Create Account

S57 Fantasy Winning Facts
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 01:26 PM by Jumbobone19.)

I wanted to write an article highlighting top players, ownership, and other interesting facts. I saw PremierBromanov's article (https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=113048) and it made me write this. So props. 

Really my article is solely focused on the 33 fantasy group winning teams. I wanted to look at every and all possible facts. 

So first the draft position of every Fantasy group winner. Bromanov mentioned he would guess that no user that drafted 1st overall won their group.  Well here is the list:
[Image: pzJgUZ2.png]
As you can see there are 4 teams that drafted 1st Overall, which is definitely more than I would have thought considering Theo Morgan's season (Morgan wasn't bad just not as good as last season). Pick 4 was the best position for producing a winning fantasy team as seen with 8 teams. A surprising pick was pick 6. (Not to brag but that was me). Only team picking 6 overall to win their group. 

Next I wanted to see all the Swaps among the winning teams. Of the 33 winning teams, 12 teams made a swap. 

[Image: lUJh8bu.png]

The most swapped out player was Alex Petrenko with 4 swap outs. And the most swapped for player was a tie with 3 each, Lyle Odelein III and Jakob Hamr. ProjectSaint was able to pick up FR Finn-Rhys, the #2 overall fantasy player. A great swap but that was not the best move. The Best swap belongs to Lime. Lime swapped Barrett McCarthy for Lyle Odelein III, which was a difference of +107.3 points. This was the best move as Lime only won the group by 64.6 points, so that swap was group 16 deciding move. There were 2 other groups that were decided by swaps as well. Group 23 (RonnieWalker) and Group 25 (Nhamlet). Ronnie's move gained 40.9 points and only won by 35.6. Nhamlet's swap was crucial too as it was a difference of +70.6 points but still only won by 6 points. A close call. 

The closest win (no swaps) belongs to CementHands who won Group 1 by 1.7 points. The closest out of all 33 groups. Geekusoid won Group 14 by 2.8 points. In total, there are 5 groups where the winning team won by less than 10 points. (Group 1, 6, 8, 14, and 25). 

Once again PremierBromanov did a great job showing the rankings and top players. I wanted to see what a players ownership was amongst the 33 winning teams. 
Players - Teams - Ownership
FR Finn-Rhys - 15 - 45.45%
Julio Tokolosh - 12 - 36.36%
Michael Scarn - 11 - 33.33%
Daniel Smeb - 10 - 30.30%
Cassius Darrow - 10 - 30.30%
Martijn Westbroek - 9 - 27.27%
Corey Kennedy - 8 - 24.24%
Texas Renegades - 7 - 21.21%
Esa Parmborg - 6 - 18.18%
Nat Emerson - 6 - 18.18%
Chicago Syndicate - 6 - 18.18%
Jimmy Slothface - 5 - 15.15%
Lyle Odelein III - 5 - 15.15%
Manhattan Rage - 5 - 15.15%
Theo Morgan - 4 - 12.12%
Bobby Sharp - 4 - 12.12%
Hippo Passamus - 4 - 12.12%
Edmonton Blizzard - 4 - 12.12%
Buffalo Stampede - 4 - 12.12%
Elijah Jones - 3 - 9.09%
Maxime Bouchard - 3 - 9.09%
Nick Brain - 3 - 9.09%
Ola Wagstrom - 3 - 9.09%
Tony Pepperoni - 3 - 9.09%
Parker Smeb - 3 - 9.09%
Rex Kirkby - 3 - 9.09%
Brennan Kennedy Jr. - 3 - 9.09%
Jakob Hamr - 3 - 9.09%
Calgary Dragons - 3 - 9.09%
Hamilton Steelhawks - 3 - 9.09%
Aaron Wilson - 2 - 6.06%
Barry Batsbak - 2 - 6.06%
Josef Kubinec - 2 - 6.06%
Jon Forty-One - 2 - 6.06%
Eko Van Otter - 2 - 6.06%
Ambacas Cuddles - 2 - 6.06%
Mathias Seger - 2 - 6.06%
Guy Zheng - 2 - 6.06%
Dominic Montgomery - 2 - 6.06%
Monkey D. Luffy - 1 - 3.03%
Andreas Kvalheim - 1 - 3.03%
Dick Clapper - 1 - 3.03%
Luke Thomason - 1 - 3.03%
Mika Kandinsky - 1 - 3.03%
Phineas Gold - 1 - 3.03%
Michael Fox - 1 - 3.03%
Slap McShotty - 1 - 3.03%
Lallo Selman - 1 - 3.03%
Alex Petrenko - 1 - 3.03%
Augustus Wang - 1 - 3.03%
Winnipeg Jets - 1 - 3.03%
Finn FR-Rhys takes the top spot for being owned on the most fantasy winning teams. Not surprising for the #2 fantasy player. Cassius Darrow, the #1 fantasy player was owned by 30% of the teams. The top forward, Michael Scarn owned by 33% of the teams. And the top Goalies, which was Buffalo Stampede, was only owned 12% (4 teams). 
Julio Tokolosh was the top owned forward. 12 teams had Tokolosh on their roster for an ownership of 36%. The top owned goalie squad was the Texas Renegades. (21%, owned by 7 teams)
Next I wanted to check out how many top fantasy players were on the 33 winning teams. Obviously every one of these teams is good, but I wanted to check which were the best. So I looked at the top 6 forwards, top 5 defensemen, and top 3 goalies. In parenthesis is the overall scoring rank. 
Top 6 Forwards- Michael Scarn (3), Martijn Westbroek (4), Julio Tokolosh (6), Tony Pepperoni (8), Jimmy Slothface (12), Daniel Smeb (14)
Top 5 Defensemen- Cassius Darrow (1), FR Finn-Rhys (2), Jakob Hamr (11), Lyle Odelein III (16), Nat Emerson (17)
Top 3 Goalie Teams- Buffalo Stampede (5), Manhattan Rage (7), Texas Renegades (9)
Based on these, only one team had all 6 positions (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and a goalie) filled with a top player. That team was Group 17's Matty7478. So it comes as no surprise that Matty was the Global #1 team in fantasy as well. 
Also based on the criteria, only one team rostered 1 top player. That team was Group 31's Fluw. Fluw only top player rostered was Finn FR-Rhys and scored a total of 2577 points. But Fluw was not the lowest scoring team that won their group. Supertardis101 won Group 6 by scoring the lowest total fantasy score of all the winning teams with a score of 2489.20 points. 
The last thing I wanted to look at was top players who were not rostered and the lowest scoring players who were rostered on any of the 33 winning teams. 
First the Forwards
Top 3 forwards not Rostered
Rank - POS - PLAYER - TEAM - POINTS - Fantasy Team
8 - RW - Jakub Bruchevski - NEW - 417.6 - N/A
14 - RW - Philipp Winter - LAP - 402.9 - N/A
23 - C - Mika Mayfield - MIN - 374.9 - N/A

Its kind of surprising that 2 players that scored over 400 points were not on any of the winning teams. Considering that only 14 forwards reached that mark of 400 fantasy points. Also Jakub Bruchevski was a top 10 forward for the season. 
The Lowest 3 Forwards Owned

Rank - POS - PLAYER - TEAM - POINTS - Fantasy Team(Group)
45 - C - Luke Thomason - MAN - 334.4 - 1 (Group 5)
40 - C - Andreas Kvalheim - TEX - 344 - 1 (Group 26)
38 - C - Slap McShotty - NEW - 350.3 - 1 (Group 22)

Now looking at this list, it's even more surprising that the Bruchevski or Winter were not rostered. Thomason only scored 334.4 points, which was the lowest of all players on a winning team. Bruchevski scored 83.2 more points than Thomason. Worthy of a roster swap on a winning team. McShotty was on another team but was swapped out for Jimmy Slothface. 

Defense
Top 3 Defensemen not Rostered. 

Rank - POS - PLAYER - TEAM - POINTS - Fantasy Team
12 RD Poopity Scoop LAP 385.1 #N/A
13 RD Gabriel Johnson HAM 384.7 #N/A
15 LD Delver Fudgeson TOR 379.1 #N/A

The Lowest 3 Defensemen Owned
Rank - POS - PLAYER - TEAM - POINTS - Fantasy Team(Group)
25 RD  Ambacas Cuddles TBB 340.9 2
20 LD Alex Petrenko SFP 358.9 1
17 RD Mathias Seger MIN 373 2
Defensemen are relatively pretty straight forward. Not a lot of surprises or anything out of the ordinary. As you can see the difference between the top player not on a roster (Scoop) and the lowest rostered player (Cuddles) is only 44.2 points. While 40 points could win you some groups, you could find bigger jumps in points elsewhere.

Goalies
Every team that won their group had a top 8 goalie squad. Really out of all of fantasy only 3 Goalie squads were not rostered, Baltimore, San Francisco, and Seattle. The difference in the first place goalie squad (Buffalo - 458.6) and the 8th place goalie squad (Winnipeg - 411.1) is only 47.5 points. That is only for the 33 winning teams. But the Minnesota Monarchs were the lowest scoring rostered goalie team in all of fantasy (353.7 points).  
Well just wanted to focus on what it took to winning a fantasy group. Thanks again to PremierBromanov for the inspiration. Here is my spreadsheet:(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing)
(1375 words)

Anyone who picks me is crazy. I’m not longer meta

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Not owned in a single group winning team while being a generally high 2nd round pick.

My bad guys

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Had I not swapped gabe for ferda I'd have won group 1 I think. I lead all season long and Krash managed squeeze in to first on the last sim :(

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Maybe i should look at if swap made someone lose

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

I swapped out Seger for Selich after Selich had his hot streak. That lost me atleast 40 points I think. And I could have used that to swap a forward. Im really good at fantasy!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

01-10-2021, 01:39 PMluketd Wrote: Anyone who picks me is crazy. I’m not longer meta

Never were :gun:

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

01-10-2021, 02:44 PMThatguy91 Wrote: I swapped out Seger for Selich after Selich had his hot streak. That lost me atleast 40 points I think. And I could have used that to swap a forward. Im really good at fantasy!

I did the same thing. Would’ve been 1st, instead I’m 4th :(

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

01-10-2021, 03:27 PMkarlssens Wrote:
01-10-2021, 02:44 PMThatguy91 Wrote: I swapped out Seger for Selich after Selich had his hot streak. That lost me atleast 40 points I think. And I could have used that to swap a forward. Im really good at fantasy!

I did the same thing. Would’ve been 1st, instead I’m 4th :(

Oof, thats rough man. I still don't think I would have made it higher than 4th. Totally missed on both Morgan and Selman. Better luck next season!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

swapping FR Finn-Rhys for Jakob Hamr cost me 5 tpe in group 30

fuck me running

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Heeeeey, the Michaund/Finn-Rhys swap. My only regret is leaving that swap too late for it to be the best.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Nice recap man!

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

I still think my hunch is right!

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

If there's anything to learn from this, it's that FHN inspires people

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

you should join fhn

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!