new powerhouses in New England and Tampa Bay, as both teams will have their currently young cores fully grown into top-class players. Atlanta will still be a playoff team, while Manhattan's lack of futures will push them into rebuild mode and BAP won't be there at all. The Toronto North Stars will also be at the peak of their powers and probably will have a cup under their belt at this point, being the cream of the crop in a Great Lakes division that still has playoff teams in Buffalo and Hamilton, who will still be good but not as good as they are currently. The West will have Texas as its best team by far as they still have even more young talent in the juniors like Theo Kondos and Slava Petrov to go along with current guys like Kekkonen and Wachter. When those two come up they're going to make a good team even better. The Southwest will be the worst division in the SHL, as NOLA's rebuild won't be done and SFP will still be seasons away, although LAP could cause them trouble. The Northwest will be tough. Calgary's old core should be gone by then and I don't think they'll be a playoff team, and Winnipeg are a perpetually mediocre team so I can't see them breaking through. Minnesota also, although they have the good young guys they haven't really shown enough yet. So I honestly think it'll be between the Blizzard and the Argonauts for Cup contenders in that division. Edmonton seems to draft well and the Argonauts have a pretty good GM tandem which should make things work.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

By S63, the Atlanta Inferno will be looking for their 7th straight cup. The rest of the league will be in shambles at that point and players will be retiring left and right because of how one-sided the league has become since Atlanta started their dominating run. That will only serve to push the team further ahead of the rest of the league and by S65 they will have to be dismantled, for the sake of the league as a whole, after all other teams sign a statement declaring their intention of folding and calling it quits.

By then, long time vet and team captain Carlos Brown will retire and will finally let it known to the rest of the league that the reason for this wild successful ride is a pair of skates he found in the dumpster behind the arena some years back, an old pair of skates with the initials "W.G" written on them in marker. Ever since he found those Carlos had become the greatest player in the league, but for the good of all, it will be time for this charade to end.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 10:08 AM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Welcome 2021 and Happy New Year everybody!!! For this PT, I want you to zoom ahead one more year - when the calendar turns again in 365-ish days, who will be at the top of the SHL? Which teams will be among the best, contending for the cup at the end of 2021? (this should be in the S63-S64 range)
(I would like you to write about an SHL team since no one can predict what the J teams will look like in 6 seasons but I won't limit you officially; if you want to write about an SMJHL team that's fine but just know that it's made up bs.)
Written task: 150 words min.

Season 63 will be my last season in the 10% regression range before hitting 15%. By my estimation, I should be around ~1800 tpe around then, and in the second last season of what I would consider my 'peak'. Toronto, I believe, will still be riding high from some extremely successful seasons in S60-62 with many players either about to hit regression or just entering the first phase. For that reason, I'd predict the North Stars to be one of the top teams.

Elsewhere in the league, teams that currently rely on S46-or-older players (Off the top of my head, Chicago, Hamilton, Buffalo, Calgary) will be in the twilight of their contending, while teams that are either rebuilding now (San Francisco, Baltimore) or are about to end their rebuild (Tampa Bay) are going to be rising up the standings. Though the league tends to go in cycles, you can't discount stable and savvy GMing, so I can see Buffalo transitioning well given how well they draft and develop (and always seem to have picks stocking their cupboards somehow).

My complete shot in the dark prediction for S53 champions: the Texas Renegades defeat the Toronto North Stars in 6 games, with Edward Williams taking home the Anton Razov Trophy for playoff MVP.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath