Create Account

Rulebook Changes 1/16/20
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 04:44 PM by luke.)

These are the Rulebook changes/additions are as follows

For
II. League Rules
C. Your player/Multiple Players
C. Changing your position
VI.  When you change your position from Forward to Defenseman, Shooting Accuracy will be a free redistribution down to 12. After that you must pay to redistribute your TPE. When you change your position from Defenseman to Forward Shot Blocking and Shooting Range will be a free redistribution down to 12, and after that you must pay to redistribute your TPE.

So it will look like

Code:
II. League Rules

C.  Your Player/Multiple Players
  C. Changing your position:
Once per career, a player (forward or defenseman) may pay to completely change the position of their player.
Goalies may not change their position.
It costs $8,000,000 to change your player’s position from forward to defense (and vice versa).
To change your position, make a custom transaction in the “Other Purchases” section of your Bank Account. List “$8,000,000” as the Amount, “Position Change” as the Title, then select “Make Purchase”. Post the link to the transaction page that is created to your update page to notify your updater of the position change, as well as what role your player will now be in FHM (the Player Builder tool lists all the options). Your position change will be reflected in the sim following your next update.
Players who change positions must comply with the positional stat caps detailed in Section 2, Subsection A, Article 2.
When you change your position from Forward to Defenseman, Shooting Accuracy will be a free redistribution down to 12. After that you must pay to redistribute your TPE. When you change your position from Defenseman to Forward Shot Blocking and Shooting Range will be a free redistribution down to 12, and after that you must pay to redistribute your TPE.

II. League Rules
E.
7. Absolutely no other form of currency or merchandise may be offered when talking to Free Agents or RFA's.
The punishment for violating this rule is
Can't sign said player for 2 seasons
Half GM pay
The Teams Closest 2nd

In the Rulebook it will look as the following
Code:
II: League Rules
E - Contracts

The minimum amount a player can be signed for is determined by their TPE total EARNED at the time of their contract signing (save for the clause listed in Section 1, Subsection E, Rule 3a) as follows:
Tier 1 (<300 TPE) - $500,000
Tier 2 (300+ TPE) - $1,000,000
Tier 3 (500+ TPE) - $2,000,000
Tier 4 (700+ TPE) - $3,000,000
Tier 5 (1000+ TPE) - $4,000,000
Tier 6 (1300+ TPE) - $5,000,000
Tier 7 (1600+ TPE) - $6,000,000
The maximum amount of seasons a player can be signed for is determined by which TPE tier they fall into, listed in Section 2, Subsection E, Rule 1, as follows:
Tiers 1-6: 3 season maximum contract length.
Tier 7: 5 season maximum contract length.
Hometown Discounts:
Hometown Discounts are discounted contracts that players can opt into, allowing them to sign at 1 TPE tier lower than normal, or 2 TPE tiers lower if they’re a tier 7 player (1600+ TPE).
Each SHL team may have no more than 2 Hometown Discounts on their budget.
Hometown Discount contracts can be no longer than 3 seasons.
Players are ineligible for a Hometown Discount with an SHL team unless they have played there for 6 seasons or more.
Once a player becomes eligible for a Hometown Discount with a team, they will always retain that eligibility, even if they leave that team and come back in the future.
If a player with a Hometown Discount contract is traded, that player will count towards the new teams 2-player Hometown Discount maximum.
If the new team already possesses 2 Hometown Discount contracts on their budget, the traded player will have their contract adjusted up to match the proper TPE tier, and they will be on a normal contract.
When a player contract expires, and another contract has not yet been signed, barring special cases listed in Section 2, Subsection I, that player will become an Unrestricted Free Agent. Unrestricted Free Agents have the freedom to negotiate a new contract with any SHL team once Free Agency has opened.
Free Agency is a period where SHL Teams and Unrestricted Free Agents can engage in contract discussion. Once the SHL Draft has concluded, SHL teams are given permission to talk to Free Agents and discuss contracts with them, and Unrestricted Free Agents may officially sign with a new team at 12:00PM EST, the day after the SHL Entry Draft.
The first SHL Contract a player signs following their SHL Draft is an Entry Level Contract.
Absolutely no other form of currency or merchandise may be offered when talking to Free Agents or RFA's.
The punishment for violating this rule is
Can't sign said player for 2 seasons
Half GM pay
The Teams Closest 2nd

Another Addition to the Rulebooks
GM Rules
C - Budget
8. General Managers and Co General Managers must be signed to a contract when they get drafted to the SHL. The only time that a GM or Co-GM would not be under contract is their first SMJHL season

So it will look like

Code:
GM rules

C- Budget

The SHL Salary Cap is $75,000,000.
Send-Down Players (defined in Section 2, Subsection H) will have the first $2,000,000 of their salary paid out by the SMJHL team who owns their rights, applying to their salary cap. Any additional salary over the first $2,000,000 will count towards the Send-Down Player’s SHL Team’s salary cap.
SHL Teams are forbidden from using Salary Cap Space as an asset in trades.
Retaining Salary:
SHL teams may retain salary on a maximum of 2 contracts.
SHL teams can acquire a maximum of 2 contracts with retained salary.
SHL teams may only retain on the first 3 seasons of a player’s contract that they trade away.
The maximum amount that can be retained on an SHL contract is 50%.
Contracts that are 2 or more seasons long can only be traded with retained salary after the first season of said contract has elapsed.
Contracts that are 1 season long can only be traded with retained salary after the 25 game mark of the regular season.
A contract cannot have retained salary via multiple teams.
If a player meets the requirements for a bonus in their contract, the bonus is paid out and counts towards the following season’s cap (ex. Player achieves a bonus in S50, bonus is paid out in S51 and counts towards the S51 Salary Cap).
If a team spends more than their Salary Cap allows, they will be issued a cap fine equal to twice the amount of the surplus towards the following season’s cap.
General Managers that exceed the Salary Cap for two seasons in a row will be fired.
General Managers must post their team’s budget (Part of the offseason work listed in Section 1, Subsection B, Rule 3) by the deadline or they will face the punishments listed in Section 1, Subsection B, Rule 3.b. General Managers must navigate to their SHL Team’s Site Profile, Navigate to the Budget subforum, and create a thread to post their completed/updated budget for the next season. Team budgets must be posted as a spreadsheet in the following format:
General Managers and Co General Managers must be signed to a contract when they get drafted to the SHL. The only time that a GM or Co-GM would not be under contract is their first SMJHL season

Another Addition for the lottery odds

III. Head Office Rules
e.
The Following Places in the regular season determine the lottery odds.
13th - 5 balls
14th - 10 balls
15th - 15 balls
16th - 20 balls
17th - 25 balls
18th - 35 balls

And the final addition is for the active backup goalie rule that we introduced in the beginning of the season

I. GM Rules
B - Management Requirements

1A. Teams are required to start their backup goalie a minimum of 12 games per regular season. Failure to do so will result in the following punishments:
a. A fine of $2,000,000 per missed start assessed to the offending team’s Salary Cap, maximum of $12,000,000, for the following season.
b. The team must start their backup goalie an additional number of games equal to twice the number of missed starts the following season, in addition to the 12 minimum.
c. General Managers that fail to meet the backup goalie requirement for two seasons in a row will be fired.

1B. Cap relief will be provided of 50% of the backups salary, up to a maximum of 2M.

Teams must apply prior to the beginning of the season to be eligible for this back up goalie cap relief. Head Office will approve or deny this relief based on the following conditions:

Active Backup Goaltender
1- Backup is an active goaltender. For this rule specifically, we are defining activity as updating at least once during the season prior to which cap relief is given. This season will be defined from the offseason post until the end of the playoffs the next season.

2 - Start a minimum of 25% of all games. This is equal to 17 games in the upcoming 66 game season.

3 - Be a SHL rostered goalie for the entire season. This means that teams do not get further cap relief on send-down goaltenders that they call up to play back-up games.

4 - The backup goaltender must start fewer games than the starting goaltender.

5 - The backup goalie must be designated in GM Tasks, when the GM applies for relief, and cannot be changed midway through the season.

6 - The backup goalie must be in their draft + 2 season at the minimum. (Served 2 seasons in the SMJHL previously)

7 - Players on HomeTown Discount contracts are not eligible for cap relief.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Before getting into anything else, "These are the Rulebook changes/additions that we are changing to the rulebook are as follows" is a terrible sentence

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

7. Absolutely no other form of currency, merchandise, or incentive may be offered when talking to Free Agents or RFA's.

wtf. I was planning on offering froyo to FAs

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

01-16-2021, 10:03 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Before getting into anything else, "These are the Rulebook changes/additions that we are changing to the rulebook are as follows" is a terrible sentence

This is what I get for typing this part while doing a podcast. Everything else is more thought out I promise

01-16-2021, 09:51 PMluketd Wrote: These are the Rulebook changes/additions are as follows

when are the role rules will be in the book ? (ctrl+f 'shadow' gives me nothing)

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

01-16-2021, 10:14 PMEvok Wrote:
01-16-2021, 09:51 PMluketd Wrote: These are the Rulebook changes/additions are as follows

when are the role rules will be in the book ? (ctrl+f 'shadow' gives me nothing)

when I add these in

01-16-2021, 10:15 PMluketd Wrote:
01-16-2021, 10:14 PMEvok Wrote: when are the role rules will be in the book ? (ctrl+f 'shadow' gives me nothing)

when I add these in

cool, since they werent listed i prefered to bring it up but nice to know you were planning to do it too

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

01-16-2021, 10:18 PMEvok Wrote:
01-16-2021, 10:15 PMluketd Wrote: when I add these in

cool, since they werent listed i prefered to bring it up but nice to know you were planning to do it too

They are in the google doc but not in the actual thread so Ill have to move them over

01-16-2021, 09:51 PMluketd Wrote: II. League Rules
E.
7. Absolutely no other form of currency, merchandise, or incentive may be offered when talking to Free Agents or RFA's.

God I hate asking these kinds of questions cuz of how sus it looks :MonkaS: but since it doesn't say is there some sort of punishment for infringing on this? If so would it be treated similarly to tampering or not as strongly?

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

01-16-2021, 10:03 PMNokazoa Wrote: 7. Absolutely no other form of currency, merchandise, or incentive may be offered when talking to Free Agents or RFA's.

I am saddened that meat will no longer be available.

Are you saying I coulda asked GMs to buy me games on Steam to sign me? Damn I missed my chance

Jk, good on HO closing those loopholes, keep it coming

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

01-16-2021, 09:51 PMluketd Wrote: 7. Absolutely no other form of currency, merchandise, or incentive may be offered when talking to Free Agents or RFA's.

So no more free agent blowies? Damn

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

When will your tyrannical reign end?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-16-2021, 10:03 PMNokazoa Wrote: 7. Absolutely no other form of currency, merchandise, or incentive may be offered when talking to Free Agents or RFA's.

my bad fam I ruined it

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother