Create Account

I Want To Hear Your Favorite Album pt. 5: It’s Kind of Personal

Welcome back for part 5 of “I Want to Hear Your Favorite Album”. All spots are filled for the 50 album list, whole list is here! I am slowly going down the list.

It’s Nothing Personal by Bury Your Dead

[Image: 220px-BuryyourdeadNOTHINGPERSONAL.jpg]

I have heard of this band, but never listened to them. I know they are a metalcore outfit

Cover Art Rating: 5/10
Nothing special with the cover art, just a desert.

Lyric Rating: 5/10
Lyrics here are on par for metalcore from 2009. There might be one good line here or there that catches you, but it is mostly the same style of lyrics most metalcore bands used in those times. I was a big into metalcore at that time as well, so it was like traveling back in time.

Music Rating: 6/10
Again, it's on par for what was going on at that time. Heavy verses, clean chorus, breakdown. It was fun to listen to and brought me back ~12 years.

Favorite Song: Hurting Not Helping
The opening track let me know exactly what this band was all about. I did like the instrumental outro "Enough" quite a bit too.

Not So Favorite Song: N/A
I don't really have a least favorite song on this album. I think 1 stood out more than the others but none fell under, if that makes sense?

Overall Nic Score: 5.5/10

It's a good album that I would have enjoyed more 12 years ago when it came out. I might check out one of their later albums to see how they have progressed. Thanks for the suggestion @wumaduce .

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

30 seconds of listening, sounds like Demon Hunter but not as good.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-19-2021, 09:59 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: 30 seconds of listening, sounds like Demon Hunter but not as good.
a few more songs down. I give it 3 stars. Back to work!

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-19-2021, 08:51 AMNictox Wrote: Welcome back for part 5 of “I Want to Hear Your Favorite Album”. All spots are filled for the 50 album list, whole list is here! I am slowly going down the list.

It’s Nothing Personal by Bury Your Dead

[Image: 220px-BuryyourdeadNOTHINGPERSONAL.jpg]

I have heard of this band, but never listened to them. I know they are a metalcore outfit

Cover Art Rating: 5/10
Nothing special with the cover art, just a desert.

Lyric Rating: 5/10
Lyrics here are on par for metalcore from 2009. There might be one good line here or there that catches you, but it is mostly the same style of lyrics most metalcore bands used in those times. I was a big into metalcore at that time as well, so it was like traveling back in time.

Music Rating: 6/10
Again, it's on par for what was going on at that time. Heavy verses, clean chorus, breakdown. It was fun to listen to and brought me back ~12 years.

Favorite Song: Hurting Not Helping
The opening track let me know exactly what this band was all about. I did like the instrumental outro "Enough" quite a bit too.

Not So Favorite Song: N/A
I don't really have a least favorite song on this album. I think 1 stood out more than the others but none fell under, if that makes sense?

Overall Nic Score: 5.5/10

It's a good album that I would have enjoyed more 12 years ago when it came out. I might check out one of their later albums to see how they have progressed. Thanks for the suggestion @wumaduce .

This is the only album with this vocalist. I believe they went back to their original vocalist after it.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]