Create Account

Vanderberg final game presser
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2021, 07:39 PM by Vandy.)

(Ready for Grading)

Evening,

This evening I was notified by my friends on the Buffalo Stampede that I had been cut from the Edmonton Blizzard. I had to approach my GM and coaches on Edmonton to find out that this was indeed the case. I really didn't like not being informed ahead of time. In 11 seasons in the league, this is the first time I've ever been cut and the first time that I had to hunt down the people responsible to find out why since I didnt think it was practice to cut someone 6 games before the playoffs for no apparent reason.

So feel free to ask me questions about anything, about Edmonton, about Loyalty, anything you'd like.

Is it true Edmonton is big suck Interview

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Only moderate suck, I really enjoyed my time there until it hit a brick wall.

How does it feel to be a Bojo Biscuit winning defenceman and have your career end like this?

Does this mean Edmonton makes it onto your do not draft list?

If HO made an exception to let you sign with another team that has some amount of cap space left, where would you sign?

Are you going to send @boom another gif of Messier to punish him for his GMs actions?

How’s work?

How was EDM LR before this? Did you fit in?

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 07:54 PM by Vandy.)

01-02-2021, 07:41 PMfishy Wrote: How does it feel to be a Bojo Biscuit winning defenceman and have your career end like this?

Does this mean Edmonton makes it onto your do not draft list?

If HO made an exception to let you sign with another team that has some amount of cap space left, where would you sign?

Are you going to send @boom another gif of Messier to punish him for his GMs actions?

How’s work?

How was EDM LR before this? Did you fit in?

It makes me mad because I didn't approach Edm to sign me, they came for me and looking for me. I signed because I liked what I saw, I liked that my friend was in the LR and I had never heard anything bad before now.

I am not sure if Id put them on my DND list, but I would definitely have second thoughts about rejoining them in the future.

If the HO made the exception and let me finish my career somewhere, I'd sign for league minimum for whichever playoff bound team would have me.

I haven't decided if I will punish boom for the mistakes of his GM, but maybe.

Work is finally slow

The LR culture there is fine, I never had a problem there and felt like my contributions were welcome.

From those early days playing with Cassius Darrow in Colorado, through winning the Bojo in Winnipeg and raising the Cup with Buffalo, what are the top highlights of your career?

Have you had much interaction with your agent's newest client, Brian Davenport? What can you tell us about his game?

What's next for you after your playing career wraps up?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

In a perfect world, what would you like to see happen next with Vanderberg?

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

01-02-2021, 07:57 PMhhh81 Wrote: From those early days playing with Cassius Darrow in Colorado, through winning the Bojo in Winnipeg and raising the Cup with Buffalo, what are the top highlights of your career?

Have you had much interaction with your agent's newest client, Brian Davenport? What can you tell us about his game?

What's next for you after your playing career wraps up?

There's been so many...winning the Bojo in Winnipeg was up there though I wish it had come in Buffalo. I set career highs that season. Winning the cup on the bench as a call up that was fun. Getting traded back to Buffalo is the best one, I was miserable in Winnipeg so coming home did wonders for me mentally.

I got a chance to speak with Brian after he was drafted by Quebec, he was an invited player at one of my camps during the offseason. I told him to enjoy the moment and make sure to take it all in. I think he's going to be a good player for whichever team takes the chance. He is incredibly gifted but is very raw and will need some time to develop and all around game but overall he's got a great shot and good positioning and speed.

I'd like to coach in Buffalo or work as a team ambassador. I do know that my number will be in the rafters in Buffalo before Cass's, he'll just have to find the time to swing by and watch mine and ill make sure im available for when his goes up.

01-02-2021, 08:01 PMNhamlet Wrote: In a perfect world, what would you like to see happen next with Vanderberg?

I am happy to just go quietly, after this presser. But I still have some fight in me to finish the season and go to the playoffs and if a team wants to take a chance I am ready to go.

In a perfect world, at the end of this season or next season, Finn calls me up and tells me my number is going to the rafters in Buffalo.

I dont have any questions, just wanted to say hope you have a good career with all your players.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

01-02-2021, 08:55 PMNokazoa Wrote: I dont have any questions, just wanted to say hope you have a good career with all your players.

<3 lots of love to you too fam

Once again, sorry this happened to you Vandy. Loved having you in the locker room. You have every right to be upset by what happened and I'm sorry for any part I had in that.

I hope Vanderberg gets an opportunity to play somewhere else this season and I wish you nothing but luck with Davenport.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points