Create Account

S57 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 01:49 AM by Kettellkorn.)

Task #7 : Obviously, I’m a rookie this year and I’m not a recreate so this is the only format I’ve known for SHL. As a Whaler (and a dumb rookie) I had no idea this was the format being used, so I was ecstatic that that last game of the regular season was the end for us. However, I feel like including every team in the playoffs kinda makes the stakes of the regular season feel much lower. I would op for the regular seasons having a greater impact if possible of course. I’m not smart enough to run a league like this so for all I know there’s no way for this to be possible in our league.
(117 words)

#8 : I feel like my player performed exceptionally well in his rookie season and I definitely proved to my teammates and GMs that I have a lot to offer on the ice. I set maybe an unreasonably high expectation of myself mentally as far as stats go, so that was a little disappointing. By the truth is I did my part as a rookie on a team that needed it so that’s great! Also, as a team we did great! We made an insane run in the playoffs when no one expected it. In a more meta sense, I’ve made a ton of progress understating the ins and out of the league. Staring out fresh is incredibly daunting, honestly still is sometimes, but just simply learning how to navigate, get claims in, make money, and write articles has been huge for me. Next season I hope to be a little bit more on top of things and hopefully claim everything and have a much larger Twitter presence because currently I’m literally burning money by not freaking tweeting.

(176 words)

#10: In our playoff run we proved that we are no joke. We had a really crap season but we definitely pulled it together there at the end. I think this is our proof that we are going to be a problem for the rest of the league next season. We are losing some talent this season, Sarah Burke is going to be hard to replace, but we have a ton of developing talent. I have high hopes we can snag a couple of big players in the upcoming draft to help add a little depth to the roster where we are going to lose players to the SHL. If we can display even a fraction of the fire that we had in the playoffs this year, I think we have a very good chance of winning cup, if not in season 59, season 60. Given our young team a chance to develop Vancouver will be restored to its former glory with a chance to win another set of cups back to back.

(172 words)

#11: Austin Smith: “Offseason? Break? Never heard of it. There’s no such thing as offseason for me. I’ll be on the ice 25/8 while we aren’t on the ice as a team. I’m flying back to the states to be with my family and my dad and I are constructing a full sized, regulation ice rink on the farm. Once that’s completed you can only expect my skills to double since we last met. I’ll be studying tapes when I’m not on the ice, so all I have to say is watch out because next season I’m not playing around. I’m coming back for blood. 

Well I guess if there is some time after dark or something I might go down to the animal shelter and help out with the animals. I really like cats. The animals, not the movie. And maybe I’ll sit down with my mom and watch old reruns of 60s sitcoms, but only while the zamboni is out on the ice.”
(162 words)

#12: Austin Smith, left wing for the Vancouver Whalers is an intriguing prospect for the SHL. He certainly possesses a high level of skill passing the puck as well as boasts a reality high shooting percentage. However, his consistency may prove to be problematic as he seems to have a hard time performing on a weekly basis. One game he will post 2-3 points, then go on a streak of 5 games plus without showing much of anything. His face-offs appear to be an incredibly week spot in his game so it is probably best to keep him out of the circle as much as possible. He may prove valuable to teams looking to simply add to their depth and not necessarily looking for an all star tier starter. Next season we will keep a close on on this young player as he will most likely play a crucial role in the Whalers offense. If he can improve his consistency he may well just find his place in the SHL in the years to come.
(174 words)

#16 yeet

Task #2 - 2 TPE
[Image: 5a0bc1c87482a3283ce579ab-3-large.jpg]
As part of the fan appreciation week the Kraken will be distributing a gift to the most loyal of supporters. During the second intermission of the first game of the 58th season, fans in attendance will be able to acquire a limited edition Kraken ski mask upon showing of their ticket. The hat is knitted in the team’s colors of orange and black, with small tentacles covering the lower face area. Supporters that show up with tickets from the last couple of season premieres will get a similar hat but with the number of their player of choice knitted on the back.
Code:
words: 105

Task #7 - 2 TPE
I believe that this playoff format should put the best matchups as early as possible in the tournament but seeing the result in the current playoffs, it does not meet up to its expectations. I believe that a great playoff structure makes it so that no team has an easy way into the finals and needs to be the best team at every matchup until they meet the team that also battled their way into the cup championship. This is somewhat of a difficult structure to get as what is considered a difficult matchup is different for the 1st seed compared to the 8th seed. Maybe this would entail that the teams close to on another in the standing should always play in each round, but it would risk the final being the first time the lower end of the rankings would play a stronger opponent. The current format does allow for some strange matchups but does put every team against a tough opponent in each round, not differentiating from which conference they adhere to normally. In that sense the structure is great and provides some interesting talking points and unexpected matchups that can spawn new inter-conference rivalries!
Code:
words: 198

Task #8 - 2 TPE
As we got to the half-way point of the season, things were looking very good for Tomas Lind and the Kraken. Tomas had produced on a good pace for his first season, breaking 10 goals in around 35 games and passing both of his seasonal goals with ease. Things were looking good, but Lind was quickly brought back down to reality and only managed to produce half as many goals on the latter half of the schedule. The defensive aspects of his game was looking flawed the entire season, so Lind really needs to work on consistency during the off season and focus more on developing his game on his own side of the ice. It is expected that it takes a while for a junior that moves far away from home to acclimate himself to his new surroundings, so the future only looks brighter for him as both himself and the rest of the Kraken develop.
Code:
words: 157

Task #10 - 3 TPE
The Kraken came into the season with one of the younger rosters in the SMJHL, mostly made up of rookies and sophomores. The regular season proved difficult to keep up with the more experienced teams in the conference but did provide a good battle ground for the rookies to get directly into the deep end. This experience will prove valuable for the upcoming season as the entire class develops further with the influx of new talent. The young defense pair of Finn von Murphenstein and Ole Olson will only improve upon their stable first season, will join the sophomores of Jimmy Jimmy and Ashy Larry fighting for the top 4 pairings. On the forward side, Freyja Hellström and Luukas Lilja continued to develop while the rookies Tomas Lind and Golden Face should push for top 6 minutes during the upcoming season with the many of the experienced players moving on up to the SHL.
Code:
words: 154

Task #11 - 3 TPE
During this off season, Tomas will be gearing up for his first World Junior Championship representing Juniorkronorna Sweden. It will be a good chance to spend some time with his fellow countrymen and play with some of the other Swedish players from the SMJHL. This will also put him up against the best of the best, a good litmus test for the future within the Kraken. Once that tournament is over, Lind hopes to fly back to Sweden to rest up a bit back home in the north. The family has a cabin a couple of kilometers inland where there is no real connection to the rest of the world. Just below the cabin there is a field where the Linds grow their own vegetables and a great opportunity to build up some muscle tilling the land. The cabin is a great place to spend some time alone to relax, reflect and prepare for the upcoming season.
Code:
words: 153

Task #12 - 3 TPE
The team who intends to take a chance on the tough Swedish winger will get a great team player and a player who is not often seen shying away from a puck battle, most often than not in front of the goal. Lind will also have an impact in the locker room. When we were asking all of his teammates in Carolina or his youth team back in Sweden, no one had any bad things to say about Tomas. He always brings a smile and has always words of encouragement for anyone that needs it. One aspect of his game that may limit his deployment is in the defensive end. The transition to a smaller rink and older players has not been easy and he is most often seen chasing the opposition on rushes and doesn’t always anticipate plays that will occur in the defensive zone. Lind has shown some improvements during the season, but is still one of the weaker areas of his game.
Code:
words: 165

Task #16 - >1 TPE
kraken

SUM: >16 TPE

PBE – 3 TPE PBE PT

Task #15 – 4 TPE https://youtu.be/0fStE3-ZSmI

Task # 2 – 2 TPE
Teddy Park bobble head
After his final season in J, the Kelowna Knights have decided to honor Teddy by handing out a commemorative bobble head. The bobble head will feature Teddy dropping his gloves, and a lines man holding him back and preventing him from fighting. Long term fans on the Knights will recognize this as an extremely common occurrence from Teddy’s final season, and it should hold a place of honor on fans mantles as Teddy moves on to find success at the next level- where hopefully the Refs will let him get his Super Smash Bros on. Teddy, we wish you the very best of luck next season with the Baltimore Platoon.

Task #4 – 3 TPE

Danny C could be seen Tuesday afternoon on the ice with the kids of Immaculata Regional High School’s ice hockey team. After a solid rookie year, Danny C has started to build a fan club but it is clear many of his original fans are from the local high school teams. Atleast twice a month Danny C can be seen at one of the local schools helping the kids get the fundamentals down and building the team up for their games. It’s even been reported that he has attended a few to cheer on the Spartans! Over the offseason, he organized a community pantry event in which he and the members of the club went into downtown Kelowna and distributed food to members of the community. After the event was over he surprised the club with brand new gear- helmets jerseys sticks pads and all. When asked about Danny, one member of the club said, “He is always very patient and a great teacher. He has been talking about the draft ever since Kelowna took the L in the post season, but we hope whoever takes him lets him stay down, atleast until we graduate!”

Task #8 - 2 TPE

I think Danny C preformed quite well this season. One of the goals I had set for myself was to finish the season with a +/- on the + side of things. I ended up at +6 which I feel is respectable for my first season. I would have liked to score more goals, and started putting more TPE into my offensive abilities later in the season. This payed out almost immediately, as I went from scoring 3 goals in the regular season to sinking 3 in the playoffs through just one series. Next season, I hope to be known around the league as one of the best wingers around.

Task #12 - 3 TPE

Well this is a bit of an odd question. I would start by answering the “or perhaps wary” part of the question except there is literally nothing to be wary of. Danny is coming off a monster season in which the Knights were robbed of a chance to compete for the four star by some rough bounces in the first round. Danny started the season as an average player- He wasn’t doing offensively but had very few turnovers or slip ups on the ice. He is pretty aggressive for a forward, clocking in at 51 hits on the year. He also managed to block 63 shots so you know hes not afraid to sacrifice his body for the good of the club.  He only had 3 goals of his own but put up 14 assists including one on a short handed goal. His time on the ice was limited to about 11 minutes a game, but now that he’s had a year to get his feet underhim I would expect every number to improve over last season.

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 11:49 PM by supertardis101.)

2. I think something that would be a great representation/promotional item to have at our berserker games would be giant wooden signs that say Sad! on them. This is a personified version of an emote we have in the locker-room and it always makes me laugh whenever I see it. Anyone who is anywhere close to the team knows the significance of a big sign that says Sad! on it. I think it would be a great addition and it would rally the hell out of our already crazy fanbase. Our fanbase already is like Beatlemania level crazy. God can only imagine what they would do with this. it would be given out during our home opener and every subsequent home game vs our main rivals. (126 Words) +2 TPE

4. Well if Billy Brooks is gonna do any charity he is gonna do a charity supporting those who cannot eat a full meal every time they need to. Billy grew up during the potato famine of the early 19th century and that experience shaped him heavily into the person he is today. He does not let any food go to waste, even now, and he always makes sure that the people around him always have enough to eat. You can always find him with a hockey bag full of granola and power bars and he loves to take his teammates out for a good steak dinner every Friday night. If he had a chance to work for a specific charity/make a donation it would definitely be Feeding America. The organization has done so much good in providing that kids all over our great nation have enough to eat so that they can focus on school and other activities instead of working for food. It's a great program and Billy endorses it greatly! (173 Words) +3 TPE

7. I will say personally that I rather dislike this format. I do not like big playoff pictures and teams. Granted my favorite sport is baseball and I do tend to think of a lot of things in Baseball terms, but I really do dislike this system. I do not think letting the entire league into the playoffs is a good idea at all. It is just random and leaves people feeling frustrated and angry towards the league and makes them not want to continue to earn and progress in the league. I think moving down to the top 6 would be a better idea. Just my opinion, but having the entire league in the playoffs is just kind of shitty in my opinion. (123 Words) +2 TPE

9. I would say that the series between the Newfoundland Berserkers and the Maine timber was insane. The Berserkers came into the series the underdogs in the 12 seed while the Timber was in the 5 seed thinking it would be an easy win. Early off we started off on a hot streak when we took the first two games of the series for ourselves. I remember the LR during those games and it was so fun. It was electric. We sadly dropped game 3 to the timber, but that would be the only game we lost in the whole series. We took the last two with a finishing record of 4-1 and gave ourselves a pat on the back for a job well done. We didnt win in the Semis, but we went further than expected and had a great time along the way! (144 Words) +2 TPE

10. Well ill tell you what the Berserkers have to look forward to for next season. It is having the number one overall pick in the SMJHL draft. This pick is so enormously valuable it is tough to even put it into words. This pick is likely going to be able to draft a player that will start to turn the Berserkers around in a good way. We had a disappointing season this year as we finished last in the league, but we have a lot of really active people coming into their better seasons and their careers in the minors so I think next season you will see the Berserkers gain a few more wins on the opposition! It is going to be exciting and I do not know who the Berserkers are gonna select with that precious 1OA pick, but I think it will be someone good. I have complete faith in my two GMS and I trust them to make a good decision that will positively impact the team going forward. Keep Calm and Let's Go Newfoundland Besekers! (180 Words) +3 TPE

15. Podcast +4 TPE

16. Poggers1

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 01:27 PM by ImYolo.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE
In celebration of St. Louis's achievement - advancing to the second round of the playoffs for the first time since Season 53 - the Crows will be holding a fan appreciation day at Game 1 of the quarterfinals matchup against the Anchorage Armada! On this day, just by showing up, you can pick up a free Nicolae Antonescu bobble head! And after receiving your bobble head, make sure to hold on to the paper slip on the bottom with your custom number because 10 lucky fans will be receiving a signed Nicolae Antonescu jersey via a raffle! Are you feeling lucky, Crows fans? Thank you for your continued support with the franchise - we appreciate you!
-
(113 words)

Task #3 - 2 TPE
With a very exciting matchup soon to come between the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Anchorage Armada, I think everyone is looking to the starting goaltenders and wondering just how much of a battle of the creases we'll see in this quarterfinals matchup. For St. Louis, Nicolae Antonescu has had a fantastic performance in Round 1 as he kept his team in it despite being down two games in the series! He stands tall at 6 feet 2 inches and is certainly a goaltending superstar. He has the highest TPE of any goaltender currently in the SMJHL and he's certainly ready for a cup sooner than later! For Anchorage, standing even taller at 6 feet 8 inches, the Serbian giant - Chimkin Tendy - has had a phenomenal year thus far. With extremely rapid reflexes - he certainly wouldn't be your first choice to shoot against. With this being his first year as the starting playoff goaltender, he's certainly looking to make a statement here.
-
(162 words)

Task #4 - 3 TPE
Hunter Sharpe has certainly been putting his best foot forward in terms of on-ice effort, however, he certainly seems to value the off-ice impact that he can contribute to as well. He recently volunteered at an animal shelter and we got a few words from him on what he thought and what he contributed to.

"This has been an amazing opportunity for me. As soon as I walked into the building the staff at the front desk were extremely friendly. I said hello and told them to put me to work! I went into the back of the establishment and the noise of the excited pups was extreme! It was very exciting - I'm certainly a dog person, so this was right up my alley. After I said hello to the dogs, I went with Sarah, the kind director of the establishment, to clean up the dog crates. Afterward, I got a little exercise by lifting and carrying the bags of dog food around. Gotta love the fact that I can get my offseason workouts in while I'm making a difference. After the work was done, I got to say hello to some pups a little more up close and personal, and let's just say the dog slobber was flying. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to come back soon."
-
(222 words)

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Here's my dream team for picks from the Anchorage Armada and the Anaheim Outlaws. Let's start off with Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind (RW) from Anaheim. He had a great playoff season and put up 15 points (8G, 7A) in 21 games and is a great addition for powerplays as he leads his team in powerplay goals for this playoff season. I'd certainly pull in Theo Kondos (LW) from Anchorage. He had a phenomenal playoff season and put up 18 points (11G, 7A) in 16 games, and was the lead goal and pointer scorer for his team in the playoffs. I'd be mistaken if I didn't choose Pablo Salvatici © from Anchorage. He's played very well with 16 points (2G, 14A) in 16 games and hasn't taken a penalty throughout the entire duration of the playoffs - fantastic. I'd certainly need some rock hard defense and that's when Julian Cunningham (RD) from Anaheim comes in. He's put up 6 points (1G, 5A) in 21 games and has the best +- on his team. On the other side of the defensive line, I'd certainly need Alexei Petrikov (LD) from Anchorage. He's contributed 8 points (4G, 4A) in 16 games and leads his team in shots blocked. In the crease, I'd love to see Chimkin Tendy (G) from Anchorage. With a GAA of 1.86, he's certainly a force to be reckoned with.
-
(226 words)

Task #10 - 3 TPE
For the first time since Season 53 of the SMJHL, the St. Louis Scarecrows made it to the second round of the playoffs. Although we did ultimately fall short in the second round to the new Four Star Cup champions, this is certainly not a disappointing result considering that we have such a bright future. We have quite the roster of rookie players that are seriously putting in the work to become the best players that they can be. St. Louis certainly has every right to be excited for the next few seasons. A few rookies that are certainly going to be building the franchise up to its full potential include Jean-Locke Zidane - first overall pick in the S57 SMJHL draft - Friedenreich Hundertwasser - now named an Alternate captain after only 1 season - and Daryl Urquhart - a beast despite not even playing all games in the regular season. These are just a few installments of potential in the St. Louis locker room. Other rookies include Hunter Sharpe, Greg Davies, Nick Grant, and Eero Makela. St. Louis is certainly in for a wild ride within the next few seasons.
-
(187 words)

Task #16 - 3 TPE
Verification Word: Blue

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows 

Quote:Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

Quebec City decided to give out to its fans a 24 piece lego set which allowed them to build a small replica of the Quebec City Citadel. The set comes with two small flags that snap on, one being the flag of Quebec and the other of the Citadelles. The promotional was given out at the first game against an American team as the Citadel was built to keep the United States from attacking Quebec City during the 1800s. Season ticket holders got an additional 24 piece set that let them build a replica of the Citadelles arena that was given out when they renewed or signed up.

Quote:Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
-WRITTEN: 150+ words

This is the easiest thing, my player is deeply involved with breast cancer and cancer awareness community events. His mother was diagnosed with stage III breast cancer and survived and his aunt has leukemia. He is the first person to give money to these events and always provides a signed jersey or puck to every silent auction. His off time he can be found at the cancer ward of any children's hospital or regular hospital in Quebec City or the surrounding communities. He tries to run in every 5K or Bike-a-Thon when possible. He has become such a fixture that he has begun hosting the "Davenport Downhill" which pits competitors to build wacky sleds and contraptions and take them down a hill (Similar to Red Bull's Flutag) with competitors judged the best or the most creative winning prizes and with all proceeds going to the Terry Fox foundation or cancer research charities.

Quote:Task #8 - 2 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

I had come into the season with the hope that I would play 20 minutes a night and just light it up. But I was able to get drafted by a team that went on to set records this season. I wanted to start on the third line, but on a ridiculously stacked team, you go where you are told and play the game the coach tells you to. So I played on the fourth line. I wasn't the worst or the best but I was able to show I have an ability to play both the Center and Right Wing position well so that helped. I wanted to score 20 goals, I scored 3 with 10 assists but I showed scouts that had a chance to see me I could contribute and play a 200 foot game. I just need to find a place on Quebec that allows me to shine, keep putting on muscle, play a faster game and get into the dirty areas a little more.

Quote:Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Quebec is going to lose some of its luster with its top three players looking to be called up. Like Buffalo in the show, Quebec has a lot of star power waiting in the wings to take advantage of their absence. With any hope I will move up to a third line scoring role and the GM and powers that be can draft a solid fourth line that can really grind the game down in the clutches. The team also has a solid D core developing and its goaltender situation is also solid. Its just going to come down to replacing high powered goal scorers and I think during this upcoming year that is definitely possible. Standing behind the players is a strong coaching bench that is keeping the team active, healthy and moving and an engaged GM and management team that is getting the absolute best out of its lineup. If everything clicks like it did last season, we could see a title in Quebec City.

Quote:Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

With the virus in full throat and the season over for us in the 2nd round, I decided to visit home for a month. Eastbourne is a great town, right on the coast of the UK and during this time of the year its very pretty. I was able to leave before the travel shutdown and returned home and did some charity work before meeting with some SHL teams. Only a few have sought me out, which is a concern. I want to play pro hockey, I don't want to just visit the Junior leagues before heading home and working some menial job. So I've spent the rest of my offseason in the gym and doing skating drills and working on my conditioning. I want to make it, be in the show, be a superstar and I know scouts won't take me seriously unless they see me taking myself seriously so here I am.

Quote:Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.

Did Trivia, Confirmation Word: Spaceball

Task #2 - Fan Appreciation (2 TPE)

Make sure you get your tickets to the Carolina Kraken Season 58 home opener early, because they're going to go fast! For the first and only time, the Carolina Kraken will be giving out fifty percent off coupons to the Kraken general manager's OnlyFans! That's right folks, for a limited time, you can get access to the exclusive Kraken content for half price! Make sure you purchase both your ticket and the "Content" upgrade for an additional twenty percent off of your order. You're getting sixty percent less sleeves AND sixty percent off if you buy the upgraded ticket package! These coupons are non-transferable, and may be used at any point in the next year for any one month subscription. They can not be combined with any other current offers. Call now!

Task #12 - Scouting Report (3 TPE)

Next up is Ole Olson, the six foot three powerhouse out of Notodden. This guy had never played competitive hockey before declaring eligible for the Season 57 SMJHL draft. A bit of a beefcake, he's made his name by knocking his opponents to the ice before they can make a move. There were rumors that Olson may have been weighing a transfer to the Brits due to his dual citizenship, but they were quickly quashed as he was recently called up to represent Norway on Team World in the World Juniors. It's uncertain how many teams feel about Olson going into the draft, but he's been reported to have had some good discussions with the teams that have had interest so far. He was recently signed by the agent that represents Tyler Montain in the ISFL, a journeyman defensive tackle that, while not particularly flashy, has an incredible work ethic and makes massive improvements every season. It's expected that Olson is a similar type of player which attracted the agency to him. As a very new player it's difficult to say how his career will turn out, but we believe this kid has what it takes to make a  name for himself in the big leagues.

Task #13 - Short Answer Prompts (4 TPE)

A. David S. Pumpkins is the clear front runner for best player name of the teams in this series. With a name like David S. Pumpkins, you know that the guy is part of it. I mean come on, he's David S. Pumpkins, man! Let's break it down. David is such a solid start; it's a strong name, a name fit for a king. S. Anyone with a middle initial gets 10 free cool points. It's mysterious. It's intriguing. It's the best. Bring it home with Pumpkins. A completely acceptable last name. Any questions?

B. It's a little late to pick a favorite, but I definitely would have picked the Armada even before seeing the outcome of the series. They looked much better throughout the season being one of two teams to score over two hundred goals, and the ONLY team to keep their goals against below one hundred fifty. While Anchorage won a fair bit less than Quebec, the Armada were clearly better than Anaheim. I'm not at all surprised they went the distance.

C. For Vancouver they needed to focus on keeping their goalie clean. They had entirely too many goals against during their series with Anaheim. That scrub Sarah Burke needs to do more work to help out the goaltender. While Quebec City needed to maintain their momentum. They played extremely well going into the series, held their own against Anchorage for a bit and then the wheels fell off.

D. Slava Petrov was the best player in a monster team for Anchorage. With a whopping fifty-four points, the right winger fired off a total of one hundred ninety-seven shots on goal, scoring on over ten and a half percent of them. A true team player, Slava racked up thirty-three assists and a plus/minus of thirty-eight. Such a well rounded season is amazing for such a good team.

Task #15 - Podcast (4 TPE)

Two person mini-pod with @r0tzbuaListen here!

Task #16 - Finals Trivia (3 TPE)

Submitted! Verification: arch

16/16 TPE

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 03:41 PM by MrRuihu.)

Code:
Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

The Kelowna Knights of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League will be giving out a limited edition, rare piece of Kelowna Knights history. They will be giving away BF SWORDS to everyone in attendance that knight wearing some Kelowna Knights gear.
That's right, just show up to the first game of the season, (First Home Game) and you will receive a BIG FUCKING SWORD. perfect for cutting down crowds on your way to your seat, what a better way to show everyone you mean business, by showing up to a business with a big fucking sword. Limited quantities available, while supplies last.

102 words - 2 TPE

Code:
Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

And now, for the tale of the tape in the upcoming match, Pitting the Kelowna Knights, against the team that knocked them out during the post season, the St. Louis Scarecrows.

This is going to look at two very strong individuals that will be participating in this rematch, in their first matchup of the season (Not to be confused with the first game of the season) The one and only, Gerry Atrick of the Kelowna Knights!

Taking on, from the St. Louis Scarecrows, Greg Taskmaster Davies!

Gerry Atrick has a particular set of rituals he does to prepare for games, he drinks his ovaltine, takes a vitamin and uses a machine to get a deep tissue muscle massage before each game, in order to stay limber even though he's like 70 or older.

Greg taskmaster Davies likes to watch reruns of his show and laugh at his stupid guests in order to gain some confidence that he's the best and brightest and will have no trouble with anyone on the ice.

171 Words - 2 TPE

Code:
Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Gerry Atrick feels he is very lucky to be in the position he is in currently, and in order to give back to the community in which he lives and thrives in, he has decided to volunteer at various soup kitchens across the province in order to help out people who are less fortunate than he is. He has many regular customers sadly, and he enjoys being able to provide them a warm meal and company if they choose to have it. On top of volunteering at soup kitchens he also spends his time in long term care facilities, reading and writing for the elders, as well as cooking, providing entertainment and organizing special events for them to take part in. he also chaperones them to various places in the community for their outings and providing safety for them during their time out. Gerry enjoys his time out with people in the community and loves giving back as much as he can.

162 words - 3 TPE

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Our team has everything to look forward to, we have gained a very strong, very active locker room, with many people who are excited to build this team to the best it can possibly be. Our GM's are awesome and put major effort into ensuring our success not only as an individual player but also as a team. We have a numerous amount of players unbanking from the cap at 350 to proceed to the 425 cap, which is also huge and will provide us with a very strong core to place our weaker players around. sidenote being just because they're weaker now doesn't mean they aren't going to flourish into bright beautiful players in the next coming seasons. One player in particular is Gerry Atrick, although he had a rough time midway through the season, he has come back just as strong and as hard and is showing he is willing and able to play with the best of them in the season coming up.

150 words - 3 TPE

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

The Kelowna Knights were sadly eliminated in 7 games to the St. Louis Scarecrows. Although it was tough fought, the better team won.
Gerry Atrick will be spending his time this offseason in very many ice baths, he will be spending most of his time in the gym, trying to get harder, better, faster, stronger. He wishes to rise to the top, and show everyone that even though he struggled a bit mid-season, he is still someone worth watching out for and drafting in the SHL. People should watch out for his large frame and strong ability to keep himself on the puck better than most offensive players in his class, which he's only working on more in the offseason. He is also gifted defensively and doesn't shy away from blocking shots or stripping the puck from other players, another skill his coaches have advised him to continue to master. Gerry Looks forward to a very good offseason and to be drafted in what he hopes is an early position.

170 words - 3 TPE

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to the Anchorage Armada on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to the Armada taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and a table with the 3 keys to the series results.

The Anchorage Armada have won the 4 star cup, congratulations on the outstanding win.
I believe they have won the series in outstanding fashion, with 3 key elements of their game, which really made them stand out.
Number One: Goal Scoring. They are obviously a very strong team with the puck, putting up more goals that every team in their conference, and possibly the entire league? (Citation needed/Possibly fake news) They have a very strong offensive core with which gave them the edge this series.
Number Two: Defensive Core. They had the better defensive core, so much so that you might argue they won them the game, solely based off their impressive ability to smother shots and setup teammates for breakaways and getting out of the neutral zone with relative ease.
Number Three: Their goalie. The Anchorage Armada won this series because when push comes to shove, their tendy did what the other teams couldn't, stop pucks. he did it so much better that it won them the 4 star cup. hats off to their goalie.

177 words - 3 TPE

TPE 16/16

2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3

Task 2 - 2TPE
The item that will be given out for the Kelowna Knights will be a foam helmet. This helmet will look just like the logo and will be a knights helmet. This commemorative item is to be given out on the game that is closest to the teams birthday. The reason for giving this out is to thank our fans. If it was not for them then we would not be where we are today. The fans at Kelowna are a key part in the team's success and at home games you can feel the energy that the fans give. The team feeds off this energy and we want to give them something in return. So for the day we turn all our fans into Knights of the Kelowna Table.

Task 4 - 3TPE
Roboute Guilliman has a soft spot for helping out those that are in need. Given his family's wealth and influence he could just give a ton of money to one charity but his efforts are put towards his family's own charity. This charity is the Guilliman foundation. This foundation provides kids with the ability to play board games and tabletop games. These games helped Guilliman learn how to lead and manage teams to fulfil a mission as he grew up. Board games help you learn these things along with creating friendships that you wouldn't otherwise have. These events team up with local game stores to host learning days as well as running fun tournaments for a variety of games. The thing about these tournaments is that all the armies and or items needed to compete are entirely provided for by the Guilliman foundation. So kids just need to show up and they will have everything they need to compete. With the winner often getting to keep the things he used. In much of his offtime you can find Guilliman working to put together these armies or supplies in order that all kids have the opportunity to play.

Task 8 - 2TPE
I would say that this season was not the best for Roboute Guilliman. But it also wasn't terrible. He was hoping to put on a big show and come out swinging his rookie season but the stars did not align with that. He put up a decent number of assists which was nice but he had troubles putting shots on goal and making them count. With that being said his defense was better than most. His ability to win faceoffs was great for a rookie and while its hard to see in the stats he did a great job of holding onto the puck and not being a liability on defense. So in that regard he met his expectations but he was really hoping to do more offensively this season. He's hoping to improve in all areas this next season. He wants to push his faceoff win percentage even higher while also putting some goals on the board. All of this while he remains reliable and a strong defender.

Task 9 - 2TPE
The best series in these playoffs had to be the Kelowna Knights vs. St Louis Scarecrows. The series went all the way to game 7 and the games were nuts tons of goals going around with lots of energy coming from both teams. The biggest thing that made this series so thrilling was the ability for both teams to score. Like we said many of these games had high scoring games and it was back and forth all series. Unfortunately in the tug of war St. Louis was the ones to come out on top. Our Kel defense just couldn't control them in the last few games.

Task 10 - 3TPE
Over in Kelowna we are excited for this next season. It was sad and unfortunate that we were eliminated so early in the playoffs this past season but our rookies are hungry for a cup and we should only be getting better from here. Kel should be looking really strong this next year. We only lost a few age out and called up players so we have some strong players still around and our big wave of rookies are starting to get better and better. Almost all of the rookies are on track for 350 tpe by next season and we have many players who are now able to unlock up to 475 so this is nothing but great things for Kel. Its a bit sad to see some of our older players leave but I think the rookies will be in a good spot to pick up what was lost.

Task 11 - 3TPE 
This offseason Roboute Guilliman is hitting the gym hard and is on the ice practicing whenever he can. He has been focusing on increasing all aspects of his play both for offensive as well as defense. Guilliman has been able to really understand the power of defense even if you're a forward and he has been making sure he doesn't skip defense day. On his rest days you can find Roboute watching vods of past games as he looks to see where he needs to improve on his playstyle. He has been putting a lot of work on getting better with his faceoff reflexes and ability to win in the dot. Roboute has also been talking with many scouts for this upcoming draft as he is one of the top centers in the draft so we will see what teams are in need of a center and where he ends up.

Task 12 - 3TPE
Roboute Guilliman is a player that is in the shadows of all the other great names in the S58 class. This is such a stacked class but Roboute Guilliman is definitely someone teams should be looking at. The big selling point for Guilliman is his reliability. He does a great job of getting the puck around and getting back on defense. He also stays out of the penalty box and has been doing well in faceoffs. He puts in a ton of work both on and off the ice and I think he will be a great pickup for a team. While we would love to see him picked early because he is easily a top 5 pick caliber player he may be a steal for a team with a later pick if he is overlooked by the teams. Roboute is someone who is going to do everything he can to be the most reliable player for a team. He may not score a ton of goals but he will also not be a liability on the ice on defense.

Total: 18TPE = 16TPE

[Image: 63526_s.gif]
[Image: pxjucze.png]          [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: wW0VNnL.png]         [Image: vjZu62e.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 09:30 PM by cahtah haht.)

Task 2 (2 TPE): The Kelowna Knights will be handing out commemorative tickets at games to show support for their fans. Kelowna’s loyal fans have shown unwavering support during the pandemic and every ticket that was available was sold this season, which is why the tickets will be handed out. Some lucky fans may receive tickets signed by star players, and some fans will receive actual valid tickets for a game at a later date, but all fans will be getting exciting memorabilia because of how supportive they have been. Its hard to get a fanbase as devoted as the one we have in Kelowna, and its important that we show the fans how much we care about them.

Task 4 (3 TPE): Travis Konecny will be trying to keep homeless children out of the streets of many major cities. A charitable man, he understands the importance of supporting the homeless especially as storms get more intense and winters get more harsh. It is a critical issue and one of the biggest issues faced by homeless people is lack of socks, shoes, and other articles of clothing. The Kelowna area and every other major city has homeless people, and taking care of them so they can get on their feet and move up in the world is critical. He hopes that his donations will help get many children off the streets, fed, and clothed, and while TK will be donating to other causes, his will be spending the most time trying to get homeless kids off the streets. This critical work has to be done, and TK believes that it is his responsibility, as someone who can afford to donate, to help those in need.

Task 6 (3 TPE): The main difference if the playoff bracket had looked different in round one is that Kelowna would have won it all. Kelowna had built a perfect team this year, with only one weakness: The St. Louis Scarecrows. Unfortunately, Kelowna ran into St Louis in the first round this year which cut their season short in a series that took seven games to decide. This unfortunate stroke of misfortune would not have taken place in any other playoff scenario, and that is due to the fact that St Louis built the worst team in SMJHL history, with only one strength: their play against the Kelowna Knights. Any other team would have swept the Scaredcrows in the first round. For this reason, literally any playoff combination would have resulted in an easy championship for the Knights. It is unfortunate that the Knights ran into such a roadblock, but super teams don’t disappear overnight (except for most of the time) so they will be back next year ready to win it all.

Task 7 (2 TPE): The 12 team format is okay but it could be improved upon. Under the current system, teams that do not deserve playoffs make it by default, and all they do is a little bit of damage to a more deserving team. This is fine but it could be better. I think the best possible form of playoffs would include the bottom four teams playing against each other for two spots. Force the garbage teams to fight amongst each other for a chance to take down the better teams. This new format, which has a four team play-in and a 10-team format would reward the better teams and make the worse teams have to work a little harder for their spot, making the regular season a little more meaningful.

Task 8 (3 TPE): My first season on the Kelowna Knights was about where I expected, considering it was my first ever season of simulation hockey. Because I am so new, I didn’t expect an amazing top line player but Travis Konecny was not a liability to his team at any point. He has a long way to go, and he will go there, but for now, TK did everything his team needed him to and that was keep the team in the game while the stars rested up. This is an important role to fill, and while he did get a few goals and assists this year, TK’s shots blocked and positive +/- meant that he was keeping his team in games when his team needed him. It is important to have depth as a team and although it may not be the most glamourous role, I am glad that Travis Konecny was able to keep his team in games and he was able to do that.

Task 9 (2 TPE): The most exciting playoff series was St Louis Scarecrows v Kelowna Knights. This is because it was so back and forth. Kelowna got two 3-0 shutouts, but they lost three games by three points. It was back and forth from the beginning, with the Knights going W-L-W-W-L-L-L. It started even, then Kelowna took it to 3-1 before the Scarecrows rallied to win three straight and the series. It seemed like every game was decided decisively, and at any random point in the series it looked obvious which team would win or lose, but the team that looked like they would clearly win was never the same team. Thrilling series like that one is the reason we play hockey.

Task 10 (3 TPE): Kelowna has a lot to be excited about, because they are the best team in the SMJHL. It seems clear as of now that they will win every game they play including a sweep of every playoff series until the four star cup. Kelowna has a lot of good players that will only get better, and star goaltenders will ensure that even if the team is playing absolutely terribly it will be impossible for them to lose. While goaltenders cannot win the game on their own, a strong draft and improvements by core players will make up for losing several stars to the SHL. At this point in time it seems clear that the Kelowna Knights will be the best team in the SMJHL and honestly its possible they will be good enough to take on any SHL team as well. I and the other Kelowna players can’t wait to add “S58 Four Star Champions” to my signature.

Task 11 (3 TPE): It’s the offseason and the one thing Travis Konecny likes best is turning on his television and watching the real Travis Konecny score goals by the dozen in the NHL. TK is the best player in the National Hockey league and he will one day be known as the great 11. The SMJHL Travis Konecny will also make thousands of burner twitter accounts so he can go into the trenches of Pens twitter and spam the living daylights out of them until they are forced to go private. With all that defending the legacy of TK and destroying the twitter hates, as well as watching the greatest hockey player of all time, Travis will barely have time to acquire thousands of TPE, and that is why he will not do that. He will hopefully find the time to get as many TPE as possible but lets be real, you can only run so many thousands of twitter accounts at the same time and that obviously comes first. (Any SHL scouts reading this: That’s a joke pls draft me)

13-A (1 TPE): David S. Pumpkins is the best name in the finals. This is because his name has a type of produce in it, which is funny because he was not producing any opportunities. Just kidding, but the irony is there. David S. wasn’t bad during the playoffs, but he would have liked a few more points to go with his amazing name.

13-B (1 TPE): I have a hunch that Anchorage will pull this one out. Its honestly just my gut feeling, and I am sure this series will be interesting. It just seems to me that in this classic battle of offense vs defense, the defense will stick it out and bring home the trophy.

13-C (1 TPE): Quebec choked harder than Jimmy Johnson with a porkchop, and all they would have to do to advance to the Four Star is not suck for a few series. Meanwhile, the whalers were actually not that bad, they just had the misfortune to play in a stacked division. If they were in the East they would have been in 5th place, and from that position it would have been much easier for them to take down the weaker competition.

13-D: The obvious choice for Anchorage’s star player is Igor Victory. The defensemen had an outstanding season, blocking over a hundred shots and scoring over 30 points. Igor Victory was crucial for getting his team up to first in the West, and from there they were in a position to win it all.
Task 16: CAHTAH

[Image: pub?w=620&h=349]
[Image: pub?w=1816&h=100]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 10:50 PM by bjkman.)

PBE Affiliate = +3 TPE (3 TPE)

Task #9: Which series of these playoffs up until the finals has been the best / most thrilling and why? = +2 TPE (5 TPE)

Not to be a fan of the home team, but my favorite playoff series this season what the one that I was lucky enough to be a part of! The 7 game battle between the Kelowna Knights and the St. Louis Scarecrows was a fight to behold. In a back and forth battle from game 1 to game 7, both teams traded wins as the home team and away team, with surprisingly no home team advantage throughout the series in many close games, the St. Louis Scarecrows took the surprising victory in game 7, with a 7 goal AWAY GAME performance to sneak away from the Knights and advance to the next round against the eventual winners, the Anchorage Armada in a 4-1 series loss.

Code:
125 Words

Task #11: tell us how you're spending your time this offseason. = +3 TPE (8 TPE)

Well, this offseason is special since it is my first one ever. And to break in my first offseason ever, I am getting on a new training regiment! Yeah, I was told by my fellow Scarecrows that many of my current training plans are not productive in becoming a useful member of the team; like for example... Bravery, I have been watching scary movies to try and be not scared but they told me that you do not watch scary movies when on the ice playing hockey, and I said... "uh, oh yeah, you are totally right", so I stopped doing that and now with my free time I watch any movie I want! But, yeah the team is paying for my new workout gear this offseason so I am very excited to train differently from last year and to improve, especially since some new teams will have the ability to draft me TOMORROW!! I am very excited about my future.

Code:
161 Words

Task #12: Write a pre-draft scout report = +3 TPE (11 TPE)

While he is known as the "Taskmaster" by his teammates and fellow members of the SHL, I might call him the "Monolith from England" because of his size and power. A #4 round selection of last season's Juniors Entry Draft, this big winger from England, is, in his words, "Looking to be a productive member to any squad that needs him", and from my point of view, any squad would be lucky to have him. Over a half-a-dozen teams have reached out to this possible late first-round pick, and any team that lets Davies fall farther than that will be disappointed they did not take him when he had the chance. I took a deep dive into his stats and while they are not the most eye-popping on paper, as Greg Davies grows to be the player I know he can be, a team will LOVE to have this big man around the locker room, there to score a goal when he is needed the most. Or even win a fight against an archenemy.

Code:
174 Words

Task #13(a/b): = +2 TPE (13 TPE)

A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series

If you ask me there shouldn't be any questions, David S. Pumpkins is the best name in the championship series between the Anchorage Armada and the Anaheim Outlaws, with his crew of dancing skeletons by his side, his amazing suit and hair and his lovable demeanor that can be scary when needed, DSP is the name to watch for in the Finals!

Code:
62 Words

B. Who are the favorites in this classic battle of offense vs defense?

I have seen a million football games in my life and I can say with confidence that defense is key, "the best offense is a good defense" I'm pretty sure that that is a quote somewhere, but I know for sure that it isn't the other way around. If the Anchorage Defense can hold Anaheim is under 3 goals a game, I am positive that the Anchorage offense can do what is needed to take home the championship!

Code:
78 Words

Task #16: Trivia = +3 TPE (16 TPE)
Code:
bosh

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

I did Trivia,
Verification Word: GabeMadeMeDoIt

[Image: giphy.gif]

Player | Update | Twitter