Create Account

S57 PT #5 - 2022
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2021, 05:06 PM by SewingWithNancy.)

San Francisco will be a dominant team in 6 seasons. Their prospect base is really solid and while they are still at the bottom of the leaderboards I do believe their GMs are drafting right and they are set up in a fantastic spot to be a contender in a couple seasons down the road.  Another team I see competing with San Francisco is LA.  I truly do believe they are moving in the right direction with their trading and last round of draftees. (I might be biased by that last statement) They will be a force to reckon with along with San Francisco.  For the east I believe New England will be fighting for dominance in the east.  I truly believe in the GM to build a team that will fight tooth and nail for the championship year in and year out!  Those are the three teams I think will dominant the league in about a years time. I am also hoping that Hamilton drops off and has to start a rebuild

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Jumping ahead to the end of 2021 I believe the Texas Renegades will be at the top of the standings for those seasons. Our GM's in Puolo and RCD are committed to drafting successful/active players that will keep Texas atop the standings moving forward. Taking a quick look at recent draft picks, Slava Petrov looks like the real deal coming out of Anchorage. Petrov was selected 11th in the S56 SHL Entry draft and was an absolute steal. Offensive and defensive minded forward that will fit in great with the Texas squad in just a few seasons. Limo Pihl also looks like another amazing choice as he was also drafted in the S56 SHL Entry draft and coming from Anchorage. The Armada train doesn't stop there as the long awaited Theo Kondos drafted from S55 will be making his Texas debut soon. Another left winger, out of Austria we can't wait to see what he'll bring to Texas. With solid drafting like this, the Renegades will be set up for success for seasons to come!

Word Count: 176

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

I think by Season 63/Season 64 the league will be just finishing the Toronto Norths Stars powerhouse era with the North Stars taking home a few couples in the next calendar year. The North Stars current window begins around Season 60 which makes sense by the middle of the year 2021 the Toronto North Stars should be at the peak of there power and by the end of 2021 going into 2022 the Toronto North Stars are likely in their re-tooling phase with many of their core heavy into regression or just beginning (kind of like the Chicago Syndicate of right now if I had to compare). These years will see the North Stars battling it out in the playoffs multiple times with the likes of the Texas Renegades and familar Great Lakes foes. I Think the SHL landscape is going to change with some of the rebuilding teams right now swapping places with some of the good teams of today. A lot can happen in the SHL in two seasons so it will be interesting to look back on this point task for sure!

Code:
184 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Wow well lets talk about the Atlanta inferno and where they will be in the future and what they will look like in several seasons. Obviously their star starting center will be Stan Q Next who is a dominant center in the juniors and made the All Star Team and Stan Q Next is certainly going to be a super helpful player for the Atlanta Inferno in the future. Stan Q Next is a two way player who is super tough and strong. Stan Q Next has a lot to be able to carry the inferno and when you think of the Inferno in the future they are going to be a great team and they are going to be strong and talented team. Hotdog is a great GM and he is why they will be so good and he is smart and all of that and yea it's great. This is a team with a bright future for sure.

In 5 or 6 seasons, I would expect the teams with a good chunk of S50 to S55 players having the advantage, as those are the players who will be in their primes at that time. Now of course you can never predict player movement and which teams will be able to hold onto all their players and prospects, or which players will stay active, but for the sake of this PT, we'll assume everyone stays at their current level of activity and nobody ever leaves their teams. With that in mind, TEX to me seems like a team that will be a powerhouse. They are just beginning their ascendancy to the top, and with over half their roster being S50 or younger and over 1K TPE, this bodes well for them. EDM and CGY both have a few great players but not a lot who would be peaking, so they might not be as imposing as they are now. MIN and SFP have a lot of great-looking young players and should be back in the game by this point. NOLA and SEA are lacking a lot of top-tier players in this age range so I could see them struggling at this point. LAP and WPG have a handful of solid players as well as a healthy crop of prospects who could be playing significant roles on their teams despite not quite peaking, so I would anticipate them being even more competitive than they are now.

In the East, I can see BUF and HAM maintaining a hold at the top as they both have very good players who will be at the top of their game at that point, replacing the aging out players on the top lines. However, teams like NEW, BAP, TOR, and TBB should all be seeing themselves as vastly improved compared to where they are now, while MAN, CHI, and ATL could all be struggling or finding themselves in rebuild mode.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Not the most original answer but in one year’s time I’m pretty sure that it’s going to be the Texas Renegades who are ruling the roost in the SHL. It’s been just over one year in real life terms since I was still GMing and set into motion the Renegades rebuild, with the goal that we would be hitting our stride in the late S50s and early S60s. With the legitimate elite talent that we have managed to accumulate in the drafts ranging from S50 onwards, the early S60s should see the team be in a really strong place, and I’m pretty confident that we’ll be the best team in the league at that point just because of how perfectly it fits with our window of contention. The team is incredibly deep at this point in time and still has several young players waiting in the wings to show what they can do. I’m pretty confident in saying the lean times in Texas are coming to an end and this should be a really fun year to be a Renegade.

Code:
180 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

A year from now assuming the world hasn't ended there will be a new king of the SHL. This team has recently seen the lowest of lows, but has been working tirelessly to get a competitive roster through the draft. By the mid 60s none other than the recently winless Tampa Bay Barracudas will be a power house in the SHL. My player KnockedOut byOvechkin and my current Whalers teammate Valterri Kaupinen will be leading the top line for the Barracudas and we will be practically unstoppable. We will run rampant through every team in the league on our way to what will be many championships as we dominate the majority of the 60s. Along the way both Kobo and Kauppinen will win MVP honors at least once each and both will lead the league in scoring multiple seasons. The Barracudas will end up being the next great SHL dynasty, so I hope you are ready for the frustration that will come when we appear on your schedule.

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 01:01 PM by hhh81.)

The easy, cheap answer is the Buffalo Stampede, so long as Finn and Tomen are still in charge. They have the machine of draft value reproduction that no other team can match. They’re good now, they keep drafting good players, and they keep turning surplus value now into future value. Because of a few very bad trades on the part of Baltimore and Minnesota in recent seasons, Buffalo will keep turning that excess value into future wins. While I think Chicago and Hamilton will slide a little by the time we see 2022, Buffalo will keep trucking along.

My next takes might be a little more controversial. I think by the time we hit S64, the Atlantic Division will be a battle between New England and Tampa Bay for the crown. Both are in the midst of rebuilds, and have intelligent strategists in the GM position. I think Tampa Bay will take the edge, simply because their S53-S55 core will be in the prime of their careers and ready to mess some people up, while the S50 line will still be looking strong in early regression.

The Southeast is impossible to predict, so I’m not going to bother trying. Moving onto the Northwest Division, Calgary will slide, and Seattle will be the in the prime of their time. Their S56 forward crop will be at their peak pre-regression, complemented by whichever of Thor Odinson or Yanno Rosejac carries the load as starter. Seattle’s success will be on the back of whoever they can draft in the next calendar year, but I have the utmost faith in @notorioustig to keep up his high quality drafting and prove why he’s one of the best SMJHL GMs we’ve seen. Jack Kanoff and Abel Skinner, if they continue at their current pace, will be very strong top 2-4 defenseman, while old man Cassius Darrow hopefully will be churning along as a supporting cog on a contender and fighting regression. Seattle isn’t that far away from being a playoff team right now; if they get 1-2 free agent forwards to replace their aging IFAs, watch out, Western Conference.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

While I think the Texas Renegades peak will be around the S60-S61 mark, I think it's very reasonable to think that they could still be a top contender around S63-S64. Much of the current core would still be in good playing shape, granted the team wouldn't be getting any better at that point (barring some solid draft picks being made between now and then). Superstar Kvalheim would be facing some steep regression at that point, along with Kubinec and Horvat dealing with some harsher regression as well. Aside from those 3 players though, the rest of the team would still be either pre-regression or in the more manageable 10% regression period. The current makeup of this Texas roster has them as a playoff contender already and they have plenty of room for growth over the next couple of seasons still. By the time S60 rolls around, I think we'll have seen the Renes make at least one finals appearance. Fast forward another few seasons from there and I wouldn't be surprised to see them hoisting the cup in that window. Worst case scenario, the Renegades may be just on the downhill turn from peak contenders around S63-S64 but still nothing to scoff at.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 01:45 PM by DonutDefender.)

When 2022 rolls around, I expect that the Minnesota Monarchs will be in their prime. Some of the superstars that have been around a while will have retired, such as Colin Gibbles, Noah Gallagher, and Mathias Seger, but their recent influx of prospects will be flourishing. Prospects such as Alex Marshall, Jack Klompus, Rock Strongo, Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind, Kynwyl Pearce, and Arsene Leclerc, will all be in the midst of their prime, and allow the team to be regularly contending for championships. This should be a good enough base for a strong team come 2022, but its worth mentioning that it’s still a ways away, and with the rebuild currently in motion for the Monarchs, even more draft picks should be coming in. While the above players will be leading the charge, look for the players taken by the Monarchs in the next couple of drafts to be important pieces of the future, and give the team much needed depth. (160 words.)

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

[Image: rlV6m9X.png]

It is crazy to think that a year from now will be Season 63. That is crazy to think about, but there is only one team that can be the best team in the league during that time. That will be the New England Wolfpack. Look at the young players that are on that team right now. They have Leonids Balzams, Guðmundur Kristjánsson, James LeBlond, Teylora Petrov, Alexander Oscarsson, among others that will be the future of the New England Wolfpack. I really think that they will be such a great team under really great leadership, coaching, and scouting. Now, hopefully, they can keep everyone around and happy so they can get the best they can be. This will be a welcomed sight to the New England fans as they are looking forward to seeing a great team in the playoffs and not competing for the first overall pick. I really think that this will be the best team.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

ISFL Affiliate PT +3 TPE

I know I'm very biased but I have to say the Texas Renegades. We had some great picks in the S50-S54 range, with lots of high TPE earners. Around S62-64, a lot of these players are going to peak; Leppanen, Kekkonen, Watcher, Scianna, Williams, Hudson, Sulfurgold, Songerard, Fantobens... the list is actually crazy. Obviously other teams have good draft picks and high potential earners, but if we're speaking in hypotheticals we have around 9 players on track to reach 2k TPE. We have a good mix of new creates and recreates, with experienced GMs, so we have a strong combination of people who are excited to be high earners and people who want to win the Challenge Cup. Our management team is unbelievably diligent, always trying to help us maximize money, TPE, and perfect our builds. Anything can happen with RNG and sports simulators, but here in Texas we are doing the best we can to give ourselves the best odds of winning a cup!

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]