Create Account

S57 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 12:11 PM by leafs1997.)

Task 1 - 3 TPE
The Kelowna Knights took a step forward this season, as did Vlastislav Malik. On an individual level, the minimum goal for this season was to finish with more points than in Season 56. In S56, Malik scored a meager 4 goals with 8 assists as a rookie. As a sophomore, Malik made strides offensively with about 30 seconds of additional icetime per game, finishing with 14 goals and 19 assists. Compared to the rest of the roster, he did fairly well, ending up 8th in points while 16th in TOI and 9th in PPTOI. Malik averaged 1+ hits and about 2 shots per game. With an OGR of 63, he ranked 4th on the Knights, but 16th overall with a DGR of only 55, so there's definitely room for improvement defensively, considering Malik prides himself in being efficient on both sides of the game. Malik finished with a +8, so he wasn't necessarily a detriment to his team, but he'll definitely be refining his offensive skills and upgrading his defensive skills during the offseason.

Task 3 - 3 TPE
Vlastislav Malik has gotten involved with a variety of charitable causes as he grows as a young man, just having finished his sophomore season with the Kelowna Knights. For now, he hasn't started up his own charity, focusing on a specific demographic, but has associated with other Knights' charitable interests. To start off, Malik immediately started looking up to Kelowna Captain Teddy Park, a well-seasoned veteran who leads by example on and off the ice. One of Park's charitable interests that Malik lent his time, efforts, and financial means to was for getting young kids the means and motivation to pursue a healthy lifestyle and engagement in sports, especially hockey. A recent charitable interest of Malik is one that fellow sophomore, Cian McFelter, is quite involved in. For some reason, McFelter is really drawn to helping old people. The charitable causes he helps with make sure the older generation has a roof to live under, medications, canes, walkers, etc. Malik has really taken a liking to these efforts and has devoted a lot of resources, especially this past season, to helping out alongside his fellow Quadruplet.

Task 5 - 2 TPE
This may be biased, but let's just get on with it. The Kelowna Knights were the best SMJHL team this season to not make the Finals. Despite icing several rookies and sophomores (Vlastislav Malik, Cian McFelter, Brennan Huff, Robert Feltersnatch, Danny C, Gerry Atrick, and the list goes on), the Knights finished 2nd in the West with a .591 win percentage. This was a vast improvement from Season 56, when they finished with a laughable .380 win percentage, bad enough for last place in the West. Their 78 points in Season 57 placed them at #4 league-wide with a #7 goals for and #3 goals against in the regular season. This was quite the turnaround. Well then, what went wrong? They underperformed in Round 1 of the S57 SMJHL Playoffs, earning an upsetting early exit. Sure, we made it to Game 7, scoring 20 goals across 7 games while allowing 23 goals against. It was definitely a close series and taking some personal blame, Vlastislav Malik certainly didn't show up, earning a meager 2 assists and a -1 rating. He, along with the Knights will be back next season with a vengeance! But can they fill the shoes of long-time Captain and top defensive anchor, Teddy Park, who's been called up to the big leagues? Only time will tell!

Task 7 - 3 TPE
To be honest, I don't quite follow the SHL too closely since Vlastislav Malik still is a ways away from being called up to his SHL team, the New Orleans Specters, but let's take a look at a couple SHL-NHL comparisons. This'll serve well as pre-game scouting for when Malik is called up to the big leagues. One of his NHL idols is LW sniper Alexander Ovechkin. I think Monkey D. Luffy fits the bill there as a high-volume scorer that plays on the left wing. His 42 goals led the league this season as Ovi so often does, but he wasn't a slouch in terms of making his teammates better either, finishing with a solid 42 assists as well. His 70 hits probably aren't at Ovi levels, but they're getting there. I haven't watched any game tape, but if Luffy's setting himself up for one-timers on the PP, that's a lock for an Ovi comparison. Another quick comparison that is mainly limited to Speed is between Ola Wagstrom and Connor McDavid. His 19 Speed is a touch above even his fastest peers and enough to leave most of his competition spinning in circles and looking like fools (or Morgan Rielly, whichever you prefer). Placing in the top 15 in S57 points isn't anything to write home about if you're McDavid, but the similarities are there. Tune into MAN games to see Wagstrom flying coast to coast. Look away if you start getting dizzy.

Task 12 - 4 TPE
a. I think the S57 Challenge Cup series will be a true toss up, considering the Hamilton Steelhawks and Chicago Syndicate finished the regular season right next to each other, at #1 and #2 in the Eastern Conference. There were only 5 points separating them as well as only 3 goals for and 5 goals against. They also employ top offensive threats in Michael Scarn and Martijn Westbroek, respectively. It'll be a treat of a series to watch!
b. I'll give the special teams advantage to the Chicago Syndicate, since what I'm seeing right off the bat from the power play points during the regular season is that they have a full top PP unit that's clicked for a total of 99 PPP across their top 5 PPP getters. While the Hamilton Steelhawks have a close 95 PPP across their top 5 as well, but their top LD is #8 in PPP on the team with only 7 PPP. I think having a full top PP unit consisting of a natural LW, C, RW, LD, and RD will help Chicago come out on top, at least for special teams.
c. For primary logos, I'll give CHI the lead, since their logo has brighter colors, making for good contrast. In terms of alternate logos though, HAM definitely wins, since their logo pictorially represents the "Steelhawks" and is easy to understand right off the bat, whereas the CHI alternate logo doesn't stand out. Sure, it might have intricate meanings behind the curvature and lines, but as someone who's not reading into their history, that doesn't really appeal to me. Its a tossup in terms of jerseys (home, away, alternates), but I'll take the CHI branding overall. Its clean, simple, and employs good contrast with simple colors (black, white, and yellow/gold).
d. This one's tough. Malik will pass on the lap dance, since he'd likely never live down that "experience". Malik is a competitive guy, so an opportunity to beat Luke Atmey at a staring contest is likely the best bet here. Reaching for objects on high shelves is a hazard, so let's steer clear of that. Malik prides himself on not letting himself get sucked into the vortex of gaming, so he'd prefer to not tempt himself with a League game with Parker Smeb. When's the staring contest?

Task 15 - 1+ TPE
Verification word: titanisold

Total TPE: 16 TPE

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

Season 57 has been, by far, the best season I've experienced within the big leagues of the SHL.  It definitely takes some getting used to once you get moved up out of the juniors, where you're often the big fish in the little pond...then all of a sudden your a small fish in a big pond.  Also too, since you're new compared to the all stars of the league, if you have a younger defensive corps in front of you...you're going to be in for a bit of a bad time.  It all comes in strides though.  This season I was more limber in the net, more comfortable on my skates.  Crossing the crease is more natural now than before, and my reaction time improved two-fold thanks to some new training last off-season.  My performance for the Jets in the off-season I feel helped out a ton as well...and I think there's a little more respect in the locker-room for me, and for our young prospect in Anaheim, Meititore.  I'm hoping that I did well enough not necessarily to win any individual trophies, but at least get my name out there in discussion for sure.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

So, recently the Jets (in anticipation for their new rebrand) recently partnered up with the Childrens Hospital Foundation of Manitoba.  All of us in the locker room have opted to donate a portion of our salaries this season and in Season 58 to the foundation, but also we have options to go volunteer at the local hospitals around the province.  This week, in fact, since we're now out of the playoffs, @Muerto and I are going to take some time to work the kitchen and deliver food to the rooms...all while taking the necessary medical precautions to keep us and the kids safe.  Next week I think McScruff and Diprov, since they had such a great time racking up hits this season, are going to hold a virtual training camp on fitness.  Its going to be great all around.  Back at home in St. Louis, I used to stop by for the Big Brothers / Big Sisters organization.  Thanks to COVID, in person stuff is not really useful so in my spare time I've been doing virtual gaming sessions with some of the kids back home.  Let me tell you, I suck apparently at FortNight.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
This one is easy, and so far as always it is Toronto.  They've really beefed up their defense when they acquired Adam Barron from us, and on top of that...just shoring up their forwards in Danny and Rhys next to the ever legendary Carpet in net...they would be one heck of a playoff team....if it wasn't for being stuck in the Great Lakes area.  i think though, if they continue on their upward trend overall...and the grandfathered in contracts for the big three teams in the division start expiring, we're going to start seeing them shoot up.  I know personally I'll look forward to the day where I get to see Toronto in the playoffs.  It'll make the "steak visits" that much better if we get to play them too.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification word: Strom

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

Subscribe today to Chamberlain's "Class Creation" Onlyfans account.  When growing up, one of my favorite things to do was play Dungeons and Dragons with other kids on my block.  I really enjoyed making maps and planning things so they always made me DM.  I feel my premium content would be successful in the nerd niche as I would be debuting and creating custom campaign maps based in the fantasy worlds....with a touch of SHL flair!  Imagine plotting down a dungeon to discover a rare and valuable ruby that can prolong death...but the dungeon is in the shape of a hawk's beak, or partying up with a random group to take down a powerful Liche who's dark abyss can only be illuminated under a purple light?  Or even more so, seeking out the coveted "chalice of champions" in a place where buffalo roam?  The sky's the limit, and each one unique and only created once!  Use the coupon code: HaMsux for 10% off!

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?
A) As I understand it, the basis of Chicago's building and planning is virtually Hamilton 2.0, which explains why through the regular season they were basically even steven.  These finals are really going to be a toss-up on the same account.  Home ice advantage will play a huge factor, but also in the experience of the goalies I believe.  Tibuk is a grizzled veteran of the SHL, and my old mentor.  Jobin and I won WJC gold (the first in several years for team USA), and he already has a challenge cup under his belt.  Whichever one of them blinks first, will set the tone for the series I think.

C) Man, this one is a toss up.  The color scheme of the Steelhawks is really...really easy on the eyes and falls in a range that I like to use in personal projects, often.  However, the Syndicate's gold and black is just as sharp...and with the concept of the Mafia being the backing you'd really have to be a wiseguy to hate on it.  I think for me, regional location would have to play the biggest factor for me.  Growing up in St. Louis...Chicago was just closer.  We have the Scarecrows in the J...but our SHL team was the Syndicate so I'd have to rally my support behind them.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 01:15 AM by Dextaria.)

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
For my first season in the SHL, I think Ryosuke Sato had a good rookie season. It could have been better, but it could have also been WAY worse than what it turned out to be! Playing on the third defensive pairing with his longtime teammate and friend Luffy Richard, Sato had 3 goals and 12 assists for 15 points on the season. This is his 2nd most points in a season including the SMJHL (crazy, I know right?). However, I think the real highlight for Sato this season was definitely his defensive play as a rookie. Ryosuke had 116 shots blocked which is 3rd most on the Toronto North Stars, with over 8 minutes less playing time compared to Adam Barron who was second with 118. Also, Sato was no longer afraid to throw the body with 79, his most ever in a season. For his sophomore season, I think the main goal is going to be getting more takeaways than giveaways and working on all stats from there. Hopefully there is no regression for this good rookie season!

(180 words)

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?
If I am to create a new skater or goalie role for FHM, an interesting new role would be something similar to the "rat." The rat would be similar to the agitator in which they are trying to irritate the other team and is actively trying to get under the other player's skins. The main difference is that the rat would be an offensive forward role and they would not have any attributes in fighting or as much in screening like an agitator. For the rat, the main attributes would still be Getting Open, Puckhandling, Shooting Accuracy, Offensive Read, and all physical categories. The key attribute out of all would be aggression to get under other player's skins. The role would be best used for a top-liner that is looking to score, but not afraid to toe the line with regards to being an agitator.

(145 words)

Code:
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?
Ryosuke Sato does not have any one close that has cancer; however, with his team in the SMJHL as well as with the Toronto North Stars, Sato visits the local hospitals to help cheer up the patients there and just have an overall fun time with them. One that really stuck with Sato is the St. Jude Hospital which is a children's hospital that helps treat childhood cancer and pediatric diseases. He visited and donated numerous times in Vancouver and thought he could keep it up in Toronto to help there. And so, Sato brought together some of his best friends from both the Whalers and the North Stars for a friendly charity game of hockey. Fans can donate for a chance to play with the likes of Harry Carpet, Mika Kandinsky, Theo Morgan, and so many more past and present North Stars and Whalers players. All the proceeds would be going straight to St. Jude hospital as a donation from the community.

(163 words)

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
I would honestly say without a doubt the Buffalo Stampede were the best team to not make the finals this season. The Buffalo Stampede were the 3rd best team in the league with 103 points which was just 2 points from the second place Chicago Syndicate and 7 points from the league leading Hamilton Steelhawks. This is not even mentioning their extremely close matchup with the Chicago Syndicate in the semifinals that took 7 games with them having 31 shots to 20 in spite of losing the game 2-4. Had either Soonika had a worse game or Doyle had a bit better game, the team could have definitely made it to the finals to face the Hamilton Steelhawks. (My second choice for best team to not make the finals is the Toronto North Stars because they got snubbed due to their division #drainthelakes)

(143 words)

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?
a. Although the season series was tied 3-3, I would still give the nod to the Hamilton Steelhawks because the Steelhawks led the league for a reason and they definitely play a more defensive game compared to the offensive Chicago Syndicates. In the playoffs in particular, I'd give the advantage to the defensive team. (53 words)

b. Between these two teams, on the powerplay I feel like the Chicago Syndicate's style of play really shines there; however, the Hamilton Steelhawks just have the correct type of players there. I don't think Chicago has those pure snipers like Hamilton's Dick Clapper and Theo Morgan which really boost the Steelhawks powerplay. This can be seen in their higher powerplay points through the playoffs so far. (66 words)

c. When it comes to their branding I think the Hamilton Steelhawks definitely win that one for me. The Chicago Syndicate's colors and jersey reminds me of a bumblebee and their name I personally don't like compared to Steelhawks. The only advantage I'd give the Syndicate is their logo which definitely looks cleaner in my opinion, as well as Chicago being a larger city compared to Hamilton. (66 words)

d. As a fellow short player as well, I think it would be a hell of a time reaching for objects on high selves with Dale Miller. The two of us would be climbing up on tables, making make shift towers with chairs, or even lifting each other up to reach those high objects. This is really where 2 people would be better than one. (64 words)

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Dex

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!
As Ryosuke Sato was never the biggest social media person, when he made it the SHL the team's social media team thought it would be nice for him to have a Twitter and Instagram account so he can share and connect with fans. Sato thought this was a great idea and with the help of the social media team he was confident this would work out well! So Ryosuke really got into sharing and posting pictures but one day he saw a comment that said "start an OnlyFans account." A bit confused, Sato asked his good buddy on the team Luffy Richard to explain to him what an OnlyFans account is. Unfortunately, Luffy thought it would be hilarious to tell Sato that it was just another social media thing but this time fans are paying for the photos. Utterly surprised anyone would even pay for his photos, Ryosuke created an account and began posting pictures. However, he would see negative comments as people expected other images (if you know what I mean). At that point Sato decided to search it up himself and was baffled to see what really goes on OnlyFans. Completely embarrassed he shuts down his account as soon as possible. He was a bit worried at the time but as weeks gone by, it's something he can joke around about (especially with Luffy). 

(226 words)

16/16 + 4 extra just in case
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 12:59 AM by charlieconway.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

I’m fairly certain that I did around the same as I did last season, production-wise, considering the extra games played this time around. What I’m most satisfied with, however, is the defensive play and advanced statistics. This season was by far the best of my player’s career in terms of plus-minus, and Adam was second best in the league in Corsi rel.
I’m not quite statisfied with the production, though. I really think I have the potential to be the highest scoring defender in the league, and when I first brainstormed this player, I imagined him being an Andrei Markov type: smart defense, smart offense, a good puck mover and cerebral player who plays huge minutes in all situations. Being the highest TPE defender on the North Stars means I’ll have plenty of opportunity to live up to those expectations.
I think I’m going to try and make it so Adam will be less gassed next season. That almost certainly means I’ll need to increase his stamina from 17, but that’s a cost I’m willing to pay, especially if it gets me closer to the dream of winning a Scott Stevens Trophy (best defenseman) or Bojo Biscuit Trophy (best defensive defenseman).

(201 words, +3 TPE)

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

This is absolutely a role that would get killed by their coaches at the NHL level, but the role I would create is one that's actually currently found in the Football Manager franchise of games: Poacher.
The purpose of the poacher is to read the play and use their speed and predictive abilities to get past the defense and onto the puck for an odd-man rush the other way.
The attributes I'd expect to be the most important are Offensive Awareness, Stamina, Speed, Acceleration, and Shooting Accuracy.
The Offensive Awareness helps you read the play.
Shooting Accuracy being a top attribute means you can finish once you get that opportunity in the offensive zone, possibly even one-on-one.
Stamina is important if you’re going to be making deep runs into the offensive zones with the puck on a regular basis.
Acceleration because you need to reach your top speed in a hurry…
And finally, the most important attribute for the Poacher role: Speed. Because if the D can catch you as you streak into the opponent’s zone, then what’s the point?

(180 words, +2 TPE)

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Another tournament, another CW entry with me talking up team Canada.
I feel like THIS is Canada's peak: five defensemen over the 1800 TPE threshold, multiple star forwards, and a young goalie looking for his third IIHF gold.
As dominant as the team is, I do realize that the tournament is played with an elimination format for the medal rounds, so even if you have what is on paper the cleary better team, there’s always the chance for an upset. I’m confident that Team Canada will top their group, and I’d expect Great Britain to top theirs.
Other teams I expect to perform well are Japan, with their littany of star forwards like Monkey D. Luffy, Daniel Smeb, and Martijn Westbroek; Czechia, with some veteran players in Andrej Doskocil and Michael Scarn; and Team USA, who for a while there boasted a dream team in their own right. The thing about the Americans though is that many of their former best players are on the back legs of their careers, and I don’t expect them to be as dominant now as they were several seasons ago.
I’m interested to see how things work out, and as always, cheering for Team Canada (and my own player Adam Barron) to do well.

(210 words, +3 TPE)

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

The out-and-out best team in the league, and defending champion, is Hamilton. The same, I think, goes for the Tampa Bay Lightning on both fronts.
San Francisco is the team that seems like it’s still a ways away from being a contender and currently occupies the basement of the league. Detroit is in that position in the NHL.
As for players, Harry Carpet Is the Carey Price of the SHL because he’s been languishing for years on a rebuilding team and has stood on his head for the North Stars, but he’s finally seeing the fruits of that labor as the team in front of him is molding itself into a contender.
Andreas Kvalheim is Patrice Bergeron. Both are accomplished forwards defensively, both are on really solid teams, and both are capable of producing offensively but are starting to reach the twilight of their careers.
Lallo Selman is Patrick Kane, a dynamic winger that brings creativity on offense but can’t be depended on to play a particularly physical game.
And finally, Jimmy Slothface is Artemi Panarin: both have taken their changes of scenery in stride and remain one of their league’s best offensive talents.

(194 words, +3 TPE)

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I guess I have to go with toss-up here, since both teams boast accomplished rosters and high amounts of TPE. But there’s something to be said for the way Hamilton always seems to be able to come up big when they need to. And if they were a real team, you’d have to give them the edge considering the amount of times their core has appeared in the finals.

c. Hamilton’s by far. They have the superior color scheme: I really love the steel blue that they use, while Chicago’s colors remind me of the Boston Bruins (yuck). The Steelhawks logo is fantastic, with a unique shape and well drawn feature with the hawk. While I think the Syndicate’s logo has improved from their old one, I don’t think it’s quite as good as Hamilton’s. And truth be told, it sometimes takes me a second to differentiate between the three criminal human teams: the Chicago Syndicate, the Texas Renegades, and the Anaheim Outlaws.

(69 words for a, 93 words for c, +2 TPE)

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: casino

(+1-3 TPE)

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 04:22 PM by Mavfatha.)

PBE PT for a final 3 TPE

I was pretty happy with my performance this season. Picked up almost a point per game, had a positive rating, and contributed on special teams. I even managed a bit over 2 hits per game which is pretty solid as well to further the narrative as one of the power forwards in the history of the SHL. However, in other areas I was a bit more disappointed. I went pretty stagnant in terms of actually scoring goals this season, instead contributing assists more so. I was also pretty inefficient in terms of limiting giveaways and pulling off takeaways - combined with a low defensive game rating indicates that I wasn't much of a two-way forward. I'd like to improve in these final areas but honestly at my age I'm just happy to make positive contributions to the team and can't ask for or expect much more than that. I've had to reinvent myself a bit over time and I'm sure that will continue into the next season as well, but it's hard to imagine really gaining skills in any area.

My new skater role that I didn't see an exact replica of in my brief searching would be a "Pure Athlete". This player would be best suited as a way of testing the defense with their athletic ability, similar to a receiver in football that can outrun and outjump their opposition if left open. The drawback of each of course is that they can't create much separation on their own. The most important attributes would be all of the physical ones in order to get away from the defense with speed and strength along with the stamina to wear them all down - speed would probably be the singular key attribute if just one should be chosen.

4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.

Atlanta burns hot
Played well for this whole season
Flamed out come playoff time

Manuel Gotze is
Not the best hitter around
But he wants to be

How did Michael Scarn
Score so many damn goals and
Assists for Steelhawks

I am very sad
Because none of our SHL teams
Had sixty-nine points

I see this one as pretty much a toss up based on regular season results. Considering their split during the season as well as the cumulative point totals, goals for, and goals against for the two clubs, I would find it very hard to support that there is a substantial divide between the two in terms of overall play.

Gotta give this one to Chicago based on their even stronger first powerplay unit. The likes of Westbroek, Daniel Smeb, Sellman, and even Kennedy from his defensive position were top notch this season, and I expect that to continue in the all important final series of the season where Chicago is likely to run them out there as much as possible.

I'm a bigger fan of Hamilton's I think? It's pretty close, as though Chicago in general is pretty overdone I do like the Syndicate idea as a unique take. Still, being based out of Hamilton and being based off of a series of real-life teams is pretty cool and the logo just looks better to me than Chicago's.

Done, Anthropomorphism

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 12:02 AM by rum_ham.)

1.Lambert’s performance this season was decent. Since I was going into my last junior season, I had a few goals that I wanted to hit. I wanted to: 1) hit 30 points for the first time in my SMJHL career. 2) Earn enough tpe to be an effective SHL player in my rookie season. 3) Win a 4-Star Cup.
I was able to surpass 30 points… I wouldn’t have ben able to do it if the schedule wasn’t extended, but I’m taking it as a win anyway hehehahoo. I only missed one opportunity for tpe this season, so I’m really happy with the effort I put in to prepare my player for next season. We weren’t able to make it past the second round of the playoffs, unfortunately, but I was really proud of the effort of the rookies and the management team throughout the playoffs to give us the best chance to win as possible.
I’m really exited to open a new chapter in Lambert’s simulated life, and I’m super excited to see last season’s rookies continue to grow and develop with the Crows.
185 Words

5.The Tampa Bay Barracuda would have made the playoffs this season if star center, Michael Fitted wasn’t so busy applying for jobs and missing practices so he could go to interviews. Once he signed his most recent contract, Fitted bought the most expensive house in Tampa Bay. After going twenty million dollars in debt after the purchase, he had no choice but to search for work outside of hockey to try and pay his mortgage. There were many opportunities for him to work at prestigious Tampa Bay institutions, like NASA or Dairy Queen, but unfortunately all of those job opportunities slipped away from Fitted. He’s got an interview next week to work at Disney World as the official mascot of Mater, from the hit movie “Cars”.
126 Words

7. Colin Lambert’s National Hockey League comparison is Zach Werenski. He is a mobile defenseman who can dish and shoot from the point. He defends more with his skating ability and puck-possession than actual physical or defensive prowess.
Next season, Lambert will finally take the ice with his Simulation Hockey League squad. He’ll be sharing the ice with punishing defender, Ambacas Cuddles. Cuddles plays a tight defensive game and uses his physicality to keep opposing players away from the net. A good National Hockey League player to compare to Ambacas Cuddles would be Shea Weber. What he lacks in puck handling skills, he makes up for with his tremendous checking ability and great skating and speed.
115 Words

9. [Image: 18sZ6r8.png]

13.I didn’t watch the Simulation Hockey League playoffs at all this season. There was a distinct lack of Cuda and I wasn’t having it. Who was the Most Valuable Player in this season’s playoffs? The answer is obvious. It’s been sitting right in front of us the whole time. The MVP was clearly Nick Connolly. Did he play well during the final series? I don’t know. He leads the league in playoff points this season, so I officially crown him playoff MVP. Huzzah! There’s a little tiny Nick Connolly in each and every one of us. One day it will burst out like a cocooned butterfly and we will all be playoff MVP. Jfc, I’m tired.
116 Words

15. cooduh

16/16

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Code:
I think this season went extremely well on the ice. I didn't have many expectations going into my first season at the 425 TPE cap, but it was clear that I contributed positively to this year's very successful Quebec team. It would've been nice to see Kev get a few more points over the course of the season, but I think the lack of points was mainly due to spending a lot of time on the penalty kill rather than the powerplay, which is okay since my player is more suited for time on the PK. A GF/60 stat of 4.3 was near the top of the league and there are no obvious weak points that I can see with my overall game. For next season, reducing my total PIMs and increasing the ratio of takeaways to giveaways would be ideal. Aside from those goals as an individual, my primary goal for the next season is to find the same success and chemistry that allowed the team to find so much success this year.

Code:
A new skater role for FHM could be the powerplay powerhouse. This player would specialize in creating as many opportunities as possible on the powerplay by taking full advantage of the 'getting open', 'shooting range' and 'shooting accuracy' attributes. This player is all about maximizing the extra space on the ice and making sure the enemy's penalty kill has a tough time covering all the shooting lanes. When they eventually get the puck, this player makes sure that all the effort that went into getting open for the perfect shot pays off with a high focus in the shooting attributes. They would struggle a bit in close quarters and doesn't fare as well in 5 v 5 situations where the perfect shot opportunity is less likely to be found.

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
Time to write haikus / They must be SHL themed / To earn TPE
Quebec lost game six / Then also lost game seven / Anchorage moves on
All of Kevens' tweets / Tagged with SHLHockey / Are trending worldwide
Season fifty-eight / My final year with Quebec / One more chance to win

Code:
There's only one clear answer to this question and it's the Quebec City Citadelles. They had the second highest regular season win percentage of any FHM era team with 0.811%, only losing out to the S53 Detroit Falcons who had 0.840% and ended up winning the cup that year. The difference between making the finals or not for Quebec came down to the 12 team playoff format putting them against the second seed Anchorage Armada in the semifinals and an unfortunate final few minutes of game 6 which saw the team lose a 2-0 lead in the blink of an eye. They had a winning record against every team this season and were seen as favourites for the cup. The expectations weren't nearly as high for any other team going into the playoffs, so seeing the Citadelles end up coming short this year was definitely a surprise to many. They're not only the best team not to make the finals this season, but also the best team in any season not to make it. Unfortunately this might hold for many seasons to come.

Code:
a. I think Hamilton has a slight edge in this series due to the fact that they've been a part of quite a few challenge cup finals in recent seasons. This recent experience in the playoffs and the finals specifically will allow the team to have better focus during the series and have a better understanding of how to bounce back after a potential loss.

b. When looking at the leaderboard for powerplay points during the regular season, it's tough to find a clear winner between these two special teams. When looking at playoffs, however, Hamilton becomes a clear favourite in this category. Their top unit has a combined 17 powerplay points in just 9 short games while Chicago's top unit has a mere 8 PPP in a whopping 19 games.

c. I don't have much of an artistic eye, but the creativity of Chicago's branding takes the edge for me here. We've all heard of countless sports teams named after various types of birds and the Hamilton Steelhawks are a team that exists in the real world as well. Negative points for that. The Chicago Syndicate, however, have a unique name and brand that don't seem to be mirorred at all in the real world and a nice sharp colour pairing of black and yellow.

d. As someone with a very uninspired and generic player name, I can appreciate the creativity of names such as Hugh Jazz and Luke Atmey. However, when given the choice of the activities listed above based on their names, I don't think I'd be very comfortable doing anything except for reaching to high shelves with Dale Miller. A lap dance and a staring contest would be far too awkward considering I don't really know these players very well and playing League is a quick and easy path to addiction.

Code:
chocolate

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 12:05 AM by Kyamprac.)

Code:

Sarah Burke had a somewhat uncharacteristic but interesting regular season. For one, she got into 4 fights, which came as a stark contrast to none at all last season. It's probably for this reason that she didn't win a single one of them, but it wasn't for lack of trying as she worked to bolster her team's spirits in times of need.
Much to her chagrin, she also had a -35 +/- on the season which came as a shock compared to her +16 at the close of the S56 regular season. While I'm disappointed in this shift in particular, it was a little bit hard to avoid given that only 5 players on the roster went positive this year after a rocky fight to the playoffs.

There are several areas where Burke showed quite a bit of improvement, though. She almost doubled her shots on goal and points from last season and also doubled her hits. While it's hard to expect much of her next season going up to play with the big boys in Winnipeg, I hope she continues this trend of improvement and makes some waves going into next season.

(192 words - 3 TPE)

Code:

Sarah Burke has participated in many charitable events and fundraisers to help her fellow humans, but her true passion lies in helping animals. Whenever a new opportunity arises to volunteer for the SPCA or the Humane Society in the Vancouver area, she's one of the first to apply and and participate in fundraising events or even just day to day shelter operations.

Just last week, she combined her passion for animals with her love of comedy and supported the Vancouver Humane Society's "Raise the Woof" event. Despite the gathering restrictions in the COVID-19 era, Burke and her fellow volunteers were still able to raise over $30,000 in ticket sales for a virtual event involving three high profile comedians. All of the money raised from this event will go towards several community programs for animals, shelter maintenance, support for a low-cost neuter/spay clinic, emergency boarding services, pet therapy services, and others.

(151 words - 3 TPE)

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

It is hockey night
Players will skate and shoot lots
While I write for teeps

I have been called up
To the Winnipeg whoseits
Soon you'll know their name

(Two haikus - 1 TPE)

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!

[Image: eOjHMVg.png]

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: M2jyqbi.png]

Code:

triviaaa

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 11:27 AM by retuperkele.)

Task 1 - 3 TPE
Reflecting at my concluded season, I have mixed feelings. Eventually I thought my putout this season would skyrocket like hell after getting more time on ice but it in fact did not. On a personal level, I did set a new career high in points, but on the other half of the coin lies the truth beyond my offense. Offensive-wise I clearly was not good enough for Carolina this season, especially on the powerplay, which I was going to master over the coarse of this season. Next season, first thing that is going to get improved is my faceoffs. Last season we did concede many goals from out end straight off a faceoff, and which faceoff I lost. Second, my offensive abilities will get a massive upgradefor next season. Although my projectory is to become a two-way forward, I am sick and tired of not being offensively good enough, hence my decision to skip upgrading defensive stats altogether for next season. Mark my words, I will get my name on the top of the charts next season.

177 words

Task 2 - 2 TPE
My new player role for FHM would be the Lightning, also known as a speedy defensive forward

Lightning excels like a speedy forward for offense and like a shadow for defensive forwards, but better. Lightning is always at the right place at the right time in order to prevent any mayhem in his own defense.
Core attributes for Lightning would include Speed, Acceleration, Balance, Defensive Read, Stickchecking, Checking and Positioning. Main three attributes would include Speed, Acceleration and Defensive read. These three attributes allows the Lightning to read the opponent’s offensive game perfectly and in order to prevent any mayhem in his own end of the ice, he needs to get there as quick as possible. That is where Speed and Acceleration comes in. Honorable mention goes to Balance, as the fourth most notable attribute, because in scenarios where person is skating with full speed and is going to make a different decision, he needs to change his trajectory – and in some of those scenarios they often just fall down. This is why a good Lightning always has plenty of points invested in his Balance, because you cant be in the action if you cannot stay up in your skates.

200 words

Task 3 - 3 TPE
As a whole, the Carolina Kraken would provide crisis services to those in need. Whether it is from a sudden serious change in your life or from a natural catastrophe, the Kraken Crisis Aversion is always there for those in need of help in the Carolina district.

Thanks to Blunt Man, The KCA owns plenty of houses for people in need of an emergency shelter. Most of these houses are used by multiple different families or individuals, but we do provide private housing for bigger families that have it way harder on themselves.
Emergency food supply system and distribution to these locations is provided by Freyja Hellström and Ole Olsen. Hellström is in charge of the logistic side of things, and Olsen, aka “the delivery dude” would transfer those food supplies to desired locations.

The KCA does not only provide physical services. KCA stands out with its mental services, meant for those in need of a friend, an ear, or just a guide. KCA emergency line is open 24/7 and is cycled between Luukas Lilja, Aleksander Kozlov and Tomas Lind. These three fellas are more than eager to listen what you have to say and are more than willing to give out tips and tricks.

205 words

Task 5 - 2 TPE
Best team to not make it into the finals this season? Quebec City Citadelles, obviously. The most dominant team in the league during regular season with impressive record of 49-8-9 for a total of 107 points, led by regular season most astonishing forward Zdenko Beranek, playmaker Jst Maro and two-way infused winger Mikael Koskinen, Quebec City steamrolled to be favorites this season. They also finished their regular season with +98 goal differential in their favor and 81.1% win rate over the coarse of their regular season, there is no doubt that the Citadelles would have played in the finals this season if it was not for SMJHL’s terrible playoff seeding.

110 words

Task 16 - 3 TPE
If anyone from the SHL player database would ever to create an OnlyFans account, for whatever content this person might provide, it would be definitely me, Luukas Lilja.

Most of you do not know this but back in my highschool days I was a bit of a fuckboy. I was hookingup with everyone and everything that moved, whether they were girls of my age, or a few years here or there, it really did not matter to me at all. All that I wanted back then was social acceptance in any form whatsoever. Now, I am really down to create that OnlyFans account for the sole purpose of high social acceptance, fame, and money – especially money. Content-wise, there would be anything between naughty Christmas pictures beneath the fireplace or with a Christmas sock jammed to hide my private to basicly playing hockey barenaked, no protective equipment or anything, just barenaked butts and thighs.
Price for this kind of content, that would be applied 4-5 times a week would cost 10euros per month. Pictures, videos and naughty talking included

178 words

Task 15 - 3 TPE
Verification word: Whoopie

Total: 16

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 08:57 AM by lilstifler.)

Code:

Well, this season was different because we had to play more games than previous years. That was little bit scary but fun. Maybe I wasn't ready for that and that's why this season wasn't so good for me. I needed more energy. Start of season was very bad. I was like -14 player but then after middle of season I started play better, teammates halped me a lot because they saw that I'm not that energetic like before. Summary I can tell that wasn't that bad at all, I'm young player and I have big future with Seattle's team. Next season I want to reach at least 15 goals and 40 points. I want to be positive in +/-. And I want that my team reach play-offs. I will try to train my stamina level and be more strenght than this season. Also I will try to shoot better and find a better passes for my teammates. And I can say that this is not my last season in this team.

[170 words] - 3TP

Code:

As this troubling era of virus is only increasing, each of us has to do something for the benefit of others, because it can be harder for others than we think. Then I, too, chose to indulge in charity events during this vacation period. Together with our teammates, we arranged hockey masters for the young players, with all the security protocols, of course. In addition, we also donated funds to support the medics at this troubling time when they are placed under great burden. We gave the medics a warm lunch. I think this isn't my last charity activity, and I'll go to charity next season. During the season, for every point of the game, for the charity, and at the end of the season, we'll see how much we can pick up, I also hope to be joined by one of the teammates or by the league. Only together can we overcome this whole thing by cooperating.

[158 words] - 3TP

Code:

Definitely I can say about big league that team is Chicago team. They were very good at regular and lost in 7th game of serie versus Buffalo. That is very sad to lose in game like that. They were good at goal scoring, also their defence was good but sometimes something went wrong. In play-offs like these only one mistake can take away your chance to be a champion. That who do less mistakes that wins. That's the hockey. But Chicago will be good next season too. They are very talanted team with great players. Great young players. That's how it is to be a future team.

[107 words] - 2TP

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

The forthcoming world championship in hockey will certainly be unusual in terms of what is happening in the world, but leaders are largely unchanged. The strongest teams will certainly be units of the U.S., Canada, Sweden, Ireland and the U.K. Nor can we forget about teams like Russia, the Czech Republic and Austria, they also have good teams that can surprise. The renewed Latvian team will have a difficult test to play against the grands, as it has been common in recent seasons, because Latvia is mainly the team of the bottom of the table. But it has the potential, of course, I would always like a team to have great success, but the composition of the team is young and inexperienced, yet it is with a number of great leaders. It is very difficult to judge the leaders of the whole tournament at the moment, depending on how each one feels after the season and how the tournament will move in. I wish you good luck to everyone, this will be a great tournament.

[175 words] - 3TP

Code:

a.) In my opinion, this will be a very similar fight, there are no expressed favourites, because teams have always fought great with each other. I would like to put a bit of power on Hamilton's side, because I have represented this unit inside it or in the system. But these are my personal sympathies. Teams are strong and there will be a very good fight to win the best!    [69 words - 1TP]

c.) It's very difficult for me to weigh my sympathies to any of these teams. The colors and overall image of both teams match very strong teams. But if I have to choose to forgive Buffalo's leadership, I choose Hamilton, because that's exactly what this team imported me into the great hockey because I was chosen to draft directly on that team.   [61 word - 1TP]

Code:

3TP
Verification word: cālis

TOTAL: 16/16

1. After his move from the New Orleans Spectres during the off season in free agency to the Atlanta Inferno in Georgia Rex Kirkby was not sure what to expect from his first season in a new division and conference. On top of this the season moved from fifty games to sixty six games so the bar for achievement was somewhat muddied. As well as this the head office persecuted Kirkby at the beginning of the season and despite the rule book not being clear on the matter suspended him for the first four games of the season. However despite the adversity he posted a career season in points and if it was not for an end of season slump probably would have been firmly in the mix for a stevens award. A presence at both ends of the ice Kirkby was an all round action man making well over one hundred hits and blocks as well as putting up 52 points in 62 games. Overall a very decent season.

[169]

3/16

3. During the off season Rex Kirkby was approached by charity very close to his heart and one that he had done work with before as a way to keep fit during the lull between seasons. Charitable bear wrestling. The chairty puts up the worlds biggest juice heads like Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, Oleksii Novikov and Eddie Hall against the worlds most ferocious bears like Grizzlies and Polar bears and throws them together in an arena. All tickets and pay per view subscriptions then go towards freeing caged and pet bears and to maintaining their habitats around the world. Rex Kirkby isnt quite stupid enough to get into an arena with a full grown bear but he does help with commentary, manning the phone lines and acting as the face off/spokesperson for the oganisation. Over the years there have been a few incidents that have threatened the existance of the charity but its nothing that a personal visit from Rex can't help smooth over.

[162]

6/16

Onopriekno
Completely useless award
Valued by no one

Mister Rex Kirkby
Really wants a Stevens win
Probably wont though

Quebec talked some shit
Anchorage was too legit
No cup for the French

Fire chickens rise
Is there a better franchise
The answer is no

8/16

5. I think Quebec will feel hard done by not being in the four star cup finals. After the weird playoff formatting with franchise hockey manager it ended up being seed one vs two and nine vs 12 for the semi finals which meant one of Anaheim or Vancouver more or less got a free ride to the final while Quebec who had far and away been the best team in the regular season came up against their closest challenger in Anchorage. In the end it came down to a Pablo Salvatici breakaway goal and quite frankly superior management from Anchorage to tip the scales but Quebec go home empty handed from the semis in what probably should have been the finals series.

[122]

10/16

6. Much like in the simulation hockey league with the advent of franchise hockey manager the international ice hockey federation tournament held every off season has become a lot more predictable. Gone are the days where Ireland can fluke their way to five cups in a row. Therefore I think that it will be more or less the same as the past few seasons where the dominant teams are likely to come from Canada, The United States and Great Britain. The first two have an endless pool of players to choose from so a fall off is unlikely while Great Britain has effectively used transfers to top up its already high talent roster and to supplement their forward core that used to be its main weakness and is now becoming as good as any other groups in the competition. So I think those three will be the main contenders for medals but look out for Japan and maybe Czechia or Norway to throw their hat into the mix as well.

[169]

13/16

15. Verification word: Boats

16/16

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 04:38 AM by gordieboom.)

Last season was Adrian Ayers third season in the J. I had big expectations for the season, since i broke the 425 max TPE before the start of the season. Playing minutes would rise and thus i was hoping for a scoring outbreak. That did not quite happen, although Ayers numbers increased considerably, especially in the goals department. At times Adrian was on a hot-streak but more often he was on a cold streak, but ultimately Adrian ended the season with 18 goals (third on the team) and 16 assists for a combined of 34 points (fifth on the team). The most disappointing stat however was the plusminus category, which was -9. Too low for my tasting, but I don’t think that can be counted all towards Ayers solely as St.Louis was known for lacking defensive strength. To end positively, i really do believe St.Louis is getting stronger, we seen the first signal of that during the playoffs and i am really excited to see what Adrian can do next season.

15. Ayeaye

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 10:56 AM by Matteo.)

1. Personal reflection: 3 TPE
This was Mat Smith's first season at the 425 cap and 3rd season overall. He started off pretty slow, allowing many goals and having a low save percentage, but as the season went on he got better, finishing with a .920 save percentage, good for 5th in the league. His goals against average of 2.38 also places him in 5th, but where Smith really shone was his win-loss record. In 41 games played, Smith won 31 of them, 6 of which were shutouts, losing only 5 in regulation and 5 in an overtime or shootout. This is really a testament to how the team in front of him performed as well, as the Citadelles finished first in the league by a wide margin, with 107 points. Overall Smith says he is very happy with his performance this season, and is looking forward to next season in which he will likely split starts more evenly with current backup Tyler Ward.

2. New skater or goalie role: 2 TPE
What the SHL is really missing is the ability to create a player who is really slow and old, yet is favoured by the coach anyways. I have a hard time deciding on whether it should be called "coach's pet" or "pylon," but either way what it is, is a player who's skating can't go above 5, and the rest of their skills can't be above 7 either, besides the physical ones maybe, and FHM will force them to be played 15-20 minutes a night, definitely more than any young star or especially rookies. Their age to start will be 28, which means that in their 10th season they'll be 38 and still deployed the same way. Oh, and they start getting hit by regression 5 seasons in instead of 10.

3. Offseason charity: 3 TPE
This offseason, when Mat Smith isn't on the ice either practicing or playing with Team Finland at the WJC, he can be found at the animal shelter, taking care of and playing with all of the dogs looking for new homes. There's a few hilarious photos on Twitter that you can find of 15 dogs on leashes each trying to pull Smith in different directions while he's trying to control them, all while wearing roller skates of course. When asked if Mat Smith would be adopting any of them, he responded with "well I already have six dogs at home and I don't know if my roommates would be happy if I brought home another." Then he paused and knelt down next to a golden retriever, "but look at this face, who can say no to that? Realistically I'm expecting to have three more by the end of the summer," he said with a laugh.

4. Haikus: 2 TPE
Championship week;
Nobody seems to like it;
But I think it's fun.

Best team in juniors;
Quebec City Citadelles;
Next season we'll win.

It is the finals;
Syndicate versus Steelhawks;
May the best team win.

Offseason is here;
For all the unlucky teams;
Which means Worlds is soon.

5. Best eliminated team (2 TPE)
I'm going with the obvious answer for best team that didn't make the finals, it has to be my team, the Quebec City Citadelles. They finished with 107 points in 66 games, which is a points per game of 1.62, the best since the season 53 Detroit Falcons, who had 84 points in 50 games for a points per game of 1.68. They also ended up winning the Four-Star Cup, I might add. The biggest thing that upsets me is that the Citadelles really should have been in the finals, I'm not saying that they definitely would have beat Anaheim or Vancouver in the semis, but they would have had a much better chance than if they had to play the 2nd seed in the semis as the #1 seed, which they did.

12. Many topics (3 TPE)
a. It's hard to say who will win in the finals, obviously I'll be cheering for the Chicago Syndicate since they're the team that drafted me, but as the defending champs Hamilton is a really scary team, and usually one of the favourites to win. I think this series will go to seven games either way though.
c. I have to go with the Syndicate for the superior branding. First of all because you can't argue in any way that Hamilton, Ontario is in any way better than Chicago, and if you try there will be 2.7 million angry Chicagoans at your doorstep, which 600 thousand Hamiltonians could never stop. Chicago is known for many things, the sports, music, food, culture, and gangsters, while nobody outside of Canada knows Hamilton exists. The yellow is also a much better and more unique primary colour than Hamilton's generic blue, and a mobster could easily beat a hawk in a fight.
d. If I can't choose all of the above, it's hard to refuse that lap dance from Hugh Jazz. I'm not gay, and I don't know anything about Hugh Jazz other than the name, but that sounds like it would be classy af, get some jazz music going and sit back and let him do his thing.

15. Trivia (hopefully 3 TPE but all I need is 1)
Verification word: Chicago

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 10:40 AM by JR95.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Honestly, I wasn't super happy with how my player performed in Maine, but it wasn't the worst all things considered. I have a maxed-out build for the J so I figured I'd be a bit more productive than I was but I also wasn't playing top-line minutes or even on the PP. The only special teams time I had was on the PK and though I did well there, it's obviously not going to help my point production.  It was a bit disappointing mostly because I spent so long working on defensive skills, then spent the last offseason really cranking my offensive abilities to put up more points but I didn't actually see a difference. I think Next season I'm going to stick to my strengths and focus on my strong defensive game and who knows, maybe if I get some more opportunities this season I may be able to produce a bit more. There are a lot of players being called up in Maine so the chance could be there for the taking.

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

The new role I would introduce to FHM would be the water boy! This role is a player who has all their stats specialized in all the hidden FHM stats like leadership, sportsmanship, Loyalty and straight-up good looks. This role may not seem important but don't let the title fool you! While you won't be dishing out passes and putting pucks top-shelf, your hidden attributes help you improve the rest of your teams game. Having a Water boy is like having a personal cheerleader and support coach. oh, and he can also give you water I guess. Point is, you can't tap into the full potential of even your star players without a water boy on the bench.

Quote:4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

Baltimore Platoon
a team that will be good soon
but now not so much

Lucas Johansson
Maine Timber is now his team
Platoon is the dream

Can't wait for the draft
Such good picks my team will have
The future is bright

Hi Suavemente
Is me your good pal JR
is this a haiku?

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I think it's safe to say that the best team to not make the finals this season is easily the Buffalo Stampede. They've been a dominant team season after season and have one of the best asset managing GMs in the league. They're a team that's rich in everything"talent, depth, prospects, picks, you name it. Not only did they have the means to make it to the finals, but they could also easily improve their roster down the line by dealing some of those picks they have stockpiled for more immediate help. They didn't make it this season, but they probably should have and they will for a long time to come.

Quote:Code:

Pizza

Quote:11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S56 season (on or off the ice)
- S57 playoff round-up
- S57 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S58 predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

https://soundcloud.com/user-790909513/cw57

2 person mini-pod: 4TPE for 8 Minutes

0. PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page