Create Account

S57 SMJHL PT #5 - Self Evaluation

Earlier in the season, we got you to speak about what your goals were for the season. How do you feel you've fared on the ice in terms of reaching your expectations, and in general are you satisfied with how your first season has gone?

Task

Written Option A (Player Perspective): Talk about how you personally feel about how you, or even your team, have performed this season and how you feel this first season of juniors has gone for you in general (150+ words).

Written Option B (Article Perspective): As if you were writing a small entry for an article analyzing the performance of your player, discussing the strengths and weaknesses your player has shown throughout the season. Have they been meeting pre-season expectations? Falling short? (150+ words).

Graphic option: Make a cover graphic for a hockey magazine where your player is being looked at and analyzed inside. Must include a player render, your player's name somewhere on the cover, and a tagline relevant to your player for the magazine.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.)

Only S57 SMJHL Rookies (S58 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

You cannot claim TPE for this PT until a post is made in the global claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday January 3rd @ 11:59pm Eastern.

Link to PBE and NSFL PTs here to claim welfare.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 01:43 AM by Seymour.)

This first season has been a blast! Landing in Anchorage could not have gone any better. I was put in a place to succeed and I took that opportunity. The coaches and management team put enough trust into my abilities and put me on the top line. This first year of juniors, I have made a lot of friends both on and off of the ice. It took a few games to light the lamp but once I finally the did the goals kept coming. Through 46 games I have 8 goals and 12 assists for a total of 20 points. For a rookie in their first season, I am happy with the results. I must work on not taking as many penalties – for a good portion of the season I had no penalty minutes, but they have been slowly creeping up on me like Gabe creeps up on glizzies. I am excited to see where my career will go from here, but I am very happy to have landed in Anchorage.

[170 words]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

This season has been interesting for Leon. It took him quite a while to get his first goal, but when he finally did, it was amazing. He has excelled on the defensive side of the game, but despite the strides he's taken so far to improve the offensive side of his game, he has left something to desire. The Raptors relied on him heavily at the beginning of the season on both the penalty kill and the power play, but when they noticed it was too much of a work load, they reduced his power play time to let him excel at what he does best: Defense. Safe to say that was the right move by the Colorado franchise. He was a dominant force in the faceoff circle, and always did his best to turn the play around. Having spoken to Leon on his thoughts, he said he will be working out hard this off-season to add more muscle and become a stronger player overall. He also said he plans on working heavily on his shot. Could we see Leon explode next season as a goal scoring threat? We will find out.

[Image: BTHxZUB.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 07:00 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: M3nh0zo.jpg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

So as this is the first season for Ric Charlesworth in the SHL, I have not been expecting to much cause I know a first season can be rough - especially in a development league that has such a high TPE cap. Ric Charlesworth is (supposed to be) and all out one way centre, here to hang in goal and drink beers but it seems he is all out of goals. Over the fifty games he has played so far he has scored only 3 goals. This number itself is pretty shocking as he is shooting at a percentage of 4.11. Terrible really. The other side of his offensive game is a little better with him managing to provide 13 assists to his team mates giving a points total of 16. In the end though that isn't anywhere near I would want it to be, but all there is to do is keep writing these to earn TPE and get better for the rest of this season and the others moving forward. A plus/minus of -17 isn't great either.
Code:
182 Words

[Image: hopoate.png]

So far so good for Quebec's newest star, Mew Two! While Mew himself has had a quieter season, that is to be expected when he is on the fourth line, playing behind capped players on every other line. Mew Two has still managed to score a handful of goals and earn the odd assist. Quebec, on the other hand, has had a fantastic season and projects to be one of the top contenders for the four star cup. Sitting in first place in the league, and quite a few points clear, Quebec's GMs have done a fantastic job building not only a strong contender on the ice, but a warm and welcoming locker room off of it. Mew Two could not have wished for a better landing spot as a new create in the SHL, as he has received unconditional support throughout his time on the citadelles, and for that he is eternally thankful.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Taking a look into the Detroit Falcons dressing room, you might see some long faces. But other in this organization know that there is much to be excited about. At this current moment, Detroit is sitting in the third spot in the east. However, peaking in the rear view mirror, this is already a vast improvement over the last place, twenty nine point season from S56. Looking at the point standings a little further, a drop in 3 points could easily shift the team from fifth place into sixth place. The clear dominate force this season were the Quebec City Citadelles. For an expansion franchise, they have really put it all together to dominate the league with a whopping seventy eight points, with 11 games still left to go. Considering they only put up 50 last season, some might wonder if there is a bout of steroids going on in that locker room. As an unqualified doctor, I would urge the league to start probing those players.

167 words

[Image: dolffs58_gold.png]

Falcons Detroit Falcons: S57 - S59

As a late-comer to the league, due to damned visa issues, I expected to be playing catch-up for at least the first part of the season, maybe most of it. I have settled into the team a lot quicker than I imagined I would. Unfortunately, St Louis is having a tough old season, but sometimes experiences like this can form a stronger bond among teammates than latching on to a squad who are winning left, right and centre. Everyone is pulling in the same direction, and as a team we have had some good, albeit surprising, results. As a player myself, sometimes my offensive instincts lead me to make defensive lapses, but I am please with my offensive input. 3 goals and 9 assists from 41 games may not sound like great numbers, but I feel that from an undrafted rookie defenseman, on a team with the low Goals For stat that we have, that it is a reasonable level of production, which matches and even surpasses some of the forwards that are in my draft class. I hope the rest of this season can see me continue to improve and we can, as a team, come flying out of the blocks next year.

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

The season is about 2/3rds over and what can I say except for wow. Everything I could have wanted from this season to this point has come to fruition. I'm improving myself at a great rate and seeing major ice time (thanks Gabe!) and am putting up lots of points while doing so. I'd go so far to say that I'm almost certain to get a nom for the Anrikkanen. But individual performance is just one part of it, the team is also playing together very well, good for second in the entire league. I couldn't be happier.

For our first real PT this season we were asked what our goals were, and I set out some hardline goals, I figure now would be a great time to take a look at them and see how attainable they are.

- Win a 4-Star Cup: In progress, and we're looking good. We're probably not the favorite (that would be QCC) but we've definitely built an identity of a strong defensive team that puts up big goals as well. The playoffs will be very interesting.

- Outscore Clayton Goode's rookie season of 1G 25 A: Already done, I figured it would be a lot clsoer, and that the extra 16 games on the schedule would be the key to doing this, but Gregory has been solid throughout the season and has beaten the record in under 50 games with a current line of 6G 23A. The only thing left is to add 3 assists to beat all 3 categories, but barring something incredibly unseen, that's a lock.

- 350 TPE by next season: Also in progress, but also looking up. I currently sit at 284 TPE, 66 away. TTC is 21, the highest personal training is 28, CW is 16, and assuming the milestones are the same as last year I've already got 6 locked up. That's 71, and that's ignoring any other PTs, 3on3s, Primetimes, ACs, or weekly trainings.

All in all a great season, can't wait to see what the future brings!

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

Currently sitting in fourth place during a "down" year, I like to think that things are looking up for Carolina. Personally, things are slowly getting better. My Defensive Game Rating is slowly improving and I've stemmed the tide on giving up the puck so easily, but there is still a lot to do there. My plus / minus, at an abysmal minus fourteen, needs to get better, but that will come with time. My linemate and I are doing the best we can to get better and contribute to keeping things clear in our own zone while also contributing on the offensive side of the ice. Olson's been shooting a fair bit with a total of fifty shots on goal; unfortunately he's only managed to bury three of these shots giving him an awful percentage. This could change; either by passing more or just taking better shots. All in all I'm pretty happy with Olson's performance this year, and look forward to his career as a whole.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

I feel Danny C is on a decent pace as a rookie, but would like to see him improve a little quicker. I sit pretty close to +/- 0 and would like to be able to move up a line soon and get more ice time. I have built very evenly between offense and defense and have decided it's time to work on my scoring ability. I have made Shooting accuracy puck handling and passing a priority, and will look to bump up my stamina soon so that when I get the call to go up a line I will be in good physical condition and able to handle the rigors of playing against tougher opponents. At the start of the season I wanted Danny C to be more of a skating threat with good speed and acceleration, and I still think as I start nearing the Cap I will look to improve that skill set even if it isn't meta. Just want to start being having a bigger impact to the Knights game before I take my build that off meta!

Code:
183 words

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 07:10 PM by Jonny Tsunami.)

Jonny Tsunami feels like the Maine Timber is the best place he could have been drafted to. Before the season started and before he was drafted, Jonny Tsunami did not have great expectations of himself in his first season. He expected to be a 4th line grinder that the team had to play and just hoped and prayed he wasn't that big of a liability. He was expecting a under 10 points for the entire season and a very negative +/- for the season. Through 51 games, Jonny Tsunami has clearly surpassed all expectations of himself posting 13 goals, 12 assists totaling 25 points with a +/- of +5. All of Jonny Tsunami's work has paid off as he is the top earning player in his class and he's done all of this as a 3rd round pick. The Maine Timber found themselves a great one with the 30th pick of the S57 draft, and Jonny Tsunami looks to build upon an already great rookie season.

Code:
167 words

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

Its been a interesting season for Boyle in his first year in Vancouver. As a 3rd round pick, expectations were not too high for Boyle. Despite this he has quickly entered the 2nd line for the defending champs. Despite probably being the best player for this position TPE wise, as he is currently the leader TPE wise in his class, Boyle has not preformed on the ice at a high level. With 18 points in the entire season, he does not even crack into the top 100 for point scorers in the league. Looking at vancouvers roster they are in a soft rebuild in which Boyle will probaly have to step up to be their best offensive player in two seasons, so Boyle has to step up or else Vancouver will be forced to tank. He might not have to be the best of the best, but the team will need him to earn well and work hard to win his first ship with the Whalers.

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

The goals I set out for myself at the beginning of the season have been completed and exceeded. I wanted to make sure I developed my defensive side of my game, which I accomplished with pushing my defensive read up to 13, with checking following closely behind at 12. I also wanted to make sure I was consistent, and I've completed that by making sure I've max earned since the start of my SHL journey. I'm up to 26 points on the season so far, and my plus minus is at a respectable +26. In my very first SMJHL game, I got into a fight. I didn't win, but it was pretty exciting!

Being an active member of the locker room has been a blast in Kelowna, and everyone in there is a pleasure to be around and interact with. Some of the older guys have a wealth of knowledge, and the Rookies are vocal and committed to succeeding.

I'm going to keep my focus and continue on the path I've set myself on. Positive results will continue!

This first season as a rookie with the Newfoundland Berserkers has been a blast so far and I get excited for every game we play. I had some high expectations for myself at the beginning of the year and I might fall a little bit short but with every game I feel like my skills are getting better and better. Goal wise I feel I am slacking a bit but assists I'm keep pace with what I expected from myself and will be happy to meet or even pass my expectation by the end of my rookie season. Team wise I feel we are in a good spot as we have quiet a few rookies joining the team this year with me and once again all of us will be getting better with each game as the year goes on to hopefully provide some decent depth for the post season. Either way however the season pans out for me personal or team wise I will always remember my rookie season.    

171 words

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]