Create Account

S57 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 07:07 PM by .Laser.)

PBE Affiliate, +3 TPE

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

Honestly I kinda was nonplussed by my player James Kimanje this season. I asked Noka and Jay to try and make him into an MVP candidate, but only if it didn't hurt the team. I was coming off of the Vyacheslav Onoprienko trophy, given to the most underrated player in the SMJHL, and that was an achievement I was quite proud of. I thought it would be nice to go from most underrated to MVP. However, it didn't quite end up like that, unfortunately. Nevada ended up finishing with a record of 30-29-7, good for 9th in the league and just barely over .500. We were eliminated from the playoffs and that was that. However, this season I was able to hit all of my milestone goals, and even hit one extra, which is an improvement from last season when the only one I was able to claim was Hits. The number one thing I am happy about from this season, though, is my shooting percentage. I made 24 goals on 120 shots, good for a very respectable 20% shooting. That was good enough for the lead in players with over 20 shots, so I am extraordinarily pleased with that. (200 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (100 words min.)

Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

James has a certain charity group he likes to help out as much as he can, and he doesn't really care where he goes. He's been doing it more and more frequently lately in the streets of Las Vegas, and it makes it very easy to stay anonymous when everyone is wearing masks. He loves to go to soup kitchens, food banks, anything that helps feed the hungry, and donate money, food, clothes, and most important to him, time. He donates material things, but with his salary making him among the more wealthy members around the city, he likes to invest at least 5 hours a week into the homeless and less fortunate community. Growing up in Africa, James knows damn well how hard it can be, and anything that he can do to help out those around him, he's gonna take that chance. (144 words)

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.

1. Above Winnipeg:
Is it a bird? Flying car?
No. A Jet, for now.

2. Axes, helmets, war
The Nevada Battleborn
Hail, victorius

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

bananaas

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever. Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!
James Kimanje is of African descent, is a generally strong individual overall, as is to be expected of a hockey player, and works out daily to keep his muscles as toned and as large as possible. He enjoys being an intimidating human that turns out to be a (mostly) gentle giant when you get to know him. However, I think it's pretty clear what his OnlyFans (which he made free!) would consist of. That's right, his very large, very impressive, very breathtaking photo collection! James is an avid amateur photographer in his free time, and loves to take pictures of wildlife surrounding his rustic Nevada home and the birds flying around his apartment in Winnipeg. However, while in Winnipeg with far less freedom, (being in the city with a rampant virus is far different than being ten miles from the nearest highway like his home in Nevada), James enjoys doing timed photographs out his window and balcony. He'll occasionally pose in business attire, sometimes shirtless, but never nude. James does not believe in selling out his body for any reason except hockey, his one true love. (186 words)

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 03:37 PM by yosh.)

Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

For Vaseline Podcalzone, it was certainly a season that he met expectations on. With most of the Four Star Cup winning roster having gotten called up to the spotlights of the Simulation Hockey League, all eyes were on the Russian third year winger to step up in a big spot for the team. Having earned assistant captaincy ahead of the start of the season, not only was the Newfoundland management expecting him to continue to be a locker room presence, but also step up on the ice as well. Podcalzone did just that, netting 16 goals and setting up players 29, good for a 45 point season, most of which was either spent in the top six or on the Berserkers’ top line. Podcalzone’s success certainly stems from holding himself accountable, as he knew that he needed to step up as one of the team’s veterans. Heading into his fourth season as one of the longest tenured players on the team, Podcalzone will have to continue to play his physical, hard nosed game while still lighting up the scoreboard.

WC: 179

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

A build that I would really be interested in is a passing/breakout defenseman, similar to Chris Tanev or Nate Schmidt. It’s somewhat similar to a 2 way defenseman but their main specialty is passing. This build would be ideal for generating strong breakouts from the team’s own zone, setting up a long pass into the neutral zone and gaining huge momentum for the rush instead of struggling to get the puck out of the team’s defensive zone. The key attribute would definitely be passing, followed by a general balance of defensive attributes, such as shot blocking and checking, as well as several offensive attributes, such as shooting range and stick handling.

WC: 112

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

Vaseline Podcalzone will have his hands full over the off-season by participating in a visit to the local St. John’s Children’s Hospital. It has been a long-time annual tradition for Berserkers players to take a visit and interact with the hospital’s patients. This isn’t just a PR move either, as Podcalzone and the other players that visited are also there to present a cheque to the local hospital foundation as part of the team’s promised goal of donating $1000 to the foundation for every goal scored in Season 57 of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League regular season. Podcalzone can give himself a pat on the back, as his 16 goals this season means that he helped to donate $16,000 to this terrific cause. In total, the Berserkers scored 161 goals on the season, good for a grand total of $161,000. After presenting the cheque, the players then get the terrific opportunity of signing autographs for the children. After all, what good is a visit without autographs?

WC: 169

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

In the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League finals, it certainly came as a surprise that the Quebec City Citadelles failed to make the finals, especially after such a tremendous regular season effort that they put on. They had one of the best regular season performances of all time in the SMJHL and you really would have expected them to make that playoff push. Alas, they didn’t look that great in the playoffs, as the Berserkers, a team that was nowhere as good on paper compared to the Citadelles, were able to push them to six games. They actually were a game away from making it to the Four Star Cup finals, but Anchorage made a huge rally and won games six and seven. Still, Quebec will take another run at it next season for sure, but after that it’ll be interesting to see how they do as they can likely expect a handful of call ups after that point.

WC: 159
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I’m never really necessarily in the loop with the IIHF tournament, since my first tournament was just last season with Team Russia, who I think will fare well this tournament with a lot of their players getting better and gaining more TPE, but they likely won’t necessarily come home with the gold medal. I think Team Japan can do pretty well off the backs of Martijn Westbroek and Ryuuji Minamino. This is a team stacked with a lot of depth and I would expect them to come home with a medal. Naturally Team Canada and Team USA remain the strong powerhouses of the tournament and I’d expect them to contend for medals. I think some of the other European teams can also prove to be dark horses in the tournament, and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the Scandinavian teams ends up coming home with a medal by the end of the tournament.

WC:154

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?

Honestly speaking, both teams are filled with talent and it’s tough to see a hole in either team’s depth. Both teams have a strong forward group as well as a reliable blueline corps. I’d be very surprised if there was a sweep, to be honest. This series could easily go to 6 or 7 games.

WC: 55
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?

I want to say that Hamilton has the slightest edge over the Chicago Syndicate. They have a lot of players on the leaderboard for power play points. However, both teams are fairly similar as far as how they’re structured. Both teams have a power play quarterback defenseman, with the Steelhawks using Gabriel Johnson and the Syndicate using Corey Kennedy. Ultimately, power plays can be very streaky. Whichever team’s power play is on during the series can likely take the cup home.

WC: 81
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

I really like Hamilton’s team colors. The steel grey fits really well with the blue. I feel like Chicago’s bright yellow color doesn’t mesh well with the Syndicate concept. I think their branding concepts could really do well with more darker colors. Still, the Chicago Syndicate name and location feels really creative, although the Steelhawks works really well with the colors that they picked out.

WC: 65

Total: 16 TPE

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 10:53 PM by JNH.)

As with last season, you can't be disappointed to finishing second in the scoring race yet again to a player from Hamilton. You really can't ask for much more than that and once again, Westy just showed up and powered it out. But on a serious note, Chicago won the challenge cup and that's really the only goal I had - individual or team. I wanted to help my team reach the pinnacle of the SHL and we got there as a unit together. I played a part but so did everyone else. Next season? I'm gonna try to do just as much while also maybe shoring it up a bit more defensively. Let's drop 90 points but also lead the league in CF%. Maybe even I'll go in and pop off in goals against per 60. Oh wait I basically did that. Hm. Idk, I'm sure I'll figure it out. Maybe I'll bump up positioning cause it's always good to learn more positions. Yanoe.

Martijn decided to spend his off-season giving back to the community that he grew up in so he flew back to the Netherlands and got to work. His first order of business was making sure that all the kids in his hometown that wanted to play hockey had the opportunity to so he arranged for donations of equipment in Canada, had it chucked on a plane and then received it at the airport. Secondly, he wanted to ensure that all hockey leagues were in a place where those inside them felt safe. He bought a contraption, went to the New York Rangers game, whispered into the device after a goal against and it sent a voice yelling at the Rangers goalie Georgiev "what the fuck are you doing you idiot". It was in his teammate DeAngelo's voice so Georgiev took issue and they got into a scuffle. The next day, the Rangers waived DeAngelo and the NHL was a safer and happier place for all involved. The true meaning of charity.

4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
JNH is me
Martijn Westbroek my player
Score second most points

Chicago is win
Cup is ours oh yes it is
Its my kind of town

Nyko has lots girl
Chair daddy eraser girl
Who the fuck are they

Turtles bring power
Turtles bring cup to Chi-town
Turtles are the key

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

Oh it's gotta be the Berserkers. Not only did they stomp all over Maine in the first round, but they're also just the best team in the league bar none. You might be like - oh they finished at the bottom of the standings in the regular season. Look at me - do I look like I care about your regular season standings? Nah. They're a joke. Berserkers went around rockin people. The league had to make them trade Livius because he was adding to the rocking and there were far too many jabronis getting rocked for the head office to stomach.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Oh once again I have to go with my brethren and say that Japan's going to pop off again. We have been putting it together more and more every year and we've made it to the medal games in the last two years. It's only a matter of time before we capture the gold medal and I think this could be the year. The youth is only getting better which was our issue in terms of depth for the most part. Our regressing guys are still absolute studs and I think there's a lot that teams like Canada and the USA should be scared about as we prep for this year's tournament. What's scarier than having to look at Minamino's face for 20 minutes a night? Not much. On top of that, I think that you should look for my boy Vaseline Podcalzone to pop off and have a great tournament in Russia. The kid is just a stud and I think he'll start to put his name on the map here.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

Luffy to McDavid is a horrible comparison because Luffy can at least win a cup. Same with comparing chicago to Nashville. What the fuck is going on here? Anyways, I'd definitely say that SDCore while commish was the Bettman because he was terrible and should be booed but every now and then did some good things and you'd be like ay I respect that but then he'd do something stupid and you'd be like ah there he is again - the corey we know and love. Now that nour's in charge I don't know, maybe he's like the Roberto Luongo of the league cause he's still on the payroll but I actually don't ever see him around anymore? Like I know he's doin stuff somewhere but I couldn't tell you where that place is. But like.. keep it up cause the league is big chillin rn. Oh also nour if you see this let Chicago have like 2 or 3 banners. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?

Hm, it's a little late to say now but I would've thought HAM would have an advantage due to their experience in big games and the sim potentially taking that into account. I was wrong because Chicago ended up coming out ahead and Hamilton stumbled a bit but I can't say anyone really thought that the series would be over in only 5 games in Chicago's favour. But hey - I'm not complaining cause that was kinda dope.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

SUBMITTED - SDCORE IS THE WORD

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 07:44 AM by jRuutu.)

My season was alright. I had 41 points in 61 games, I was the second-best point producer in Nevada, but when you take into consideration my role - I should have been closer to a point per game pace. For example, I had 12 goals with 126 shots, which is simply not good enough. I had 146 hits, which was the best among all Battleborn players. I was aiming for the magical 200 hit milestone, but 146 is not terrible for a center especially. I also got into three fights, did not win any of them, but I think simply showing that I'm up for little 1v1 tells it all. Like I said, alright season but I had more in me.

For next season I need to skate more with and without the puck. I should use my shot more and crash the net as I did in the previous season. The goals and points will come, simply put it - I will focus on being a better offensive player. (158)

Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

''The Equalizer''. The role I have in mind is a pure offensive player and when I say pure - the player is brutal defensively and physically. Every single defensive attribute is capped at 2. Speed, acceleration, etc would be capped at 5. The equalizer would realistically see the ice only during the powerplay, the equalizer could have wicked shot or great passing skills. The attributes that support the offensive production would be the key/important attributes. Total creative freedom in that sense, but as mentioned - defense and skating skills are worse than worse. The point is that the coaches would use the player only when the team needs to get a goal and/or when there is an offensive zone faceoff. The offensive side would make it worth it to have such a player in the team. (135)

Raivo Helminen is a man who likes to help people. Unfortunately, the opportunities to do so during the season are sometimes limited, but now that the season is over Raivo does not have to travel as much. During the ongoing off-season, it was reported that Raivo was one of the ''coaches'' in a hockey camp for children in Nevada. The camp aimed to promote the game of hockey and also offer the kids something fun to do.

The camp was free and aimed at families who normally would not be able to afford such camps. All the equipment, food, and housing were free for the kids. Every day players like Raivo would take the kids to the ice and play around in various hockey and non-hockey related activities. For example, a simple game of tag is an excellent way to practice skating. Off the ice, activities included baking treats and tours around Nevada.

The camp lasted for five days and if we believe the kids, it was a blast. (170)

Canada is the obvious answer, they have a lot of talent in the system and are the favorite every single year. Last season they won ten out of the 12 round robin games, but they did not win the gold - I think, so I'm expecting them to come in hot again and show everybody they deserve to win it.  If I try to think of teams that might not do so well, Finland, Russia, and Latvia all three had only two wins in last year's tournament. Unfortunately, I think the same trio might have a tough time again as it has not been that long since the last tournament ended.

Lastly, players who might do well. Michael Scarn is one. He had the most points in last year's tournament and he leads the SHL in scoring this season, so I'm fully expecting him to be one of the top scorers in the upcoming IIHF tournament. Monkey D. Luffy and Julio Tokolosh two other names that are worth mentioning. These two were the only ones who scored over 40 goals this year in SHL, look for them to fire away for their nations. (190)

SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

Hamilton Steelhawks are like the Tampa Bay Lighting, they have ''unfair advantages'' from having close connections to the league leadership. Or that has been the case historically. The lack of punishment for ruining the sim engine is evidence A, second point is how they seemed to be better prepared for potential stamina issues for this upcoming season than maybe some other teams. Are they just lucky and/or hard-working or is it something else?

The comparison for Tampa Bay comes through Tampa not having to deal with the state income tax, which in NHL translates into players having more money in their pockets. Tampa can afford to pay the players less and as result, they might be able to fit in a couple of quality players more than quite a few other teams in NHL. 

When looking at the players, Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebr had the most hits with 398 hits. He is someone like Mark Borowiecki. Not the flashiest player offensively maybe, but he sure knows how to hit. Monkey D. Luffy could be compared to David Pastrnak. Great offensive players, both lead their leagues in scoring goals. Neither is known for their physicality.

In net, Elizabeth Doyle and Andrei Vasilevskyi, two elite goalies who can steal games on their own. Both play behind great teams. (200)

d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?

Staring contest with Luke Atmey. The main question I have is that do I have to wear my glasses? If not, I'm feeling rather confident. I can't see anything without my glasses, so whatever little games Atmey would try or simply the stress of having to look at his eyes would not have any effect as I would be basically blind. If wearing the glasses is in the rules, then this competition would be a tricky one. I might start laughing for whatever reason, perhaps from the stress and pressure. Anyways, staring competition without a doubt is what I'd like the most. (100)

Post your verification word in your CW post: Tree

= 16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 02:48 AM by Rotti.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) 3 TPE

Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?\

Well, this season really broke all expectation I could've had going into the year. I was expecting 30 or so points, maybe 5 or 6 goals. This is usually the statline for a rookie, as FHM is unforgiving to most low TPE builds. I broke this mold this year, as I put up 59 points in 66 games on Hamilton's 3rd line. I came 4 points short of breaking the rookie record for points due to a slow last few games, but I still don't think I can really ask for anything more when it comes to individual performance. Next season I doubt I'll be as good, but you never know, maybe the sim has decided I am the one rookie who gets to play good his whole career. I'd attribute my success to both making sure important attributes were higher than non important ones, and the fact that I got to play with one of the best players in SHL history in Aaron Wilson.

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason? 6 TPe

This season the Hamilton Steelhawks will be participating in a ton of charitable causes. Recently, it has come to the Steelhawks attention that the Hamilton fertility center is in disrepair, with many parts of the building requiring serious repairs. This will mean the Steelhawks need to come together, and help with repairs to many parts of the building. Bringing out our checkbooks, along with our two hands and some tools to really get down to work. We will also be visiting the Hamilton Children's hospital, to try and bring some good cheer and happiness to kids who maybe be struggling with illnesses and ailments at such a young age. The Hamilton community is very important to the players, and we hope we can have another successful offseason giving back to the community who has supported us over the past 50+ years! I've heard that newly appointed captain Gabriel Johnson will be opening his own new children's center to help kids with after school programs. 

4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE 8 TPE

Rotticus Scott 
He Had a PogChamp season
Go Hamilton Birds

Chicago very quiet
Stalking their pray through the night
Does Not phase the birds

Jack Kanoff Defense
Is good, or bad? I think Good. 
Seattle, fun team

Nour Harrak Commish
He runs our league very well
I hope he is nice

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why? 10 TPE

Pretty easy one here, by far the best team to not make the finals in the SHL was the Buffalo Stampede. It suck that we can't somehow have a 3 team final, because for the next couple seasons (and even more is some of these other teams keep bailing out the big three) we're basically just going to have a toss up of the top 3 in the great lakes of who makes the finals. Honestly if Toronto could somehow make the playoffs it'd probably be a top 4 toss up of all great lakes teams at least one year. Buffalo were really good this season, and I'm sure they'll be back in the semi-finals again next season challenging for a spot in the challenge cups.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. 14 TPE
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?

a. I think Hamilton has the advantage in this series. While TPE might be somewhat even, or skewed towards Chicago even, I think the builds on Hamilton are more efficient for the Hamilton system. Players like Rotticus Scott, Rikard Hammarberg, and Bork Lazer are all either rookies or sophomores, and definitely outperforming their age group at the current time. While it could be that they're on lines with higher TPE players, I think the builds are the key. 

b. Gonna go with Hamilton again on this one. Scarn, Morgan, and Clapper are all what I would consider faces of the SHL, and they're also manning Hamilton's powerplay unit. Having to play against those three at the same time even strength is enough of a headache, but now you only have 80% of a man to match on each of them.

c. Again, love Hamilton's branding. As I've been on both of these teams, I appreciate both team's looks, but I've always been a sucker for any team that uses silver. I think if the Syndicate had a newer looking logo they might be a bit better looking, but I feel like its hard to make a logo that matches the coolness of the Syndicate name. 

d. I'm reaching for things on high shelves with Dale Miller, 100%.  That cute little guy always needs some help, and I'll be excited to help him out. I know Dale is also quite strong even though he is so small, so he might be able to help me lift whatever we're getting when I get it around head high for him. What a guy that Dale Miller. 

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post. 17 TPE

verification: heyiminthis
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 09:59 AM by TheSparkyDee.)

This season for my player Zakkira Diporov and the Winnipeg Jets… we made it to the semi finals and my player had a great playoff for a rookie. In 18 games played in the playoffs he had 6 goals with 5 assists adding to 11 points with a +4 for the plus and minus stat. This is my first time being positive in my first season playing in the SHL. I am going to count this season stats to it as well because I was minus 3 this season and then a plus 4 during the playoffs so that counts! I had a great season, overall. I can not be more proud of Zakkira Diporov and the Winnipeg Jets this season, we were not supposed to be in the semis against the all mighty hammy’s birds. The way we battled Edmonton and Hamilton. Next season we will be back and try to go father and go for the cup!

My new player would be a straight goon defenseman! I want to hit everyone and everybody, no shooting, no passing…. Just straight hitting you in the mouth and making you bleed everywhere. The ability to hit will scare the offense and not even want to come in to the zone to try and score. And when you get a very froggy player who tries to enter the zone… MY NEW PLAYER WILL PUNISH WHOEVER COMES INTO HIS ZONE!!!! A goon player is a fun role, because when a player hits and hits and hits… and loves to fight, the opposing teams will have to change their game plan due to my new GOON player.

Zakkira and the Winnipeg Jets held a fundraiser during the offseason, all the money raised would go. It usually lasts the whole offseason. So, there is new hockey league during the offseason of the Winnipeg Jets season, this is the second annual Winnipeg Offseason PEE WEE hockey tourney. The coaches for this tourney are only Winnipeg Jets team. Zakkira Diporov and his team won it last season, and he was so happy for his team. But he wanted to take on a tougher challenge. He took the last kids available and called his team The Mighty Ducks! He had kids who were new at hockey, or good but a bad attitude with their other teammates. Zakkira tried to tell these kids to play as one and we will beat anyone. There were 16 teams and everyone made the playoff tourney of the tourney. Zakkira did not win any games with his team, but they had to face off against the best team… coached by the fierce goalie Strom Chamberlain. Zakkira’s team would go on and beat the number one team. He turned the Mighty Ducks into a winning team and finally would go on and win the CHAMPIONSHIP for this tourney. This fundraiser raised over $120,000 dollars for this fundraiser, and we raised over $45,000 last season so we doubled it.

I have been wanting to see a different team win other than Hammy, and we just might see it this Challenge Cup. But I think next season Tampa Bay Barracuda will win the cup. They will only lose 6 games next season, look out for that team to destroy Hamilton, Chicago, Manhattan, and Buffalo because this offense is going to be lethal…. It is going to average 7 goals a game. Look out SHL! Here come the Tampa Bay Barracuda… The goalie… they have a goalie? Right? Anyway they will only let 1 goal in every 5 games…. It is going to be a spectacular to watch next season!

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. 2/2 TPE

Winnipeg against Edmonton… This just happened and we know how it went down. The Winnipeg Jets was down 3 games and they reversed swept the Edmonton Blizzard. The people did not see it coming!!! We shocked the world! The Winnipeg Jets would go on to the semis and play against the hammys. But we fought hard and lost the series 4 to 1.

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Consider colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

Favorite two brands are the Detroit Falcons and St. Louis Scarecrows. Now it may seem weird to say both of those teams together in the same sentence, but the Detroit Falcons location is best location in the United States of America. HANDS DOWN! And St. Louis logo is actually pretty cool. And love these two teams goal horns.

15. HELLO THERE! - Verification word

8. Graphic Design T-Shirt
[Image: Annotation-2021-01-27-083529.jpg]

16/16 TPE

TO CLAIM!!!

Code:

I'm not sure if this season was much better or worse than last season. For me personally it was an average season. We cannot ignore the fact that we had more games compared to the previous seasons, so sure I've had more wins and more shutouts, but without looking into details and calculating it exactly, I don't think it was my best season (that one was probably S54). The main stat I'm looking at is SV%. I'm happy when it's over .920 and the best season I've had was .922. So until I beat that I wouldn't say it was a particularly good seaon. This season it was .918. Sure, GAA, shutouts and wins were better than last season, but I attribute that to the increased number of games. I can't do much to get better except the usual - fight regression. I'll do my best of course, but so much depends on the team and I know we will be better next season.
(164 words)

3 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (100 words min.)

My player would go around to underprivileged people in the local area that cannot afford their own coffee and buy coffee for everyone. How can we live in a world where people cannot afford coffee? Unbelievable! I could easily see getting some kind of deal from a coffee brand that would sponsor this. Coffee will make people happy. Perhaps the rest of the team can get involved as well. We could collect some used equipment, signed some autographs and similar material, auction it off and then use all the money to buy more coffee. The world can never have enough coffee. Let's give coffee to the people. (107 words)

3 TPE

Code:

Probably Winnipeg. At least that was my biggest surprise. Not many people expected them even to go as far as they did in the playoffs. Most people probably saw either Edmonton or Calgary or maybe Texas to be the last team from the West to be left in the playoffs and not Winnipeg. They were easily the best team from the West if we're looking at their playoff performance. They even won one game against Hamilton. Obviously you could say Buffalo as well, but I like the Winnipeg story better. Buffalo was expected to go as far as they did, Winnipeg surprised most of us.
(105 words)

2 TPE

Code:

I'm not sure if it's going to be much different than the previous years. Obviously I haven't paid all that much attention to other teams, but since I know the roster of my own team (Finland), I'd say that I don't see us go very far again, unfortunately. We still have the best goalies, but unfortunately we lost one of our top defenders (and the best name too) with Poopity Scoop. Got a few new rookies this time around which is good to see, but the team simply can't compete with the big teams like Canada etc. We even need to use a forward to play defense. Finland won't be the worst team, but likely in the bottom third I'd say. Any team that still uses Junior players with 425 TPE simply can't keep up with the big guys. There will always be some surprises in the end, but I'd be shocked if Canada didn't get a medal again this year.
(161 words)

3 TPE

Code:
Hockey is always a little random and a little bit of luck is involved. I don't really think either team is that much better than the other one. So if anything matters it's probably the people off the ice, managing the tactics, lines and all the stuff behind the scenes that we can't see. (54 words)
If we're looking at the numbers only then it looks like Hamilton has the advantage. They have three players with 4 PP points each and then three other players that have at least one PPP. On Chicago the 'best' player only has 2 PP points. Oddly enough the player with the most PPTOI on Chicago doesn't have a single PP point during the playoffs. (64 words)
Chicago. While I'm not really a fan of the city itself, I do like their branding. Mostly the color scheme. Black and gold looks stylish and even the name has a certain dark vibe that Hamilton doesn't have - in my opinion. Neither are really my favorites among all teams in the league, but since there isn't really much I like about Hamilton, Chicago wins here. (65 words)

3 TPE

Code:
CW Trivia:
Verfication word: coffee

3 TPE

Total:
claim 16 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 01:46 PM by Jogurtaa.)

Trivia (3TP) - FOOD

Task8
[Image: AjCFrBy.png]
Task9
[Image: WzKuRfP.jpg]
Task14
[Image: 17l3v6y.jpg]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 08:11 PM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
Back in the top 10 scoring charts, back in the 70 point range, and with a career high in assists, Wagstrom finally proved that he is the player the Manhattan Rage traded for a few years back. Wagstrom not only met the personal goals I had set, but he soared past them and reclaiming his legendary status that he held back in the original FHM transition days. It was great to hit 30 goals once more; while the extra games didn't hurt, scoring has gone down across the league, so it still is an excellent achievement. Wagstrom rolled out with a more balanced build, focusing more on honing physicals and improving passing rather than keeping shooting maxed, and the diversification paid off. He played better defensively and was able to set up plays as well as finish them, which makes him an elite threat once more. Continuing to further diversify and perhaps taking passing up another notch before the next season will keep my player in my GM's good graces hopefully and lead to another solid year.

Code:
The penalty kill specialist would add an additional, special teams focused role to the limited defensive options for forwards. If you need a defensively sound player to counter a vicious powerplay, as you would in real life with a guy like Anthony Cirelli, this is someone who can man that top unit and maintain solid positioning. Of course, positioning, shot blocking and stickchecking would be very important for slowing the power play in the neutral zone and stopping the opponent's shot attempts. Physical attributes would contribute in a more secondary way, as power play units tend to contain some of a team's fastest players, therefore, a penalty killing specialist needs to be fast to keep up and tough to grind it out.

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
Wagstrom takes the shot,
The goalie flails in the crease,
The puck made it in.

The Cup should be ours,
But it was not meant to be,
Knocked out once again.

The finals begin,
Chicago stares at their foe,
They will not give up.

Sweden wants a gold,
King Carl cheers us on from home,
We serve our country.

Code:
I am predicting that Team Sweden will build on our previous success after finally stepping back on to the podium last season. Having vanquished the monstrous United States two years in a row, this year will be the year that Sweden intends to transcend them at the group stage. Seemingly always in the same division and at each other's throat, Sweden's offense is finally strong enough to present a challenge to the USA on both fronts, no longer relying on the elite core of blueliners that have been their veteran leadership. I predict that an aging Great Britain will have a disappointing season, same for Czechia, while Japan will be the other one to surge to the top alongside Sweden, perhaps they are the surprise in the other division. Monkey D. Luffy and Ola Wagstrom have just hit regression and have something to prove on the world stage before it is too late, they are the players to watch.

Code:
The Hamilton Steelhawks are the Tampa Bay Lightning of the SHL. They are stacked on every line, they lead the league every year, they seem next to invincible and are the reigning cup champs. Both teams have all sorts of scorers, a bounty of talent....Theo Morgan, Aaron Wilson, Dick Clapper, Michael Scarn, all 2K guys who are way too good, how is it fair that a roster has all that talent? It's just miles ahead of the league, same as a team that can roll out Steven Stamkos, Nikita Kucherov, and Brayden Point all at once. You'd think that the Steelhawks would at least have a week third line, but no, everyone is over 1K TPE, some of those guys could be top line players on most other teams, if for some reason Hamilton lost someone they have plenty of guys just waiting to take their place and to fill it adequately. The depth is similar to the top nine strength of the Lightning, and it is certainly why both are considered the strongest in their leagues, are always favorites to win the Cup, dominate in the regular season, and are the envy of other teams' fans.

Code:
Verification: Done

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

My season was what one could call interesting. I did the MvdH special: started off really hot then cooled off drastically around the season's halfway point. My personal goal was 40 points at the beginning of the season and I got 48, which is great, but I get the feeling that I could've done better last season since I was a PPG or around there for half of the season. I excelled at being a balanced scorer, with my point total not skewing more towards goals or assists, and I thought that I did a really good job of producing at even strength (45 points either ES or on the PK) and staying out of the box (10 PIMs). However, I think that I need to step my defensive game up. My plus-minus was putrid (-37), I had 28 takeaways, 83 SBs, and 62 hits. I want to improve those numbers to show I can be a true two-way forward.

New England has grown into my home real quickly, and I've been involved in charitable causes around the city for a while since I've just really enjoyed Boston and wanted to find a way to give back to the fans who cheer me on even when I start sucking really badly halfway through the season. I normally volunteer at local food banks and hospitals, and I've really ramped it up this year to encourage people to stay safe. I'm a big proponent of mask-wearing and whenever I visit a school or hospital that I donate money to, I tell everyone there to mask up since it could save lives. Volunteering and giving food to food banks has also been really important since a lot of people have lost their jobs, leaving them with not enough money to get food. I'm happy to be able to give families the food they need to survive and hospitals the money they need to save people's lives; it's the least I could do.

I'm one of the rare people who really cares about the IIHF (I'm the co-head for team Switzerland) and I'm honestly really excited for this year's tournament. We made it out of the tougher group last year, one that featured a couple teams we'll be playing this year like Sweden and Latvia. I think we've got a good shot of making it out, as we've beaten Great Britain and Sweden before. I think Norway is going to shock a few people since they're just an underrated team with a lot of good players, but I think we've got an edge. I'm really excited to see an uncapped Nicolae Antonescu strut his stuff as our 1B to Markus Tegernako's 1A, I think FR Finn-Rhys is gonna be our blueline anchor, and a top line featuring sniper Elijah Jones and playmaker Lallo Selman is going to bring us some goals. We should be able to make the knockouts again, but I think we have a tough (yet manageable) group.

16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

Mitchell van der Heijden was late to the OnlyFans game since he didn't think he could use any OnlyFans money. He's making $5 million a year, why would he need OnlyFans? Well, he decided to do it, and use the probably substantial profits he'd get to donate to charity. And here's the crazy part: he isn't doing sex stuff since he's a clean boi who's in a long-term relationship that he doesn't want to jeopardize. Instead, he decided to sell premium clog content. That's right. Just pictures of him wearing clogs (specifically, a closeup of a sockless van der Heijden's leg covered with a big old clog). According to rumors, it sold well in his birth country of the Netherlands, leading to him making a weekly profit of around $50,000, which he's splitting between food banks and hospitals. A quote attributed to van der Heijden stated that he "felt dirty showcasing his naked or skimpily clad body to randos on the internet" and he would "much rather do some novelty, yet premium, stuff for a good cause".

I honestly think that the series will be very close since both teams are really deep both at the front and at the back end, but since Hamilton has won the cup twice in the past two seasons and boasts a generally stronger roster I'm going with them, plus they have playoff experience.

Again, I just think that Hamilton, with their stronger roster, will have a special teams advantage. Michael Scarn and that one Quebecois fucker named Gabriel Johnson both have 4 power play points and I expect them to drive the Hamilton power play again in this series, hopefully (in their case) to a championship.

Hamilton has a classic branding with a clean color scheme of blue, gray, and white. I've always been a big fan of the Steelhawks branding so I prefer theirs. I don't like Chicago's at all; they have the better hockey town but since I don't like the Bruins I dislike their color scheme, plus there was their travesty of a first logo.

Lap dancing is too kinky for me so I don't want one. I'd get tired eyes-wise during a staring contest, so again no to that. I know nothing about League and I don't think Parker Smeb would be interested in teaching a noob how to play it so no. Instead, I'd hoist the tiny man that is Dale Miller onto my shoulders and have him reach for objects on high shelves. Poor bastard needs all the help he can get.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 03:39 PM by FinnRhys.)

+3 TPE PBE Welfare Claim

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (words = 167)
This past season was nothing short of the best in my career. FR Finn-Rhys surpassed my expectations by far. Not only was he a force to be reckoned with on the defensive side of the ice, but he also chipped in when it mattered on the offensive side of the blue line. Not only that, I was able to really play my style of hockey that I love: tough, two-way play. In short, I think I was pretty clutch and solid all around. That said, I do wish that Edmonton as a team had been able to do better in the playoffs. We gave it our all but it just was not good enough and it does suck having a great personal season but coming up short where it counts most, with the team winning a cup. Hopefully next season will be similar to this season with a solid individual performance and hopefully, just hopefully, we can make it further into the playoffs and win a cup.

Code:
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (words = 186)
So, my charitable causes have been heavily influenced by my personal struggles, as well as those of my family, with mental health issues. It was great to see the Bell Lets Talk day roll around again and I personally am a big fan of Slamball – a group that focuses on mental health through fitness. As such, this offseason FR Finn-Rhys is donating his time and salary to charitable mental health initiatives. I think it is important, not only because of COVID, but because life in general can be really tough for some people and mental health issues are real. People don’t voluntarily feel depressed or suicidal, it is an illness. So, FR and his teammates are working this season to break the stigma behind mental health illnesses. They will appear in the local community and with mental health professionals in local public service announcements and will speak at schools and anywhere people will listen to them to let the public know that this is an important issue and that there are resources available to people who need assistance or just want someone to listen to them.

Code:
Code:
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up? (words = 57)
I would think, because Hamilton is Hamilton, that somehow they would find a way to win this thing, even though the series matchup during the regular season was even. I think Chicago is talented but there is something sneaky about Hamilton’s ability to win when they need to. That is why I think Hamilton has an advantage.
Code:
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series? (words = 61)
I honestly don’t know much about either powerplay unit. I think Hamilton probably has the better of the two but that is simply because I know more players on Hamilton than I do on Chicago. That said, I think Chicago’s defense is probably good enough to counter Hamilton’s powerplay. Like, legit, Chicago is a who’s who of defensemen in this league.
Code:
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant. (words = 72)
I strongly prefer Chicago. For one, I just generally dislike Hamilton, even though I will give them credit that they have been a talented and winning franchise for a while now. My disdain for Hamilton even extends to its branding. Even if it is just on principle. Also, Chicago is well known for its history with organized crime and I can’t think of any better homage than Syndicate. It’s just freaking cool.
Code:
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb? (words = 67)
I love me some Hugh Jazz but I don’t think I’d want the lap dance. Luke Atmey is probably pretty awesome at staring so that’s a no go as well. I don’t know why I’d be reaching for objects on high shelves so that’s going to be a pass. I also don’t know what League is but I like Parker Smeb so I will play with him.

Code:
Code:

#BellLetsTalk

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 12:07 PM by DELIRIVM.)

My season was pretty good for the situation. Being brought up only 3 years into my SMJHL stint and then thrown into a top six role of a struggling team. I know that it was a bit of a painful season and it showed in the plus/minus category and on the wins sheet. But I am proud of what we’re building in Baltimore. I should fair much better this season on a growing team. Going up onto the top line will be a lot of fun as well. I know that my chance to shine with great players like Ethan Duncan and Karl Krashwagen will not be unnoticed. I think as for last season, though, I didn’t quite hit my expectations. I wanted to do better but we really struggled scoring goals in general. Moving forward there will be more chances to show off my skills and exciting times are on the way. Baltimore is poised to be a good team in the future.

[164 Words]

My role is the Mindgamer. A role that's primary job is to get in the head of the opposing teams. They would rely heavily on Aggression, Shot Blocking, Stick Checking, Fighting, and Acceleration. Using these they would be a defensive pest, always up in the face of every player, as well as someone who would not be afraid to give a good face wash to other players. Using their aggression they would take people out of the player, talk mad shit, and then back it up with fighting. I think the Aggression attribute would easily be the most important with the mindgamer. They just want to piss the best players on the other team off and frustrate the shit out of them. 

[122 Words]

During the offseason Daniil Nikiforov and teammates have taken trips, since getting vaccinated, to help provide COVID-19 relief to some of the most hit people in the United States - the native population. They have allied with World Central Kitchen to provide meals to the members of these communities that have been hit the hardest in the country. Along with 3 days of cooking, packing, and delivering food. Eight members of the squad, including Nikiforov, have pledged $500,000 to provide more food to people in difficult situations due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. The Baltimore Platoon feel a great commitment to their community and hope to be influential role models for years to come. Hopefully with great involvement each and every year we can help others in the Baltimore community pitch in more heavily. The Baltimore Platoon would also like to announce the creation of the BAPAttack Charity Fund. Each year the Baltimore Platoon will match (up to $500,000 per player) any money paid into the fund by the public. 

[168 Words]

4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

Baltimore Platoon
Rotten Golden Apricot
Planting seeds of hope

Suave thinks he is suave
But more like shampoo he is
Need a good rinse, bro

Seasons are too long
Speed up the stream output now
Or I fall asleep

Bring me Peter Pan
Tight Pants Dan Nikiforov
Scoring filthy goals

Baltimore City
Home to BAP Boys and Old Bay
Rebuild is almost done

[Did 5, but still only counts as 4]

I think one of the better comparisons between the SHL and NHL is the Baltimore Platoon and the Ottawa Senators. Both are young team with a lot of great up and coming pieces that haven't put it together quite yet. Thought there is one part that doesn't match up and that would be the Baltimore GMs are much better than Pierre Dorion. I will continue by saying that I think Karl Krashwagen is a lot like Gabriel Landeskog on the Colorado Avalanche. Great shot, physical winger, with the ability to play in front of the net with the best of them. Ethan Duncan is a great passer and Center for the Baltimore Platoon with a defensive game coming along very well. I'd say he's a very young version of a player like Patrice Bergeron. As for Daniil Nikiforov, he plays a lot like Mathew Barzal, but on the wing. A great zone entry winger with a penchant for shooting the puck. Though he can be a bit erratic at times but that surely comes with young age. 

[177 Words]

Verification: shake

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 04:33 PM by .bojo.)

4: HAIKU (2TPE)
made the bojo bank
bankers make six mil a year
bojo makes welfare

The Winnipeg Jets
Now Winnipeg Aurora
Still gonna kick ass

wife hates shl
said to choose me or hockey
now doing point tasks

say hamilton bad
because of the memes and laughs
still kinda true though

5: BEST NON-FINALS TEAM (2TPE)
the best team in the simulated hockey league to not make the finals is the winnipeg jets who are now rebranded as the winnipeg aurora. The jets shocked the world by reverse sweeping the edmonton blizzard in 7 games propelling them to the top four of the league. Though two other teams made the finals, arguable the best player in the playoffs, winnipeg goaltender Strom Chamberlain had the performance of a lifetime. Not only was he the sole reason for the reverse sweep, but he was the reason that the hamilton matchup was even close at all, with every game being within one goal. If the players weren't so emotionally drained from the previous matchup, they could have gone all the way. With great defense and amazing potential, the Jerts were just a couple lucky bounces away from making it to the finals.

8: TSHIRT (3TPE)
[Image: unknown.png]

9: MAGAZINE (3TPE)
[Image: unknown.png]

10: BANNER (3TPE)
[Image: chitown.png]

trivia: linustechsnips (3TPE)

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 02:22 AM by JamesT.)

Code:

With the increase of games to 66 instead of the usual 50, it was inevitable that I was going to finally surpass 50 points and that is what I accomplished this season. Not only that but I had my best season in S57 in the regular season by scoring 29 goals (a personal best) and having 30 assists (a personal best). I was also a +47 but I attribute that to my talented linemates Jon Forty-One and the cow himself Julio Tokolosh. However, we could not continue our dominant regular season into the playoffs as we ended up losing to the Winnipeg  Jets in game 7 of the second round after having a 3-0 series lead. Granted, all of our wins against Winnipeg were only by one goal, so this series was extremely close despite us having a 3-0 lead. Strom played out of his mind in net for the  Jets and stoned us numerous times. Something about the Edmonton  Blizzard and running into hot goalies in the playoffs is a curse for us really. 

(175 words)

Code:

With the global pandemic of COVID-19 and myself being a professional hockey player, I wanted to give back to my hometown of Vancouver during the offseason by helping support local food charities. Many people have lost their jobs during these difficult times and I decided to donate $1M to my local food bank in Vancouver. My donation will help support families who are in dire need of food with donations drastically decreasing due to the pandemic. I also helped deliver food to people's doorsteps as well who were SHL fans to help put a smile on their face to see a hometown kid help out his neighbourhood. 

After seeing Elias Pettersson sing a christmas carol for the children's hospital, I decided to follow suit and bust out some jolly tunes for the kids at Edmonton's children hospital as well. Let's just say that I am better at playing hockey than at singing. I plan on giving back more to my hometown of Vancouver and to the city of Edmonton where it has become my second home during the offseason. 

(179 words)

Code:

When I created my SHL player, I had the intention of mirroring myself after Mitch Marner (I even use his avatar and player sig). I wanted to be a magician on the ice with my hands and swift skating abilities. Although I don't light up the score sheet almost every game like Mitch, I am playing in a Canadian market like him (Mitch playing in Toronto with the leafs and myself playing in Edmonton with the Blizzard). We both are right handed shots who thrive on setting up teammates or when needed to bury goals ourselves. Similar to Mitch Marner, I also kill penalties while most people refer to me as only being offensively minded.  

Whenever I think of Steven Stamkos from the Tampa Bay Lightning, the SHL player that comes to mind would be Ola Wagstrom from the Manhattan  Rage They are dynamic goal scorers who have a knack for finding the back of the net. They both play in the Eastern conference and are often overlooked when it comes to who are the top players in their respective leagues. 

(181 words)

Code:

a. For the season predictions, many had Hamilton being the best team in the league and that became reality when they had the best regular season performance. They also breezed through their playoff matchup against Atlanta and Winnipeg. I believe this series won't be a cake walk for Hamilton though as they face a tried and tested Chicago team who has a scary roster. But Hamilton for me is likely to win the cup and repeat as the back to back champs this season. 

(83 words)

b. Both rosters have gifted offensive threats on the man advantage. But once again HAM has more fire power with the league's leading scorer Michael Scarn, everyone's favourite name Dick Clapper, last season's leading scorer Theo Morgan, always consistent Aaron Wilson, the offensive quarterback Gabriel Johnson. It is tough for the opposition to defend all of those threats so Chicago will have their hands full.

(64 words)

c. Although my favourite colour is blue and I like the  Steelhawks logo and colour scheme, my branding edge goes to the Chicago   syndicate just looking at their logo makes me feel intimated as I am scared that I did not pay the mob boss in time and he is about to order a hit on me. While many teams look to feature an animal for their team, Chicago features a person so that is a unique factor for them. That is why I prefer Chicago's branding between the two. 

(89 words)

d. Out of the options given to me, I would have to go with playing League of Legends with Parker Smeb. I for one am a league player myself (played since S3 I believe). Now I do not know how Parker is when they play league, but we can play a couple of normal games to test the waters first. If he is around my rank (plat) then we can become duo q buddies, if he is the typical toxic/rager player in league I might have to cut ties with him after one game of league. 

(96 words)

Code:

Thanos

Total: +16 TPE

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

15. Hoo

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -