Create Account

I Want To Hear Your Favorite Album pt. 2: Not so Flat?

Good evening SHL! I'm all done with album number.. 2. I am not at 50 yet so if you want to submit one, follow this link!

Cavalcade by The Flatliners

[Image: 220px-Cavalcade_%28The_Flatliners_album%29.jpg]

I have heard of this band, but never listened to them.

Cover Art Rating: 6/10
The art is cool in a twisted kind of way. The art work makes sense to the title of the album as well. Cavalcade - "a formal procession of people walking, on horseback, or riding in vehicles." This one looks like it was attacked..

Lyric Rating: 3/10
Nothing special about the lyrics themselves. Typical punk rock with harsh, agitated vocals. Nothing wrong with that, I grew up on metal and even played in metal bands. The lyrics are about what you can expect from a modern punk rock band. Yelling about angst-y topics like friends and girlfriends. It hits right when you're in the mood for it, but not so much if you are really listening to the song. Just my opinions, you may find them deeper for your own reasons.

Music Rating: 5/10
It's punk rock. Turn the gain up and strum some power chords. Overall, punk songs are fun to listen to for the aggression and the music is doing right by that. It was a fun listen.

Favorite Song: Count Your Bruises
I think this one had the best arrangement and grabbed my attention. I can see this on a punk playlist I would listen to when I'm feeling nostalgic.

Not So Favorite Song: He Was A Jazzman
Well this is awkward... They wanted to do a slow ska beat and I'm good with that, but it felt forced more than anything. The chorus sounds like a Less Than Jake song so that's alright?

Overall Nic Score: 5/10
It's not a bad album, but not really something I would listen to a lot of. @hewasajazzman I can see why you like it, but it isn't my cup.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2021, 01:51 AM by hewasajazzman.)

grew up on a lot of 90s pop and later got into punk so you can see how that translates. picked up a guitar and played in punk bands through highschool so i get where you are coming from in terms your own playing. the two biggest things for me here are their songwriting ability (which is obviously decently simplistic but refined), not so much lyrically as its the last thing i listen to, and the actual sound of the album itself.