Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union

01-22-2021, 01:12 AMWaters Wrote:
01-21-2021, 09:39 AMztevans Wrote: Do I think Slappy expressed his frustrations in the right way? Not even a little bit.  I think @Avakael summed that up nicely enough, so I won't rehash it.

Is it a laughable, worthy of ridicule point that he thinks the index should be a priority? Not at all. I disagree that we should have waited for a proper index to make the jump to FHM, but I do think progress on that front should definitely be a part of any future "State of the SHL" posts. 

Perhaps the most salient point he made is there do be quite a few people who love to preach tolerance and also love to dunk on people, which sucks.  JUST GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER YOU NIMWITS.
Tolerance of minorities not tolerance of stupid

This is going to be my absolutely last post on this, because we're clearly walking in circles and I guess you missed all of the hubbub yesterday.

I'm not asking anyone to tolerate "stupid." I'm asking you (as a collective SHL, not specifically Wen Baters) to not respond to "stupid" with four pages of memes and "boomer" jokes. This is not a high bar. Make whatever posts you feel are necessary in a respectful tone because we are all human beings to educate and inform until the alleged "stupid" party leaves you no other choice. And even then, consider just ... ignoring them? Not being a jerk? Idk. There are other cards in the deck. That's all I'm saying. Literally all I'm saying.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-22-2021, 10:38 AMztevans Wrote: I think a paid position to provide that info on the forums in lieu of the index while that's still being worked on is not a bad idea.

This would be great, too much to ask of the streamer of course but if there are a handful of people who between them can watch every stream and provide boxscores in a centralized location (maybe a responsibility for backup streamers?) it would be extremely helpful

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Might have to cop some merch at some point. Need a team with a cool logo to draft my guy.

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

01-22-2021, 02:08 PMsota Wrote: Might have to cop some merch at some point. Need a team with a cool logo to draft my guy.

I can say with confidence my QCC blanket has been a great purchase.

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

01-22-2021, 02:10 PMztevans Wrote:
01-22-2021, 02:08 PMsota Wrote: Might have to cop some merch at some point. Need a team with a cool logo to draft my guy.

I can say with confidence my QCC blanket has been a great purchase.

QCC definitely has a sweet logo and color scheme. Do they by chance offer that on toques or beer coozies?  Shy

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

01-22-2021, 02:00 PMnotorioustig Wrote:
01-22-2021, 10:38 AMztevans Wrote: I think a paid position to provide that info on the forums in lieu of the index while that's still being worked on is not a bad idea.

This would be great, too much to ask of the streamer of course but if there are a handful of people who between them can watch every stream and provide boxscores in a centralized location (maybe a responsibility for backup streamers?) it would be extremely helpful

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=105974

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

01-22-2021, 02:13 PMsota Wrote:
01-22-2021, 02:10 PMztevans Wrote: I can say with confidence my QCC blanket has been a great purchase.

QCC definitely has a sweet logo and color scheme. Do they by chance offer that on toques or beer coozies?  Shy

No, but it does come on travel mugs!

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

01-21-2021, 10:11 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
01-21-2021, 08:19 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Luke, pay this man ^

I know it's a joke but in a real work environment I probably wouldn't accept this project. The data they have to work with is impossible. I think it was Skeleton Party who made the script that translates box scores into the db information and that looked like a nightmare.
it looked like a nightmare 99% because i wrote it.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]