Create Account

[Holiday Media Bonus] [SJHN] Rookie Roundup: Midseason
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 11:23 PM by mee.)

[Image: f6863WJ.png?width=824&height=254]

So, rookies, here is the article. The one all about you. It’s midseason, and now we look at how you are performing. We debate which one of you is worthy of rookie of the year. And we (I?) debate where you should all get drafted in the upcoming SHL Draft. 

So who has been scoring all the goals as a rookie? 
There are just 2 rookies who have scored more than 10 goals here at the season's halfway point. They are Tomas Lind for Carolina and Bjorn Jakobsen for Quebec. Jakobsen is doing it playing defense, which sure is very impressive. 

[Image: GoalScorers.PNG]

And who has impressed dishing out the puck?
Tied with 16 assists each, Gregory Goode and Noel Blanchet lead the pack. With twelve players over ten points, passing is a strong suit of some of these prospects. 

[Image: Assists.PNG]

Didn’t find yourself atop either of those two boards, but think you both pass and shoot well? Scoring is actually a mix of the two. Atop the points scoreboard is Bjon Jakobsen and Gregory Goode, two players we have already mentioned.

[Image: Points.PNG]

And one last offensive stat. Shots on Goal is usually considered a key indicator of how well your player is playing without other factors. Leading the pack is a group of defensemen, Goode, Jakobsen who have both been mentioned are one and two, and third is Richard LaFleur of the Kelowna Knights.

[Image: 50780581983_fbe675b3ae.jpg]

And who are the most physical players in the upcoming class of the SHL? These are players that will defend their teammates, and will start some of their own bad blood. Kermit Murphy has a large lead in this stat.

[Image: Hits.PNG]

Giving away the puck is bad. Taking it away is good. The best players can take away the puck, but do so without giving it away. Leading the pack is Zayne Rotzbua with six more takeaways than giveaways. 

[Image: Takeaways.PNG]

Shot blocking is not a glamorous stat, and it hurts quite a bit. Willing to sacrifice your body for your team is a skill. Ole Olson leads the pack in this stat.

[Image: shot_blocking.PNG]

While everyone wants to play big minutes, doing it well is very difficult. These players have done their work conditioning themselves, running and skating suicides after suicides and it pays off. Luc Blouin leads the pack at over 23 minutes a night.

[Image: TOI.PNG]

Some players just seem to get every bounce. PDO is hockey’s luck stat, how much better is your goalie than the one you face. The luckiest rookie is Ellis McPickle, and the least lucky is Ilya Sokolov.

[Image: High_PDO_chart.PNG?width=480&height=564]
[Image: Low_PDO.PNG]

Possession (measure in corsi) is the best stat to show which side of the ice play is on. In terms of straight possession the best among rookies is  Paul Binder. The best relative to his team is Zayne Rotzbua. 

[Image: Corsi_Chart.PNG?width=591&height=564]

[Image: Corsi_rel.PNG]

And for the goalies, here is a quick shot of their stats. All three of them have different play time shares with the starters, so direct comparison is difficult.

[Image: Goalies.PNG]

Rather than rank all of you together I thought it would be easier to rank a few categories of players. So for the remainder of this article, we will rank the top five prospects, broken up into what type of player you are looking for. This is mostly stats, but it takes into account team as well as other factors. 

FORWARD
GOAL SCORER- This is basically a measure of goal scoring ability. I took into account, goals, games played, and what team you played for
[Image: rookie_rankings_forward_scorers.jpg]

PASS FIRST- This is a measure of your passing abilities. I took into account assists, games played, and what team you played for.
[Image: rookie_rankings_forward_passers.jpg]
DEFENSIVE FORWARD: These are the players that can contribute on the defensive end as well. I used corsi and corsi rel as the main stat for this- a defensive forward should have good possession numbers.

[Image: rookie_rankings_defensive_forwards.jpg]

DEFENSE
OFFENSIVE DEFENSEMAN: As an offensive defenseman myself, these kind of players do great in the offensive zone. They put up a lot of points.
[Image: rookie_rankings_offensive_defensemen_copy.jpg]
Defensive Defenseman: Like for Defensive forwards, I use corsi as a main stat. Putting up good possession numbers means the player is good enough in both ends of the ice even if he doesn't score so much himself.
[Image: rookie_rankings_defensive_defensemen.jpg]
GOALIE

[Image: rookie_rankings_goalies.jpg]

---------------
GRADERS: Not sure how you want me to tally up the word count, most of the words of the article is in the graphics.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

goode #1

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Great stuff! Nice to see how the rookies are doing relative to each other

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page