Create Account

My first player has played his last game in juniours AMA
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021, 10:17 AM by W19eaver.)

Well after a more then disappointing 5 game loss in the opening round to the Vancouver Whalers, my player "Fearless" Phillip Weaver who will be getting called up next season to start in goal for the Tampa Bay Barracudas, has played his final game for the only SMJHL team he'll ever know. I created Phillip I think 3 or 4 days before the S55 SMJHL entry draft and even though I chose to create a goalie in an already over saturated goalie market, it was actually great timing however as the SMJHL had just expanded that offseason to include 2 new teams. Although I am a goalie and goalies aren't generally 1st round picks, but to much of my surprise I was chosen 9th overall by the new expansion team the Nevada Battleborn. Not only was I the first goalie off the board but also the first new create in a draft packed full of recreates. I attribute that 1st round showing to my media presence right away, I know I've slowed down in the past few months (it wont last forever medias my favorite part of this site) but I've been able to grow a sufficient bank account to keep me trained and coached all the time. Through my 3 seasons in Nevada we've been through some highs and a whole lot more lows. First of all I'd like to thank @Jearim and @Nokazoa for believing in me to stay active as a new create and choosing me to be there first ever starting goaltender. Second of all I'd like to thank my fellow teammate in Nevada and captain for the past 2 seasons @Andy, andy was one of the first users to contact me before the draft and we clicked right away and I'm pretty sure he's the one who helped raise my draft stock by talking me up to the gms at the time. Now I could go and thank every teammate I've had in Nevada because they all deserve it but I'll just broadly thank the rest of them for being great teammates <3. Now I will open up for the floor for any questions people may have for me about my time in juniors, what's up next for Phillip, general questions about my time or opinion of the league or just any random question you guys can come up with!

01-15-2021, 07:24 AMjRuutu Wrote: Which of the three seasons in juniors was your favorite?

What would you say is the most important attribute for goalies? What is the least important attribute? 

When looking at it now, what would be a good rookie season for you in SHL?

First of all thank you @jRuutu for the questions!

Honestly it was probably my first season, even though it was year the team did real bad, the team was full of actives the locker room was bumping and I was going mad with media and I GM'd canadas wjc team that first season so that was fun.

I always figured the most important stat for a goalie is stamina, really in fhm as a goalie your only going to be as good as the defense in front of you and while being positionally sound is super important as well, being fit to play every game is pretty key. Least important hmm probably skating but maybe a goalie whose been in the league longer would have a different opinion.

A good rookie season will see me back stop Tampa Bay into a playoff position.

01-15-2021, 10:45 AMrum_ham Wrote: How did you find the site, and what was your first week on the site like?

As a member of the NBB inaugural team, how has the locker room evolved since the beginning?

TBB is going to have a ridiculous amount of rookies next season. How do you think we'll perform with a new blueline and potentially a few new forwards?

Congrats on the junior career, Weaves! Let's tear it up next season  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda

@rum_ham thank you for the questions stoked to be your teammate next season!

Originally I had heard about the site through Ace as at the time we were in a FHM online league together, I remember that first week feeling super obsessed with it and checking the site with every free minute I could get 

Unfortunately I'd say it's more devolved than anything, first season and a half it was pretty bumping people were chatting pretty consistently even through all the losses, then a couple key inaugural members went inactive and the locker room went pretty quiet especially in the last half of this past season, I'm hoping it kicks back up once they draft in some new faces.

Well it won't be a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination but this team is shaping up to be a top team for many years and hopefully that starts with a playoff berth next season!

01-15-2021, 11:35 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: are you nervous to face 60 shots a game

Playing for the inaugural battleborn has prepared me for this 

01-15-2021, 11:52 AMGwdjohnson Wrote: Don't really have a question but good luck in the big show weavs, looking forward to seeing you debut with us in IIHF too  Canada

@Gwdjohnson thank you my good sir! Can't wait to be a multiple iihf gold medal winner  Canada

01-15-2021, 11:54 AMRangerjase Wrote: What are your initial expectations walking into Tampa?

The team is finally going to have an active earning Goaltender (since Blue left).  Do you think this will be the difference maker?

First of all thank you for the questions @Rangerjase, stoked to be your teammate this upcoming season. 

Well my expectations coming into Tampa are very simple, have fun. I'm not worried about the team and it's success, while Tampa figures to still be a rebuilding team so there will be some pain, watching how Dwight and Trella are putting in the effort to make this team successful, I truly believe in the process and we will be winning multiple  challenge cups in no time. 

And honestly I don't think it'll be much of a difference maker, goalies seem to be more of a product of their defense in front of them in FHM than anything else, the biggest differrence an active goaltender will make is that Tampa can have an active scapegoat to blame all their losses on.

01-15-2021, 08:38 PMNokazoa Wrote: Just want to say you were a great pick and a gem of a person. i hope you have a good career in SHL and that tampa treats you right

Thank you soo much for the kind words @Nokazoa, I really appreciate them and hope you and Jay the best of luck with the Battleborn !

01-15-2021, 11:36 PMWawazat Wrote: @W19eaver  
Weav, I wish you the best in your quest to make the ‘Cuda a contending franchise..And here’s some Q’s..

1.  If you could design your own custom pads for Tampa what would they look like?

2.  Is it true that the Tampa arena doubles as a fish market on weekends?... that would explain the ‘Low Tide’ stink.

3.  Will you be posting a “Low Tide Tribune” weekly next season?

All kidding aside I wish you success my little brother.-C.K.

@Wawazat Thank you soo much for the kind words and questions, you've been an absolute amazing teammate and couldn't of been more happy to share the crease with you  Heart

If I could design my own custom pads, I would pay somebody else to come up with an idea and pull it off, that kind of creativity is not my forte and I'm sure I would wear them and love them. 

Hey the organization had to help recoup some losses after that famous 0 - 50 season. 

I may or may not release a quarterly issue on everything Tampa or I might start releasing Battle Reports again only time will tell!

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Which of the three seasons in juniors was your favorite?

What would you say is the most important attribute for goalies? What is the least important attribute?

When looking at it now, what would be a good rookie season for you in SHL?

How did you find the site, and what was your first week on the site like?

As a member of the NBB inaugural team, how has the locker room evolved since the beginning?

TBB is going to have a ridiculous amount of rookies next season. How do you think we'll perform with a new blueline and potentially a few new forwards?

Congrats on the junior career, Weaves! Let's tear it up next season  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

are you nervous to face 60 shots a game

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Don't really have a question but good luck in the big show weavs, looking forward to seeing you debut with us in IIHF too  Canada

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

What are your initial expectations walking into Tampa?

The team is finally going to have an active earning Goaltender (since Blue left).  Do you think this will be the difference maker?

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Just want to say you were a great pick and a gem of a person. i hope you have a good career in SHL and that tampa treats you right

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

@W19eaver 
Weav, I wish you the best in your quest to make the ‘Cuda a contending franchise..And here’s some Q’s..

1.  If you could design your own custom pads for Tampa what would they look like?

2.  Is it true that the Tampa arena doubles as a fish market on weekends?... that would explain the ‘Low Tide’ stink.

3.  Will you be posting a “Low Tide Tribune” weekly next season?

All kidding aside I wish you success my little brother.-C.K.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa