Create Account

Hired: SHL Budget Assistant
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2021, 01:56 AM by Dextaria.)

Hi SHLers!

So with the recent expansion having added 2 more teams to take care of and just Krash and I to handle the transactions, there is a lot to do for the budget sheets with seemingly not enough time between the two of us to handle it all. As a recommendation from commissioners and other members around the league, we thought it would be a great opportunity to introduce a new position to the budget team! This would lessen everyone’s individual workload, better organize the budget system, and most importantly help quicken transaction processing.

SHL Budget Assistant: The SHL Budget Assistant will be directly tasked with processing signings and extensions for 6 of the 18 teams in the SHL. They will also be responsible for the player movements within the team (i.e. callups at the beginning of the season and handling released/traded/retired players accordingly). This includes making sure that all budgets, contracts, and extensions are valid as per the SHL rulebook. They are NOT expected to process trades, handle contract changes, handle cap penalties, or make large updates to the budget sheet. Pay is $4M.

I highly encourage anyone looking to be more involved in the site to apply! Note: prior knowledge of Google Sheets is recommended, but not necessary when applying. For those interested, PM me on the site or on Discord and include the following:

Code:
When did you join the SHL:

What is your activity level from 1-10:

Past job experience on the site:

What are the biggest problems facing the SHL Budget and how would you fix/prevent them:

What are some new ideas you feel you can try to bring to the job or implement into the budget sheet:

Any other notes you want me to know:

With this new position, both Krash and I would be handling the trades between teams as well as the remainder of the budget tasks, prioritizing our assigned 6 teams while also helping to process transactions of other teams. Lastly, the large updates to the budget sheets (i.e. the seasonal “shifts”, adding new functions, and correcting errors to the sheets) will be handled by me. With this new position we hope to add redundancy to the budget system if members on the team find themselves unable to perform their expected tasks due to any reasons.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

LMAO

With already a number of great applications, just giving this a post a bump to say that the deadline to apply is Saturday, January 9th 2021 @11:59PM EST!

Congratulations to @Nhamlet ! Ham has been super involved in the budget sheets even before being hired so Krash and I knew that he would be a great choice for the budget team. With the 3 of us working together this coming season, we really hope to keep the budget more organized and updated so you can hold us to it!

Welcome Nham. Just want to throw out that every single app we saw was powerful and it was not a runaway decision.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]